• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "damage cap" is how much damage a Pokémon can receive in one round before it is considered too much--this prevents you from being destroyed in two rounds by a Pokémon that is using much more powerful attacks than your can handle. So, for example, if my Blastoise uses Hydro Pump three times on your Torchic, it would do a lot of damage. Adding a damage cap limits the total amount of damage I can do, so after the damage from those Hydro Pumps adds up to 25% your Torchic will not take any more damage for the round, even if it would ordinarily do, say 40%.

When your Pokémon chills, it regains energy. A whole bunch of chilling can cause the battle to stall and take too long, however, so some people limit the number of times any one Pokémon can chill. The limit she imposed means that your Pokémon can only chill a total of six times in that battle--it won't be allowed to do it a seventh time. Per Pokémon just means that your first Pokémon can chill six times but no more than that, and then your second one can also chill six times but no more than that.

You need to post a link to your profile; you don't need to worry about other people's.

Call me Kratos, please.

Oh shit, forgot about linking single posts. I'll fix that.

For Philly.
2vs2 single
DQ: Two weeks
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 6/Pokémon, Attract, Infutation, Direct Healing

Arena:
The Night Forest, Clearing 1

The Night Forest is basically an extremely dark forest, with trees blocking out the sun and heat, even in the middle of the day. Every five turns, a sliver of moon or sun shines through the leaves, making all Pokemon relax and gain 5% energy. A soft breeze is always blowing through the clearing, and it makes it somewhat easier to fly. Solarbeam, Moonlight, Synthesis, and other moves are allowed, but not recommended because of the lack of light. There is a 5% chance the attacking Pokemon will not be able to see, and will not attack.

Oh shit, forgot about linking single posts. I'll fix that.

For Philly.
2vs2 single
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 6/Pokémon, Attract, Infutation, Direct Healing

Arena:
The Night Forest, Clearing 1

The Night Forest is basically an extremely dark forest, with trees blocking out the sun and heat, even in the middle of the day. Every five turns, a sliver of moon or sun shines through the leaves, making all Pokemon relax and gain 5% energy. A soft breeze is always blowing through the clearing, and it makes it somewhat easier to fly. Solarbeam, Moonlight, Synthesis, and other moves are allowed, but not recommended because of the lack of light. There is a 5% chance the attacking Pokemon will not be able to see, and will not attack.

Sure, what the heck?

1. Battle Format: 1 vs. 1, 3 per trainer

2. Battle Style: Switch

3. DQ Time: 1 week

4. Damage Cap: 25%

5. Banned and Restricted Moves: OHKO's, only 3 chills per pokemon

6. Arena Description: Plains.

Description of Plains: Nothing special, a slight wind that makes it easier for flying pokemon to fly low and fast. All Flying attacks have a 10% power raise. There is also a small forest in the middle of the field, making for a good hiding place. The field is covered in grass, which is dry and easily ignited by fire and/or electric attacks.

7. Additional Rules: None

8. Profile Link

1. Battle Format: 1 vs. 1, 3 per trainer

2. Battle Style: Switch

3. DQ Time: 1 week

4. Damage Cap: 25%

5. Banned and Restricted Moves: OHKO's, only 3 chills per pokemon

6. Arena Description: Plains.

Description of Plains: Nothing special, a slight wind that makes it easier for flying pokemon to fly low and fast. All Flying attacks have a 10% power raise. There is also a small forest in the middle of the field, making for a good hiding place. The field is covered in grass, which is dry and easily ignited by fire and/or electric attacks.

7. Additional Rules: None

8. Profile Link

I accept this challenge =D.

Profile~

Here's a challenge~
2vs2 single
Damage Cap: 20%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 8/Pokémon, Infutation, Direct Healing
Arena:
Training Room 3

Training Room 3 focuses on training the Pokemon's agility. Occasionally, Trainers come to train their Pokemon, or have a match. Obstacles appear randomly during battles, and the battling Pokemon have to use an action to avoid these, or take 2% damage. The only lights are from lightbulbs protected by metal cages, and there are no windows. Sometimes the floor falls away to expose treadmills, for every turn they are exposed the battling Pokemon use an extra 3% energy.

Here's a challenge~
2vs2 single
Damage Cap: 20%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 8/Pokémon, Infutation, Direct Healing
Arena:
Training Room 3

Training Room 3 focuses on training the Pokemon's agility. Occasionally, Trainers come to train their Pokemon, or have a match. Obstacles appear randomly during battles, and the battling Pokemon have to use an action to avoid these, or take 2% damage. The only lights are from lightbulbs protected by metal cages, and there are no windows. Sometimes the floor falls away to expose treadmills, for every turn they are exposed the battling Pokemon use an extra 3% energy.

I'll take it!

Profile Link

This is a challenge for Lucas.

3 vs. 3 Single
DQ: One Week
Battle Style: Switch
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 3/Pokémon
Arena: Agate Village

A clearing in the small forested village of Agate. It is grassy, with no wind because of the surrounding forest. The trees are very tall, giving good hiding and perching spots for flying pokemon. It is somewhat damp, weakening the power of Fire by 2%. There is a spiritual power about the area, likely from Celebi, who lives in the area, raising Psychic and Grass power by 5%.

Profile Link

Last edited:
Philly said:
This is a challenge for Lucas.

3 vs. 3 Single
DQ: One Week
Battle Style: Switch
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 3/Pokémon
Arena: Agate Village

A clearing in the small forested village of Agate. It is grassy, with no wind because of the surrounding forest. The trees are very tall, giving good hiding and perching spots for flying pokemon. It is somewhat damp, weakening the power of Fire by 2%. There is a spiritual power about the area, likely from Celebi, who lives in the area, raising Psychic and Grass power by 5%.

Sounds good to me.

Profile. Funny, I just realized that mine's the 100th profile. Neat.

Actually, it's the 99th. The 1st post didn't have a profile. Cool, now all we need is a Judge. Any volunteers?!?!?!?!?!?

I have a good idea for a shop and want to earn some money so that I can ask to start it, but am currently almost broke. The ref positions seem incredibly hard to figure out, so I must rely on battling to get income. If I could figure out the ref thing I wouldn't be so impatient.

Because I only have $4, and don't want anyone taking my idea. I think I've figured out the Referee thing, and am typing up my mock battle reffing now.

1vs1 single
DQ: two weeks
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 8/pokémon,
Arena: Mount Moon's Peak

a flat part of Mount Moons peak is the arena, with lots of loose gravel on the ground, so there is a 5% chance that pokemon will slip when they move around. There's alot of wind, making it hard to fly , and a full moon is out. Every other turn, a Clefable will come out and use Metronome on a random pokemon.

I will accept this challenge if you're still open for it.
My Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom