• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Snom Mafia

67935e149b219eecad230f0d3fc82a07bd19f335r1-1024-795v2_128.jpg

Snooloo rolls.

--

Hi everyone! Excited to be here.

Like I said in the signup thread, probably will be making infrequent posts and taking it easy.

I won't be doing hypocop, because without role reveals, we get the drawbacks (it can tell the mafia who isn't the cop) without much of the benefits. I don't actually know whether roles are revealed upon death, but I'm assuming they are not.

Do we know if this game is all vanilla / only a few power roles / mostly power roles? If it was mentioned somewhere, I forgot. I guess we know it's not the first because of the popularity role mechanic.

Poor kyeugh btw. I like kyeugh! You rock!

I won't be doing hypocop, because without role reveals, we get the drawbacks (it can tell the mafia who isn't the cop) without much of the benefits.
oh is it actually town-detrimental? i was under the impression that it was helpful for the most part but i never really considered it wrt role reveals

Anyway hi guys!

I won't be doing hypocop, because without role reveals, we get the drawbacks (it can tell the mafia who isn't the cop) without much of the benefits. I don't actually know whether roles are revealed upon death, but I'm assuming they are not.
I think this is sensible. I was kinda bemused when everyone started hypocopping all over the place in Cats (2019) Mafia - it made it a lot easier than it needed to be for us to work out who the cop was.

Do we know if this game is all vanilla / only a few power roles / mostly power roles? If it was mentioned somewhere, I forgot. I guess we know it's not the first because of the popularity role mechanic.
I think this quote suggests there is a reasonably high PR density:
Lots of the snoms in this city have special skills to use that could come in handy for stopping the zoruas... or stopping the town :0

Everyone seems friendly so far... but what if someone is actually a Zorua?! Snooloo snööhs wistfully.

--

I won't be doing hypocop, because without role reveals, we get the drawbacks (it can tell the mafia who isn't the cop) without much of the benefits.
oh is it actually town-detrimental? i was under the impression that it was helpful for the most part but i never really considered it wrt role reveals
It's detrimental without role reveals, yeah. I would have brought it up in Cats, but I was mafia and it was helping us rule out people as the cop, hehe.

Benefits of cop cover can be:
- if the cop is nightkilled before they claim, you know what their checks were (this is not applicable without role reveals)
- if someone else is nightkilled, you can assume their hypo-checks are town, because mafia probably wouldn't attempt to kill someone they know is not the cop (this is more true in games with fewer power roles, and probably is not helpful here)

Drawbacks of cop cover can be:
- if someone checks mafia, the mafia know they aren't the cop (this is entirely applicable here)

now I wonder if someone's role made sande+SJ crossed out in the pinglist, or if that means anything

Good spot! The thing my mind immediately jumps to is silencing, but I suppose there isn't really any way to confirm that.

On another topic, does anybody know when the day ends?

i will also ideally be more laid back than i have previously been, due to my cats trauma. but also it's me so i'll probably say that and then proceed to continue obsessively posting,

On another topic, does anybody know when the day ends?
lmao. this would be good info. (@IndigoEmmy / @Seshas ?)
The thing my mind immediately jumps to is silencing
like post silencing?

The thing my mind immediately jumps to is silencing
like post silencing?

Yeah, a role that prohibits its target from posting during the day. Usually scum-aligned. But now I think about more carefully, giving the mafia the capability to silence two people per night in a thirteen-person game is... really kind of overpowered.

@sanderidge @Superjolt If you're able to, it would be really helpful if you could tell us whether you've received any indication that you've been targeted by a role!

Back
Top Bottom