• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 8 - GAME OVER]

Re: Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 1]

Wow I left for a while before stuff happened and then I came back and the thread exploded :(

Okay, so I was gone for a long time, but still.

Anyway, Karkat, I think you're being too eager - you can only evolve once per night, according to the sign-up thread. I'm assuming that means one level, anyhow. So even if you've got enough posts to reach ~super secret level five~, you'll probably have to wait four nights - and, as usual with roleclaims of useful roles, we can be fairly sure you'll be targeted soon. And with healers probably just about to reach level two, even if you're doctor bait, there's still a pretty good risk of your death. Assuming you're telling the truth and aren't looking for people to kill, etc, etc.

Besides that, would Negrek be the person mentioned in "I'll leave signups open for another day or so (unless we hit too many people) because there's at least one more person I know was intending to join"? Because... haha.

Also everyone's still a vanilla (except the mafia killing role), Legendaryseeker99, so that's not likely even if the terrorist had a reason to do so.

Maybe the wonder Chef can heal with food? People say the best cure is warm chicken soup*

((*Even though the Common Cold =/= a gunshot))

EDIT: And you can indeed go 1 > 5 if you have the posts. Kratos said that in the rules

I think I remembering reading somewhere that you can evolve multiple levels in one night. Let me check...

Sign-up thread said:
If you earn enough points to progress to an even later evolution, you are also allowed to skip directly to that one (e.g., if you are vanilla and post enough to evolve to either weak OR standard power role, you can choose standard without evolving to weak first).

So since I have probably had seven posts right now, I can get to my third level, instead of just going to my second level.

Some of our weak forms might be useful though, unfortunately, mine isn't...

I... am somewhat suspicious but I am a cautious person and feeling like deciding anything on the first day is just... eh.

Abstain

I just thought of this and it might make for an interesting (perhaps fruitful? perhaps not) thread of discourse to follow while waiting for something more interesting to happen or for the day to end:

On the sign-up thread's role list, what level is described in your one-line role description? I have four levels, the lowest of which is vanilla, and the role description in the the sign-up thread is for level 3. I'm wondering whether most people have both more and less powerful levels than are described, or if the descriptions are mostly of highest-level or lowest-level powers. Or even if I'm the odd one out whose role has levels not described by the thread, and most people's roles are just variations of intensity of their role description.

But we can't unevolve, if anybody has a somewhat good lower level role. Anyway, would a terrorist be a vanilla innocent or vanilla mafia? Now that I think of it, I'm a bit confused... and how would a terrorist get an upgrade, anyway? Being able to explode two people?

I just thought of this and it might make for an interesting (perhaps fruitful? perhaps not) thread of discourse to follow while waiting for something more interesting to happen or for the day to end:

On the sign-up thread's role list, what level is described in your one-line role description? I have four levels, the lowest of which is vanilla, and the role description in the the sign-up thread is for level 3. I'm wondering whether most people have both more and less powerful levels than are described, or if the descriptions are mostly of highest-level or lowest-level powers. Or even if I'm the odd one out whose role has levels not described by the thread, and most people's roles are just variations of intensity of their role description.

Mine is accurate to level 3, but level 2 has the same ability but can screw it up under certain conditions at a 50% chance. Luckily, I'm at level 3.

Terrorist could maybe go from vanilla mafia -> chance of killing someone -> kill someone definitely -> kill 2 people?? Dunno. But maybe Emil is connected to Richter somehow like how Marta is connected to Emil? Just a guess.

@Seritinajii

Oh, hm, missed that bit. That could mean that there are weak roles better in some ways than a strong one, then? I wonder how that would happen - maybe some roles have increased risks along with increased powers, although I figured levelling up is usually about decreasing risks/increasing accuracy. Oh, well, more incentive to post! ... on the first day, and never again (but we won't let that happen, right guys?)

(*crickets*)

Alright, so that means we could probably assume that most useful roles are going to be maxed out by night 2 or 3 (unless they are possessed by quiet or uninterested people, but then why are they in this game), and also people with minimal posts may be useless but also harmless.

Alright, so that means we could probably assume that most useful roles are going to be maxed out by night 2 or 3 (unless they are possessed by quiet or uninterested people, but then why are they in this game), and also people with minimal posts may be useless but also harmless.

Eh, it's fair to assume that will mostly be the case, but we can't discount that someone like, say, an inspector or a doctor could just be vewwy vewwy quiet. and hunting wabbits.

I think the natural talkativeness of the person (combined with the incentive to talk) will determine the power of the role, rather than the potential power of the role determining how much a person talks.

Eh, it's fair to assume that will mostly be the case, but we can't discount that someone like, say, an inspector or a doctor could just be vewwy vewwy quiet. and hunting wabbits.

I think the natural talkativeness of the person (combined with the incentive to talk) will determine the power of the role, rather than the potential power of the role determining how much a person talks.

I think they were saying that people who don't post much are useless but harmless because they won't really be able to level up their role. (I agree with the second part of your post, though.)

Hm, I wonder if all the roles have at least four levels? I can't really think of ways for the terrorist to level up besides their explosion having a chance of not working or only killing the terrorist, or being able to explode multiple people at a higher level. Or maybe they find out who is Mafia at their highest level? (I would be so amused if a terrorist's explosion actually failed, though, haha. This happened in a game once and it was the most awkward thing.)

Yeah, well, too quiet and they won't be doing much healing or inspecting to speak of, or it'll have low chances of happening, so.

Who needs quiet players, anyway >:| (Answer: innocents.)

Yes, the ability to converse with the Mafia seems very plausible.
I think that all roles have at least four levels, and I think the sign-up thread said that.
EDIT: Ninja'd

I think they were saying that people who don't post much are useless but harmless because they won't really be able to level up their role. (I agree with the second part of your post, though.)

I was more responding to the first part (that the useful roles will be maxed out by night 2 or 3) but yeah, you're right.

...wait a minute.

Do mafia roles level up?

In that case, anyone who doesn't post is either a) vanilla or b) mafia.

So "lynch the inactive" would make a great strategy for this game... keep that in mind later on.

...wait a minute.

Do mafia roles level up?

I would imagine so, since (off the top of my head) two of the mafia roles are "gets a certain number of poisonings" and "gets a certain number of unblockable kills", both of which could get more poisonings/kills upon level up.

I think mafia roles do level up; the listed ones all have roles other than standard killing, after all. Unblockable kill, poison, roleblock, and framer, in addition to the standard killing (wait, does that mean they could kill up to three people in one night? Plus the serial killer...)

But they have that mafiakill regardless of posting, so maybe hunting wabbits is a good strategy for one or two.

Edit: I will skin the next ninja and write the lefthand names of god on the inside of its skin in purple ink.

So maybe instead of lynching the people that never post like in every other game, we try to go for more active players?

Except then we would most likely end up lynching powered-up innocents, and that would be a pretty big loss.

...wait a minute.

Do mafia roles level up?

In that case, anyone who doesn't post is either a) vanilla or b) mafia.

So "lynch the inactive" would make a great strategy for this game... keep that in mind later on.

So you're saying that by lynching inactives, we wouldn't be losing anything and we'd have a chance of getting a mafioso in the process? I understand (and agree with) that part, but what does the Mafia levelling up or not levelling up have to do with that?

Back
Top Bottom