• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Super Smash Bros.: Conspiracy

Megaman groaned and threw his head back. Great. I have to do what I can with my hands. We're screwed. But he forced a smile and looked at Yuri. "I don't think I've introduced myself. I'm Megaman, but my friends and family call me Rock!"

Yuri smiled and stuck out her hand, "My name's Yuri Sakazaki. Nice to meet you, Rock. Hope we can resolve this mess soon, hehe."

Yuri once again looked over Megaman, "So you two are also... robots?"

Crazy Hand had returned to his "throne room" which consisted merely of a small platform in the middle of the darkest shadow in the room, when Mecha Sonic teleported in

"Crazy Hand, I regret to inform you that Bass-"

"Has betrayed us... double crossed us.... back-stabbed us... left our cause during the course of the battle... skirmish."

Mecha Sonic, for a moment, looked taken aback. "How did you find out? I know for a fact that Saturn has not spoken with you-"

"I have my methods... my sources, and it is because of those that I found out the events of the battle. Tell me, why did you not finish... eliminate... kill any of them?"

Mecha paused for a moment. To Crazy Hand, it seemed that the robot was trying to think of a reason that wasn't an excuse. After a long pause the mechanical hedgehog said:

"Because I still believe they can be of use to your plan."

It was then that Crazy Hand remembered what the fighter had told him when the two had first spoken to one another:

I am playing for a greater prize, Crazy Hand. A prize that involves keeping some of the fighters under the servitude of your counterpart alive... alive longer than the others, that's for sure.

The glove turned around, without saying a word

"I take that means I am dismissed?" Mecha Sonic said. When no response came, he turned around and jetted out.

That fighter... that traitor said that he was playing for a higher game involving the survival of the foes... the enemies. And now Mecha Sonic more or less says the same exact thing... repeats the earlier statement.

Could the fighter be also working with... working for Mecha Sonic?

Megaman took Yuri's hand and shook it. "It's nice to meet you too. And, yeah, we are," he replied. Maybe Bass isn't as damaged as I thought... he wondered. ...But he did get knocked out. He sighed. What else can I do, though? Megaman turned his attention to his leg.

He carefully squeezed it, wincing as he did. "I think I just cracked the bone, but the wiring and everything is okay." I hope, that is. "I think that I can just do what you humans do." He looked at Yuri. "Could you find some sticks and some cloth? I need to hold my leg in place."

Mecha Sonic had just exited the throne room when he saw a nearby building start shaking before exploding, with chunks of stone raining down.

Intrigued, the robot teleported over to find Saturn deactivating all of his weapons. One look at the building- or rather, what little was left of it -told Mecha everything he needed to know.

"Frustrated over the outcome, are you? Are you really so frustrated that you have to vent on that building while in Saturn Final mode?"

Without looking at Mecha, Saturn said: "Of course I am. I'm surprised you aren't, considering that you're a killing machine."

Mecha let off a cold laugh.

"A killing machine I may be, but I also have cunning, Saturn. Even if we kill those inferior beings, more will take their place. We have to remember the ultimate goal."

"You keep saying that," Saturn said, "but will it be achieved? Bass is on their side now, and if he overheard the truth-"

Mecha Sonic teleported in front of Saturn's face.

"Bass has no idea of the truth. Lest we forget, we have always made sure that no others are around when we speak of the greater goal."

He floated upward, saying: "You're too cautious, Saturn, and that's understandable, given your past. But fear not. I know that we will achieve our ultimate goal. Just be a little more patient."

((Remind me: Why am I bothering with Duftmon? Anyway, I suppose I shouldn't expect to be waited on. I'll move on with Meta Knight until I can do something.))

Meta Knight continued to soar well over the crumbling buildings and landscape below until the scenery began to look normal. He was flying away from where the skirmish had taken place, in the opposite direction of Crazy Hand's servants. There was someone he felt needed to be paid a visit.

Eventually, the ground below began to fade out as Meta Knight picked up speed. Blackness seemed to crash over the land as he neared his destination, then washed out by a golden sea, until darkness won over again, leaving nothing but glittering traces of sunlight on the ocean. They, too, eventually faded to stars in an endless expanse; space, it seemed. The only solid matter in this realm was Meta Knight, a platform in the distance--and the being Meta Knight had come to see.

Meta Knight was almost close enough to light down on the platform, an eternally suspended strip in the middle of nowhere. He gave a few swift flaps and landed lightly on one end of the platform. It looked as though he was alone, but Meta Knight knew that this was not so.

"Master Hand?" Silent was the reply. "I must see you."

A further pause, and Meta Knight almost said something more. That was before he heard the low, haunting laughter.

"You must? How commanding of you."

Meta Knight was faced with an imposing white glove.

"Have you come to challenge me? There is a war going on--are you one of Crazy Hand's rogues?"

"No. I am a loner who has come to warn you, as I wish the best for this world. Hear me out." Meta Knight nodded to the deity. "You may already know this. Your supporters staked out at the light shaft, planning to draw attention to Crazy Hand's. It worked. No one was killed on either side, however. Though there may be more, I now know at least some of your enemies." He went on to describe Mecha Sonic, Saturn, and Duftmon, including that Bass seems to have turned against Crazy Hand.

"Your knowledge is welcomed, warrior. But your non-affiliation... worries me. How do I know you that you haven't been seeing my counterpart as well?"

"If I told you, what would my word mean if you doubted me?" Meta Knight retorted, then added, "That is a risk you take."

((I'll add on to this later.))

Saturn followed Mecha Sonic as the blue robot floated across Crazy Hand's territory. After a long silence, Saturn eventually spoke:

"By the way... when you spoke with Crazy Hand, did he mention how close it was to being completed?"

"No," Mecha said without looking at Saturn, "he simply seemed... concerned about us leaving all the fighters alive. I had to remind him about our greater prize."

"Yes, yes," Saturn muttered, irritated, "greater game, higher prize, bigger plan; whatever it is, it's a reason to keep those weaklings alive. I understand that we need them to fight in order to hasten its completion, but certainly their deaths could put a rush to the completion?"

"Perhaps," Mecha said, "But if they do not, then we will be left without any way to complete it," Mecha said, "and then everything would fall apart. Have patience, Saturn. We will win in the end."

Saturn made the derisive noise, "For a killing machine, you sure know how to show restraint. That certainly isn't like you."

"I show restraint because I know that if it is completed, the deaths of our enemies will become so much better. We need only wait a little longer, Saturn. Trust me."

"Fine. I'll believe you for now. Is that all?"

"Yes, until I find out more." Meta Knight went to take off, then stopped. Something was nagging at the back of his mind, something he thought he needed to address.

"Well? Aren't you going?"

He paused. "That rumor about Crazy Hand's defection at the hands of one of our fighters... I think..." Meta Knight looked to his side. "No. Forget it." I know too little.

He lifted off and away, leaving Master Hand to watch before fading away into the darkness of his domain.

Red was walking along a trail. He saw a tree. He decided to have his Ivysaur get some berries from a tree.

"Don't worry, Ivysaur. We won't have to run away for much longer."

Back
Top Bottom