• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Random Scribblenauts Time-Wasting

Put a stairway there.

Too small.
That's one of the many things about Scribblenauts that irks me. If you type in stairs/escalator/bridge/other things to that extent they should be large enough to actualy help you out.
Or maybe that would make some puzzles to simple? Bah. If they make a sequal, which they probably will seeing how the game was hyped and many rushed to buy it, they should increase the size of some objects.
And definetly fix the controls.

Still, the giant dictionary somehow makes up for most shortcomings. At least, for me anyways.

a message I sent Flametail said:
But after people started coming back, I pulled out my DS so this kid I talk to occasionally could like through my extensive Platinum Pokédex. I hear something about a tuba being used to beat people up from some tuba player and I'm all

"WE SHOULD TRY IT IN SCRIBBLENAUTS"

so I get it out and I decide show this one kid who I've actually never talked to before ever (but he plays the tuba) what happens when tubas exist in Scribblenauts.

He started suggesting things to put in.

"Hey, can I play?"

He started playing... and from all around the room people started slowly trickling in, intrigued by the game. One of the rookie trumpet players and a trombone player and another tuba and

... it just kept going

One of the other trumpets comes over and goes "Oooh, put in '[Newt's] mom'!" so we do [note: instead of "that's what she said" the typical trumpet response to anything that can be taken alternatively is to somehow twist it into "I did [Newt]'s mom last night"]

and it works

From where I'm randomly yelling things about the game out loud, I hear another trumpet ask "Is that Scribblenauts?" and we're like "yeah" and I was like "hey did you know putting in 'om nom nom nom' works?" and he's like "WHAT"

At some point later he managed to get control of the game and when I went to see how he was doing

I hear "God's pissed off at me now!" and I'm like "What'd you do?! and he's just like "I don't know!"

I turned around at one point and about seven people were crowded around the tuba player I had originally shown and my pink DS.

They took it onto the rookie bus (where I wasn't) on the way back from the competition and played it there.

I took it out with the intent to summon a tuba for a tuba player.

And I ended up getting about twenty or more people to look on at it or play it at some point.

At one point a drummer walks over and is just like "what's this about :x"

so I'm like "they're playing Scribblenauts

you type in a word - anything - and it shows up"

and he walks over and finds himself a point to watch from

I swear my previously fully-charged DS became half-drained by the time we got onto the bus to competition.

The trumpet who managed to get God pissed off was convinced to buy Scribblenauts, and I highly doubt he's the only one.

Scribblenauts is awesome. :x

Back
Top Bottom