• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[RESULTS IN] Pokemon Creepypasta Contest

Re: Pokemon Creepypasta Contest

Chary2K? Mine eyes are bleeding. Thank you for the clarification Butterfree.

((My first foray into the world of the creepy pasta. Enjoy.))

The Forgotten

I'd like to make this clear from the beginning: I am not a huge Pokemon fan. Sure, I liked the series when I was younger, watched the anime, traded the cards, bought and traded through Red, Blue, and Yellow. But through all this time, I only played by myself, or with a few more casual friends. I heard tales of glitches, but never could get the duplication trick to work. Found out later it was because my name was just the wrong series of letters, but there's no story there.

Second generation was terribly exciting. All these new creatures to see! New evolutions! Breeding! Held items! Female characters! But, despite my excitement, I only ever bought Crystal, never Silver or Gold. And when the third generation came out, well, it started to be new verse, same as the first verse, only without the sheen of newness the first generation held. Forth generation barely registered on my radar, except as a, "What the heck have they done to them now?" response.

But, until very recently, I've never talked online with real fanatics, learned the exact rules for EVs and IVs, found out about all the cheats and glitches you could do with the original run of games. Until very recently, I had no reason to suspect my experience was any different, any stranger, than anyone else's.

I'll back up by saying that I've always been a fan of ghost Pokemon. Gastly/Haunter/Gengar have been a staple of my teams for most of my journeys. I was often irked, in my earlier years, when playing Red or Blue, because despite ghost being more powerful than psychic, they were always weak to it, due to their partially poisonous nature. Looking back, they almost look tacked on, as if there was intent to do more with that type, but, like the dragons, they ran out of time.

Yellow, though, Yellow changed things. I realize now that my experience was unique, at best, among most players. The game always began the same way, with Professor Oak giving you a Pikachu after placating your rival with an Eevee, being locked in Pewter Town until managing to beat Brock, Team Rocket filling Mount Moon. This, though, was where my game differed, because rarely, one in every hundred or so encounters, I would find a ghost. They were always Gengar, strangely; at least, the sprite was the same. They were almost impossible to catch, and only appeared in the lower levels of the mountain.

I did manage to catch one, once. It's stats were strangely skewed, with a terribly high special for being level 6, yet very low on everything else. It was impossible to nickname, as whenever I visited the Name Rater later and presented it, he would pause, then say, "No, no, that name is fine! Just fine!" It was also pure Ghost, with no secondary typing. It was irresistible; it formed a cornerstone of my team.

As I continued the game, more things began to warp around my captured Gengar. Ghosts in the Lavender Tower were visible without the Silph Scope, and I rescued Mr. Fiji without even entering Celadon City. The guards around Saffron didn't complain about being thirsty, but about being exhausted, and disappeared after I woke both of the Snorlax. Koga's invisible walls were also intangible, and I walked past all of his trainers to engage him first. And the guard to Victory Road was absent, though I don't know if he left at the same time as his compatriots guarding the city. Perhaps I could have gone directly to the Elite Four without every badge; I doubt I'll know.

Usually, after beating the Elite Four, I end a game, perhaps transferring my winning team to another game. This time, though, rather than the credits rolling after my defeat of my rival, Professor Oak admonished me. "You have come far, ACE, but you are not yet champion. You still have one more task." As he turned away, I noticed the eyes of his sprite looked odd, almost red.

I was confused. I had beat the elite, my Pikachu was at it's highest happiness level, my Pokedex was full, there was nothing more to do. But after his talk, I was teleported, I assume, back to Pallet. Nothing had changed visually. I looked in my bag to find my Pidgeot and fly back to the mountain, but my team had mostly vanished. All that was left was the Gengar, and trying to look at it only yielded a text box with "...".

Returning to the game world, I tried talking to Pikachu, who was still following me. The picture that popped up, though, was of the Gengar, looking at me with flashing red eyes, then pointing upward. This happened a few times. Then, I moved to the left, and talked to it again. The same animation, although it almost looked like its eyes were darker.

After checking other screens, finding all my items accounted for, my trainer card normal, my save file as it was after the Elite Four defeat, I started walking north, towards Veridian. I stopped every few minutes, checking on what the Gengar said. There was an odd disjoint between the pleasant, yellow, tail-swishing oversprite of Pikachu and the grim glower of the Gengar image.

After reaching Veridian, the animation changed. This time, the Gengar pointed, then gestured again, as though agitated, still pointing upward. I took the opportunity to check my boxes in the PokeCenter, but they, too, were empty. Only the Gengar remained. I continued traveling upward, until, in Pewter, the animation changed again. This time, it pointed to the right, its eyes mere slits of rage. I didn't bother to stop, but traveled on, passing trainers I had beaten countless times before.

Finally, I reached Mount Moon. I saved before entering it, on a hunch. The moment I stepped through the entrance, I lost control of my character, and Pikachu disappeared. I watched my sprite march alone, up, than right, then up, never running into any Pokemon, never moving its legs in the walking animation, passing through the corner of a wall. I traveled down a ladder, into pitch darkness. Then, I was still.

It took a minute to realize I could walk on my own again. I tried pressing start, although nothing happened. I began to move in circles, further and further outward, trying to find something. I bumped into something, and a text box lit up, "Light?" with options of yes or no. I chose yes. There was a flash from the screen, then, as my eyes adjusted, I saw my sprite surrounded by Clefairy, filling the room, all facing towards me. I walked towards on, and it stepped away, leaving a space for me, but still watching. This happened in any direction I moved in. I was getting slightly freaked out, and tried pressing start again. Rather than open the menu, all the Clefairy turned black-purple. This time, when I stepped towards one, it stayed where it was, with me half-through it.

I kept walking. Imperceptibly at first, my walk was slower and slower, until pressing on the arrows did nothing. I tried start again. Nothing. I pressed A. Another box of text. "Thief. You stole. From us, so many times. You, and others, so many of us, stolen, left alone in boxes of metal, dying, forgotten. We, who traveled the stars, who know worlds you cannot imagine, trapped, frozen, alone. How could you? HOW COULD YOU?!"

The music, until then the usual Mount Moon theme, stopped dead. "But that was not enough. You had to steal our dead, those we lost, and use them. You took them, as though they meant nothing to us, as though we were nothing. But now, it is you. You are nothing. You are alone. Forgotten, underground, forever." I tried pressing A, to read more, but the last line just kept repeating. "Forgotten, underground, forever." I tried B. "Forgotten, underground, forever." I tried start, select, any direction, all buttons at once. "Forgotten, underground, forever." I switched the game off, set the Gameboy on the shelf, didn't play it for a week.

When I turned it back on, something seemed to flash in the moment before the logo came up. When I reached the screen, there was no save game. I began a new game, unconcerned. But I never dared catch one of the lonely Gengar again.

Nice, ok, uh Blade did you know Moon Garden in the first post connects to a completely different thread? Uh, I believe "Relationships!"

Ribbons done.

Art:
skullribbontrans.gif
skullribbon.png

Writing:
pumpkinribbontrans.gif
pumpkinribbon.png

Well, I had this odd dream last night that could very well turn into a creepy-pasta if I extend it a bit, so I'll try my hand:

Traitor

I was bored over the summer. Bored. Really bored. Imagine being as bored as you could be, and then multiply it by bored. So, as I was refreshing Facebook every ten seconds to see if I got a comment on my wall, I came up with a great idea. You see, I love the Pokemon franchise. I've played every game since Pokemon Ruby, but, being thirteen, I was too young to play anything before that, seeing as Crystal came out when I was four years old. But I digress; my great idea was to remedy this situation by buying Pokemon Red and playing it! I figured I would have a great time. I could use the Box Trick to make overly strong Pokemon, I could enjoy the wonders of 8-bit "tink-dink" music as I like to call it, heck, I could even catch Missingno. and go to Glitch City. It was gonna be great.

I beg my mom to take me to GameStop to see if they have any Reds or Blues. So we hop in the car and off I go. As I go up to their "really old handheld games" case, I'm disappointed because all I see are some GBA games and a few for the Color. As I'm turning to walk away, though, something catches the corner of my eye and I see one lone red-colored cartridge in the side of the display case which I swear wasn't there before. FireRed. I ask my mom to take me to the other Gamestop near the BestBuy; they always had a better selection. As we pull in here, I go to the case and right in the center is a Pokemon Blue. Awesome. I pull out a five and hand it to the cashier. "I want that Blue," I say. He takes it out of the display case and hands it to me along with a buck and change. I can barely hold my excitement while my mom drives me home, and as soon as we get back I pull out my old GBA and plug in the game. The batteries are dead, of course, after years of sitting, so I get two new Double A's and turn it on.

"Dwum...Ding!" goes the typical GameBoy tune. Black and white. Crappy graphics. Hallelujah! Professor Oak does his typical greeting. No m/f option in Blue but I really don't care that much because I'm a boy so all's good. I choose the names. "ASH" and "GARY," because I want a retro feel (and Missingno.). The game starts off normally enough. I walk into Oak's lab and am given my choice of Pokemon. I choose SQUIRTLE because real men choose SQUIRTLE because then Gary chooses BULBASAUR and you can just catch a PIDGEY on route ONE and RAPE HIS BULBASAUR WITH GUST IN THE SECOND ENCOUNTER which is optional but gives you a CRAPTON OF EXPERIENCE! So yeah, I chose Squirtle and he chose Bulbasaur and we battled. His opening line was different. I don't remember how because this was a while ago, but it said something about how his grandfather misunderstood and I was the evil one or something. It was odd, but I didn't care; I decimated him with Tackle.

I continued like normal, going to Viridian city and back and catching myself a Pidgey, training both it and Squirtle. I headed back to Viridian city and to the left to challenge Gary, leading with my newly caught Pidgey. He sends out Bulbasaur and I choose Gust and... It's normally effective. Shoot. Now I remember seeing that Gust was normal-type in Gen I on Bulbapedia. Pidgey fainted, and I sent out Squirtle, but it barely beats Bulbasaur. Pidgey comes next and I go to my bag for a Potion but realize I forgot to get the free one out of the PC at the beginning. I lose.

I white out, returning to the Viridian City PC. I take my two Pokemon and return to Pallet to get my free Potion, but as I step out of that original patch of grass, I see Oak run up to me like in the beginning of the game. Again, I can't remember what he says, but somehow I get to trade my Squirtle for a Charmander because nobody claimed it. Now that's what I'm talking about. I head back to face Gary with my new Fire-Type pokemon and easily destroy him. His closing line is something along the lines of "I told you so," and he leaves.

The game progresses as per usual. I beat the gym leaders. I catch Missingno., but it's way less funny/thrilling than everybody plays it up to be. The only two reminders that this is even a hacked game are the Charizard at the front of my party and the odd statements from Gary every time I see him. I reach the Elite 4. I beat the Elite 4. I beat Gary.

This is where it gets weird.

Oak comes running up as per usual to congratulate me, but it isn't congratulations. "ASH!" he says. "You may think I've come to congratulate you for becoming Champion. But I've come to get you." This isn't the normal dialogue so I start to write it down. "You're a traitor. Gary was right. I thought my grandson had cruelty in his heart and for that, Gary, I am sorry. But it was you. You turned away that Squirtle in favor of a strategical advantage. ASH, it thought you loved it. When you sent it back, it became withdrawn. It starved itself to death, ASH! Your Pokemon don't need to see what happens next." I stay glued to the screen. ASH does not. My character is no longer there. Any fool would realize he has been killed by Oak.

At this point Oak must have realized that I was writing down what he said because he turns downward, toward me. "Never tell anyone! Don't ever say what happened in this game! Do you understand?" I slowly nod, though he can't see it. Not like I really could have said anything anyway. Nobody would believe it. But then one day, I'm surfing TCoD and I come across a contest. It wants people to write Pokemon creepypasta. I immediately think of this experience, but I promised to Oak. I can't do it. Yet the ribbon is so tempting. And the idea of finally winning an award... I can't stop myself. And so I write up a log of my experience. Here I sit, a traitor.

