• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HG/SS stallloom, wip

1. Luftballon

Banned
Pronoun
it
Sporeberry (Breloom) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP/252 Spd/22 leftover
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Protect
- Substitute
- Toxic / Focus Punch
- Leech Seed / Sunny Day / Rain Dance

toxic spikes support, and opposed toxic spikes support, make this quite amazing. it has a bit of trouble switching in, but that's what memento from uxie is for. afterwards, it plays like stallrein, except without hail. plant leech seed on a free move (you're not getting one) for bonus damage. if confident with poisoning, focus punch can be used over toxic, switching to jolly, of course.

HP must must must be divisible by 8 for poison heal recovery, though if you want, you can just use 26 HP IVs, or 12 HP EVs, if you want maximum focus punch damage. the speed sucks, but it's 32 TURNS OF STALL that can't be disrupted bar obama or hippo, which is what weather moves can be used for.

this set is subject to all of stallrein's non-weather limitations, especially opposing priority including such as faster avalanche/move and slower ice shard/move. breloom doesn't have defenses worth a damn, so it can't really take the hits.

Seems fun, but what about opposing steels/poisons? At least Stallrein isn't completely sunk against its weaknesses.

Seems fun, but what about opposing steels/poisons? At least Stallrein isn't completely sunk against its weaknesses.

Breloom is weak to steel...? I figured it would generally be the other way around. I'd worry more about flying and psychic-types here. If he Subs, and the opponent is using a steel-type, just focus punch it. I'd use leech seed because only Grass is immune, and my bet is that generally you aren't using a Breloom to fight grass-types.

Vixie has a point. The object of StallRein is that it can kill 2 or more Pokemon through hail damage assuming they are not Ice typed. Breloom has no such guarantee.

yeah, but Breloom does the same thing with Toxic or Leech seed, which are really useful as long as you can stall.

Steel types are immune to Poison (both type and status!) and cannot be seeded. Poisons cannot be poisoned, for obvious reasons.

Steel types are immune to Poison (both type and status!) and cannot be seeded. Poisons cannot be poisoned, for obvious reasons.
Steel types can be seeded, but res's implication is that the Toxic Spikes would be doing most/all the work because Breloom will rarely get a chance to actually use Leech Seed.

leech seed and eight turns kills off all non-leftovers steels, 15 or 16 with leftovers, and maybe 17 for lucario. I'd be more worried about poison-types, especially those with liquid ooze (mostly tenta) and those with secondary grass typing. poison/grass are completely immune to this set and resist focus punch. although it can still hit them fairly hard on the switch.

(and how is stallrein not completely sunk against its weaknesses? tyranitar, especially faster subpunch variants, is a guarantee of death what with negative priority to hit after the sub and move to hit before the next sub. this is just sunk against grass/poison, which is a significantly less-used typing.)

EDIT: furthermore, it resists steel and ground, the most common attacking types from steel-types. this thing beats gyro ball and earthquake bronzong, metagross without fire/ice punch, and and steelix reliably after setup.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom