• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tazers

The police try to do the best they can to subdue the criminals safely and wiithout incident. Tazers may be painful but how do you expect the police to do their jobs when everyone wants to nitpick on what the police can and cannot use to make safe save without someone getting killed

Criminals refuse to comply and some witnesses refuse to cooperate and everyday a police officer goes out on duty and persues a suuspect weather on foot or in a vehicle his or her life is on the line so how are the police supposed to defend themselfes.

Last edited:
ya i dunno man. what are you saying, i didn't honestly catch a word of that.

i mean obvi criminals wont cooperate that is kind of the whole point of a taser as it.... gasp... stuns people. as with everything it's all about the knowledge to use power responsibly and I expect cops to be able to handle that job.

i thought that would be a part of "using power responsibly" but thanks for spelling it out

Ok so what should they use then I meann in some places around the world they wanted to bad botons and in other places their were complaints of their flashlights being too long and almoast the size of a boton. In another area they wanted to ban pepperspray do you see were this is going here. Why cant the criminals just comply but no the police are the bad guys

So what do you expect them to do exacly.

I mean what methods should they use to take down these criminals since everyone seems to be a big expert on whats safe for both criminal and police officer and this dosint mean the criminal wont go violent on our police force

We seem to be putting their lives more at risk.

Is this the polices fault I mean they want to go to work and go home in one pice and I am fully aware of of some people that have lust for power and control.

Last edited:
I don't hate the police, I just think that some of them are too irresponsible to have tasers, let alone guns.
I'm not suggesting tasers be banned though, just used in moderation.

Taser someone if there's a threat. Don't taser people who aren't trying to hurt you. Don't taser someone already disabled.

Desolater, no one's saying the police don't have a right to defend themselves. afaik no one so far has said "ban tasers", they just want cops to you know not abuse them.

A guy charging at you and trying to attack you when you pull them over = taser for your safety (possible for the safety of others)

A hungry, thirsty man stuck in an airport for 10 hours, unable to speak with anyone because he doesn't know English, upset for incredibly obvious reasons =/= taser opportunity

Tasers are supposed to be non-lethal. So, when an officer gets a hold of this new toy, he ends up using it more often that his regular handgun. Because tasers are not supposed to kill, the officer is used to pulling it out of the holder, pointing it at people, and sometimes firing. Guns, on the other hand, are not so: since they are lethal, police use more caution when using them, and only fire them when they are in danger. So, what happens when you give an officer, accustomed to using a taser, a regular handgun? This.

Pay attention to the pig in the rear, who points his gun at the man below, shoots, then puts his hands to his head, as if in a state of disbelief. I think the officer was used to using a taser, which is why he fired so willingly, and why he looked surprised when he realized the man he shot was dead.

Which works fine if most of the citizens don't have guns.

Sadly, this is not the case in the US, but that's a different argument entirely.

If we don't have guns, who do?

a) Government
b) Criminals
c) All of the above

See what happens? If we don't have guns, how would we defend ourselves from criminals or a corrupt government?

So, what happens when you give an officer, accustomed to using a taser, a regular handgun?

If they're improperly trained they'll probably use it the way you speculated. If they're trained to handle both weapons differently and follow firearm codes and whatnot that, presumably, they teach in Police Schools*, then accidents are less likely to happen. This is presuming, of course, the average policeman is allowed guns in the first place but that's a completely different discussion altogether.

*Or whatever they're called.

If we don't have guns, who do?

a) Government
b) Criminals
c) All of the above

See what happens? If we don't have guns, how would we defend ourselves from criminals or a corrupt government?

Shit, man, I never realised this. My country and many others must be fucked without the wonder of firearms in the home!

counterpoint: europe has way tighter gun control laws and we somehow have lower crime rates than america

yeah i guess we're doing something right

also, relevant:
firearmssp4.png

Yeah, but he was rampaging around and throwing things.

So tossing a computer and table to the ground out of aggravation (not intending to hurt anyone, either) is a good excuse to taser him five frigging times.

yeah ok

Also, he complied with the police when they got to him. He stood against a wall when they gestured for him to do so. Plus, the cops made no effort to control the situation before they shocked him. The fact is, he had no reason to be shocked. He was not a threat to anyone (yet) and he obeyed the police.

The fact that the RCMP made damn near every effort they could to look good, including lying and suppressing incriminating video evidence, makes it that much worse.

Back
Top Bottom