And Oak has come to get me.

Last edited:

The entries all look really good. As soon as I can get acess to a computer, (this stupid phone won't let me do links and stuff) I'll fix all the links and put the ribbons on the front page. Thank you for making them, Blastoise. :3 I can't thank you enough. Will you be entering, by the way?

I guess I'll enter this, since I have an idea.

Fox​

everybody seems so nostalgic of the days of red and blue that I feel a bit guilty for having found blue version boring when I was little and played it on my cousin's gameboy. but the way I see it, when my brother got gold and I decided to get my own pokemon game, ruby, it started a golden age. I played day and night, my sister and my friends and my sister's friends all had ruby or sapphire, and fun was had by all. there were new challenges every day, different pokemon to collect, all sorts of secret bases to train in, and new berries to collect.

but, like all golden ages, it had to end. people just lost interest. by the time I got emerald, at least half of the people who used to play stopped playing, and only the really nerdy people (the cool kids by my standards) were still into it. then for a while I just stopped, until I finally decided to buy a copy of pearl. I played until I could transfer my old pokemon into it. I brought in a blaziken from emerald, my sister's shiny swablu, my original sceptile, jumple the azumarill, and fox. fox, the linoone who knew surf and ice beam, a level 100 who I had since ruby when it was level 3 or so, which honestly beat a rayquaza when it was only level 34. a lot of fun times. but in the past year, all of my pokefanish friends have been obsessing over the technical stuff, type advantages and all this crap from smogon. I've been told multiple times to take fox off my lv100 team. of course I refused every time.

the other day though, I picked up pearl on a whim and started to play it. ruby was in the gba slot of the ds. I had to admit, pearl was quite boring. the games just got more boring generation by generation. with nothing else to do, I decided to give the battle tower a try. that was when things got weird. the lady at the tower said
"oh, you've been at one of our other buildings, haven't you?"
I was given a choice of yes or no. curious, I chose yes.
"we're having a tournament with our other installment. would you like to join in?"
I answered yes again. the woman led me to a hallway. now I was excited. I was sure that if this had happened to anyone else I'd have seen it on the internet by now. I had made a discovery.
we went through a doorway. the screen went black, like it did whenever anyone goes from room to room. but when it came back, the graphic quality had clearly diminished. we were outside, by a boat. the screen seemed to have shrunk. the partial 3D effects of the scenery were gone and replaced by genuine sprites. we went on the boat. this boat seemed familiar though. suddenly I heard a pokemon's cry. I went outside to investigate.

now something was clearly strange. it was exactly like the abandoned ship from ruby. no, it WAS the abandoned ship from ruby. now I knew this was no ordinary easter egg. I explored the ship. there were no trainers there. I searched for the dive area and found it. to my surprise, dive was an option. the underwater path was no different than I had remembered. when I was asked if I wanted to resurface at the other end of the path I said yes. the game said "are you sure?" obviously I said yes. then it said "warning: you are not backwards compatible." then yes/no. I didn't know how to answer that, so I just said yes.

I surfaced in a strange place. I was in a wide straight pathway full of trainers on either side. I tried to move forward. I couldn't. I tried moving side to side. it seemed to work. I went to the trainer on the left and talked to her.
she said "come back. let's make another movie. it'll be a funny one, I promise." that seriously freaked me out.
then there was a fight. I saw the trainer sprite. I don't know how, but it looked exactly like my sister. the fight was easy, so I didn't have to switch pokemon.
the next fight was my best friend from elementary school. again, easy.
now I could move up. I proceeded this way, fighting my friends and my friends' friends and my sister's friends from back then. they would always tell me to 'turn back', but I did two stupid things:
1.think that what they meant was to leave this place, and
2.ignoring what I thought they were telling me to do.
they did get slightly harder as they went on, but I didn't really have any trouble until the last fight. it was with one of my sister's friends, the one who was now in art school in some other state. "just go back," she said, "things will be so much better." but I wanted to see this event through. I was doing pretty well, but she KO'd my first pokemon and I had to switch. that was when I noticed that fox was gone. how strange, I thought, I was sure I had brought him with me. I chose something else to switch to, and after a not at all long amount of time, I had won. "make the right choice," she said.

with the trainers defeated, I walked through the hallway for a few minutes. it didn't seem to end. that's it, I decided, I'm turning back.
someone said "so you will go back?"
I looked around. nobody was there. I went up the path again, hoping it would end soon.
"stop."
what the hell is going on, I thought.
"It's clear that you don't want to make the right choice."
I decided it was best if I turned off my ds and forgot all about this. I reached for the power button.
"wait." yes/no
I chose no.
"I'll come to you, then."
just then, something came in front of me in the hallway. at first I wasn't sure what the sprite was supposed to be, but then I realized: it was fox.
"just hear me out." yes/no
I chose no.
"this isn't fair. you can't leave me to rot in this hellhole." yes/no
I hesitated. the option went away.
"it used to be fun. I liked it back home. even when you stopped playing. but then you had to take me away. you took me to this boring place where I couldn't live. I just want to go back. is that too much to ask?" yes/no
it occurred to me that this wasn't just something I could go through for fun. I had to treat this seriously.
no.
"...I see."
"let's play a game."
my character followed the linoone uncontrollably until we reached a computer.
"go on."
I pressed A by the computer.
would you like to play THE EGG GAME? yes/no
oh, I thought, the egg game. my sister invented it. she used make a bunch of random eggs and mix them up and make someone take one, and they had to find out what they were keeping.
yes.
a box opened up that was full of eggs. I chose one.
ARE YOU SURE? yes/no
I chose yes. then it hatched. it hatched into something horrible. even by my standards, even by pokemon's standards, it was disgusting. it wasn't pokemon disgusting, it was just horrible, it was disfigured, and it looked miserable. I can't really further describe it.
"we seem to have a tie here. you beat the trainers, but lost the egg game. why don't we have a tiebreaker?" yes/no
no.
"you don't have any choice." yes/no
no.
"let me explain something to you. you know that I want to go back. back to ruby. but I know you, and you want to go back, too." yes/no
no.
"don't deny it, you would much rather go to that time than move on here. I know you." yes/no
no.
"then we have a problem."

there was a long pause, and then the game said 'Fox Used Ice Beam!'
the game froze, literally. the hallway was encrusted in ice.
"let's have that tiebreaker now."
a fight began. it was me vs. fox.
I brought out Metagross. fox used ice beam.
I used a fighting attack. fox fainted instantly.
"that was unfortunate. I'll give you one last chance. do you want to stay in this time or go back?" stay/go
stay.
"deep down you know you want to go." stay/go
stay.
"very well. I guess I can try no more."
and with that, fox disappeared. from the game, and from the memories and halls of fame of every game he was in.

I know people get nostalgic sometimes for when things were nicer. but when given the choice, for god's sake, don't go back. I guarantee you'll be very, very disappointed. also, if you hear the cry of a linoone, turn your game off. turn everything off, and run.

A Realm of Inexistence

-----

- A Realm of Inexistence -

“Come on…” I growled, as the ball in front of me twitched, almost mocking my tension and anxiety. Then, with a ding and a quick flash, it stopped twitching and I ran to pick it up.
“Yes!” I cheered. I looked at the top of the ball and pressed the circle on the front. A piece slid away underneath the top of the capsule and I stared breathlessly at the brand-new Pokémon I had just caught. A legitimate shiny Nidorino.
“My precious…” I said with a chuckle.
At that very moment, my Pokégear’s ringtone went off, the obscenely loud riff of Sonata Arctica’s “Full Moon” blaring out to all the bloody corners of the Kanto region, so it seemed. It was amazing how loud everything seemed to be when nature was being so quiet and peaceful. I answered the phone.
“Ryu, I’m glad you answered!” I recognized Professor Oak’s voice instantly.
“Hey, Professor, what’s up?” I asked.
“I know this is short notice, but I have a quick software upgrade for your Pokédex. Come to Saffron City right away so you can get it. I’ve called the rest of the Project to come as well.”
“Is it absolutely essential?” I asked. “Will the world come to an abrupt and fiery end if I don’t get it ASAP?”
“Well, no,” Oak said. “But it’s a communications module that will allow data to be sent directly from your Pokédex in the field straight to my lab for analysis. It will considerably speed up the process and means you won’t have to constantly trek back to a PC for hookup. And most of the team already has it, so you’re somewhat out of the loop.”
“Okay, I can be there.” I said, realizing just how good it was to be a small part of the Pokédex Project, the famous project Oak had embarked on, to collect data on all Pokémon in existence and use that information to seek further knowledge on these mysterious creatures we shared our world with.
“Great! It’ll be in conference room 142-B at the Silph headquarters. See you soon.” He said, hanging up immediately.
“Oh. Bye then…” I mumbled, laughing at his tendency to hang up before the conversation was over.
Wow, I was lucky. Dozens of trainers from all across Kanto and our neighbor region of Johto were all working on the Pokédex Project, and Professor Oak had designated me as the youth leader. An irksome task at times, but right now, I was overjoyed.
Then, my joy turned instantly into a sudden sinking feeling.
“Damn it,” I muttered, noticing that I was in the middle of a safari game in Fuchsia. I was having fun, and just as soon didn’t want to waste the 1,000 Poké I had spent. Money doesn’t go as far as it used to nowadays. So I ducked behind a tree counting the Pokéballs I had used to catch some of my new Pokémon in. Including my new favorite, my shiny Nidorino. Muahaha. Now you see why I didn’t want to leave so soon, eh? This beautiful sparkling majesty I tucked into my backpack, resolving that as soon as I was finished with this meeting, I would come back and finish this game. The buzzers they handed out were set on a time limit; I had paid 1,000 Poké for a full two-hour game as opposed to 500 for just half an hour, because it was obviously a better deal. I checked my time. I had about an hour and fifteen minutes left. Should be plenty of time, if I hurried. So, I pulled from my belt that Pokéball containing my gorgeous Pidgeot, to whom I whispered instructions to fly to Saffron as I strapped the tempered flight goggles around my head.
I felt guilty about technically stealing a Pokémon, but I had promised myself to come back as soon as possible, so it can’t have been that bad.

I touched down just a few minutes later in the shiny, ultra-modern Saffron City.
“Thanks, Pidgeot.” I said, storing him back in his Pokéball. I turned and entered the huge, gleaming headquarters of Silph Co., hoping that no one would comment on the dirt on my clothes from being in the Safari Zone. Oh well. A small price to pay for being a trainer.

As it turns out, this “quick software upgrade” took almost forty-five minutes and I was getting antsy that I was running out of time. And, being the youth president of the Pokédex Project, I had to sit around a few minutes longer to get further information from other team members. By the time I was done with this impromptu meeting, I had only about ten minutes left, if that. I walked as quickly as possible to the elevator and hit the button for the lobby, dancing anxiously once the doors closed. Of course, as Murphy’s law would have it, the elevator stopped three times on the way down to pick up businessmen and scientists, and of course, I heard the buzzer go off in my pocket as the elevator stalled in between floors. Yes, that’s right. This bloody thing stalled in between floors. This wouldn’t have been so bad, due to the fact that I just hit the alarm button to alert security or maintenance or whoever else was in charge of things like this, but then the lights began to flicker and an uneasy feeling started in my stomach. I wasn’t afraid of elevators or anything like that, but I was already a little jittery from being overdue.

Suddenly, the lights just cut out altogether and I swore. I fumbled blindly in my backpack for a flashlight, and turned it on. I shone it on the floor, and my heart leapt out of my chest when I saw my shiny Nidorino standing right in front of me. I laughed when I realized what it was. Strange, I didn’t remember taking him out of the Safari Ball, but it didn’t matter.
“Back in you go, bud.” I said, holding the flashlight in my teeth as I rummaged through the backpack with both hands looking for his Pokéball. I couldn’t find it, even after I dumped the entire contents onto the floor of the elevator. This was unusual. I had kept it in my bag the whole time.
You stole me.
I felt the color drain out of my face when I heard that voice. It was vaguely human, but it could not have been so. It was so deep and mysterious that no human could have it. I shone the flashlight on Nidorino and it just blinked at me. I was just paranoid and hearing things.
You STOLE me.
I couldn’t have been hearing things that time. But where was it coming from? I was alone in the elevator, save for my Nidorino. Unless…no. Impossible. Pokémon lacked the ability to form human speech, save for a few very rare select specimens. And even then, why would they say such a thing? Pokémon were happy to be the companions of humans. Weren’t they?

I let out a sigh of relief as I heard a slight ding! as the elevator started to move down and its lights zapped back on. Nidorino did not move. I still couldn’t find his Pokéball, but that hardly mattered. If anything, people would just think it was cool to see a trainer with a real shiny Pokémon walking by their side.
The elevator doors opened and I walked out calmly, whistling for Nidorino to follow. After taking just a few steps, I realized that he was still in the elevator. I turned around.
“C’mon, buddy,” I said. “It’s alright.” I assumed he was just a little nervous about the crowds of businessmen and trainers bustling about the lobby. But when I looked closer, I noticed that there was no fear in his eyes. In fact, there was nothing in his eyes. By that, I literally mean nothing. My heart skipped a beat when I saw that his eyes were merely empty sockets. And as though to confirm my horror, a trickle of blood ran down from where his right eye would have been. His body twitched. I couldn’t move, or make a sound. I was too afraid to even breathe. I expected the body of what had once been a great treasure of a Pokémon to keel over, dead. But no. Oh no. Of course it did not end there. It got worse. It always got worse. As though under a strobe light, his body moved forward, jerkily and in such a fashion that one would think this eyeless shell of what had once been alive crawled out of the darkest depths of the uncanny valley, and its feet did not even move. It inched closer. I turned and took all of half a step before I realized that the world, at that point, should not have been. What had once been a shimmering lobby of marble, oak, and a babbling fountain had been replaced by a hellish mass of what looked like bits and pieces of every imaginable wall and floor and edifice that had ever been built arranged into the vague forms of what were there before, twisted and warped beyond what the human mind could comprehend. I stared in sheer disbelief. My eyes watered from looking at these horrible convolutions of the mind. Even the water in the fountain should not have been; it had been replaced by what looked to be a sickly, greenish, flowing stream of numbers and letters, appearing as they would on a computer screen, visible pixel for pixel. I could not touch them, or hear them. In fact, all I could hear was the distorted, jarring shriek of a wall of noise that consisted merely of what appeared to be the garbled mess of pieces of sounds that I had heard before, all spliced together to form a horrific cacophony.
I whirled around to face my eyeless Nidorino, still slowly shambling towards me, almost robotically.
You stole me. It was Nidorino speaking after all, I realized.
“Why are you doing this to me?” I stuttered.
I have brought you here to punish you for your crime against Pokémon.
“Crime?” I asked. “What have I done?”
I have brought you here to contemplate that. You will realize it soon.
And with that, the body of the Pokémon I had one thought was an amazing find keeled over sideways, dead. I was too afraid to cry. I turned back around, warily walking, trying to make sense of this madness through cautious exploration. Things seemed to get even more broken and twisted the further I walked. The opening to a cave, the still-flowing eddy of a creek, a branch of a dead tree, all within a few inches of each other. I noticed that outside, it had begun to rain. I fearfully crept out of the shattered doors, and a raindrop hit my cheek, or rather, a minuscule bit of a pixilated ‘M hit my cheek, rolling off smoothly. I turned back towards the Silph HQ building. But there was nothing.

Nothing.

A wall of white, a white whiter than snow, stood before me where the entrance once was. I warily looked to my left and right. To my horror, the sidewalk to either side of me had also been replaced by this surface of pure white nothingness, as had the world behind me. I was trapped in a box of nothing. And there was no door.

What was this terrible place? I only wished to help the professor study Pokémon, and had to leave a prior engagement and break a couple of rules to do it. It shouldn’t have been a big deal.

But at that moment, that thunderous voice rang out in my mind, echoing, seemingly, upon the walls and floor of this box I was trapped in.
The laws of nature here were broken. Did you ever ask to capture us in capsules and put us into petty battles for your pleasure? How do you think it feels to unwillingly fight against your own kind? We are alive, and we feel. We feel.

I noticed that I was crying. I opened my Pokédex and looked at the entries of Pokémon I had captured; taken away from their homes and forced to fight. By me. I had done this. I hurled my Pokédex on the ground, smashing it to bits. I opened the Pokéballs at my belt, hoping to set my Pokémon free and leave this all behind. But they were already empty.
“I was wrong!” I yelled. “I realize what I’ve done! Can’t you let me go?”
No, the voice uttered. I can’t let you go. Because you can’t let me go. You can never let me go. I’m always going to be here.
It was my thoughts, speaking to me. And I couldn’t get away from my own thoughts, here in this impossible glitch of a city, this realm of inexistence, here where I was trapped forever.

Forever.

-----​

Phantom's right.

We do need some art, and there's only 9 more days to post.

I might extend the deadline for art if we don't have at least two entries for art.

Well, I won't procrastinate any longer. *Cracks Knucles* Ouch. Shouldn't do that.

