• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
3vs3 Triple Battle
Style: Set
DQ: 5 Days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Recovery moves, weather moves, 5 chills per pokemon
Arena: Grassy Plain

The Grassy Plain has a slight breeze coming from the north. The grasses look as if it was freshly mowed. The sky is clear and the sun so bright. The perfect place to have a friendly battle.
Other: Only Basic pokémon may be used. No pokemon that can't evolve allowed either

Profile I feel kinda evil right now towards the ref xP

Accept. Profile.

Allrighty, let's see if I can make a comeback... I will take Prince Lucario vs. Empoleon... and what the heck, let's try Ridous vs. Lucas755 too. Threads will be up momentarily.

Hmm, since my match with Philly is cancelled, let's make a battle X3

2vs2 single
DQ: 9 Days
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: Direct Recovery moves, Weather moves, 8 chills/pokemon, Infutation, Confusion, Sleep
Arena: Final Destination

Oh yeah, Final Destination~ Final Destination is basically a simple tiled platform that moves through space, and has awesome background music. The Pokemon can't fall off the platform, but sometimes it appears that the Pokemon are battling upside down, sideways, or even diagonally. There is a 5% chance that the Pokemon will get dizzy and skip an action. Randomly throughout the Final Destination, a Smash Ball may appear. It takes up an action to get this, the Pokemon with the higher speed will get it if commanded to. The Smash Ball causes the Pokemon to use 50% less energy for the next two turns, or have a 25% higher attack for the next two turns. If the Pokemon has a signature move, the attack power of it is boosted 20%, if the sig move is used.

Other: Based off the Brawl stage~

Profile of the Dragon

Hmm, since my match with Philly is cancelled, let's make a battle X3

2vs2 single
DQ: 9 Days
Banned Moves: Direct Recovery moves, Weather moves, 8 chills/pokemon, Infutation, Confusion, Sleep
Arena: Final Destination

Oh yeah, Final Destination~ Final Destination is basically a simple tiled platform that moves through space, and has awesome background music. The Pokemon can't fall off the platform, but sometimes it appears that the Pokemon are battling upside down, sideways, or even diagonally. There is a 5% chance that the Pokemon will get dizzy and skip an action. Randomly throughout the Final Destination, a Smash Ball may appear. It takes up an action to get this, the Pokemon with the higher speed will get it if commanded to. The Smash Ball causes the Pokemon to use 50% less energy for the next two turns, or have a 25% higher attack for the next two turns. If the Pokemon has a signature move, the attack power of it is boosted 20%, if the sig move is used.

Other: Based off the Brawl stage~

Profile of the Dragon

Well, since my other battle has ended prematurely, I'll take this.

EDIT: Dangit, beat to it. Well, I guess I might as well make a challenge.

3vs3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: 7 days
Banned Moves: OHKO's, 5 chills/pokemon
Arena: Outskirt Stand

It is right outside of a small, train-like stand in the middle of the desert. There is a small sandstorm around the area, so there is a 5% chance that a non-steel, ground, or rock type will be hurt by the sandstorm by 2% of their full health. Also, there is a 5% chance that the sandstorm will make your pokemon miss their attack. There are several gears and other items laying around that may be picked up by some pokemon.

Last edited:
3vs3 Triple Battle
DQ: 5 Days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Recovery moves, weather moves, 5 chills per pokemon
Arena: Grassy Plain

The Grassy Plain has a slight breeze coming from the north. The grasses look as if it was freshly mowed. The sky is clear and the sun so bright. The perfect place to have a friendly battle.
Other: Only Basic pokémon may be used. No pokemon that can't evolve allowed either

Profile I feel kinda evil right now towards the ref xP
Why not?

Profile: Now with more fail!

Pesters Butterfree, or writes the script themselves and pesters Butterfree to install it.

Ah. Well....Pestering Butterfree seems the easiest.

Now..on another note. I wish to Challenge you, Negrek, to a battle~

3v3
Single Battle
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: none
Banned Moves: Sunny Day. Chill moves are restricted to five per pokémon. Healing moves are restricted to three per pokemon.
Arena: Moonbeam Meadow

A open meadow that is bathed in moonlight. Butterfree and Beautifly can be seen flying about peacefully. Near the Meadow there is a pond that Lotads and Goldeen are be seen swimming.

My profile

Last edited:
Eh, I'm down, except for the arena. It seems a little skewed in favor of your team at the moment. You can remove the boosts given if you want, or I can make one.

Ah. Well....Pestering Butterfree seems the easiest.

Now..on another note. I wish to Challenge you, Negrek, to a battle~

3v3
Single Battle
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: none
Banned Moves: Sunny Day. Chill moves are restricted to five per pokémon. Healing moves are restricted to three per pokemon.
Arena: Moonbeam Meadow

A open meadow that is bathed in moonlight. Butterfree and Beautifly can be seen flying about peacefully. Near the Meadow there is a pond that Lotads and Goldeen are be seen swimming.

My profile
Works for me. Accepted.

Last edited:
Taking Negrek vs. moony because I want another not-1v1 and am hoping to see some evolved Pokémon beat each other up, and also taking Animorph vs. shadow_lugia because one of my other matches is wrapping up anyway. Both up in a little bit.

I don't see any open challenges, and my first battle here is about to get DQed before its even begun. :( Which sucks.

So I'll make a new one and if you accept the challenge, when the battle starts please actually be here or put your name on the absence sheet or something...? Please?

3vs3 pokemon
Set
2 week DQ
DC: 25%
Banned: OHKO, 1 direct recovery limmit per pokemon, no night-time exclusive moves (moonlight)
Arena:

A grassy field next to a shallow, wide river with fast, rushing water. The water has lots of dissolved rust so appears orange. There's a burnt out campfire on the grass. It's spring and a warm morning, there's blossom pettals falling from the trees and a cool breeze. To either side of the grassy plain and the river are valley slopes with old, tall trees. No particular benefits or hinderances except the obvious size restrictions in the valley (e.g. wailord) and the presence of water and the fact its daytime.

My profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom