• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The 2012 Metronome Contest

at least you might be able to lock-on + sheer cold some member of the audience! like, say, that darkrai at the judging stand.

Blazhy your appeal is done already here it is. (Though if pathos dies you can only get a score of 20, maximum.)

While I approve of being in the Draco Meteor bracket, I don't approve of my competition help why are there scary people in this bracket?

question: how high is the ceiling (if any)?
Quite high. Definitely out of reach for Pokémon who can't fly, float, climb or currently use a move that has a rising effect. An Explosion from stage level would have enough range to char it a little bit, but not enough to cause any real damage to it, unless somehow amplified.

You ignored my question if I am able to blow everything up with Judgement
Ah, didn't see that.

Well, the last one to do that actually scored pretty well, so, unless you make it worse, only the cleaning staff will really mind.

Does this include targets for attacks of our own design?
The contestant can bring along a dummy of sorts if they'd like. Nothing live, though.

can we attack the audience?
Yes, and it's been done before (if not here then elsewhere), but do note that this sort of display tends not to score very high. After all, we do expect them to still be paying for the seats. Except for when the final battle rolls in, of course.

Well I mean, could you choose between a tree or an easily-shattered rock or a bit of water or statue of Negrek or things, if it'd help your appeal?

I don't suppose dummies could be targeted by Ally Switch? Could the dummies be placed out of sight of the audience, but still close enough for the audience to hear a Pokemon if it yells or something?

Well I mean, could you choose between a tree or an easily-shattered rock or a bit of water or statue of Negrek or things, if it'd help your appeal?
Sure. I wouldn't let more than one such object slide, though -- we definitely don't need contestants turning the stage into a live forest.

I don't suppose dummies could be targeted by Ally Switch? Could the dummies be placed out of sight of the audience, but still close enough for the audience to hear a Pokemon if it yells or something?
Well, the description for Ally Switch from the A&A Guide seems to imply it only works on beings with minds, so, I'm not sure.

You can keep the dummy out of sight if you like as well, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't yell, since live dummies aren't permitted.

What about a corpse that may or may not look like Negrek? or some pokémon I guess

could it have a bomb in it that reacts to minor electric discharges

I think she meant the pokémon yelling though, after ally switching with the dummy.

What about a corpse that may or may not look like Negrek? or some pokémon I guess

could it have a bomb in it that reacts to minor electric discharges

I think she meant the pokémon yelling though, after ally switching with the dummy.
I'm fine with the corpse, although this degree of morbidness might not pull in a good score if the judges think horrifying the audience that badly is, well, bad.

The bomb, though, is already verging into a little elaborate territory. I'd rather the props be kept fairly simple and mostly incapable of doing much other than being there.

If Ally Switching with the dummy does work, then there'd be no problem with yelling from out of the sight, no.

Back
Top Bottom