Fame

As a trainer, I must say that I am impressed with myself. The Gym Leaders were nothing compared to me; the other trainers were insignificant specks of dust. They were all just little stepping stones on the way to my ultimate goal- The Pokemon League Hall of Fame. I slaved away for hours collecting my team, and passed up all the weak Pokemon in my way. A Rattata, in my eyes, was as worthless as a broken Pokeball. I only wanted strong ones, ones that would help me destroy the pathetic excuses for trainers called the Elite Four. Now, I know a lot of other people say that "Pokemon are your friends", or that "every Pokemon has it's worth", But frankly, it's all just a load of crap. A Magikarp will never help you with anything. Only the strong would settle for me. I collected pokemon left and right, and finally, when it was time, I picked out my team. a Dragonite, a Gallade, an Empoleon, a Rampardos, a Metagross and a Kanghaskahn. They all hated me, they all though I worked them too hard. But the fact remained: I had these pokemon, and they were unstoppable. I would win, and call my rightful place atop the Champion's Throne.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Metagross, pound her Umbreon into the ground with a Meteor Mash."

SMASH.

"Well done trainer. Strong Pokemon, Weak Pokemon, That's only the selfish perspective of people."

You're wrong about that, I thought. I would never have gotten this far by relying on a bunch of lowly birds and rats. Strong pokemon are the only way to win, all the others are worthless. Utterly worthless.

"Go on, the Champion is waiting."

I stepped into the golden room, seeing all of the glittering statues and swinging pendulums. Lance is standing on his pedestal, smiling a creepy little smile.

"I've been waiting for you, Adam."

"Let's get this over with..."I begin, but Lance cuts me off.

"No, you listen to me. I've been following you throughout your journey, and the way you treat your Pokemon disgusts me. The whole way that you see this world is deplorable. We will do this my way- A one-on-one Pokemon battle. If you win, you'll be into the Hall of Fame. If not... We'll see what happens."

Lance smiles evilly. "Go, Dragonite!"

I try to stay calm, but I feel a bit unnerved by the way things are going.

"Gallade, Let's do this."

"Thunderpunch, Dragonite!"

"Gallade, Use Stone Edge!"

I know it's over the second it begins. What Lance doesn't know is that I stole Rare Candies from a shop downtown, and my Gallade is at least ten times stronger. His blade grows dark, and he stabs the Dragonite in the stomach. The Pokemon collapses to the ground, bleeding heavily.

"no....NO! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!" Lance screams. I can see that he's crying.

"My Dragonite can't live throught this... this is a fatal wound. YOU KILLED HIM!!!"

Lance sobs for a few moments, and recalls his Dragonite. He sends it to the Pokemon Center, already knowing that it won't make it back alive.

"YOU. Come with me."

I walk over, and step inside the Hall of Fame room.

"You want your fame so bad, then take it. You'll go down in history as being my first victim."

He throws a black and yellow ball into the air, and a huge orange dragon with a flaming tail bursts out, blowing a stream of fire into the air. The temperature in the room skyrockets, and I can feel my hair being singed by the heat.

"THIS IS FOR MY DRAGONITE! CHARIZARD, BLAST BURN!"

I try to run, but the huge dragonout speeds me. I run to the doors, but they're locked. I then remember I'm a trainer, and I call out my Pokemon.

"They won't protect you." Lance laughs. "They agree with me in this.They hate you, and they'll be glad too see you die."

I turn to my Pokemon, and I see that he's right. They all have looks of scorn and hatred in their eyes, and none of them move a bit. My Gallade steps forward, and uses Protect on himself and the other Pokemon.

"CHARIZARD, KILL HIM!"

As I scream and the intense flames engulf my body, I regret everything I've done. The way I treated my Pokemon, the way I handled life, it was all wrong. All I wanted was to be a known name, a name that people whisper to others with a tone of admiration.

It seems fame was what I wanted, and fame was what I got.

But the price was my life.

Last edited:

Um, Phantom, I think I'm going to extend the due date, and hope some more art comes in. We currently only have one submission.

I'll edit this in to the first post:All Submissions in Art and Stories must be turned in by Tuesday, October 26th. From the 27th to the 30th, voting will commence. And all results are planned to be announced on Sunday, October 31st (A.K.A Halloween.)

If need be, I'll add a couple of days for voting.

There are two versions (or parts) of this story, representing two possible outcomes. I tried writing them as a single piece at first, but it ended up cluttered and weird, and I decided this format was a lot better. I guess you can think of it as one story with alternate endings. I intend for this to count as a single entry, since the two pieces are codependent for the full effect, but if the format presents an issue, please let me know and I'll try to make changes.

g a s t l y h a u n t e r g e n g a r

1st Poison

The fog is the first thing you'll see. And it might be the last.

Some people say it's a thick, purple fog. I dunno, mine looked like regular old winter fog, white and fluffy. I don't think it matters. But don't worry, you'll know when it's the fog. You'll just find out too late.

Even in the first few minutes, people will cough and sputter. Some people will start freaking out, say it's poisonous. Some won't do either of those things. The first thing you can do to prolong your life is stay far away from those freaks. Trust me.

After about three days, the fog will be gone. Yup, just like that. But it's left its mark. Remember those loonies you heard shouting about poison gases before? Now you might hear something interesting from them. If they're not already comatose, the pussies, find one. Ask him where the fog went. He'll probably tell you something cute like, "It evolved."

Now, you can still save yourself at this point. If you move, if you get far out of town before nightfall and never come back, you'll be just fine. You'll be on the run the rest of your life, though, because the fog will find you again. I don't know if you can survive if you choose not to run.

If you do decide to stay, just keep to the light. The light is safe, warm. Sunlight is great for you; unnatural lights will do. Never close your eyes for too long, and always have a light shining on your eyelids when you go to sleep. And whatever you do, don't look at the shadows.

Did you follow my advice? No? It's hard to do, isn't it? But the fact is, you're screwed now. It doesn't matter where you go anymore. If you looked into the darkness, the deepest, blackest darkness that can exist, just long enough, you felt it. Just for a second. It's easy, so easy, to think you imagined it. But it's no trick. They can see you now.

You'll start to feel chills. Horrible chills. They'll make you shiver instantly. And you'll get another feeling too. It's hard to describe, but it's kind of like a tugging sensation, only you're never sure which way you're being tugged. At night, the chill gets worse; if you look at your shadow, the tugging gets worse.

