• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 8 - GAME OVER]

Re: Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 4]

Yeah, I meant get Raine to heal one person and have Genis heal someone else.

It would tell the Mafia exactly who not to attack that night, wouldn't it? Knowing who's going to (potentially) be healed makes everyone else easy targets for them. Well, unless we say something like: "Raine: heal this dude; other doctor: heal anyone else" (I think that's what Kam was saying?) which would at least help us avoid healer clash, although that doesn't seem to have been a problem yet. Making any of the doctors' targets public would make the people being healed targets for the rolestopper, though, but I guess the Mafia and the rolestopper can't communicate so I don't know if that would be a big risk to take.

Raine: Heal this person, this one, this one, or this one. Other: Heal x, y, z, or n. That could help with targetting issues if we use that strategy of communication.

Hm. I suppose. If we assume Karkat doesn't need it because of the shield, the next most active people would be me, Legendaryseeker99, Applejack, and Seritinajii, if we think that's how they'll do it.

How about we tell Raine to only heal players who are odd-numbered on the player list at the top of the thread, and Sheena to only heal even-numbered?

(Raine can be encouraged to heal either GAS or Applejack, and Sheena can be encouraged to heal either Legendaryseeker99 or Seri, but leaving basically the whole player list open while negating healer clash optimizes our Mafia-thwarting potential.)

What? Why are people wanting to heal me? The only useful inventions I have are the shield ring, which I gave to Karkat, and the smoke bomb, which I get at level three, and probably has some sort of protective ability. I don't even know what the megaphone does.

I'm virtually useless in terms of night actions, because I'm an alien deactivator and the alien is already dead...

And we don't know anything about Applejack, other than she's Innocent.
So the choices are GAS, and me if they feel like it.

I was just going by GAS's list, which I suppose it made based on who's been the most active. Off the top of my head, Mai, Applebloom and I are other somewhat talkative/useful players (even if perhaps not in this game) who are even-numbered.

And we don't know anything about Applejack, other than she's Innocent.
So the choices are GAS, and me if they feel like it.

Since we know so few roles, I think the point was more to preserve our useful talkers than roles.

Final vote count:
1 Cirrus
11 Dannichu

It's a sad day when you're so baffled by the enemy's behavior that you can find no course of action other than bludgeoning innocent people. They are pretty sure that's what Dannichu is, after all: just a harmless, innocent person who's done nothing but mind her own business. There comes a time, though, when you need to stop minding your own business and start minding other people's business—to be specific, the time when a bunch of bloodthirsty maniacs bent on world domination are running around town unchecked—and if you're not willing to be a little nosy at a time like that then you're clearly just as bad as they are! Sort of! Um.

...okay, so it's a pretty terrible reason to kill an innocent person, but they really can't come to any other decision about what to do. A few hefty staff-swings later and her head bears a startling resemblance to Negrek's, which she had so admired but a few days ago. As a formality, they search her body for evidence of Vanguard involvement; as expected, they find absolutely nothing. Their faith in their moral judgment thus reinforced, they shuffle off to bed. Maybe they'll actually be able to make logical decisions after some sleep.

Dannichu is dead. She was not mafia.

Day will begin in seventy-two hours.

+ a friendly reminder that the phase-change notification you get should serve as an indicator of whether or not you're getting an evolution PM. I change the phase after all PMs are out, so if you see the notification and haven't heard from me, you're not evolving tonight.

Last edited:
Re: Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [NIGHT 4]

"Not feeling so cocky now, are you, Meltokio? The death toll only goes up from here—I'll see to it personally if I must.

-The Vanguard High Command"

At first Squirrel thinks it's just a pile of trash. It's an easy mistake for her to make, distracted as she is by the earlier discovery of Wargle's knife-wound-riddled body a short distance away from the Vanguard's most recent correspondence. And it's misshapen like a pile of trash, and horribly black and brown like so much rotten refuse, and it's giving off a faint odor of burnt... something to boot. She all but ignores it until she sees something glistening nearby; curiosity piqued, she draws closer to the trash, and...

...oh god. Oh, sweet Martel, what—what happened to—oh god

Thankfully, when Mai stumbles across the scene a few minutes later she has the presence of mind not to just sit there and stare, jaw slackened and eyes wide, like a stunned bunny at the scene before her. A slightly closer inspection reveals a badly burned body, probably female; the glistening object on the ground a few feet away seems to be Arylett Dawnsborough's house key. By the time the others have arrived, minus those who had agreed to help dispose of Wargle, she has done her best to locate any incriminating evidence and has come up with nothing. Mai backs away from the corpse, taking a few deep breaths of fresher air when she feels she's moved far enough; Squirrel still has not moved from her spot, and it takes several good shakes to snap her out of her state of shock. No one remembers seeing any fires or smelling any smoke during the night; it's anyone's guess how she came to be immolated like this. All they know is that it's definitely... distressing.

Wargle is dead. She was not mafia.

Arylett Dawnsborough is dead. She was not mafia.

Seventy-two hours for discussion. (die projects die)

Last edited:
Re: Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 5]

I can't believe no-one has posted yet o.0

Can't resist it:
DOUBLE KILL!

Well, guys, I didn't do anything last night, and I didn't level up either.

So, the first question: Why Wargle? And by extension, why Arylett?

I think this might be lover death (idk, are there lovers in this game?). I think so, at least.

No lovers in this game.

Without flavour, we don't know if they're likely to be connected, but we do have two known killers other than you, Karkat. It could be a mafia and serial killer kill, or maybe one's a poisoning - though likely not the latter, as it would seem to be a waste. The last list shows neither roleclaimed, right?

But maybe the purpose was just to avoid the people likely to be targeted by a doctor, so the mafia could actually get in a kill for once.

I'd have thought Wargle was experienced enough to be a doctor target, but I guess that posting numbers made her low enough on the radar for the mafia. Hmm..

Since there's a lack of information we got so far, I am roleclaiming as a streetear and making myself a huge target. So far I know one healer died already (there's one healer left) and last night's information tells me someone was talking about following a person and being a fool believing what the person saying. I am not sure who has the role, but from my best judgement, I think a voyeur or a tracker died last night since they both follow someone to get information.

Another information I got is there are 5 people who have a very powerful role and it includes me since I can pass on information and the mafia would kill me this night since I know too much.

Last edited:

Uh-oh, one healer is dead. Well, hopefully the healer heals you. Did you hear anything about the inspectors?

Sadly no, I don't have any information relating to the inspecters. Just clues that determine what role that person is. Sometimes it's obvious, but sometimes it's not. By the way, Syl has not been posting for awhile and roleclaim as a tracker. It's possible that Syl is lying, but the description could be describing a voyeur.

I am at level 3 right now and it doesn't take many posts to reach my role and to have reliable action. I wonder if it's the same as the other 5 players who have more power than other players.

What exactly does 'having a very powerful role' mean? Do you mean them being level five, or the role they have being powerful by itself (like inspector)?

Since there's a lack of information we got so far, I am roleclaiming as a streetear and making myself a huge target. So far I know one healer died already (there's one healer left) and last night's information tells me someone was talking about following a person and being a fool believing what the person saying. I am not sure who has the role, but from my best judgement, I think a voyeur or a tracker died last night since they both follow someone to get information.

Another information I got is there are 5 people who have a very powerful role and it includes me since I can pass on information and the mafia would kill me this night since I know too much.

Could you be more specific about that second thing (the one about someone following someone)? Are you allowed to copy and paste what you've been told? Also, when did you receive each bit of information? (And what level are you? etc. etc.)

Five very powerful roles: hm, maybe that could mean the roles with god-tier evolutions. Did it specifically tell you that you were one of them (if so, how many levels do you have?) or are you just guessing?

Back
Top Bottom