• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Spring 2012 Timetables

Datura

actually a very nice person
For many university/high school students (American ones, at least), the fall semester is coming to a close. I've already got my spring schedule planned; anybody else? What does your timetable look like?

I will be taking Environmental Geography (Monday/Wednesday 9:00-9:50), mostly because it's a required course for my intended major, which is Urban Geography. On Monday I will also have an Environmental Geography discussion from 11:00-11:50. My next Monday/Wednesday class is Intermediate German Grammar & Usage from 12:30-13:45. I'm incredibly nervous about it, especially because I took a semester off from German and I probably ended up forgetting most of it. Oops. Finally on Monday/Wednesday, I have Honors Seminar: The Pursuit of Pleasure from 16:00-17:15, which I'm fairly excited about. The course is about how entertainment (cinemas, amusement parks, etc.) has evolved throughout human history and how entertainment venues reflect the social backgrounds of their users.

Then I have Intermediate Algebra (Tuesday/Thursday 9:30-10:45), which is going to be incredibly easy. I'm only taking it to fulfill the University's math requirement, which I unfortunately didn't test out of. Oh well. Not worried about this! On Thursday I have Queer Migrations from 16:00-18:40. It fulfills the University's Cultural Diversity requirement, which is the only reason I'm taking it. Hopefully it isn't too boring, because I imagine I'll be quite exhausted by that time on Thursday.

The reason I kept my Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays relatively open is because I want to keep my work schedule (I'm a web developer for one of the colleges within the University) fairly easy to maintain.

379976_302802573081475_100000552046508_1143861_1277387976_n.jpg

Yay for having one less six-hour studio than I did this semester. :I

explanation of the classes:

"Illust Stu Conc Prac" is also known as "Illustration Methods" and is basically the generic Illustration class for Sophomores. It has all the cool assignments like character design and caricature and whatnot.

"Ill Studio Dsn Dig" is one six-hour class divided into two sections; the first part is more of a design class where we do annoying assignments that the professor even admits he designs specifically to piss us off. The second part is a digital class where we learn about Photoshop and Illustrator.

"AD Design Concepts" is an Advertising/Graphic Design class where we spend a million dollars printing shit out every week and design page spreads, print ads, and ads in general. "AD Design Conc (Team)" is the same thing only it's all group projects.

Philosophy and Psychology are self-explanatory. :v

Last edited:
1st Period: English 9 Honors
2nd Period: PE :P
3rd Period: Algebra II
4th Period: Health
5th Period: French I :33
6th Period: Biology

I'm not in school but, wow you guys have small schedules. I remember in high school I had at least seven, and lunch...

Like my senior year, at least what I remember

1st Period: Gym
2nd Period: AP Euro
3rd Period: Teacher's Assisstant - Web Design
4th Period: AP English 12
5th Period: Philisophy and World Religions/Catechism of the Catholic Church
6th Period: Lunch
7th Period: Teacher's Assisstant - Digital Photography Photoshop
8th Period: Personal Christianity (PC for short, was a required class in order to graduate)

School started at 8:30 AM with first period running a little long and every other class going at 44 minutes with 5 in between for hallway time.

Mine starts at 8 and ends at 2:36. Each class is an hour and 15 minutes. We each have 4 periods + lunch each semester and there are 2 semesters.

School goes from 9:00 to 3:48. Each block is 90 minutes with 6 minutes between classes. A days and B days.

A Day
1st: Concert Band
2nd: Honors Biology
3rd: Latin IV Honors [B Lunch (12:42-1:12)]
4th: Pre-Calculus

B Day
5th: English 10 Honors
6th: school-wide study hall
7th: AP World History [C Lunch (1:12-1:42)]
8th: PE 10/Driver's Ed (1st semester)/Health 10 (2nd)

Good old block schedules! Good thing I don't have one!

Same 8-period schedule as Middle School.

1st: [Honors] Civics / (Cultures and Civilizations)
2nd: [Honors] English I / (Cultures and Civilizations)
3rd: [Honors] Biology
4th: French I
5th: Lunch
6th: Symphonic Band
7th: [Honors] Algebra II
8th: Health II

I don't know what my schedule will be like!! I won't even choose half of it until at least the week of next term. but my four modules will be:

Introduction to Anthropology II
English - Structure and Use
Philosophy - Knowledge and Mind
Introduction to Sociology II

They all sound a lot less interesting than this term. :C

I am excited.

Modern Digital System Design
History of Mathematics
Higher Mathematics for Engineers and Scientists I [Differential Equations]
Programming Principles II - C++
Organization of American Government

All classes are either 60 or 90 minutes.

Monday
Music History II
Conducting II
Music Theory IV
Aural Techniques IV
Form and Analysis
University Concert Band
Applied Piano III

Tuesday
Woodwind Methods
Athletic Band
Jazz Band
Aiken Concert Band

Wednesday
Music History II
Conducting II
Music Theory IV
Aural Techniques IV
Form and Analysis
University Concert Band

Thursday
Woodwind Methods
Athletic Band
Jazz Band
Applied Flute IV

Friday
Music History II
Conducting II
Music Theory IV
Percussion II
Music Technology

Engineering Science, Numerical Analysis, Algebraic Geometry, Classical Mechanics, Multivariable Calculus.

Vilken ingenjör typ studerar du att bli? Electrical/computer seems quite promising. (Och känns som jag har frågat dig förr. Oh well.)

Vilken ingenjör typ studerar du att bli? Electrical/computer seems quite promising. (Och känns som jag har frågat dig förr. Oh well.)
Well... This is what I'm doing now. So basically, it could be anything. I'm leaning towards Engineering Physics, though the Master of Science in Engineering + Master of Education combo would make sense, since I've considered becoming a teacher. Really, anything that lets me refer to myself as "Magister Chen" will do.

My school goes from 7:45-2:37.
1. PE (s1), Health (s2)
2. English 10
3. Women's choral
4. US history
5. Spanish
6.honors Bio
7. Geometry

At my school, fith period has four sections of 24 minute each (each regular class is 48 minutes long). We have one block of study hall, one block of lunch, and two blocks of class. The order can change depending on the lunch you have

Introduction to Drawing, Representation and Interpretation, Creativity: Theory, Practice and History, Film and Cinema Studies. not that excited for film and cinema studies, but I have to take it if I want to take Animation & Filmosophy.

Well... This is what I'm doing now. So basically, it could be anything. I'm leaning towards Engineering Physics, though the Master of Science in Engineering + Master of Education combo would make sense, since I've considered becoming a teacher. Really, anything that lets me refer to myself as "Magister Chen" will do.

Aa jag har hört av KTH förr. I can admit that "Magister Chen" sounds quite nice. Jag tycker du kunde lära väl. I'm not sure what i'd look for in a graduate program. Probably Computer Science, if i head to study at that level.

I'll go look it up.

Monday
The Modern Novel (Lecture) - 12-2pm
Creative Writing 1 (Lecture) - 3-5pm

Tuesday
Shakespeare & the Renaissance (Lecture) - 1-3pm

Wednesday
The Modern Novel (Tutorial) - 10-11am
Shakespeare & the Renaissance (Tutorial) - 3-4pm

Thursday
[no classes]

Friday
Creative Writing 1 (Tutorial) - 1-2pm

I know. My life is so stressful.

I'll go look it up.

Monday
The Modern Novel (Lecture) - 12-2pm
Creative Writing 1 (Lecture) - 3-5pm

Tuesday
Shakespeare & the Renaissance (Lecture) - 1-3pm

Wednesday
The Modern Novel (Tutorial) - 10-11am
Shakespeare & the Renaissance (Tutorial) - 3-4pm

Thursday
[no classes]

Friday
Creative Writing 1 (Tutorial) - 1-2pm

I know. My life is so stressful.

That glaring you feel from a distance? That would be me. From across the ocean.

Back
Top Bottom