Eventually, you'll just feel both all the time. You might be swearing sweaters in the dead of summer and still feel like you're in a fridge, and you'll start to get aches from the other feeling. And at this point, if you look at your shadow, you might notice two red, angry-looking eyes. It's much rarer that you'll notice the big, fanged grin.

If you survive long enough, you'll notice the town getting quieter and quieter. People won't be out nearly as much. After a while, you might start to think they disappeared. The place is turning into a real ghost town, huh? ...Sorry, bad joke.

Anyway, there's one group of people you'll still see. Remember the freaks? The ones who had no reaction to the fog? They'll walk around like nothing's wrong. They absolutely will not notice people disappearing at all unless you straight-up tell them, and then they'll brush it off like it's nothing. Oh, and I've seen very few make it this far, but I think they'll start visiting you after a while. Visiting, then stalking, then chasing you. This is why you stay away... although it really doesn't matter now.

Finally, one night when you're asleep... Well, I guess you'll "wake up." I don't really know what else to call it. It's like being aware of yourself, but still in sleep mode. You won't be able to move or open your eyes. You're stuck, staring at complete blackness. That chill will be there, and the tugging will be so strong it'll feel like you're being ripped apart. Don't worry, it only lasts for a few seconds.

Then you'll see it, for the last time.

Red eyes. Fangs. The biggest, most unholy Cheshire smile you've ever laid eyes on.

2nd Poison

The fog is the first thing you'll see. And it's a sign of new beginnings.

Some people say it's a thick, purple fog. I dunno, mine looked like regular old winter fog, white and fluffy. I don't think it matters. But don't worry, you'll know when it's the fog when things start to get interesting.

Even in the first few minutes, people will cough and sputter. Some people will start freaking out, say it's poisonous. But you won't do either of those things. You'll just watch. If your humor's sick enough, you might laugh. Don't fight it. It's perfectly all right to laugh.

After about three days, the fog will be gone. Yup, just like that. But it's left its mark. Remember those loonies you heard shouting about poison gases before? Now you can't get near them. They'll run. They'll run or they'll try to kill you. The fun ones are the killers. Don't worry, they won't get you; you'll probably blank out when it happens, but you'll... defeat them.

Now, you could still turn back at this point, if you want. If you move, if you get far out of town before nightfall and never come back, everything will return to normal. I mean, unless the fog finds you again. There will be changes if you stay. Rest assured of that.

So let's assume you stayed, since you almost certainly did. If you liked the sun before, you'll hate it now. You'll want to be in dark places, very dark places, and in the cold as well. Whenever you are, you'll sort of feel like something's flowing into you from all directions. It feels... soothing. You'll like it. Don't worry, you're allowed to like it. And you'd best get used to it anyway.

As time goes on, there's an increasingly better chance of seeing something very interesting in the mirror. Your skin will be pale, with incredibly dark shadows; your eyes will look blood red; and you'll be smiling an unnatural smile, one that almost literally goes from ear to ear. You won't be able to get rid of it, no matter how you twist your face. No one else can see it yet, but they will.

Things will stay like that for a while. I don't know how long; I think it depends on the person. But if they stay that way long enough, you might notice the bodies. Bodies of your family, your neighbors. Anything human, anything close to you. Dead. Mutilated. Skin stripped off, bones poking through... No blood, though. Neat, huh?

By the way, you did that. Don't worry, you're not supposed to remember. Not yet. But take note; you don't feel a thing, do you? Did your mother and father turn up dead today? You probably didn't shed a tear. You might have felt good about it, laughed, even. It's setting in now.

Anyone who doesn't meet that grisly fate will avoid you. Or, if they're smart they will. Sorry, I told them to. I figured it was only fair. Don't worry, you'll get them eventually. Or another one like you will. Of course, you're all kind of the same thing now.

You'll know it's time when you wake up one morning and the sun's not out. No, no one messed with your clocks. I know you're still gonna check them, but it's worth a shot. What happened is, light doesn't exist anymore. Not for you. You might realize that as you look around and see all the lighter shades of things draining, giving way to blackness. And then, for the first time, you'll see. See the way you're meant to. In a totally empty void, you'll find a new world, a new life; you'll be able to walk, speak, hear, see, in ways you couldn't have fathomed before.

And you'll be hungry. Hungry for flesh.

You're one of us now, kid. Feels good, doesn't it?​

Last edited:

There are two versions (or parts) of this story, representing two possible outcomes. I tried writing them as a single piece at first, but it ended up cluttered and weird, and I decided this format was a lot better. I guess you can think of it as one story with alternate endings. I intend for this to count as a single entry, since the two pieces are codependent for the full effect, but if the format presents an issue, please let me know and I'll try to make changes.

g a s t l y h a u n t e r g e n g a r

1st Poison

The fog is the first thing you'll see. And it might be the last.

Some people say it's a thick, purple fog. I dunno, mine looked like regular old winter fog, white and fluffy. I don't think it matters. But don't worry, you'll know when it's the fog. You'll just find out too late.

Even in the first few minutes, people will cough and sputter. Some people will start freaking out, say it's poisonous. Some won't do either of those things. The first thing you can do to prolong your life is stay far away from those freaks. Trust me.

After about three days, the fog will be gone. Yup, just like that. But it's left its mark. Remember those loonies you heard shouting about poison gases before? Now you might hear something interesting from them. If they're not already comatose, the pussies, find one. Ask him where the fog went. He'll probably tell you something cute like, "It evolved."

Now, you can still save yourself at this point. If you move, if you get far out of town before nightfall and never come back, you'll be just fine. You'll be on the run the rest of your life, though, because the fog will find you again. I don't know if you can survive if you choose not to run.

If you do decide to stay, just keep to the light. The light is safe, warm. Sunlight is great for you; unnatural lights will do. Never close your eyes for too long, and always have a light shining on your eyelids when you go to sleep. And whatever you do, don't look at the shadows.

Did you follow my advice? No? It's hard to do, isn't it? But the fact is, you're screwed now. It doesn't matter where you go anymore. If you looked into the darkness, the deepest, blackest darkness that can exist, just long enough, you felt it. Just for a second. It's easy, so easy, to think you imagined it. But it's no trick. They can see you now.

You'll start to feel chills. Horrible chills. They'll make you shiver instantly. And you'll get another feeling too. It's hard to describe, but it's kind of like a tugging sensation, only you're never sure which way you're being tugged. At night, the chill gets worse; if you look at your shadow, the tugging gets worse.

Eventually, you'll just feel both all the time. You might be swearing sweaters in the dead of summer and still feel like you're in a fridge, and you'll start to get aches from the other feeling. And at this point, if you look at your shadow, you might notice two red, angry-looking eyes. It's much rarer that you'll notice the big, fanged grin.

If you survive long enough, you'll notice the town getting quieter and quieter. People won't be out nearly as much. After a while, you might start to think they disappeared. The place is turning into a real ghost town, huh? ...Sorry, bad joke.

Anyway, there's one group of people you'll still see. Remember the freaks? The ones who had no reaction to the fog? They'll walk around like nothing's wrong. They absolutely will not notice people disappearing at all unless you straight-up tell them, and then they'll brush it off like it's nothing. Oh, and I've seen very few make it this far, but I think they'll start visiting you after a while. Visiting, then stalking, then chasing you. This is why you stay away... although it really doesn't matter now.

Finally, one night when you're asleep... Well, I guess you'll "wake up." I don't really know what else to call it. It's like being aware of yourself, but still in sleep mode. You won't be able to move or open your eyes. You're stuck, staring at complete blackness. That chill will be there, and the tugging will be so strong it'll feel like you're being ripped apart. Don't worry, it only lasts for a few seconds.

Then you'll see it, for the last time.

Red eyes. Fangs. The biggest, most unholy Cheshire smile you've ever laid eyes on.

2nd Poison

The fog is the first thing you'll see. And it's a sign of new beginnings.

Some people say it's a thick, purple fog. I dunno, mine looked like regular old winter fog, white and fluffy. I don't think it matters. But don't worry, you'll know when it's the fog when things start to get interesting.

Even in the first few minutes, people will cough and sputter. Some people will start freaking out, say it's poisonous. But you won't do either of those things. You'll just watch. If your humor's sick enough, you might laugh. Don't fight it. It's perfectly all right to laugh.

After about three days, the fog will be gone. Yup, just like that. But it's left its mark. Remember those loonies you heard shouting about poison gases before? Now you can't get near them. They'll run. They'll run or they'll try to kill you. The fun ones are the killers. Don't worry, they won't get you; you'll probably blank out when it happens, but you'll... defeat them.

Now, you could still turn back at this point, if you want. If you move, if you get far out of town before nightfall and never come back, everything will return to normal. I mean, unless the fog finds you again. There will be changes if you stay. Rest assured of that.

So let's assume you stayed, since you almost certainly did. If you liked the sun before, you'll hate it now. You'll want to be in dark places, very dark places, and in the cold as well. Whenever you are, you'll sort of feel like something's flowing into you from all directions. It feels... soothing. You'll like it. Don't worry, you're allowed to like it. And you'd best get used to it anyway.

As time goes on, there's an increasingly better chance of seeing something very interesting in the mirror. Your skin will be pale, with incredibly dark shadows; your eyes will look blood red; and you'll be smiling an unnatural smile, one that almost literally goes from ear to ear. You won't be able to get rid of it, no matter how you twist your face. No one else can see it yet, but they will.

Things will stay like that for a while. I don't know how long; I think it depends on the person. But if they stay that way long enough, you might notice the bodies. Bodies of your family, your neighbors. Anything human, anything close to you. Dead. Mutilated. Skin stripped off, bones poking through... No blood, though. Neat, huh?

By the way, you did that. Don't worry, you're not supposed to remember. Not yet. But take note; you don't feel a thing, do you? Did your mother and father turn up dead today? You probably didn't shed a tear. You might have felt good about it, laughed, even. It's setting in now.

Anyone who doesn't meet that grisly fate will avoid you. Or, if they're smart they will. Sorry, I told them to. I figured it was only fair. Don't worry, you'll get them eventually. Or another one like you will. Of course, you're all kind of the same thing now.

You'll know it's time when you wake up one morning and the sun's not out. No, no one messed with your clocks. I know you're still gonna check them, but it's worth a shot. What happened is, light doesn't exist anymore. Not for you. You might realize that as you look around and see all the lighter shades of things draining, giving way to blackness. And then, for the first time, you'll see. See the way you're meant to. In a totally empty void, you'll find a new world, a new life; you'll be able to walk, speak, hear, see, in ways you couldn't have fathomed before.

And you'll be hungry. Hungry for flesh.

You're one of us now, kid. Feels good, doesn't it?​

...I want my mommy.

...I want my mommy.

Aww, I'm glad you liked it <3 ...Would you call it liking? I guess you were scared, and that's sorta the point.

Oh btw, for those who are interested: Inspiration har.

Gastly
Platinum: "Born from gases, anyone would faint if engulfed by its gaseous body, which contains poison."
SoulSilver "Its body is made of gas. Despite lacking substance, it can envelop an opponent of any size and cause suffocation."

Haunter
Platinum: "It likes to lurk in the dark and tap shoulders with a gaseous hand. Its touch causes endless shuddering."
HeartGold: "In total darkness, where nothing is visible, HAUNTER lurks, silently stalking its next victim."

Gengar
Diamond: "It hides in shadows. It is said that if GENGAR is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees F."
Platinum: "The leer that floats in darkness belongs to a GENGAR delighting in casting curses on people."
HeartGold: "It steals heat from its surroundings. If you feel a sudden chill, it is certain that a GENGAR appeared."
SoulSilver: "To steal the life of its target, it slips into the prey's shadow and silently waits for an opportunity."

I tried to tie them together as a progression of events.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom