• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 8 - GAME OVER]

Re: Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 5]

I would certainly think that the five people with powerful roles simply have hella badass final evolutions. Unfortunately I don't know what my level five power actually *is* so I don't know if I'm one of them or not! (Although I'd doubt it anyway.)

But our remaining doctor should definitely protect Kirby tonight then, since his role is incredibly useful. I agree with Applebloom: what level are you at? do you only receive more bits of information as you level up, or what...?

It's possible Syl is only active during the night, so she might not be lying about her roleclaim and be just rather quiet during the day... hmmm. I can't offer a lot of insight, I'm afraid, since my boyfriend is sulking on his bed in the corner :P we need to go to the shop and buy more juice, apparently.

Oops, Kirby's at level 3 - basic reading comprehension failure. Sorry about that.

Applejack-- you've roleclaimed as something "major". You might as well tell us what it is, since by day 5 you probably have a good deal of information to give to us.

I would certainly think that the five people with powerful roles simply have hella badass final evolutions. Unfortunately I don't know what my level five power actually *is* so I don't know if I'm one of them or not! (Although I'd doubt it anyway.)

I think the mere presence of a level five power would probably qualify you; most of us have said we only have four levels (Karkat excepted), right?

I levelled up to my fourth (final) level last night. I pickpocketed Flower Doll last night and got an inspection off her, so she's probably telling the truth about being an inspector (or else she's a role that doesn't correspond to my four powers and was instead randomized).

Would you all rather me focus on inspecting people or focus on pickpocketing them to find out what their powers are?

(Oh! and also I found a megaphone. I don't know what it does, but it said I can't use it myself; it gets activated by some event/action which Kratos was vague about, then it does its thing. One use only.)

Since we are not allow to copy and paste our information (it was one of the rules on the first post), I will summarize what I got each night and note if it's important at the end. I was a vanilla on night 0 and evolved on the next night.

Night 1: Receive vague information and may be misleading. Reach to level 2 after posting at least 2.

- 5 other people are powerful and could be dangerous as me.

Conclusion: Unfortunately, it doesn't tell me how they are more powerful then other characters. I would think that it refers to people who have useful roles like inspecters and what nots, have a level 5 role, or have a god-tier evolution. I have a level 5 role but it only tells me the number of posts to reach it.

Night 2: (Level 2) The Vanguard (mafia) has a setback but isn't a total lost for them.

Conclusion: Could it mean that the mafia wasn't able to have their kill go through? This information doesn't seens to be useful since it's vague. The total lost refers to an innocent died along with a mafia.

Night 3: Level up to 3. The information I have is more reliable.
- A healer named Raine Sage died.

Night 4: There was a little boy who talks about following someone. It states he is gullible for believing what his target says.

- I didn't get any significant from last night and it mentions it in the information I got.

- Could it mean a tracker or a voyeur is still active?

- Or my lack of information is due to a rolestopper? Is it possible the information can be block from inspecters too?

- Do we have a player who is a little boy in this game? Maybe if someone who knew this theme well can help us.

I thought I was going to level up, but I am short of posts and I need 16 posts to level up to 4.

Last edited:

Night 2: (Level 2) The Vanguard (mafia) has a setback but isn't a total lost for them.

Conclusion: Could it mean that the mafia wasn't able to have their kill go through? This information doesn't seens to be useful since it's vague. The total lost refers to an innocent died along with a mafia.

Wasn't that the night Zackrai died?

(Oh! and also I found a megaphone. I don't know what it does, but it said I can't use it myself; it gets activated by some event/action which Kratos was vague about, then it does its thing. One use only.)

Well, at least I vaguely know what it does now. Your welcome.

Applejack-- you've roleclaimed as something "major". You might as well tell us what it is, since by day 5 you probably have a good deal of information to give to us.

Er, what? I never said I was major - Kratos explicitly stated in the sign-up thread that evolution isn't always profitable. It's possible that my mystery level 5 power is actually rubbish and I'm not one of the people Kirby was told about. Which I think is possible since I'm Corrine the Mirror. I'm currently at level 4 which gives me a 50/50 chance of rebounding an attack, which I don't think happened last night since I wasn't notified of anything.

ANYWAY.

Kirby: possibly the 'little boy' refers to Genis (Inspector)? Flower Doll is him, right? Probably we'll need to ask her about that...?

Wasn't that the night Zackrai died?

Yes, Chief Zackrai died that night along with Derpy Hooves. Karkat killed him because he didn't change his vote (which he voted off Karkat). I think the setback is losing one of their mafia members but they manage to kill off an innocent. Or maybe Chief has a minor mafia role and it doesn't matter much to the mafia.

The description from last night could be an inspecter since Genis does look like a little boy. Did Flower Doll level up to level 2? Most likely she got the weak standard role and is the naive inspecter right now. Flower Doll, who did you inspect last night?

Edit: I was wrong about it, Stormecho was killed on night 2. Chief and Derpy died on day 2. Looking back on day 3, the message is different from the other letters. It might be that they have a new leader.

Last edited:

1. Brute Lualdi – Hitman: ?
2. Alice – Poisoner: Zackrai?
3. Decus – Roleblocker: ?
4. Hawk – Framer: ?

5. Richter Abend – Terrorist: ?
6. Aqua – Rolestopper: ?

7. Lloyd Irving – Vigilante: Karkat
8. Colette Brunel – Jack-of-all-Trades: Jack
9. Genis Sage – Inspector: Flower Doll
10. Raine Sage – Doctor: one of the dead
11. Sheena Fujibayashi – Doctor: ?
12. Zelos Wilder – Doublevoter: ?
13. Presea Combatir – Commuter: ?
14. Regal Bryant – Tracker: Syl
15. Kratos Aurion – Bodyguard: ?
16. Yuan – Streetear: Kirbychan
17. Botta – Voyeur: ?
18. Dirk Irving – Inventor: Legendaryseeker99
19. Noishe – Friendly Neighbor: Derpy
20. Corrine – Mirror: Applejack
21. Tenebrae – Distractor: ?
22. Marta Lualdi – Alien Deactivator: Seri
23. The Wonder Chef – Pitcher: ?

24. Mithos Yggdrasill – Serial Killer: ?
25. Emil Castagnier – Alien: Squirtles

The description from last night could be an inspecter since Genis does look like a little boy. Did Flower Doll level up to level 2? Most likely she got the weak standard role and is the naive inspecter right now. Flower Doll, who did you inspect last night?

I inspected Karkat Vantas and got innocent, which means I'm either sane, naive or insane, depending on whether he's telling the truth. From what you got, Kirby, I'm assuming that means I am naive.

Now all we need to do is figure out whether he actually is telling the truth, though your information does make it seem otherwise.

ummm guys I thought my innocence was sorta proven by that corpse of Zackrai in the corner???

I don't exactly remember the flavor, but unless you explicitly said 'okay guys I'm going to kill Chief Zackrai now' or it has KARKAT written all over the corpse couldn't you just be mafia and when your teammate dies say 'oh yeah I killed him'? I'm going to have to reread that discussion though.

I think I explained this before, but:

1) The Mafia could not have been responsible for the killing of Zackrai.
2) I was the only person with motive to kill Zackrai.

So therefore I am either Lloyd or Yggdrasil, and I have truthfully roleclaimed as the former.

Is it a yes/no question?
If not, ask what role in the Mafia is dead.
If so, ask is Zackrai really was the poisoner.

It's not a yes or no question. I still get the information like level 3 except I can choose what type of information I get instead getting a random information each night. I forgot that I can only choose the topic and get the information there. Hopefully I am lucky to find important information on the players.

Edit: Forget what I said about asking questions. I will choose the topic and if I get lucky, I can get valuable information. I can't ask questions, but choose the topic. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

Karkat's alliance, to finally end the suspicions? Or maybe ask for info about the serial killer or letters?

It's a waste of a question. Really, there are so many things you could ask about...

Say, maybe "Third-party roles"? Or "Killing roles", since that could either confirm my innocence or reveal the identity of the serial killer or a mafia member or something.

Since we are not allow to copy and paste our information (it was one of the rules on the first post), I will summarize what I got each night and note if it's important at the end. I was a vanilla on night 0 and evolved on the next night.

Night 1: Receive vague information and may be misleading. Reach to level 2 after posting at least 2.

- 5 other people are powerful and could be dangerous as me.

Conclusion: Unfortunately, it doesn't tell me how they are more powerful then other characters. I would think that it refers to people who have useful roles like inspecters and what nots, have a level 5 role, or have a god-tier evolution. I have a level 5 role but it only tells me the number of posts to reach it.

- A healer named Raine Sage died.

Night 4: There was a little boy who talks about following someone. It states he is gullible for believing what his target says.

- I didn't get any significant from last night and it mentions it in the information I got.

- Could it mean a tracker or a voyeur is still active?

- Or my lack of information is due to a rolestopper? Is it possible the information can be block from inspecters too?

- Do we have a player who is a little boy in this game? Maybe if someone who knew this theme well can help us.

I thought I was going to level up, but I am short of posts and I need 16 posts to level up to 4.

Why would Genis, the inspector, be following someone? Anyway, are you level 3 yet?

Genis would presumably be stalking their target to figure out what they were doing, and by extension if they were innocent or guilty.

Back
Top Bottom