• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Smash Bros 4

Is anybody else experiencing this glitch where the music stops playing? The first time it happened to me was playing in Classic. The map music goes out. Eventually, it spread to the Trophy Shop and the Gallery, and once it even affected the Main Menu!

Anyways, I have the prima guide for the game (which I've not accessed until now). If anyone wants to know the name of a final smash or something, you can ask me.

Never heard of a glitch like that before. See before the year 2000 mainly in the 80's and 90's the developers took their time to develop the games because that is when quality was put first now they put that last and go for profit rather than quality. They now go way to fast when they create the games and they are not taking time to iron out all the glitches. They used to take time to do that. That could be why Melee was delayed 5 times for instance since it was delayed about 15 months or so.:)

uh what? no

glitches have... always existed. like, there have been sites that catalogued and experimented with glitches in Pokemon in gen 1 games because there were so many of them - and sometimes, individual glitches happen on a game, regardless of how old it is! we've been living through a huge advancement in technology, so games being made faster doesn't mean they're being made worse. older games took longer because we didn't have the tools and technology that's available today to speed the process up. there are the cases of rushed betas pushed out on to the market before they're ready, but I really doubt that ssb would be developed without quality and a good gaming experience in mind.

quality and profit tend to be kind of... intertwined in general? the more fun and higher quality a game is, the more it sells? what a strange and unique concept right?

Yeah but still they don't take extra time to iron out the glitches better. I would rather the games be late than on time so there is more time to fix the glitches. Yeah I knew gen 1 had so many glitches. That was because each game had too many empty slots that were never used. They were there for space fillers. If they had used the empty slots there would not be so many glitches which they fixed on the gen 1 remakes.:)

Yeah but still they don't take extra time to iron out the glitches better. I would rather the games be late than on time so there is more time to fix the glitches. Yeah I knew gen 1 had so many glitches. That was because each game had too many empty slots that were never used. They were there for space fillers. If they had used the empty slots there would not be so many glitches which they fixed on the gen 1 remakes.:)

The fact that there were empty slots had nothing to do with it. The glitch is when the game tries to access something in the memory that isn't there, not the fact that there's nothing there in the first place. If they had used those slots, you'd be finding Pokémon on the coast of Cinnabar instead of missingno (in fact, that does happen already), the Pokémon aren't supposed to be there, so the glitch is still there, it would just look different.

Some of the glitches don't even have anything to do with empty slots, like the ability to get onto cycling road without a bike. Games in general were definitely more glitchy back then. There were probably some glitches people didn't even know existed, so they wouldn't know to avoid them in the first place, but they do know now because games came out with those glitches.

Anyway, on-topic. Are there ways to change the controls? I've played the demo and I couldn't get into it because it didn't feel right, maybe I'm too used to GC controllers. I hear it isn't compatible with that analog stick you can buy to plug into the right of the 3DS?

Dr. Robotnik's deadly speed traps, wall jumping and Minus World in Mario 1, glitching through walls in every game ever, Evasion doing nothing in FFVI, Magic Defense being useless in FFVII, the glitched screens in endless arcade games like Pac Man if you keep going long enough... I could go on. Glitches are as old as programing.

I think Sakurai is the child in the room here....
This and similiar articles are on many sites at the moment
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/10/13/super-smash-bros-director-addresses-clone-criticisms/

"There are 3 fighters [Lucina, Dark Pit, and Doctor Mario] that are alternate models (clones) in the game. Each was originally a color variation, but during development, they were given balanced characteristics. Since their functionality had differences, forms were separated from each other. However, it was vital that this didn’t increase the required man-hours. Some relative tuning was sufficient as it wasn’t necessary to create balancing from scratch."

Sakurai:
"This is like a free dessert after a luxurious meal that was prepared free of charge. In a restaurant with this type of service, I don’t think there’s anybody who would say, “Change this to a meat dish!!”

Yet, I’m told [to do that] about Smash Bros. But, I guess since a lot of them are children, it cannot be helped"

"Could you please leave it to me to select [characters] with man-hours and costs in mind? However you look at it, the game is a great bargain buy as a result."

So pretty much instead of taking the time he rushed it?
one way It can be interpreted is you hire workers to build a house, the house is completed and to save time they painted the back walls all one colour while the front is perfect

That could be why Melee was delayed 5 times for instance since it was delayed about 15 months or so.:)
And yet it's still bugged so badly that pretty much half of the reason why people still play Melee is for the bugs it had (ie mostly wavedashing).

(Also, judging from the amount of half-finished content people dug up in the source code, those delays probably had a lot more to do with actually finishing the game than ironing out imperfections, mind.)

To my knowledge, the glitches found in Smash 4 thus far are unlikely to occour without specifically being exploited and/or not going to interfere with gameplay to any particularly noticeable extent; as far as glitches go, those are some pretty harmless one. You usually call bullshit when the glitches start cropping up constantly in places where you did not want to see them. Not really what's happening here.

Now, it's true that sometimes videogames these days sometimes get rushed into inappropriate deadlines (see also: Pokémon X & Y), but glitches haven't usually been the consequence of this issue -- and besides, even if they were, Nintendo can now release patches online and anyone with an internet connection or excuse to loiter in McDonalds can download them, and bam, problem solved.

Anyway, on-topic. Are there ways to change the controls? I've played the demo and I couldn't get into it because it didn't feel right, maybe I'm too used to GC controllers. I hear it isn't compatible with that analog stick you can buy to plug into the right of the 3DS?
I've seen a control edit option in the options; I haven't used it, though, so I don't know if it'll have what you want.

Anyways, I have the prima guide for the game (which I've not accessed until now). If anyone wants to know the name of a final smash or something, you can ask me.
What are Bowser Jr.'s, Dark Pit's, Dr. Mario's, Duck Hunt's and R.O.B.'s Final Smashes called, if they're in there?

What about the zoom glitch where if you zoom in in certain areas the camera goes to odd angles especially with the character angles? The Yoshi glitch is a really cool gitch. I saw that one on YouTube but the other I have not seen yet.:)

Bowser Jr.'s is Shadow Mario Paint, Dark Pit's is Dark Pit Staff, Dr. Mario's is Doctor Finale, Duck Hunt's is NES Zapper Posse, and ROB's is Super Diffusion Beam.
I'm not 100% sure that those are the official names, but it seems trustworthy enough.

The control edit option is kind of weird. You have to switch the controls; as far as I know, you can't actually assign the controls. For example, I switched shields/dodging to X, so it got switched with jumping. Same with Y; switched it from jumping to grabbing.

Wait. How did R.O.B. get in? Did they confirm him today? I have not checked the site yet.:)

I did not see anything on the site about him until yoday and I check everyday except weekends because they don't do updates on the weekends at all.:)

I don't have the game XD. It will be awhile before I can get it. The only game I bought hot off the press was Pokemon Colosseum back in 2004 when it had only been out 11 days. Then last year I got Pokemon X download as soon as it was released at 9 PM PST on 10/11/13 which was midnight 10/12/13. Those were the only times I ever got the games virtually on time. That is why I check the site for updates regularly XD.:)

You see I have been on that site for nearly 8 years and they have the most up to date news on just about everything Pokemon related and that includes Smash Bros. They have the latest news as soon as it is released. They are much faster than this site as well. Not saying this is a bad site but it is slower because this site has way less members than most Pokemon fan sites alone. That is why I have been there 8 years and that is my home for everything Pokemon and always will be XD. I am also one of the few that helped the staff get some rules enforced over the years as well. Thanks to me or they probably would not have the rules they have as of now.:)

You see I have been on that site for nearly 8 years and they have the most up to date news on just about everything Pokemon related and that includes Smash Bros. They have the latest news as soon as it is released. They are much faster than this site as well. Not saying this is a bad site but it is slower because this site has way less members than most Pokemon fan sites alone. That is why I have been there 8 years and that is my home for everything Pokemon and always will be XD. I am also one of the few that helped the staff get some rules enforced over the years as well. Thanks to me or they probably would not have the rules they have as of now.:)

Thanks fine for Pokemon news because everyone knows that PokeBeach and Serebii are the best with news, but Smash isn't even a Pokemon spinoff and you're better off looking at Smash fansites for info since the offical site won't reveal secret characters on account of being, you know, secret.

Back
Top Bottom