• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

'Shipping Fan Club~

...that is such a pretty Zuko/Katara pic, and I don't even like the pairing (platonic Zutara ftw y/n?). Pretty pictures all around, really, but especially that one... <3

God, I know, it's so hard to find anything visually good with Buffy and Spike. Or Phoenix and Miles, actually; I searched so long for that one...

Random 'shipping question because I find these things interesting for some bizarre reason! You know how sometimes, people will 'ship A/B, and because of that refuse to 'ship A/anyone but B or B/anyone but A, or even actively dislike those pairings for no other reason? And worse, of course, is when A/B 'shippers hate C for being 'shipped with A or B, but I'm pretty sure we're all more mature than that last one, so.

Just wondering: does anyone do any of the above? For some reason, I never worry about any of my 'ships intersecting; heck, I think it's fairly common knowledge that I 'ship Zelos from Tales of Symphonia with everyone and their father. xD So yeah, I've never run into that, but I'm interested to hear about other people.

also I am way too into Code Geass so have that old meme filled out once again

One True Pairing Ship: Lelouch/Euphemia
Canon Ship: Suzaku/Euphemia
"If this happens, I will stab my eyes out with a spork" Ship: Schneizel/Lelouch
"You're one sick bastard" Ship: Rolo/Nunnally
"I dabble a bit" Ships: Lelouch/Shirley, Xingke/Tianzi
"It's like a car crash, but I can't look away" Ship: Lelouch/Rolo
"Tickles my fancy but not sold quite yet" Ship: Lelouch/C.C., Suzaku/Gino
"Makes no canon sense but why the hell not" Ship: Suzaku/Kallen
"Everyone else loves it but I just don't feel it" Ship: Lelouch/Suzaku
"When all is said and done" Ship: Kallen/Lelouch

...are you noticing that one character pops up in almost all of these 'ships? gdit lulu, stop having so many love interests.

There are so many amazing Zutara pictures around. One thing that I really love the Avatar fandom for is the art part of the fandom, the show seems to have attracted amazing artists. It tends to have really good fic as well. Quick question to anyone: are there any fandoms you're into that turn you off because of something?

For example, I adore the Zutara fandom, but the shipping wars drive me just a little bit insane. I'm a very firm Zutara shipper, and saw next to no chemistry between Aang and Katara throughout the entire series. But that's my personal opinion, which is something some people do not seem to get. -_- The Zutarians are just as insane as the Kataangers; they tend to be more intelligent (generally. From what I've seen), but can be downright pretentious when it comes to their ship. Some genuinely believe that one day, the creators will announce that it was canon all along and Kataang was just some elaborate ruse. Seriously. Being non-canon doesn't make a ship invalid, I though they would be aware of this...

To answer your question, Salamander... hmm. I'm not really sure. I tend to latch very firmly onto an OTP for some fandoms and just don't ship much else, that's for sure. The only reason I dislike opposing ships is because I genuinely don't think the ship is interesting or good (take Avatar again, for example: I ship Zutara quite a lot, and Kataang not at all. But I can still ship the characters; I adore Zuko/Aang.

That doesn't happen much, though. I tend to have to look at them in alternative universes: a world where Zuko/Aang makes more sense and a world where Zuko/Katara makes more sense. Ehh. I'm a bit of an OTP person. X3

Ahhh I must do one for some fandoms I've got into lately!

Persona 3:
One True Pairing Ship: Minako/Hidetoshi and Minako/Akinari. Yes, two of the most obscure and unpopular ships in the entire fandom. It's a tough life. I do like a bit of Shinjiro/Akihiko though, so that kind of evens it out.
Canon Ship: Minako/Aigis? Kind of canon even though she's a robot?
"If this happens, I will stab my eyes out with a spork" Ship: Akihiko/Ken. I find this really creepy for some reason.
"You're one sick bastard" Ship: Takaya/Chidori, or Takaya/Ken, bwahhh
"I dabble a bit" Ships: Minako/Akihiko, Jin/Fuuka, Fuuka/Natsuki
"It's like a car crash, but I can't look away" Ship: Minako/Tanaka, it's horribly glorious and I don't know why...
"Tickles my fancy but not sold quite yet" Ship: Mitsuru/Yukari
"Makes no canon sense but why the hell not" Ship: Uhh... Natsuki/Aigis? D'aww. Wait I just realised they have the same voice actress, that's just disturbing.
"Everyone else loves it but I just don't feel it" Ship: Mitsuru/Yukari, can't see why it's the most popular yuri ship...
"When all is said and done" Ship: Minako/Aigis

Aaaaand Avatar, not sure if I've done it before but I'm sure my feelings will have changed:

One True Pairing Ship: Zuko/Katara <3
Canon Ship: Sokka/Suki <3
"If this happens, I will stab my eyes out with a spork" Ship: ...can I say Aang/Katara?
"You're one sick bastard" Ship: Pretty much anyone old and evil with anyone young and innocent. There are a lot of these two extremes. Oh and Zuko/Azula, yeesh.
"I dabble a bit" Ships: Aang/Toph, Sokka/Toph, Zuko/Sokka, a bajillion others
"It's like a car crash, but I can't look away" Ship: I will not say Zuko/Azula I will not say Zuko/Azula I REFUSE TO LIKE THIS SHIP >_>;
"Tickles my fancy but not sold quite yet" Ship: Zuko/Toph
"Makes no canon sense but why the hell not" Ship: Cabbage Man/Frothy Guy, d'awww comedy-relief-weirdo-shipping.
"Everyone else loves it but I just don't feel it" Ship: Aang/Katara
"When all is said and done" Ship: Sokka/Suki

Avatar has so many shipping potentials <3 This is kind of the issue I had with Buffy, where for some reason I saw hardly any chemistry or anything of interest between anyone. Angel, on the other hand was a different story... *ships almost everyone with eachother there... apart from Cordelia, she sucks*

I'm tempted to do one of these memes for Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series which I've recently got into... even though it's a complete comedy spoof, an abridged version of an actual show, and the characters are basically there to have the piss taken out of them constantly. And yet... there is so. much. shipping potential... I feel so weird for shipping Abridged characters. *cough* Florence/Marik is my OTP for life *cough* Then again, the characters are probably so different from the original Yu-Gi-Oh (which, additionally, I haven't even seen and know next to nothing about) that it might make sense...

See, I'm the opposite of Cirrus; I don't ship anyone in Avatar with anybody. Suki/Sokka's quite sweet, I suppose, but I don't take shipping in Avatar at all seriously, and the fandom (which I've pretty much only seen via fandomsecrets) seems terrifying.

Also, the characters are pretty much all aged between 11 and 16, so I'd feel really creepy shipping them, anyways. I think I've always preferred shipping older characters, actually; Azumanga Daioh, for example, has loads of shippable characters, but the only one I really enjoy is Yukari/Nyamo, because they're both adults. When I read Wicked fic, I'd always prefer stuff set in Act 2 (when they're adults) than Act 1 (when they're at school), and I've always sort of disliked high-school fic, but especially love anything that takes younger characters (like Willow and Tara) and sets it in and AU when they're older.
I think it's partly because I feel, as I said, a bit creepy shipping characters who aren't even legal, but also because having older characters, I think, adds an extra dimension of seriousness to a fic. Call me cynical, but I find it hard to believe that two people who get together aged 14 will be together in one year, let alone ~*true love forever~*. Don't get me wrong, pairings with younger characters can be cute, but for a realistic depiction of relationships and how they work, characters need to be old enough to make adult decisions.

You know what pairing I adore beyond all reason right now? Sherlock/John (from the new BBC adaptation of Sherlock). I LOVE THEM. And they're practically canon and oh, the BBC is a legend.

See, I'm the opposite of Cirrus; I don't ship anyone in Avatar with anybody. Suki/Sokka's quite sweet, I suppose, but I don't take shipping in Avatar at all seriously, and the fandom (which I've pretty much only seen via fandomsecrets) seems terrifying.

Also, the characters are pretty much all aged between 11 and 16, so I'd feel really creepy shipping them, anyways. I think I've always preferred shipping older characters, actually; Azumanga Daioh, for example, has loads of shippable characters, but the only one I really enjoy is Yukari/Nyamo, because they're both adults. When I read Wicked fic, I'd always prefer stuff set in Act 2 (when they're adults) than Act 1 (when they're at school), and I've always sort of disliked high-school fic, but especially love anything that takes younger characters (like Willow and Tara) and sets it in and AU when they're older.
I think it's partly because I feel, as I said, a bit creepy shipping characters who aren't even legal, but also because having older characters, I think, adds an extra dimension of seriousness to a fic. Call me cynical, but I find it hard to believe that two people who get together aged 14 will be together in one year, let alone ~*true love forever~*. Don't get me wrong, pairings with younger characters can be cute, but for a realistic depiction of relationships and how they work, characters need to be old enough to make adult decisions.

You know what pairing I adore beyond all reason right now? Sherlock/John (from the new BBC adaptation of Sherlock). I LOVE THEM. And they're practically canon and oh, the BBC is a legend.

I can understand this - I don't really ship Aang with anyone seriously because he's twelve, my shipping really starts with Katara and the other older characters. I think it might have to do with our ages - I can relate much more to teenage characters and see shipping potential between them more (older ones, anyway).

The thing with adult character ships is that a good part of the good fic written for them will involve sex because that's apparently just how all adult relationships roll. I would prefer to write fluffy fic about teenagers than mature fic about adults (mature not meaning sex, just... an actual proper realistic relationship) because I have no idea how to write that. I'm sure when I'm in my twenties I won't really ship Avatar characters with their original ages.

That's probably why I can't really ship much in Buffy. That and there's not many characters in Buffy (sorry :P) that really interest me all that much gahhh I feel like such a bad Buffy fan.

As for characters being old enough to make adult decisions, and for it to be an actual realistic depiction... I tend to imagine the Avatar characters somewhat aged up in mind. They were depicted as mostly very mature in the show, so I can imagine them being able to be in relationships. Ehh, I don't know. I definitely feel a bit uncomfortable imagining myself shipping Aang or Toph particularly seriously if not aged up - another reason why I really don't like Kataang at all. Most of the Kataang fandom seems to truly believe that Kataang is ~*~true loooove~*~ and I'm just sitting there thinking... yeah, no. It's even worse that the creators kind of made this seem how the ship was supposed to be interpreted, which is just downright weird.

Anyway, I can ship Sherlock/John and do so with great earnest! No matter what the Moff says, I just know they make great pains to make it as slashy as is humanly possible. I was just waiting for a slashy moment in the second episode, and then Sherlock pushed John's coat back on for him and pushed him out the door and I was just like ahhhhh. :'D

The thing with what little I've seen of the Avatar fandom in regards to Kataang shipping is that most people who disagree with it do so on the grounds of "He's so young!" and yet, with any Toph ships (the most popular of which I believe is Sokka/Toph), the age difference is exactly the same, but nobody raises an age-related objection. The double standard of "it's okay for a man to date a younger woman, but not the other way around" is fairly common in fandom (I think. I, uh, don't follow a lot of het ><), and it's pretty annoying.
(I'm not saying you follow the double-standard, just that fandom - and, well, pretty much the media in general - does.)

I dunno; I don't think that fic for ships about older characters will nessesarily have more (or any!) sex, but I agree with you about teenage relationships being a lot simpler and thus easier to read/write. Actually, I think that's part of my beef with teenage!ships - writers often make it the most dramatic thing evar and I just sort of want everyone to get over themselves. It's not that big a deal. Of course, overly dramatic adult!ships aren't fun to read, either, so.

Re: Buffy - while I ship the hell out of.. well, actually, my only OTP in Buffy is Willow/Tara, I utterly adore reading gen!fic for it. The characters have such great interactions onscreen (Joss developed his "put any two characters in a room together and have them make conversation" in Buffy and his use of it was wonderfully done in Firefly), that, as long as it's well-written, I'll happily read non-shippy fic about just about anyone.

Haha, of course they make it shippy on purpose! As my current desktop wallpaper says (yes I am too cool):

John: Do you have a girlfriend, then?
Sherlock: Girlfriend? No. Not really my area.
John: Oh right. Do you have a boyfriend? Which is fine, by the way.
Sherlock: I know it's fine.
John: So you've got a boyfriend?
Sherlock: No.

Eeee <3 The second episode wasn't quite as in-your-face shippy, but I think my favourite moment was the Sherlock/John Memory Recall Slow Dance(tm).
I have massive hopes for the third episode - it's being written by Mark Gatiss, who plays Mycroft and is gay himself.

Also, this place is fantastic :D

I can't ship any of the main characters in AtLA. THEY'RE KIDS. Well, Zuko's older, but he's a derp.

Unrelatedly, does anyone ship anyone in pokémon? I am sort of curious about fic involving official characters. IN PARTICULAR Flint/Volkner or Morty/Eusine or something similarly derptastic. ... Or any of the PokeSpe protagonists.

Volkner/Roark is popular, for some bizarre reason! ... I know that much :D

...that is a lot of discussion. \o/

Um, so. On the subject of AtLA, I'm not a big 'shipper at all. Well, unless it comes to crack. You can get me to 'ship Sokka/Mai in an instant, but other than that I'm just kind of "okay Sokka/Suki is cute I guess and 'shipping exists whatever" about the whole thing. xD;

It's true that kid relationships don't seem as serious to me as older people's, but that's not a big issue with me. Some things just click as 'shippy for me and some... don't. It's like some things make me wanna write fanfic, and some don't. I really don't know why it is.

@Cirrus's P3 stuff: So, you're a bigger fan of Minako than Minato? Though I don't differentiate much (I 'ship both genders with Ryoji, haha), I'm just way more used to the blue-haired kid with emo bangs. He's fun~ And I do greatly prefer Minato/Aigis (askjfld;fds so cute and sad <333) to Minako/Aigis, but eh.

...Fuuka/Jin, that is brilliant. Why didn't I think of that.

What's Hidetoshi's social link like in the later stages? I never finished it; I'm guessing he's an interesting character? Mina(t/k)o/Akinari is amazing though, ohmygod. I adored his S. Link so, so much...

As for Yukari/Mitsuru, I always thought they were just 'shipped for being the two most prominent female characters at first, but then I got up to the scene on the school trip where they have that long talk, and some other scenes, and... just, I don't know. It would be nowhere near a perfect relationship, but they just seem to connect so well in my mind. (They also get some amazingly 'shippy lines, but that's beside the point. Well, beside the main point anyway.)

Re: Pokemon 'shipping -- funny you should ask, because I just recently got really, really into that fandom. I need to read PokeSpe (I've gotten, like, nowhere in it and it seems really good), but I do 'ship some very derpy gameverse stuff? Like, uh... Gold/Silver/Lyra! Or really any combination of them. It is cute and amusing and Silver is an ultimate tsundere and have I mentioned I adore Silver. Aaalso, for some bizarre reason Morty/Falkner (I DON'T KNOW OKAY?) and possibly Morty/Eusine like you mentioned, still on the fence about whether it's a bromance or a romance. Iiiiii don't know any of the D/P people, but I love the Johto people in particular, so.

...I am just thinking about this for the first time and Jasmine/Whitney would be the ditziest thing ever. I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not... Um, anyway. Yeah. G/S/L and Falkner/Morty would be my thing. Whoo.

I CAVED AND GOT A SHERLOCK AVVIE. It's not obviously shippy, but... they live together? I dunno. It makes me happy.

Sokka/Mai is interesting. I read a ship manifesto for Azula/Ty Lee and now sort of ship that, though not with any seriousness. Speaking of ship manifestos, has anyone posted a link to here yet? Some of those manifestos are the most fun to read :D

I don't think I ship anyone in Pokemon, though the fandom amuses me greatly. I enjoy the pairing names very much, too, they're as fun as the Harry Potter ship!names and so much better than the nameshmushes.

The thing with what little I've seen of the Avatar fandom in regards to Kataang shipping is that most people who disagree with it do so on the grounds of "He's so young!" and yet, with any Toph ships (the most popular of which I believe is Sokka/Toph), the age difference is exactly the same, but nobody raises an age-related objection. The double standard of "it's okay for a man to date a younger woman, but not the other way around" is fairly common in fandom (I think. I, uh, don't follow a lot of het ><), and it's pretty annoying.
(I'm not saying you follow the double-standard, just that fandom - and, well, pretty much the media in general - does.)

That's very true. I dislike Aang/Katara for other reasons mainly (they're brilliant friends, but I just don't see any romantic compatibility between them at all) but there is the aspect of age that turns me off. However, it's less about age difference and more that Aang really is a lot more childlike than the other characters. I can barely ship him whatsoever because of that - he's very mature in some aspects, though, of course.

I still ship Aang/Toph, though, but I think that's because romantically they seem much more compatible. I still can't ship Aang too seriously, but I can see these together in a fluffy sort of relationship and in the future perhaps.

But yeah, that is a particularly annoying double standard. :/

I dunno; I don't think that fic for ships about older characters will nessesarily have more (or any!) sex, but I agree with you about teenage relationships being a lot simpler and thus easier to read/write. Actually, I think that's part of my beef with teenage!ships - writers often make it the most dramatic thing evar and I just sort of want everyone to get over themselves. It's not that big a deal. Of course, overly dramatic adult!ships aren't fun to read, either, so.

I like teenage relationships a lot in shows where teenage characters have to grow up very fast, I don't think they have to be necessarily simpler there (but then again, fictional relationships are often very different from real-life relationships).

To be fair, I think a lot of the time teenage ships are written with characters just like that, in a different environment from actual human life, so I can at least understand a little bit when 16 year-olds in fiction find their "one true loves" or whatever. It is irritating when they're treated as overly dramatic, but if it's all a lot more dramatic in-universe than real life then I get it.

...sorry if that made no sense >_>

Re: Buffy - while I ship the hell out of.. well, actually, my only OTP in Buffy is Willow/Tara, I utterly adore reading gen!fic for it. The characters have such great interactions onscreen (Joss developed his "put any two characters in a room together and have them make conversation" in Buffy and his use of it was wonderfully done in Firefly), that, as long as it's well-written, I'll happily read non-shippy fic about just about anyone.

95% of the Buffy fic I read is gen for this very reason, haha (I'm starting to appreciate Willow/Tara a bit, by the way! I don't quite ship it seriously, but it's one of the only ships I'll actually ever read fic for).

Eeee <3 The second episode wasn't quite as in-your-face shippy, but I think my favourite moment was the Sherlock/John Memory Recall Slow Dance(tm).
I have massive hopes for the third episode - it's being written by Mark Gatiss, who plays Mycroft and is gay himself.

Also, this place is fantastic :D

Oh my god, the Sherlock/John Memory Recall Slow Dance(tm)! :'D That was such a great moment.
And the third episode is on tomorrow ahhhhhhhh this thought has occurred to me about ten times today, in that exact form (I feel very sorry for you not getting to watch it tomorrow ;~;)

@Cirrus's P3 stuff: So, you're a bigger fan of Minako than Minato? Though I don't differentiate much (I 'ship both genders with Ryoji, haha), I'm just way more used to the blue-haired kid with emo bangs. He's fun~ And I do greatly prefer Minato/Aigis (askjfld;fds so cute and sad <333) to Minako/Aigis, but eh.

...Fuuka/Jin, that is brilliant. Why didn't I think of that.

What's Hidetoshi's social link like in the later stages? I never finished it; I'm guessing he's an interesting character? Mina(t/k)o/Akinari is amazing though, ohmygod. I adored his S. Link so, so much...

As for Yukari/Mitsuru, I always thought they were just 'shipped for being the two most prominent female characters at first, but then I got up to the scene on the school trip where they have that long talk, and some other scenes, and... just, I don't know. It would be nowhere near a perfect relationship, but they just seem to connect so well in my mind. (They also get some amazingly 'shippy lines, but that's beside the point. Well, beside the main point anyway.)

I actually don't really prefer Minako, I haven't even played P3P. XD There's just been an absolutely enormous rush of Minako/Shinjiro in general within the fandom since P3P came out (probably because of the massive amount of canon evidence and their Social Link) so I've been reading a lot of fic for it.

Yeah, Hidetoshi is a pretty interesting guy. It kind of depresses me finishing Social Links because I know there'll be no more of that character for the rest of the game - it's a great shame because sometimes they're a lot more interesting than actual main characters and I want to know more! There was basically this hilarious dramatic subplot (that wasn't really supposed to be hilarious) where Hidetoshi found a cigarette butt and spent ages trying to catch the culprit and have him punished. At the end he talked about wanting to overturn the school, and political system, and then told Minato he wanted to become a teacher to help the people of the future. :'D It was so sweet! And... had a surprising amount of subtext.

Minato/Akinari is so heartwrenching. It was even worse because I was doing it at the end of the game, which just makes it so much sadder because of... well, you know.
Akinari's talking about how much he fears dying and doesn't want to go and how it's not fair that it's just him, and the player knows that Nyx is coming and will probably kill EVERYONE, and much sooner than Akinari thinks. And he's wasting his last month on earth because of it! ;~; Just... gahh.

Yukari/Mitsuru would be interesting, and admittedly there is a *lot* of canon evidence for it. I do wish I shipped it a lot, there's just so much fic for it! Hmm, maybe in a second playthrough my opinion would change...

Also, *is watching Yu-Gi-Oh!* Now that I've seen all of Abridged and adored it, I realised the show behind the parody actually really interested me. Anyone else seen it here? ISN'T IT DELIGHTFULLY CHEESY AND AMAZING AND SHIPPY? :D

Sokka/Mai is interesting. I read a ship manifesto for Azula/Ty Lee and now sort of ship that, though not with any seriousness. Speaking of ship manifestos, has anyone posted a link to here yet? Some of those manifestos are the most fun to read :D

I don't think I ship anyone in Pokemon, though the fandom amuses me greatly. I enjoy the pairing names very much, too, they're as fun as the Harry Potter ship!names and so much better than the nameshmushes.

Aaaaaaah I'm doing a 'ship manifesto myself, actually; have you seen the Zelos/Kratos one? It's the only Symphonia one, but it's amazingly well-written (...and really, really long o.o). I'm working on one for Ayara/Jasper from Exit Fate that side character/that minor character from that game no one's played... actually, I think I need to get an extension. Derp.

Namesmushes are horrible, oh my god D: I am utterly baffled by the Pokemon 'shipping names, personally; some of them make sense ("SoulsilverShipping" = "Soul" and Silver, "SacredShipping" = two people in search of legendaries), but some of them... don't (why is Falkner/Morty "HonorShipping"? Why is gameverse Gold/Silver "HunterShipping"? o.o) I DON'T GET IT AAAAAH

I like teenage relationships a lot in shows where teenage characters have to grow up very fast, I don't think they have to be necessarily simpler there (but then again, fictional relationships are often very different from real-life relationships).

To be fair, I think a lot of the time teenage ships are written with characters just like that, in a different environment from actual human life, so I can at least understand a little bit when 16 year-olds in fiction find their "one true loves" or whatever. It is irritating when they're treated as overly dramatic, but if it's all a lot more dramatic in-universe than real life then I get it.

...sorry if that made no sense >_>

I agree on that; I love when teenagers have to grow up. (Or when mentally seven years old people have to grow up... okay, not expanding on that, that's a bit spoilerish, sorry.) For non-spoilerish things, I adore Raine from Tales of Symphonia for this exact reason (as much as it sucks for her), and also Ed Elric from from Fullmetal Alchemist for being portrayed quite realistically as an initially twelve-year-old kid in an adult world.

I think that generally made sense; I don't really like things that are pure romance, generally, so I'd shy away from all that teenage true love stuff, but it's really whether it's in keeping with the universe, not whether it fits reality. Well, most of the time.

I actually don't really prefer Minako, I haven't even played P3P. XD There's just been an absolutely enormous rush of Minako/Shinjiro in general within the fandom since P3P came out (probably because of the massive amount of canon evidence and their Social Link) so I've been reading a lot of fic for it.

Yeah, Hidetoshi is a pretty interesting guy. It kind of depresses me finishing Social Links because I know there'll be no more of that character for the rest of the game - it's a great shame because sometimes they're a lot more interesting than actual main characters and I want to know more! There was basically this hilarious dramatic subplot (that wasn't really supposed to be hilarious) where Hidetoshi found a cigarette butt and spent ages trying to catch the culprit and have him punished. At the end he talked about wanting to overturn the school, and political system, and then told Minato he wanted to become a teacher to help the people of the future. :'D It was so sweet! And... had a surprising amount of subtext.

Minato/Akinari is so heartwrenching. It was even worse because I was doing it at the end of the game, which just makes it so much sadder because of... well, you know.
Akinari's talking about how much he fears dying and doesn't want to go and how it's not fair that it's just him, and the player knows that Nyx is coming and will probably kill EVERYONE, and much sooner than Akinari thinks. And he's wasting his last month on earth because of it! ;~; Just... gahh.

Yukari/Mitsuru would be interesting, and admittedly there is a *lot* of canon evidence for it. I do wish I shipped it a lot, there's just so much fic for it! Hmm, maybe in a second playthrough my opinion would change...

Also, *is watching Yu-Gi-Oh!* Now that I've seen all of Abridged and adored it, I realised the show behind the parody actually really interested me. Anyone else seen it here? ISN'T IT DELIGHTFULLY CHEESY AND AMAZING AND SHIPPY? :D
Ahhh, I see. I am probably the only person on the planet who really doesn't get what's so awesome about Minako/Shinjiro... I mean, I've seen a lot of their S. Link, and I understand how heartwarming it is to see Shinjiro be happy, but at the same time, I feel like the special ending to their S. Link just... detracts.
I feel like a bad person for saying 'he should die', but his death was a huge factor in the atmosphere of the game and the character development especially (Akihiko and Ken's resolutions, omg), and anything less than that just doesn't seem like a punch in the gut the way it's supposed to be.
Aaanyway.

I am totally going to get Hidetoshi's S. Link... either if I ever replay P3 (semi-possible) or on YT. He sounds really interesting; I was sad I never got to finish his, but there was Mamoru and Mitsuru and... yeah.

And that is why Akinari's Social Link is absolutely perfect to get at the end of the game; in fact, I can't think of any other time when it would have nearly as much effect. It's heartbreaking, but... I don't know. For one, I'm a sucker for tear jerkers, and for another, it simply has more effect, whether it's happy or not.

Converrrrt. *prods* No, I'm kidding, but I do adore the pairing. Just... "Will you stand by my side forever?" or whatever Mitsuru says? Aside from providing bubbly feelings, that is a marriage proposal if I ever heard one. Also, that bath they took together is the best 'shipping evidence ever. EVER.

Ahhhhh, I haven't seen or read Yu-Gi-Oh; heard it's good in exactly the way you describe. Would you recommend it a lot? I have a long list of things to play/watch/read/etc., but I might get around to it... eventually.

...also why am I suddenly 'shipping things I had completely lost interest in. Dear Neku and Joshua (and Shiki for that matter): get out of my brain, I am doing a different fandom right now and you are cramping my current style. I'll write you some other time. Promise.

Actually, does that happen to people? Like, 'ships just sort of come and go ("okay so yesterday I was working on this Willow/Faith fanfic I'd better pick that up--OH HEY SILVER/LYRA IS KIND OF COOL I THINK I'LL GO OBSESS OVER THAT... on second thought, screw those, I'm going to go 'ship Cecille and Frings")

...I need a life. :D

Namesmushes are horrible, oh my god D: I am utterly baffled by the Pokemon 'shipping names, personally; some of them make sense ("SoulsilverShipping" = "Soul" and Silver, "SacredShipping" = two people in search of legendaries), but some of them... don't (why is Falkner/Morty "HonorShipping"? Why is gameverse Gold/Silver "HunterShipping"? o.o) I DON'T GET IT AAAAAH

Some of the Warriors shipping names are much worse.

...oh dear god, Leafpool. I take back everything I've said. I'm going to go and run away somewhere where fandom doesn't exist now, I think.

D8

O-kay. Time for guessing games to get my brain to stop being dead. Who's in~?

1. Think of up to 20 'ships you support
2. List them using descriptions of the characters involved rather than their names
3. Have your friends guess as many of the 'ships as they can

In no particular order, I have 3 'ships from Tales of the Abyss, 2 from Pokemon, 2 from Persona 3, 2 from Exit Fate, 2 from Code Geass, 2 from Ace Attorney, 2 from the Buffyverse, 2 from Tales of Symphonia, 1 from Disgaea, 1 from TWEWY, and 1 from Bleach. Some are more obvious than others. Good luck!

1) That Guy Who Gets Major Character Development & That Guy Who Tries To Reverse Said Character Development
2) That Guy Who Only Recently Has An Awesome Scarf & That Guy Whose Hair Looks Like Minato Arisato's
3) That Girl Who Qualified For Her Job At An Insanely Low Age & That Woman Who Has An Endless Supply Of Glasses
4) That Guy Who Does A Total 180 And Because The Most Snarky And Edgy Character Around & That Woman Who Is Happy Not To Have A Conscience
5) That Man With The Weird Hair Thingy & That Woman With The Very Unoriginal Character Design
6) That Idiot Hero Who Gets Major Angst & That Girl Who Thinks He's An Idiot
7) The Most Tsundere Male Character In The History Of The Universe & That Surprisingly Charismatic Female Who Named A Trope
8) That Man Whose Hair Is Apparently Naturally That Way (WTF?) & That Man Who Is Very British For No Adequately Explained Reason
9) That Man With The Most Awesome Name Ever And A Small Role In The Plot & That Woman Who Is Related To A Party Member And Has A Smaller Role
10) That Girl Who Is Too Much Of A Lesbian To Be A Canon Love Interest & That Girl Who Will Subject You To A Fate Worse Than Death If You Piss Her Off
11) That Man Who Shares A Voice Actor With Two Minor Characters & That Woman Whose Death Resulted In Bad Stuff For A Long Time
12) That Guy Who Uses Too Much Symbolism And Has No Master Plan & That Girl Who Has The Prettiest Hair And The Prettiest Name Ever
13) That Girl Who Has Traumatic Memories Of A Crayon & That Girl With The Weird But Awesome Clothing
14) That Guy Who Dislikes Logic And Is Constantly Pissed Off & That Girl Who Chooses The Strangest Moments To Be Ditzy
15) That Woman With The Obvious Crush On Someone Else & That Man Who Is Not Nearly As Important As I Pretend He Is
16) That Guy Who Accidentally Helped Bring About The End Of The World & That Guy Who Almost Did End It
17) That Guy Whose Gender Everyone Gets Wrong & That Girl Everyone Seems To Hate
18) That Guy Who Is Completely Oblivious To Love Or At Least Pretends To Be & That Girl Who Is Far Too Normal A Character To Last In That Series
19) That Kid Who Is Going To Be Strong Enough To Beat You Next Time & That Girl Who He Isn't Actually Strong Enough To Beat After All
20) That Woman Who Would Put Friendship Above Anything Else & That Woman Who Has Similar-Looking Hair To The First Woman

8 is definitely Phoenix/Edgeworth. Yes, I DID join this club....I may try that thing out later.......

Yep, it definitely is. Ah, and membership is not exactly a huge deal (why do I even bother trying to keep up that list); interested to see if you try it out!

Right then!

2. Morty and aaaaaah I have no idea D:
3. Fran/Adrian <3333
8. Nick/Edgey :D
10. This could be a Bleach one, but I'm thinking Willow/Tara?
13. Also makes me think Willow/Tara
17. Colette/Zelos?

1) That Guy Who Gets Major Character Development & That Guy Who Tries To Reverse Said Character Development
2) That Guy Who Only Recently Has An Awesome Scarf & That Guy Whose Hair Looks Like Minato Arisato's
3) That Girl Who Qualified For Her Job At An Insanely Low Age & That Woman Who Has An Endless Supply Of Glasses
4) That Guy Who Does A Total 180 And Because The Most Snarky And Edgy Character Around & That Woman Who Is Happy Not To Have A Conscience
5) That Man With The Weird Hair Thingy & That Woman With The Very Unoriginal Character Design
6) That Idiot Hero Who Gets Major Angst & That Girl Who Thinks He's An Idiot
7) The Most Tsundere Male Character In The History Of The Universe & That Surprisingly Charismatic Female Who Named A Trope
8) That Man Whose Hair Is Apparently Naturally That Way (WTF?) & That Man Who Is Very British For No Adequately Explained Reason
9) That Man With The Most Awesome Name Ever And A Small Role In The Plot & That Woman Who Is Related To A Party Member And Has A Smaller Role
10) That Girl Who Is Too Much Of A Lesbian To Be A Canon Love Interest & That Girl Who Will Subject You To A Fate Worse Than Death If You Piss Her Off
11) That Man Who Shares A Voice Actor With Two Minor Characters & That Woman Whose Death Resulted In Bad Stuff For A Long Time
12) That Guy Who Uses Too Much Symbolism And Has No Master Plan & That Girl Who Has The Prettiest Hair And The Prettiest Name Ever
13) That Girl Who Has Traumatic Memories Of A Crayon & That Girl With The Weird But Awesome Clothing
14) That Guy Who Dislikes Logic And Is Constantly Pissed Off & That Girl Who Chooses The Strangest Moments To Be Ditzy
15) That Woman With The Obvious Crush On Someone Else & That Man Who Is Not Nearly As Important As I Pretend He Is
16) That Guy Who Accidentally Helped Bring About The End Of The World & That Guy Who Almost Did End It
17) That Guy Whose Gender Everyone Gets Wrong & That Girl Everyone Seems To Hate
18) That Guy Who Is Completely Oblivious To Love Or At Least Pretends To Be & That Girl Who Is Far Too Normal A Character To Last In That Series
19) That Kid Who Is Going To Be Strong Enough To Beat You Next Time & That Girl Who He Isn't Actually Strong Enough To Beat After All
20) That Woman Who Would Put Friendship Above Anything Else & That Woman Who Has Similar-Looking Hair To The First Woman

...I feel bad for not getting more D: I'm sure they are obvious.

I want to have a go, but I'm tired and will do so later. They will all be terribly easy :D

Also - the Harry Potter fandom has actual 'ship names like Pokemon and Warriors. I found a list of all the names once and it terrified me, but I can't seem to find it again :/

Right then!

2. Morty and aaaaaah I have no idea D:
3. Fran/Adrian <3333
8. Nick/Edgey :D
10. This could be a Bleach one, but I'm thinking Willow/Tara?
13. Also makes me think Willow/Tara
17. Colette/Zelos?

...I feel bad for not getting more D: I'm sure they are obvious.

I want to have a go, but I'm tired and will do so later. They will all be terribly easy :D

Also - the Harry Potter fandom has actual 'ship names like Pokemon and Warriors. I found a list of all the names once and it terrified me, but I can't seem to find it again :/
surskitty is correct in that #2 is Morty/Falkner (I don't even know why I 'ship this can someone tell me why please); you were wrong on both counts about #10 (*waits for Cirrus to guess it*) but the rest were right~ I am way too obvious in my AA 'ships.

Eh, they're not all that obvious tbh. #4, #7, #11 and possibly #19 might be guessable for you; I think the others are outside your fandom knowledge, so. A+? xD

...Harry Potter fandom. Those three words alone make me cower in fear. ;~;

#10 is Yukari/Mitsuru, but of course. XD I was genuinely terrified of Mitsuru later on in the game...

I wish I could guess some of the others, I'm awful at this kind of thing. X3 I feel like you must have put Spuffy in somewhere... but so many could apply to them... O.O

*must do this herself soon*

Hee~ I adore Mitsuru so much. And not just because of the executions (which are apparently freezing people solid for hours straight? Darn it; I liked when they were just a mysterious ~fate worse than death~ :c). xD

...what. Why did I not put Spuffy in there. /FAIL Well um. I. Um.

I was, uh. Working on my ship manifesto! Yeah. Totally. That's what I was doing. Which is why I forgot to put Buffy/Spike on there. THAT MAKES TOTAL SENSE.

...okay fine I wasn't doing that either. I'm such a procrastinator, aaah.

Wild DISTRACTION RED/GREEN FANVID appeared! Wild SALAMANDER fled!

Back
Top Bottom