• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rise of the OCs [INNOCENT WIN]

Re: Rise of the OCs

Again the players wake up to the sounds of morning animals. As the first person opens their eyes, they find themselves in a grassy field with a fence circling the plain. They also see that a sheep had been staring at them and eating their hair. Dragon of Fire was not amused in the least.

As they all get up and brush grass off of them, they look for the latest victim. It didn't take long for them to find the victim. Their head was beaten in by a blunt object, the look of utter shock on their face. In one hand, he holds a blue bandanna. One of the members in the group lets out a soft growl.

Brock is Dead. He was not Mafia
48 Hours to discuss.

So. That's 5 innocents and one Mafia down. Only a little bit more left...

Assuming a worst-case scenario (Tik is on our side and alien is activated), we have a 1/7 chance of killing off the Mafia, a 1/7 chance of getting Lee (who will probably kill off one of us as soon as we target them), 4/7 chance of killing off an innocent and 1/7 alien win. However, at best case (alien lynched off and Tik on their side), the odds change to a 2/7 Mafia kill, 4/7 innocent kill and 1/7 Lee. Not the best odds in the world, but with a lucky guess or two, the Innocents might just be able to save the day.

Hope this isn't too illogical, this is only my first time playing, and this is just a thought. Questions?

I agree with the odds-making. I don't think we can really afford to not lynch, though. There are, at most, five of us left, and, at the least, we're already outnumbered (assuming Kit is alive (regardless of activation), and Tik is on their side, gives 3 innocent, 3 Mafia, and 1 other).

However, in terms of Mafia members, we can't know that Lee is alive. I mean, presumably, if werefish5 was Lee, she would have blown someone up, but considering the heavy-handed accusations she was making, she might not have known/thought to do that. I know it's not likely, but I try to think of everything, no matter how unlikely. And, due to the singular death, Tem and Tsuki are probably still alive. (The reason I say "probably" is because it is remotely possible that one of them was killed by Mafia, and the other's revenge kill hit Kit or someone who was healed).

I hesitate to point fingers again (as I was wrong last time), but Worst Username Ever has posted all of twice, once as a "we don't know who to lynch" post, and once to bandwagon on Zora's lynch. I don't know if she qualifies as "inexperienced" or not, but this, to me, seems a bit fishy. If you have anything to say, please do.

It is a good idea to get rid of people who aren't contributing, but we should probably think about this more because this could be the last chance to lynch before the mafia before they outnumber the innocents (if Tik did in fact choose mafia). That being said, Worst Username Ever is a person to keep in mind if we don't come up with any evidence.

I should also mention that if anyone has evidence on whoever the mafia may be and you want to roleclaim, now may be the last time it will make a difference.

We are in bad shape. I'm pretty sure everyone agrees about that. I agree that the general bandwagon-y, I-will-post-so-I-look-active-ness of WUE is suspicious and should be looked into a bit, but I think that having a roleclaim from someone would be more helpful. Unfortunately, my role...isn't all that helpful. If it's necessary I'm fine with claiming, but it won't make much of a difference unless we're doing a mass roleclaim (though that would be interesting...)

Well, with 5 innocents killed and only 1 mafia, this does not look good. Also, we seem to have little evidence of anything.

Well... I guess the only thing I can do to help is roleclaim. I'm Kammu, and I've found out ole_schooler is Mafia. Whether this means Mafia or activated Alien I don't know, of course, but it's what I've got.

(heh, one of my first Mafia games and I'm already roleclaiming. I'm dead tonight, yay.)

Well, that's convinient. I make a post about you're lack of activity being suspicious, and all of a sudden you can't wait to claim that you're Kammu and "know" that I'm the Mafia. I don't think so.

I mean, I know you're lying, but I don't know why. Are you Mafia, trying to shield yourself by throwing suspicion on me? Are you activated alien, finally getting up and making claims because you've been activated? Are you some other innocent, doing a very poor job of trying not to get lynched? I can't tell, but I'm leaning towards the first option.

For those of you who care, I'm Tik. I chose the town's side, and I chose to use the Moon Catcher. I do know I'll be safe tonight, since last night was when I was letting it recharge. I know this is not the best claim to make (due to Tik's variable alignment and not-very-helpful powers), but unlike Worst Username Ever, mine is true.

D: Jeez. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure who to believe. ole_schooler got really hostile really fast, and conveniently is safe tonight...well, the being safe wouldn't matter, really, so you could easily be telling the truth...

My brain is exploding but I have to leave now. Uh. I'll wait for more info.

Usually claiming doctor should be believed, but WUE's general newbie-ness (no offense) sort of makes me wonder if it is a false claim...

Uh.

For those of you who care, I'm Tik. I chose the town's side, and I chose to use the Moon Catcher. I do know I'll be safe tonight, since last night was when I was letting it recharge. I know this is not the best claim to make (due to Tik's variable alignment and not-very-helpful powers), but unlike Worst Username Ever, mine is true.

The only problem with this claim is that if you are really Tik it would be extremely easy to claim to be on the towns side even if you chose mafia. At the same time if Tik chose mafia and you aren't really Tik, it would be easy for a mafia member to claim to be Tik to prove their innocence. Although I do have a healthy amount of skepticism for Worst Username Ever's claim, your claim is suspicious enough to make me consider the validity her claim.

Last edited:

The only problem with this claim is that if you are really Tik it would be extremely easy to claim to be on the towns side even if you chose mafia. At the same time if Tik chose mafia and you aren't really Tik, it would be easy for a mafia member to claim to be Tik to prove their innocence. Although I do have a healthy amount of skepticism for Worst Username Ever's claim, your claim is suspicious enough to make me consider the validity her claim.

Admittedly, yes. I did consider lying and saying I was some other innocent, but if that person is actually still around, they'd protest, and I'd probably get lynched regardless.

I appologize for the vitriol of my last post, I just don't want to be lynched.

I invited you to consider this, though: Worst Username Ever has claimed that I'm Mafia. Why, then, have they not voted? They do make claims that I could be an activated Tik, but, with a death every night, is that what they're really worried about? It's kind of strange. Kind of a newbie move. Fits the profile.

I... forgot to vote? Thought I did, but oh well. I vote ole_schooler.

(And you're right, I'm a newbie to mafia. I've only played one mafia game before this forum hack, and died on the first night or so so there wasn't much for me to discuss.)

And, unsurprisingly, I will vote Worst Username Ever. It's a remote possibility that they're an alien, but, frankly, I don't want to die.

Admittedly, yes. I did consider lying and saying I was some other innocent, but if that person is actually still around, they'd protest, and I'd probably get lynched regardless.

I wasn't saying that you were lying about your role, I'm saying that it would be extremely easy to lie about your alignment. And if you are lying about your role it is likely that you are mafia and the real Tik is mafia aligned. In that situation the real Tik wouldn't have any problem with you claiming their role.

AT the same time if we lynch you we could find out if Worst Username Ever is telling the truth about her role. If you are Tik you would likely show up as innocent after being killed or by being investigated by Kammu. If you turn up innocent then we will know Worst Username Ever is very likely mafia. I'm voting ole_schooler.

Voting ole_schooler. Assuming that both of them are telling the truth, WUE is probably more important.

I second ole_schooler's nomination, as I highly expect that WUE is lying and is the alien or one of the pair.

At the end of the day, the vote came down to two people. Both claim to be innocent, trying to call fault to the other. But it became clear who was chosen to be killed this day. ole_schooler snarls under her breath, backing away from the horde. The group look around for the usual rift to appear before them, to deal out the death for the day. It wasn't until Dragon of Fire looked up at the sky did they find the rift. From the rift, a single man floated out, large bug-like wings and pair of antenna on bright red head. He lands on the field and glances around, wearing nothing more than a kilt and pouch on his hip. He reaches down and lifts the kilt a bit on his left side, drawing out a dagger from the leg holster. He turns to the accused and lunges at her, slitting her throat. He then lifts her body into his arms and watches the rift slide down to his side, tossing the body into it.

He then turns to you and smiles sadly.

"You've found one...but I;m afraid its not over yet. There is still a traitor among you lads and lass."

ole_schooler is dead, She was Mafia.
24 hours for Night actions.

An't I horrible?

The morning dawns once more, the sound of water is what causes most of the remaining people left to wake up. They look around at the the place they've been taken to in the night, finding it to be a cave behind a waterfall. After a few moments to clear their heads, they starts to look for the latest victim...only to hear Worst Username Ever yip and crawl away from the dizembowelled body that was laying next to them. the body looks to have been savagely torn apart by claws and fangs, a bit of the ground around his body. Someone seemed to have no been pleased with him. In his hand is the remains of sketchbook and pen.

The next thing that surprised the group was a rift opening up infront of them, a tall brown haired girl with a blue line under her right eye and a flicking black panther tail behind her. She folds her arms and looks down at the body, then back at them.

"Congrads. You did it sooner than I would have expected."

rock-ground is dead, he was the last Mafia.
Innocents Win.

Hi, everyone, I was Ryan the doctor!

(@RTB: In this circumstance, I think you picking me as your lover was a good idea, but then they killed me D:)

Back
Top Bottom