• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Sign-ups Closed] Pokémorphs: New Day, New Dawn

Re: [SIGN-UPS OPEN!] Pokémorphs: New Day, New Dawn

Reserved. :D

In the meantime, I've got the first post ready. I'm gonna get it up soon, and we can get started! Yaaaay.

EDIT: And here it is! Everyone is free to jump in at any time. People joining up later can also trickle in as they are accepted.

Last edited:

Name: Leto Abdima

Species Spliced With: Larvitar

Appearance: Leto is a lot more bulky than would be expected for someone her age - and it's rather jarring. She's still as short as an average fourteen year old, and still looks young, but she's well-muscled and stocky, with wide shoulders and the general impression that it'd be really hard to shift her if she didn't want to move. She's a little insecure about her appearance, actually - she's worried about being pudgy and really hopes she'll suddenly grow up to be super tall and even everything out. She has olive-toned skin, with a dusty tint of green to it, and a strong jaw, high cheekbones and a slightly hooked nose. Her hair is black, and normal enough - it hangs to her shoulders, and it's pretty straight, though the length is jagged and frayed now. A few of her Pokemon traits are subtle - her skin and fingernails are a bit tougher than normal, if anything - but she has a long, bony crest rising from her head, with her hair just parted around it. It's kind of supremely obvious - and it's greener than the rest of her skin, as well as much harder. She barely has any sensation there, compared to the rest of her body.

She also sports the distinctive black markings under her eyes, which she's pretty sure looks way cooler than the headspike. As for her eyes, they're red. Very spooky. Her teeth are sharpened and much denser than human ones.

Her clothes tend towards comfortable and loose - black cargo pants and a grey, nondescript hoodie. Because her skin's tougher than normal, she goes barefoot.

Edit: picture courtesy of the fab Yoshi

Personality: Leto is pretty quiet, and can be mistaken as shy at first. She doesn't like speaking much or drawing attention to herself until she's certain of what she's going to say, and thus, she doesn't spare much time for small talk. However, when she speaks up, she's quite focused about it - she doesn't doubt herself or waste time in getting to the point. She's also persistent when she wants an answer, or someone's opinion - she pursues conversation instead of engaging in it. It's just a little bit intense, and it's partly because she has so many uncertainties she wants answered or taken care of.

Just who is she? Where does she belong? Can she have a home, and a family? What's she supposed to do? She doesn't like living with so many questions, and while she tries not so show it, she's lonely and seeking out anything and everything that can help her. As such, she's attached to the few people stuck in the same situation as her, and she's unwaveringly loyal to them. Their lives are a mess, so if nothing else, she'll try to be as certain as she can, and support them no matter what.

She's actually really stubborn about her choices and what she wants to do or say once she's decided it, and she won't argue if confronted about it - just dig in and redouble her efforts.

Basic Powers: Leto is rather durable, with tougher skin than a normal human, as if every part of her is thoroughly calloused. She's got a more limited sense of touch, as well, but it's good for not feeling as much pain from physical blows. She's also a lot denser and heavier than she looks, which adds a lot of power to even a punch. Her main capabilities right now are almost purely from straight up brawling, but she's got an immunity to electricity and can see perfectly well even if stuck in a sandstorm.

She hasn't quite caught on how to use any moves at will yet - she's capable of pulling and controlling rocks, sand and dust around her on a small scale when riled up or reacting, but that's about it.

Other:
She doesn't blink very often, which makes her great at staring contests and looking surprisingly intense for a fourteen year old.

Leto has a very strong sense of longing and homesickness for Mt. Silver, and feels drawn there, compelled to go back - but it's subconscious and generally crops up as a sense of wistfulness and a vague idea that she wants to be in the mountains.

Last edited:

Name: Li Feng

Species Spliced With: Seviper

Appearance: Li Feng is of a medium height and has long dark hair that she wears down over her shoulders. Her eyes, affected by the gene splicing, are a noticeable crimson. Other than this, she has no visible changes aside from a series of long purple scars on her back which she keeps hidden under her dress. Special thanks to Black Yoshi for this picture.

Personality: She appears composed, albeit somewhat judgmental to her fellow morphs. At times she can become aggressive, but generally never picks fights she can't win. She isn't afraid of manipulating others to get what she wants. She remains somewhat distant from the others, and has trouble trusting them completely.

Basic Powers: Her reflexes are quick, and she has become incredibly agile since her transformation. Her vision has also sharpened, allowing her to quickly spot friends and foes among a busy crowd of people. She can secrete powerful toxins, and she tends to coat her fingernails with this venom in case of an emergency.

Other: She sometimes goes by the name "Iris". She does this to blend in, as well as to keep word of her whereabouts secret from her enemies. Some of the morphs call her by this name, while others refer to her as "Li Feng".

Last edited:

Hey, save me a spot! I've been waiting for another good pokemon RP to show up. (I just have some work-related thing to take care of first -_-)

I have been repeatedly intending to submit. but I keep editing it so I am mentioning this so :|||

man we had a flurry of activity and then two days of silence

did everyone just get busy all at once?

yeah I don't know. I know it's free-form and all but I feel a bit uncomfortable posting again without anyone else besides you.

though I actually dig the dynamic our characters have and I see great potential there.

yEAH I GET THAT it feels kind of exclusive to just constantly post after each other without anyone else as a buffer

but I do too! they seem like they could develop a really interesting relationship as time goes on and I'm eager to see how that pans out! I picked Eskandar to approach without putting too much thought into it but it was clearly an excellent decision

same. :) I get like ... a platonic life partner vibe for some reason, which is probably silly to say considering they've spoken just a handful of sentences together. but. fuck it, headcanon

oh man

you don't even know

platonic life bonds are my thing and I will accept this headcanon with all my might

alright this shit is happening

yo we should be friends

also I hope everyone else is ok :/

Name: Iho Umritzun, for which the obvious nickname is "Yun"

Species Spiced With: Claydol

Appearance: In this case the splicing went ... a bit poorly, some might possibly suggest. Introduction of claydol genetic material was followed by gradual atrophy and ... reabsorption, more or less, of all the limbs; where humans have arms, Yun has a roughly arm-width indentation on the shoulder, and instead of functional legs has a pair of nubs which basically aren't.

And then there are the eyes: eight of them, fairly evenly spaced around Yun's head. Two face forward, and their size, shape, and positions would be roughly reasonable for a human; however, the sclera is solid pink, which is, unfortunately, not the right colour. The other three pair, meanwhile, are more or less exactly the same, and would be just as conspicuously wrong if not that they tend to be hidden under hair.

Yun's hair is a very dark grey, a colour not necessarily pointful to distinguish from black. Yun's skin is a baltoy shade of brown. These are well within range of normal human variation, however, and there is probably about one person who can actually verify whether these were Yun's natural colours or if they were side-effects of the procedure ... not, to be sure, that it makes much of a difference.

Despite all this, Yun does not appear clearly unusual ... yet. Long sleeves and skirt, and a touch of telekinesis to hover at about a meter and a half above the ground, are somewhat, surprisingly, helpful in avoiding seeming to lack limbs; a set of cute tinted lenses conceal Yun's strange eye colour. Of course, anyone bothering to pay attention would definitely quickly notice that Yun's movements are frequently not consistent with walking.

But then, someone had to put Yun in this clothing earlier, before leaving with, ah, "Billius Greigor Wellington the Third", just to avoid Yun blowing the cover immediately just by existing...

Personality: Yun is, generously, a bit single-minded. In a nutshell, to understand history is ... important, yes. How people acted, their reasons and motives, the conditions and situations involved, yes, are important to know and understand. Knowing that sort of thing, at least, Yun is good at. As for applying that sort of knowledge ... that is a very different thing.

Yun is, er, very much the sort of child who needs frequent reminders not to take candy from strangers; trusting to a fault, readily engages in hero worship and such. This might possibly be related to how Yun managed to also the be sort of child who got kidnapped and experimented.

There is a huge gap in Yun's explicit memory, mainly of roughly everything personal, and Yun is acutely aware of this. However, there are also ... other memories. Strange memories, someone else's memories, memories which belong to a different time, old memories from the distant past, elsewhere. About ancient mankind, mostly. This perhaps colours Yun's view of the world.

Basic Powers: Yun is slightly psychic. Quite psychic, in fact, with some gross telekinetic capacity; however, fine control is conspicuously absent. This does not really compensate for not having hands, but admittedly it's better than being an immobile blob on the floor. Yun is also receive-only telepathic, and ... has a really amazing sense for prehistoric art?!

Yun also has a particular affinity for helplessly spinning in circles, but this appears to be unrelated.

Other: "You don't believe me? Then, shall I show you? Claydol and humanity's shared history..."

Notes: ahahaha res is making another capspost I haven't done that in so long ... I haven't done posts in so long yes.

... well it took me a while.

I would like to continue posting but atm I'm currently waiting for Flora to post.

Sorry for the wait, res. Got a bit caught up in school, you see.
But you're accepted!

