• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Quirky Mafia

Abstaining is silly. By voting we can discover other players intentions, if we just sit around and do nothing we'll learn little. That's why I decided to vote, to get things stated.

So Absoul converts parts of his posts into another language.

Abstaining keeps us alive. Of course, we know that the Mafia are active and are smart enough to know that killing Maimi is like one of the basic things any mafia member ever does, but if we lynch at this moment, we could very well lynch an innocent and get another innocent killed during the night. It's best to wait for the mafia to slip up. Which I think they did now... (hurr durr, implying I think He's mafia, hurr durr)

Harvest, you say lynching would discover another person's intentions. Fair enough. But why Light of all people? Why that random selection? Not to say that I'm defending Him or anything, but randomized lynching before the first day even is worse than lynching on the first day with intention.

Speaking of you, it was apparent what quirks people got. Phantom got a badass monologue, Absoul had to post something in a different language, Zexion needed to say something about money or something, Blastoise apparantly can't use "I", and you can figure out mine with a little effort. But you? There doesn't seem to be any type of quirk on you.

I'm sorry, I must have forgotten to put this in the introductory post. Anyway, as stated in the sign-up thread, the robot is not a player. Instead, it performs a random action on a random player each night.

Is that a question? Because otherwise I can't say anything.

I play Mafia differently, so that's why my philosophy is different. I don't necessarily believe in random lynching, but rather pressing people to discover slip ups. Also, how is it that by voting I'm mafia, please explain.

Is that a question? Because otherwise I can't say anything.

I play Mafia differently, so that's why my philosophy is different. I don't necessarily believe in random lynching, but rather pressing people to discover slip ups. Also, how is it that by voting I'm mafia, please explain.

It's not necessarily the voting itself, it's that you're too eager to vote, and 'round here, that's suspicious as holy hell water. And you're totally disregarding the reasonings we're giving, you're merely restating your point over and over again.

I'm not going to lynch you yet. But we've got time; I think of a decision soon.

Your activities are mildly-moderately suspicious. It's upgraded to 'high' suspicious at the beginning of this highly-suspicious game.

Absoul ama Español, al parecer.

As I said before I was testing the water, I'm only voting for reactions and such. But it's becoming obvious that this tactic won't work because everyone abstains.

Unvote:Absoul

Phantom, smoking's bad.

Don't think we have any good evidence. See no reason to not Abstain.

Perhaps Robot is what passes for doctor? Hard to draw conclusions during first day.

Once again I'm stopped in my tracks by a would be do good-er. "Smoking's bad," he says.

I give the humanitarian a glare as I light up again right in front of him.

The kid keeps goin', talking about robots being doctors. None of it made any more sense than whoever was the idiot who thought throwing needles in haystacks was a good idea.

Abstaining keeps us alive. Of course, we know that the Mafia are active and are smart enough to know that killing Maimi is like one of the basic things any mafia member ever does, but if we lynch at this moment, we could very well lynch an innocent and get another innocent killed during the night. It's best to wait for the mafia to slip up. Which I think they did now... (hurr durr, implying I think He's mafia, hurr durr)

Harvest, you say lynching would discover another person's intentions. Fair enough. But why Light of all people? Why that random selection? Not to say that I'm defending Him or anything, but randomized lynching before the first day even is worse than lynching on the first day with intention.

Speaking of you, it was apparent what quirks people got. Phantom got a badass monologue, Absoul had to post something in a different language, Zexion needed to say something about money or something, Blastoise apparantly can't use "I", and you can figure out mine with a little effort. But you? There doesn't seem to be any type of quirk on you.

Quirks, the player called it. Made sense by my book. I'd dealt with this before. This Harvest Ty might just have to vote. I'd seen it before. During the great game of '46. Poor sod had to vote every blasted day. It ended up with the good folks thinking he was a no good scum ball and lynchin' him right in the middle of town. Damn shame, like eating peanut butter without milk. Damn right shame.

For right now, I knew we had to sit and wait for the rats to get cabin fever. Sooner or later they would slip up. "Just abstain," I told them all.

I blew out the last of my drag before putting it out on my boot as I started walking again. I felt their eyes on my back. "Abstain and pray," I called back.

Phantom can smoke an entire cigar in one conversation. Impressive. Smoke, fine. Kill your lungs.

Harvest, abstaining does not reverse previous suspicions. Still, abstaining seems good.

I immediately put my hands up and take a step backwards. "Heh, uh, what gives?" I stammer nervously, "I'm not doing anything wrong! I'm just standing here! Besides, isn't it just a random thing?" I laugh.

Haha, Phantom's quirk is brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom