• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

That's supposed to cure THAT?

Phantom

Uh, I didn't do it.
An old lady neighbor once told me that if you rub raw bacon on a wart and throw it over your left shoulder without looking where it went it would go away in two weeks.

Safe to say rubbing raw meat on yourself is a bit on the strange side.

But when I was little I had a wart issue. Big ol' nasty right on my damned thumb. Nothing seemed to get rid of it, we tried everything, all the pastes, liquids... even freezing them off at the doctor's didn't get rid of them. We were desperate.

Desperate enough to try bacon.

To this day I, in my heart, believed that that bacon cure worked... somehow. And it never came back.

Do you know any weird cures/home remedies? Family tricks?

drawing an X on mosquito bites with black or blue pen stops them itching. :O

my friend told me that if you have the hiccups, hold a fork to your forehead and drink a glass of water. then the hiccups stop.
i haven't tried this, but she said she did and it works.

I have definitely heard MD's one before, but I've been too busy to get around to trying it myself. Saddening, really.

My family just has the usual stuff, like rubbing dock leaves on nettle stings. But I mean as soon as I start coughing my mum pops out of nowhere with menthol crystals and shoves my face into a bowl of them, if that counts.

drawing an X on mosquito bites with black or blue pen stops them itching. :O

I can't remember and, being an Australian, you ought to know: is the "cut an X over a snake bite" thing something you're actually supposed to do?

I know that making an X on mosquito bites with your nail works 3x better than with a pen. >:C

I can't remember and, being an Australian, you ought to know: is the "cut an X over a snake bite" thing something you're actually supposed to do?

nah. I've never heard of it but my nanna's here and she says that's nonsense (so is sucking out the poison with your mouth). you're supposed to tightly bandage the wound and not move around a lot while you wait for an ambulance.

I've noticed that holding a cut onion up against bee stings definitely does seem to reduce the swelling, itching, etc. compared to stings that were not onion-ed. That's not as weird as the bacon wart thing though (it'd be nice to finally have a use for bacon, though, since I can't stand eating the stuff.)

Bathing in the rejuvenating blood of a hundred virgins allows you to live forever.

a hundred virgins

Good luck finding that many. Unless they don't have to be adult virgins, then you could probably just raid an elementary school or something.

18158_295748261427_806931_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom