• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Stardew Valley

AncientMuffin

Pronoun
He/Him
Does anyone here play Stardew Valley? The 1.5 update was just released a few days ago, and I cannot wait to play it. I have a huge backlog of games that I need to play, but, once the update came out, Stardew Valley immediately jumped to the top of my list. Just waiting for my girlfriend to have some free time so that we could start a new farm together. Do you guys play with mods? Has anyone tried the 1.5 update yet? If so, let me know how you like it! I almost feel overwhelmed by all the new stuff that was added. Can't wait to get into it again.

i love stardew!! i've unlocked the new late-game area in my main save, but i've really spent most of my time redecorating the house - there's more furniture, and now that you can sit in chairs i need to rethink the way i've arranged some things, and there are more kinds of lamps, and there are other home renovations you can do (you can move the bed!!!) so i have mostly been doing that. i've been enjoying it so far!

i haven't ever played with mods (ngl it's mostly because i'm too lazy to figure out how to install them, and also how to make sure that it would still work with friends' vanilla stardew, in multiplayer). so i don't know how things change with mods. but yes!! stardew good!!

I haven't been keeping up-to-date with the updates so I'm not aware of what is in the most recent update, I'll have to check it out.

I don't play with mods because I have it on Switch.

i love stardew!! i've unlocked the new late-game area in my main save, but i've really spent most of my time redecorating the house - there's more furniture, and now that you can sit in chairs i need to rethink the way i've arranged some things, and there are more kinds of lamps, and there are other home renovations you can do (you can move the bed!!!) so i have mostly been doing that. i've been enjoying it so far!

i haven't ever played with mods (ngl it's mostly because i'm too lazy to figure out how to install them, and also how to make sure that it would still work with friends' vanilla stardew, in multiplayer). so i don't know how things change with mods. but yes!! stardew good!!

Are you serious you can sit on chairs now... I think this is the best news I've gotten all day. I'm planning on starting a new save with my girlfriend so we can experience everything all over again. It's been a while since we've played. Moving the bed is also amazing news. Man, I need to try it out soon.

I haven't been keeping up-to-date with the updates so I'm not aware of what is in the most recent update, I'll have to check it out.

I don't play with mods because I have it on Switch.

I've tried playing on the Switch, but I just couldn't get into the controls. I think I'm just too used to PC controls. The new 1.5 update can be kinda overwhelming since it's a lot, but I love the ConcernedApe puts so much love and effort into the game. I actually don't think I've played much on the 1.4 update, so I'll need to read those patch notes again too.

I love Stardew! I play on console though (PS4 + Switch) so I won’t have the 1.5 update until early next year, but I’m looking forward to it! I haven’t played it too recently but I know I’ll get back into it when the update drops for consoles.

I’ve never used any mods, but I’ve seen some amazing ones out there. Assuming you can use mods on the Mac version (I don’t have a PC), I’d be very tempted to buy the Mac version so I can play around with mods.

I’m trying to unlock all the achievements on the PS4 version (because Platinum trophy), but dear god, the Journey of the Prairie King minigame will be the death of me.

I love Stardew! I play on console though (PS4 + Switch) so I won’t have the 1.5 update until early next year, but I’m looking forward to it! I haven’t played it too recently but I know I’ll get back into it when the update drops for consoles.

I’ve never used any mods, but I’ve seen some amazing ones out there. Assuming you can use mods on the Mac version (I don’t have a PC), I’d be very tempted to buy the Mac version so I can play around with mods.

I’m trying to unlock all the achievements on the PS4 version (because Platinum trophy), but dear god, the Journey of the Prairie King minigame will be the death of me.
I think at this point I'm spoiled by mods... Not too sure if I can go back to the vanilla game at this point. If I do, I'll end up having 50 tabs of stardewvalleywiki.com open. You can definitely use mods on the Mac version! For PC, it was as simple as downloading a program called SMAPI then downloading the mods that I wanted to use. Then I just dragged the files into the "Mods" folder and that was it. I would assume it's that easy for the Mac version too.

And yeah, Journey of the Prairie King and Junimo Kart make me angrier than anything else in the game.

Ahhh Stardew Valley is my favorite thing!!! I played a TON on PC and just started a new game in the beach farm layout, but most of my time has been on Switch lately, so I’m waiting for the console update to experience the new post-game stuff (and trying to avoid spoilers on it, so I didn’t read too much of the previous messages in case people are talking about specifics :D)

Stardew Valley has been such a bright comfort lately. It’s wonderful how much care and attention it still receives from ConcernedApe as well - it’s really inspiring! :D

Ahhh Stardew Valley is my favorite thing!!! I played a TON on PC and just started a new game in the beach farm layout, but most of my time has been on Switch lately, so I’m waiting for the console update to experience the new post-game stuff (and trying to avoid spoilers on it, so I didn’t read too much of the previous messages in case people are talking about specifics :D)

Stardew Valley has been such a bright comfort lately. It’s wonderful how much care and attention it still receives from ConcernedApe as well - it’s really inspiring! :D

There's new post-game stuff?

Yeah!! I haven't run into any of it yet though because my PC save file isn't post-game yet, hehe. Waiting to see which happens first: Switch update or me progressing to post-game on my PC file XD

I haven't played stardew valley in forever, but i remember i found a trick to duplicate items so i breezed through the game waaaaay too fast.

I just started playing Stardew for the Switch in mid-December, I'm having such a great time with it so far ! I can definitely see myself putting a lot of hours into it.

Back
Top Bottom