And guuuuuys we gotta keep this going
We can't let it die D:

Name: Callie Aviery

Species Spliced With: Hoothoot

Appearance: Callie's outward appearance is not quite one that would make strangers think pokémorph, but certainly one that would make them think strange.

Her eyes, abnormally large and round, are an extremely red-tinted brown (well, really, it's the other way around, and more accurately described as a shade of brown-tinted red, but she doesn't say that to anyone), and are unfortunately accented by thick, black rings around them, with a few black lines on their lower half. They might look like eyelashes from a far, far distance, though hers are already massive and unreasonable. All of these features she can describe as a trick of the light, tattoo, or contacts with a bit of persuasion, but her arrow-shaped eyebrows, dark and sharply-lined, reminiscent of the hands on a clock, are a bit harder, and she just tends to smile and say something about make-up, waxing, or maybe even surgery. At least her short, black hair looks natural.

Her arms are covered with feathers, but her hands have thankfully been spared... for now. Those are what would be her wings, but she's nowhere near doing any flying - the thin covering of feathers over her skin does not in any way make a fully-fledged wing. Even if it did, they probably wouldn't be able to carry her weight - a hoothoot's skeleton is lightweight and adapted for flying in a way that hers simply isn't.

Her lower body's skin has thickened and formed almost-scales, its color graying significantly compared to her hoothoot-colored upper body. Because of this and her wings, she tends to cover up - usually, she wears a long, black jacket over a long-sleeved red shirt. (She figures she might as well color-coordinate if she's trying to pull her mutations off as an act of fashion.) Dark gray or black pants, long enough to pool around her boots, complete the odd style - reminiscent of grunge, punk, or something from a well-known dystopian novel/movie trilogy. Whatever works.

Personality: Callie has an extroverted, energetic nature, one that would normally try to turn every conversation into a lifelong friendship, if she had the chance.

This does not mean she's not shy or easily flustered. The experimentation took her confidence, if it was there to begin with - who knows how much of her earlier personality was just childish naivety? She's still full of it now, certainly, but a bit more grounded - she was always apt to speculate, but now she does not preclude negative expectations, as she once did. She tends to be a bit long-winded and over-explains things when she speaks; she might have a vocabulary in the hypothetical, but when she's talking to someone she'll probably replace half the nouns with "thing" or similar.

She's not upset about being in her current form, though she knows she was exploited; she wants to find out more about what her state as a pokémorph means for her, and actually wants to battle and evolve... though she's never been in a real fight, much less a fight with elemental powers coming into play.

She can be vulnerable to her sleep schedule if it's altered any more than it is usually.

Basic Powers: Callie has an incredibly accurate internal clock - she can pinpoint the time down to the second at any given moment. This does little, until the time becomes 4:13 or 6:12; without wasting a second, she will then break into a nigh-uncontrollable fit of hooting until the minute is over, after which she will recover. This happens during both the A.M. and P.M. hours, and the non-negotiable hooting often draws attention to her: she disguises it as a coughing fit when in public, to varying degrees of success, and while she covers her mouth, she cannot fully muffle the sound.

She can hoot at a very loud volume, approximating the move uproar, and with her innate sense of time she can set her own "alarms" for herself, allowing her to wake at any time - that is, if she ever goes to sleep in the first place. Callie, being a morph between a nocturnal and diurnal creature, seems to have reached an unhappy compromise between these two conflicting sleep schedules in foregoing both periods of sleep. Life as a pokémorph is tough, and she reasons that sleeping would be dangerous anyway, with no real shelter to speak of. She generally takes two naps a day, between 4:13 and 6:12, and sees that as enough, as long as she can fall asleep then. Surprisingly, the effects of sleep deprivation on her seem to be extremely lowered, if not foregone in most cases: her attention span is low and she may sometimes suffer the mental/emotional effects associated associated with insomnia, but otherwise the worst effects she's suffered have been dark circles and bags under her eyes.

Her wings, hidden under long-sleeved clothing and jackets, have never been able to make more than a slight breeze - her body is too thick and heavy for her stunted limbs to take aloft.

Other: She has a bizarre and mostly unplaceable accent, of much speculation by those who first meet her, and the origin of which is hooting noises that slip into her speech; vowel sounds that are close to U, and even unrelated ones when she's stressed, tend to get absorbed into a (h)OO(ting) sound. It contrasts wildly with her outward appearance.

Last edited:

I am sooooo sorry for the wait. You're accepted.

Also, sign-ups closed, aside from the other reserve we have.

Back
Top Bottom