• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Scyther Slash style

Looks decent.

[sticks with Minimal Dewgong] Butterfreeeeee I want something minimalist without forcing you to edit half the templaaaaates~~

OH THANK GOD! Now I can stop using Minimal Dewgong :D

Did you draw that Scyther yourself for the style? I just can't get over how awesome it looks! :D

Ah, this is a pretty nice style, however it has too many block colours for me; I prefer some sort of gradient... nevertheless, it's very nice.

On the topic of which style I'm most anticipating... I'd say Articuno Snowflake or Voice of the Forest.

It's a nice style, but unless you make a Scizor style(please?), I'm probably gonna stick with Roar of Time style. (I know that there most likely won't be a Scizor style:sad: .Oh well.)

Wow, I've been waiting for a lighter style which wasn't Minimal Dewgong(too light) for...AGES. Since the forums have been back in action but Roar of Time has been out for quite a while and I really like Scyther Slash it's just I can't get used to it after hours after hours of looking at Roar of Time. And most people's avatar's seem to look better in Roar of Time. Or maybe it's just me.

I can't get rid of the familiarity of the glowing text and the feeling that my signature's banner doesn't really stand out that much from the black background...I'm used to my avatar being light against dark but then in Scyther Slash it's dark-light against light...and if I do use Scyther Slash it doesn't have that 'TCoD' feel if you know what I mean...

Roar of Time has become so familiar to me it's like GSC and the pain of changing...letting GSC go and the battery to die...

Last edited:
Eh, I felt that way too at first. I got used to it after a day, though, and now I can't see myself using anything else.

But I still think my iKnight banner looked better on a black backround. DX Oh well, I'm using this.

It's a nice style, but unless you make a Scizor style(please?), I'm probably gonna stick with Roar of Time style. (I know that there most likely won't be a Scizor style:sad: .Oh well.)

Do you want any sort of red style? I can't see it being too aesthetically pleasing unless the red was made really light, and then it wouldn't be much of a Scizor style anyway. :/

I can't see it being too aesthetically pleasing unless the red was made really light, and then it wouldn't be much of a Scizor style anyway. :/

Well, Torkoal style is sort of light-reddish...

Besides, if we have Torkoal style, why bother making a Scizor style?

I agree; however I suppose if the difference in shade and general style was different enough to Torkoal style, it could work... just as how there is Voice of the Forest and Scyther Slash. However, I personally don't think a Scizor style would be of any use, not to mention I doubt there'd ever be multiple styles whose themes are based on one evolutionary line.

I have finally created a forum version of the main site's Scyther Slash style. You can switch to it here.

It is also implemented into the style synchronizer, meaning if you are using Scyther Slash style on the main site, your forum style should by default become the forum Scyther Slash style.

I also upgraded to vBulletin 3.8.2 earlier.

YAY! Scyther Slash is my favorite style!

Back
Top Bottom