• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's three normally, four if you are actively reffing at least one battle.

And also, I still have an open challenge back two pages (the Giant Pizza of Death), unless I wasn't allowed to put it up and I didn't see the post.

I don't see any open challenges, and my first battle here is about to get DQed before its even begun. :( Which sucks.

So I'll make a new one and if you accept the challenge, when the battle starts please actually be here or put your name on the absence sheet or something...? Please?

3vs3 pokemon
Set
2 week DQ
DC: 25%
Banned: OHKO, 1 direct recovery limmit per pokemon, no night-time exclusive moves (moonlight)
Arena:

A grassy field next to a shallow, wide river with fast, rushing water. The water has lots of dissolved rust so appears orange. There's a burnt out campfire on the grass. It's spring and a warm morning, there's blossom pettals falling from the trees and a cool breeze. To either side of the grassy plain and the river are valley slopes with old, tall trees. No particular benefits or hinderances except the obvious size restrictions in the valley (e.g. wailord) and the presence of water and the fact its daytime.

My profile

^I'll accept that.

Profile.

Also: What is a fork button?

MurrMurr

Added.

Lucas755

There used to be a button on every post called the "fork" button; if you pressed it, it would make a copy of that post and automatically make it the first post of a new thread. It was very useful for referees, because they could essentially just split the acceptance post for a battle they wanted to take out of this thread without having to recopy stuff.

In my match vs. The Terrorizing Terrorist it still says XDragonFireX. Could you fix that...?

Lucas755 and I's match hasn't been added to the challenge board since the last update, so a potential referee might not notice it if the pages build up.

3T is dead, anyways.

SO
I will post another match that will never get reffed!

2vs2 single
DQ Time: 14 days
Damage Cap: 20%
Banned Moves: Weather Moves, Infatuation, Chills 8/Pokémon
Arena: Someone Else's House- Henesys City

Someone Else's House is a secret area in Henesys City, on Victoria Island. The arena is a plain flat field, with a floating platform hanging around ten feet in the air, above the battlers' heads. All around the circular area are ladders leading up to the floating platform. Pokémon can start on the top or bottom platform, but four-legged Pokémon have no way of getting to the top from the bottom. There is a 5% chance of the Mushmom appearing each round, doing each of the battling Pokémon 20% damage. The Mushmom goes away after attacking, and must appear once during the battle, maximum two times.

Other: MAYPUL STORAY

3T is dead, anyways.

SO
I will post another match that will never get reffed!

2vs2 single
DQ Time: 14 days
Damage Cap: 20%
Banned Moves: Weather Moves, Infatuation, Chills 8/Pokémon
Arena: Someone Else's House- Henesys City

Someone Else's House is a secret area in Henesys City, on Victoria Island. The arena is a plain flat field, with a floating platform hanging around ten feet in the air, above the battlers' heads. All around the circular area are ladders leading up to the floating platform. Pokémon can start on the top or bottom platform, but four-legged Pokémon have no way of getting to the top from the bottom. There is a 5% chance of the Mushmom appearing each round, doing each of the battling Pokémon 20% damage. The Mushmom goes away after attacking, and must appear once during the battle, maximum two times.

Other: MAYPUL STORAY

I'll take you on Dragon

Reposting my challenge from a while ago in the hopes of some acceptance:

2v2v2 Single
Set
DQ: 10 days
Damage Cap; 42%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
The Giant Pizza of Death!
This arena pits your Pokemon on a giant pizza (of death). However it hasn't been made yet, so it's really just a giant slab of pizza dough (of death). On the second action of every round, another ingredient to the pizza gets added. On the first round, it must be the sauce, and on the second it must be the cheese, but beyond that it's ref's choice. When the toppings are put on, unless the Pokemon use an action to take measures to avoid it (e.g. running for the crust when the sauce is being put on), they will take 7% damage, get a -1 speed mod, and there is a 5% chance of burn (these ingredients are still hot). Once there are eight toppings on the pizza not counting the cheese or sauce (read: after 10 rounds), the pizza goes into the oven for 2 rounds. During this time, Water moves cannot be used. All Pokemon weak to Fire lose 2% health and 3% energy every round. Fire types, on the other hand, recover 4% health every round and get a 3% damage bonus. However, after the Pokemon are removed from the oven, Fire-types take 10% typeless damage as they adjust to the much cooler temperatures. Once you leave the oven, the Pokemon are flung onto another slab of pizza dough and the process repeats.
</wall o' text>

I can has cheezprofile?

Reposting my challenge from a while ago in the hopes of some acceptance:

2v2v2 Single
Set
DQ: 10 days
Damage Cap; 42%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
The Giant Pizza of Death!
This arena pits your Pokemon on a giant pizza (of death). However it hasn't been made yet, so it's really just a giant slab of pizza dough (of death). On the second action of every round, another ingredient to the pizza gets added. On the first round, it must be the sauce, and on the second it must be the cheese, but beyond that it's ref's choice. When the toppings are put on, unless the Pokemon use an action to take measures to avoid it (e.g. running for the crust when the sauce is being put on), they will take 7% damage, get a -1 speed mod, and there is a 5% chance of burn (these ingredients are still hot). Once there are eight toppings on the pizza not counting the cheese or sauce (read: after 10 rounds), the pizza goes into the oven for 2 rounds. During this time, Water moves cannot be used. All Pokemon weak to Fire lose 2% health and 3% energy every round. Fire types, on the other hand, recover 4% health every round and get a 3% damage bonus. However, after the Pokemon are removed from the oven, Fire-types take 10% typeless damage as they adjust to the much cooler temperatures. Once you leave the oven, the Pokemon are flung onto another slab of pizza dough and the process repeats.
</wall o' text>

I can has cheezprofile?

I'll accept this, but how giant are the giant pizza and its toppings?

Challenge

Can someone please put this on the challenge board? I know this is the second time I have asked but once this page gets pushed under new pages referees won't see this challenge. Thanks.

If you want, Negrek, I can threadmin myself and help keep up with this.

(no I don't know why I can threadmin people wherever I want but can't view the edit reasons)

This arena, these rules, I am liking them. So I issue a second challenge, yes?

If my opponent wants to change the number of Pokémon used--more, less, I'd also be down for a 1vs1 or something--that's cool. I'd rather the rest of the rules stayed the same, though.

3vs3 single (or whatever)
Style: set
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: none
Banned Moves: OHKO's; anything else is fair game

Arena: Outside the Battle Arena

The battle takes place right outside the Battle Frontier's Battle Arena facility, out in the open air. The immediate area is covered in nicely manicured grass and a few flowers. The Arena building itself is surrounded on three sides by water and a small pond sits on the other side of the battlers, so water moves can be used and Water-types that need to swim can do so. The battlers cannot move away from the immediate area, so heading towards the plaza or another facility is forbidden. Maps of the general area can be found on this page.

Since this match is happening so close to the Arena, it seems such a shame not to follow Greta's rules... or, at least, a variation on them. As such, both battlers will send out their Pokémon and attack for three battle rounds (a total of 9 attacks per Pokémon) before the ref calls a halt. After the three rounds both Pokémon are recalled and unable to continue in the current battle, and their current health, energy and status are noted for later. Both trainers will then send out their next Pokémon and continue for the next three rounds. At the end (which should be nine total rounds), the health and energy of all Pokémon is totaled and whichever trainer has the highest score wins.

The following rules also apply:

-If a Pokémon has fainted, either due to HP loss OR energy loss, the battle stops right where it is (even if it has not yet been three rounds) and both Pokémon are recalled. Fainted Pokémon DO still count toward the final score, but as either their health or their energy is at 0% they won't add anywhere near as much.

-If, at the end of the three rounds, a battler is afflicted with a status condition, that condition detracts from their final score as follows:

• Paralyzed, Burned, Confused: -10 points
  • Poisoned, Attracted: -15 points
  • Asleep, Frozen: -20 points
If the Pokémon has more than one status condition, only the first one they were afflicted with detracts full points; all others afterwards only detract five, no matter what they are.

Experience is determined like this: all Pokémon get the usual 1 experience point for being sent into battle, and if one Pokémon actually knocks another out it will get the 1 experience point as normal. If neither Pokémon faints at the end of three rounds, the one with the lower score is considered knocked out for the purposes of experience and so the one with the higher score would get the extra 1 exp.

---

Profile goes here

...it really isn't as complicated as it looks, I swear. D: I can give more detail on things if I need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom