• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Smash Bros 4

How I feel towards the leaked info

Duck Hunt Dog is easily the most exciting unrevealed newcomer to me, I never thought I'd want him but he just seems like the perfect oddball retro character. Bowser Jr. is interesting as well, my instant reaction was meh but when I saw the brief video footage of him using his clown car I really like what they did. Doc and Dark Pit I don't care much about but it's not like they're taking up a slot, it'd be either them or nothing, so I'm not bothered. I'll miss the Climbers especially out of the dropped vets, I played as them a lot but strangely I'm not ultra bothered by their removal.

What?? Duck Hunt Dog? Now way in He double l that is going to happen. I can't see him in smash bros XD.:)

Just because you don't agree with the spoiler tags and their system doesn't mean you can talk about spoilers so freely. Be more careful.

"I'm really feeling it!"

Smash bros. site updated a couple days ago, and Shulk is confirmed. which, unfortunately, (or fortunately, depending on your standpoint,) means that the leak is real.

Also, there's a lot more music in the 'music' tab as well, and there's a new club nintendo deal- registering both the 3ds and wii u versions of the game will get you a smash bros. 4 soundtrack cd.

So Shulk is from Xenoblade... I'm guessing the guy in his picture is from the same series?

I'm still holding out on the hope that the leak wasn't the whole roster; if not, then I hope Ness plays a bit more like Lucas now, specifically his PK Thunder.

The music is amazing; I can't believe how much music they've packed into bite-sized 1-minute-long pieces.

which, unfortunately, (or fortunately, depending on your standpoint,) means that the leak is real.
Hardly. There's a huge difference between getting one thing right and getting everything right. Although it does lend more credence to the claims, specially regarding some of the characters that might be in (but not regarding some of the characters who might be out).

Perhaps I should clarify- The Shulk confirmation pretty much confirms the video leaks. No way any of those were edited, as Shulk matches up perfectly. The picture leaks could very well be fake, although even in those Shulk's portrait matches up.

And on the topic of exclusions,
there was this leaked picture. A recent Pic of the Day confirmed that the little lock means that the leaked roster isn't complete. The lock would only be gone if all of the characters had been unlocked.
As for how many characters are left, there's no way to tell until at least the 13th.

Guys I never even thought of Duck Hunt Dog being part of the Smash Bros series. What moves does he have and what is his final Smash?:)

DUCK HUNT DOG HAS AN ALT COLOR THAT MAKES IT LOOK LIKE BANJO WITH THE DUCK LOOKING LIKE KAZOOIE

SEND HELP IT'S CRITICAL

That's nice of Nintendo to acknowledge characters like that who they can't have in their games.

Actually, I like a lot of alt colors this go around.

holy sweet mother of jesus
The leak was right!

Dr. Mario and Dark Pit better not be clones.

I'm kind of sad to see Lucas, the Ice Climbers, and Game & Watch go. I liked them a lot.

holy sweet mother of jesus
The leak was right!

Dr. Mario and Dark Pit better not be clones.

I'm kind of sad to see Lucas, the Ice Climbers, and Game & Watch go. I liked them a lot.
Game & Watch is in the top right corner.

So here's the final franchise count:

Mario: 9 (Unless Yoshi's still his own count, then 8)
Game & Watch: 1
Donkey Kong: 2
Zelda: 5
Metroid: 2
Kid Icarus: 3
Fire Emblem: 4
Kirby: 3
Punch-Out: 1
Star Fox: 2
Pokemon: 5
Duck Hunt: 1
ROB: 1 (obviously)
Earthbound/MOTHER: 1
F-Zero: 1
Animal Crossing: 1
Pikmin: 1
Wii Fit: 1
Xenoblade: 1
Pac Man: 1
Mega Man: 1
Sonic: 1
Miis: 3

Number of franchises (If Yoshi is part of Mario): 22
Number of playable characters: 49
Mean number of playable characters (if Yoshi is part of Mario) per franchise: 2.23
Median number of playable characters (" " " " " ") per franchise: 1
Mode number of playable characters (" " " " " ") per franchise: 1

Last edited:
Dark Pit/Pitoo is canonically a clone of Pit, so I have no idea how they could possibly differentiate him anyway. Especially since Pit still has alt colors that look like him.

Read somewhere that Dixie and Wolf are alt skins for Diddy and Fox. Could be true as many have said (Spoilers?:) Bowser Jnr.has the koopalings as his alt skins. If this proves true I'll be dissapointed that they just threw in 3 clones while some characters get an alt skin.
I would actually be happier if their were clones available as alt skins. Think about it (suppose some need a cheer and/or a modified final smash) it would satisfy alot of people without adding in clone slots which seem to annoy alot of people. (Some were already implemented in brawl as alt colours):
Mario/Dr.Mario/paper mario?
Luigi could have his 'evil' paper mario costume (MR.L was it?)
Bowser/Dry bowser
Peach/Daisy
DK/Funky kong?
Pikachu/Pichu/Raichu?
Diddy/Dixie
C.Falcon/Blood falcon(in as his 'red; outfit already)/the 'future' white falcon from GX (forgot his name I think it was something like Phoenix)
Ness/Lucas
Ganon/Demise?
Marth/Lucina
Ike/Chrom?(harder since Ike was made bigger and older now)
maybe a zoroark skin for Lucario?
Current Link/OoT link skin
Toon link/Classic link
Samus/Dark samus/Silux?
Fox/Wolf/Krystal?

Watched gameplay of (SPOILER!) Duckhunt dog he looks to be mid-weight, quite agile with the aid of his duck, uses plenty of projectiles and can summon old NES 'Cowboys?" with his final smash beign a lineup of them who shoot at the other combatants. Seems like a veyr unique character

I think it's also entirely possible that this game is going to incorporate DLC characters somewhere along the line. After the Mario Kart 8 DLC, I think Nintendo is moving in the direction of having more DLC.

Guys this can't be the absolute final roster. They never release the full roster until the games have been released or a few days before release dates.I don't think that is the complete roster because they have not listed any more characters on the main site yet. That might be the roster as of now but I bet there are a few more loose ends to tie up before the release the actual rooster. I think that is a teaser photo XD.:)

Back
Top Bottom