• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Tales of TCoD

It was white.

White... nothing but wait... light?

It seemed that everything was so bright!

And it was white.

Well... was this... what being dead felt like...? Hmm... she didn't really... feel like she was dead. But... was it... heaven? What /was/ this place?

"Arylett..."

"Huh...?"

"Arylett... I'm so proud of you. You've gotten so strong." Voices... Zora's voice... and she could see the whiteness flicker for a moment... Zora was smiling at her.

"There's not much to be proud of, really. I lost... disgracefully. I just... wanted you to listen to me... destruction... there is nothing left here. Destruction means rebirth! The rebirth of a new TCoD..." Replied Arylett to what she knew was only the past.

"Well you fought your best."

"Huh...? Wha...?" She turned around to face the voice and in the whiteness, far away... there was a figure.

"It's... it's you..."

"Yes Lett. It is me. Tell me, how do you feel?" The figure continued to be far off in the distance... a shade...

"Umm... well... guilty, I suppose... bad... like I betrayed my friends... I really want to be friends with them again... like this whole... destruction plan... is just a bit silly maybe... and it's not worth losing them over."

"Well it's your choice to make really. Tell me this Arylett... who do you trust more? Your friends... or some person you barely know?"

"My... friends..." Arylett paused, looking at the figure out in the distance longingly.

"Then you know in your heart what you must do. I believe in you, whatever decision you make."

"R... rrr..." She could barely say that name. Arylett reached her hand out to the figure and for one brief moment, their hands touched.

And the white was silent once more.

((Okay.. go ahead and ignore me then. >> The evil plan wasn't even to conquer the forums..))
Evoli stopped suddenly, looking slightly irritated.
"Celestial, go back or stay with one of the others. I need to do this alone.. that's a direct order."
She really wasn't mad, but it would probably make him leave. It was for his safety, special forms or not. She could take care of herself (She was Evoli!) but any teammates being captured.. not good.
Not waiting for him to answer, she turned and ran lightly towards the other team base, careful to remain hidden in the shadows.

Slowly, those green eyes fluttered open, and the first thing Zora saw was bright white fur.

"Chimani..." she whispered, to the fox's surprise.

"Zora... when you didn't wake up from the potion, I thought we'd lost you..."

"The fight... who won...? Where's my prod...?"

"No one won. You almost did kill her, then you... lowered your prod and fainted. I swear, we almost lost the both of you..."

"I... I couldn't kill her... I trained her myself, I couldn't bear to... Then... the dream... I saw the party from when we won Forum Games... then... he spoke to me... somehow..."

"Zora... there's something you should know... she's right next to you."

Arylett was still, her body motionless save for the small sips of breath that caused her chest to rise and fall.

She didn't seem conscious yet...

All she could see was the white... the white... so bright... it was like light.

And from it there seemed a far off distance voice... another one... but it didn't seem trapped in the past as the previous voice she had heard had been. So familar... did it sound...

Her body stirred a bit, but her eyes did not open as she softly mumbled...

"Zo... zorr... raaa...?"

"Ah~ They are waking up~" Midnight promptly smacked each of them on the forehead. "Pointless battle was pointless. ES please bind their wounds~" Then, He turned around and walked out of the room.

Zora whined in pain.

"Please don't do that... the buuuurrrrns..." she whimpered, before hearing... She turned her head meagerly, almost straining herself.

"Y-yes... it is m-meeee..."

Chimani watched intriguedly. She didn't understand. Why hadn't they left the enemy to die?

((Btw CB please pay attention to evoli~ She is also a DM and if you continue to ignore her posts I will be forced to remove you. And RT... In my eyes that battle was pointless... Some less... Violent ways would have sufficed. Like guilt))

A sharp pain suddenly grazed her forehead, as she heard herself squeal automatically in pain...

It seemed her own shriek had woken her up. The white, the light, the bright... it was slowly fading... and before her eyes materialized a room. With Midnight... and RandomTyphoon...

And...

"...Zo-zoraaa... whe-where... whe-where... owwww...."

"I'm... over herrrre..." Zora moaned, gasping in pain. she'd moved just a little too much, and the burns hurt like a bitch.

"Don't strain yourself..." Chimani urged, "You're already weak..."

"N-noooo... I want her... to hear what I have to say..."

"Fine..."

Arylett slowly, wincing in pain, turned her head to see a redheaded blurr that swam into her rather misty vision. Her mind still felt a bit hazy, but she seemed to sober up after spotting that blurr.

Her heart began to beat nervously... what things was Zora going to say to her...?

"Wha... whuh... issss... iiiit...?"

((Shoulda had a V8?))
Dragon grinned, and stepped forwards. "Hey EeveeSkitty, I can help out if you want." Wait, bandages? Where would she get.. Storm nudged her leg, and flicked her tail.
Thought ahead. Here, and handed a roll of gauze to her.
Where do you get this, Dragon shook her head, and split the roll with EeveeSkitty.
((Asspull? :D))

((ZOMG an asspull.))
"So should I." Typhoon took out a somewhat large syringe and needle. "I don't suppose they need morphine,right?"

(Oop. Uh, I probably shouls say this: morphine=pain meds.))

((ZOMG whar))
Dragon looked at the needle and winced.
"Uh, they seem in pain.. but I don't think anyone would want to be injected with that."
She started to bandage Zora's arm, as she was closer.

((...Asspull...?))

"No, no morphine..." Zora mumbled, "Don't you come near me... with that needle... Aaanyway... I apologize... I should not have been so quick to snap and attack you... But I want to know... why... did you go with her...?"

(;;Amused;; Hmm... asspull... interesting...)

"Dru-druggss... ple-please nooo... Don't... waaant..." She coughed a bit, suddenly feeling her mind go a lot clearer at the mention of morphine.

"Be-becaaause... I'll be... hoooneesst... the on-only way... I... I di-didn't... waaant to sa-save... TC...o...D... I wa-wanted... to des-destroy... it-it... for-forever... be-because... I... I want-wanted reve-revenge on... them. I fo-fooled... myself... in-into thi-thinking... it was... a no-noble caaaause... but..." She paused, breathing in. Even all this talking was taking too much damn effort, it was exhausting her. But she had to keep going. "I... didn-didn't do it... ex-except... ou-out of... re-reveeeenge..."

Arylett let out a sigh of relief that she had finally gotten her message and closed her eyes a bit to rest, though she was still conscious and aware of their prescence.

((Dragon, YOU said it. Either that, or these glasses are really fricked up.))
"Ah...right. It'll make you sleepy. I should really read the lables!" She stuck it back into her coat pocket, grinning sheepishly.

"But you won... You won against them, multiple times..." she paused to take a shuddering breath, "They... they will be destroyed... you and I again, our own hands, and our friends too... how does that sound...? They have it coming to them... Look what they did here... I'll bet you didn't know... the one heading them... could be so innocent-looking... make it seem justified when it's not..." She coughed violently. Oh god it hurt her chest, especially after that.

"Don't strain yourself..."

"Chimani, I'll be fine... Listen... they're the evil ones, and you joined them... do you see a problem there...? And can someone... bring me my iPod..."

Back
Top Bottom