• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I apparently have some masochistic desire to demonstrate how much my luck sucks, this one is for Kratos:

1vs1
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: None
Banned Moves: Everything but metronome!
Arena: Willow Town

Willow Town is a tragically quaint, pleasant sort of place, which explains how it manages to attract so many murderers, thieves, and really stupid trainers. Its main street is like something out of an old movie: broad and well-kept, lined on either side by little mom-'n'-pop stores, including a bakery, the delicious sents from which waft out into the road. Large willow trees, their dangling fronds swaying gently in an almost imperceptible breeze, run in line with the sidewalks, and the pedestrians strolling around greet one another with cheerful smiles and waves. There's almost no street traffic, so the battlers don't have to worry about getting squashed--unless, of course, something nasty goes down at the lab again and necessitates the intrusion of speeding police cars and ambulances on their way to see whether Professor Willow's managed to get out of this one alive.

And now I promise I'll stop making arenas based on Kutho because I'll have a new place to base them on, ahahahahahaha.

Accepted, of course, though I wish you'd stop laughing like that. D:

Sweet! Let's blow stuff up!

Also posting to point out that this:

Also, the Union seems to have forgotten to place its profile in the post, as the Head Referee as said is required.

has yet to be fixed and that the challenge won't get put in the first post until it is.

2vs2
Style: Set
DQ: A week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct healing moves
Arena: Fall Viridian Forest

In the fall, Viridian Forest is a beautiful yet extremely flammable place. As a result, trainers are advised to take cover in a small steel hut with a glass window each in case a Pokemon starts a forest fire. If it rains, the trainers may come out, as the leaves that litter the ground and trees will be mostly wet.
As a result of being in the shelters, the Pokemon will have a 20% chance of not hearing their trainers and thus will act on there own. When the trainers are out of the shelters because of rain, their Pokemon will be able to hear them, and will listen(unless some other condition enables them to, of course).
If there is a forest fire, the damage of all fire type moves are boosted by 10%. Ice and steel type moves' damage is decreased by 5%. There is a 20% chance that a non-fire type Pokemon can get burned, 30% for ice and steel types. Every turn the forest fire is going on, all non-fire types take 2% damage to their HP.

If I didn't do that right, please tell me. It's my first challenge.

I'm in, and it's my first challenge too. Let's not screw this up(that much)!

3vs3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: Standard week
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Electric Field

Electric Fild was once a field of flowers. later, though, Electric-types began to prosper over the rest of the types. Due to the discharge of the Electric-types battling for dominance, the field is thunderstormy and shoots lightning bolts at random.

Oh looky a profile =D

2vs2 single
DQ: five weeks
Damage Cap: 25%
Arena: Pacifidlog Arena

ASB_BATTLE_77377.bmp

The pokeballs are representing the scale, and are the size of a Bulbasaur.

This arena, off the coast of rural Pacifidlog Town, floats on the waves. Supported by a quiet shoal of Corsola and kept in place by a ring of surrounding rocks, this scenic arena is slowly buffeted by waves. Wingull and the occasional Pelipper swoop overhead. Every round, there is a chance that a Pokemon will turn up:

Sharpedo appears and goes into a Rage, striking 10%, 15%, or 20% damage to both Pokemon. 10% CHANCE
Wailmer appears and uses Mist. 20% CHANCE
Tentacool appears and uses Poison Sting on one of the Pokemon. 15% CHANCE
Tentacruel appears and uses Toxic Spikes on the platform. 10% CHANCE
Horsea appears, improving everyone's mood and heals all Pokemon by 10%, 15%, or 20%. 5% CHANCE

There is a 40% chance that nothing will happen.

Last edited:
2vs2 single
DQ: five weeks
Damage Cap: 25%
Arena: Pacifidlog Arena

ASB_BATTLE_77377.bmp

The pokeballs are representing the scale, and are the size of a Bulbasaur.

This arena, off the coast of rural Pacifidlog Town, floats on the waves. Supported by a quiet shoal of Corsola and kept in place by a ring of surrounding rocks, this scenic arena is slowly buffeted by waves. Wingull and the occasional Pelipper swoop overhead. Every round, there is a chance that a Pokemon will turn up:

Sharpedo appears and goes into a Rage, striking 10%, 15%, or 20% damage to both Pokemon. 10% CHANCE
Wailmer appears and uses Mist. 20% CHANCE
Tentacool appears and uses Poison Sting on one of the Pokemon. 15% CHANCE
Tentacruel appears and uses Toxic Spikes on the platform. 10% CHANCE
Horsea appears, improving everyone's mood and heals all Pokemon by 10%, 15%, or 20%. 5% CHANCE

There is a 40% chance that nothing will happen.

Accepted.

~Profile of awesome~

Another challenge:
2vs2 double
Style: set
DQ: 3 weeks
Banned Moves: OHKO, 5 Chill/Pokémon
Arena: Replica Solar System

A wonderfully realistic Solar System model, complete with water on the Earth model and rotating asteroids. The planets are rather large, Mercury being about the size an elephant would be if it was crushed into a ball. Saturn's rings are solid and rotating, and all of the moons are present to scale. The room, which is perfectly round, is matte black dotted with bright white, yellow, red, or blue dots. The planets are arranged in a circle, expanding outward in order, with the sun in the middle and Pluto near the wall. Besides the minute stars, the Sun is the only source of light in the room.

Notes: A lever on the ceiling above Neptune starts/stops the planets rotating slowly, but it takes an action to do so. The room starts with the planets moving.

Yes, this field is technologically impossible, sue me.

For FMC. No fully evolved pokemon; unevolveds are fine.

1 v 1
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Direct Healing, Attract, Weather
Arena: Berry Farm #5

The berry shop has several suppliers, most of whom are waiting around for the store to actually open. In recent times, a few of them have opened up some of their gardens in an attempt to raise publicity about the potential shop, hoping that someone might be willing to open it and give them profit from the TCoD ASB League.

The garden, basically, is a flat expanse of loamy soil enclosed by a short fence. Several berry plants grow all over the field, although they aren't numerous enough to get in the way of everything. Even more common than the plants are the berries themselves, lying on the soil with nobody to claim them... nobody but those fighting here, at least.

Pokemon can spend an action searching for a particular berry, and as long as they can physically do so, are very likely to find it; the berries themselves have distinct appearances, and they are scattered all over the place; failing that, the berry plants are easily accessible, and are in various stages of growth. This berry, once acquired, acts as a normal held item. If the pokemon faints or finishes the battle while holding the berry, the trainers can sneak away with them.

However, there's no way for the trainers to use them in future battles because, since the berries weren't bought from the appropriate League-approved store, they can't legally be used after this battle... so instead, using the handy little black market, the trainers sell the berries to unknown customers who desire the berries for their own, non-ASB needs.

Here is a list of available berries, their effects, and their worth:

Aspear Berry ($2): A yellow berry patterned with bright green rings. A pokémon holding this item may consume it to cure freezing.
Cheri Berry ($2): This tiny, bright red berry is very spicy. A pokémon holding this item may consume it to cure paralysis.
Chesto Berry ($2): This brown and blue berry is very tough and dry-tasting. A pokémon holding this item may consume it to awaken itself.
Pecha Berry ($2): This sweet pink berry is actually hollow. A pokémon holding this item may consume it to cure poison.
Persim Berry ($2): A pink berry whose coloration grows increasingly striking as it absorbs sunlight while growing. A pokémon holding this item may consume it to cure itself of confusion.
Rawst Berry ($2): A bright blue berry that is very bitter-tasting. A pokémon holding this item may consume it to cure a burn.
Apicot Berry ($4): A half-blue, half-green lobed berry. A pokémon holding this item may, when it falls below 33% health, consume it to gain a permanent +1 boost to its special defense.
Ganlon Berry ($4): A berry made of alternating blue and orange segments. A pokémon holding this item may, when it falls below 33% health, consume it to gain a permanent +1 boost to its defense.
Leppa Berry ($4): A small red and yellow berry that is packed with flavor. A pokémon holding this item may consume it to regain 10% energy.
Liechi Berry ($4): A round red and yellow berry. A pokémon holding this item may, when it falls below 33% health, consume it to gain a permanent +1 boost to its attack.
Oran Berry ($4): A plump blue berry that is packed with flavor. A pokémon holding this item may consume it to regain 5% health.
Petaya Berry ($4): A large, scaly orange berry. A pokémon holding this item may, when it falls below 33% health, consume it to gain a permanent +1 boost to its special attack.
Salac Berry ($4): A heart-shaped green berry covered in nubs. A pokémon holding this item may, when it falls below 33% health, consume it to gain a permanent +1 boost to its speed.

For FMC. No fully evolved pokemon; unevolveds are fine.

1 v 1
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Direct Healing, Attract, Weather
Arena: Berry Farm #5

The berry shop has several suppliers, most of whom are waiting around for the store to actually open. In recent times, a few of them have opened up some of their gardens in an attempt to raise publicity about the potential shop, hoping that someone might be willing to open it and give them profit from the TCoD ASB League.

The garden, basically, is a flat expanse of loamy soil enclosed by a short fence. Several berry plants grow all over the field, although they aren't numerous enough to get in the way of everything. Even more common than the plants are the berries themselves, lying on the soil with nobody to claim them... nobody but those fighting here, at least.

Pokemon can spend an action searching for a particular berry, and as long as they can physically do so, are very likely to find it; the berries themselves have distinct appearances, and they are scattered all over the place; failing that, the berry plants are easily accessible, and are in various stages of growth. This berry, once acquired, acts as a normal held item. If the pokemon faints or finishes the battle while holding the berry, the trainers can sneak away with them.

However, there's no way for the trainers to use them in future battles because, since the berries weren't bought from the appropriate League-approved store, they can't legally be used after this battle... so instead, using the handy little black market, the trainers sell the berries to unknown customers who desire the berries for their own, non-ASB needs.

Here is a list of available berries, their effects, and their worth:

Aspear Berry ($2): A yellow berry patterned with bright green rings. A pokémon holding this item may consume it to cure freezing.
Cheri Berry ($2): This tiny, bright red berry is very spicy. A pokémon holding this item may consume it to cure paralysis.
Chesto Berry ($2): This brown and blue berry is very tough and dry-tasting. A pokémon holding this item may consume it to awaken itself.
Pecha Berry ($2): This sweet pink berry is actually hollow. A pokémon holding this item may consume it to cure poison.
Persim Berry ($2): A pink berry whose coloration grows increasingly striking as it absorbs sunlight while growing. A pokémon holding this item may consume it to cure itself of confusion.
Rawst Berry ($2): A bright blue berry that is very bitter-tasting. A pokémon holding this item may consume it to cure a burn.
Apicot Berry ($4): A half-blue, half-green lobed berry. A pokémon holding this item may, when it falls below 33% health, consume it to gain a permanent +1 boost to its special defense.
Ganlon Berry ($4): A berry made of alternating blue and orange segments. A pokémon holding this item may, when it falls below 33% health, consume it to gain a permanent +1 boost to its defense.
Leppa Berry ($4): A small red and yellow berry that is packed with flavor. A pokémon holding this item may consume it to regain 10% energy.
Liechi Berry ($4): A round red and yellow berry. A pokémon holding this item may, when it falls below 33% health, consume it to gain a permanent +1 boost to its attack.
Oran Berry ($4): A plump blue berry that is packed with flavor. A pokémon holding this item may consume it to regain 5% health.
Petaya Berry ($4): A large, scaly orange berry. A pokémon holding this item may, when it falls below 33% health, consume it to gain a permanent +1 boost to its special attack.
Salac Berry ($4): A heart-shaped green berry covered in nubs. A pokémon holding this item may, when it falls below 33% health, consume it to gain a permanent +1 boost to its speed.

Accepted~

Another challenge:
2vs2 double
Style: set
DQ: 3 weeks
Banned Moves: OHKO, 5 Chill/Pokémon
Arena: Replica Solar System

A wonderfully realistic Solar System model, complete with water on the Earth model and rotating asteroids. The planets are rather large, Mercury being about the size an elephant would be if it was crushed into a ball. Saturn's rings are solid and rotating, and all of the moons are present to scale. The room, which is perfectly round, is matte black dotted with bright white, yellow, red, or blue dots. The planets are arranged in a circle, expanding outward in order, with the sun in the middle and Pluto near the wall. Besides the minute stars, the Sun is the only source of light in the room.

Notes: A lever on the ceiling above Neptune starts/stops the planets rotating slowly, but it takes an action to do so. The room starts with the planets moving.

Yes, this field is technologically impossible, sue me.

But I thought we exiled Pluto.

Sounds awesome. I'll battle!

By the way, 3T, is this a 2vs2 single or double?

Dang, I forgot to put that there.

2vs2 single
DQ: A week
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct healing moves
Arena: Fall Viridian Forest

In the fall, Viridian Forest is a beautiful yet extremely flammable place. As a result, trainers are advised to take cover in a small steel hut with a glass window each in case a Pokemon starts a forest fire. If it rains, the trainers may come out, as the leaves that litter the ground and trees will be mostly wet.
As a result of being in the shelters, the Pokemon will have a 20% chance of not hearing their trainers and thus will act on there own. When the trainers are out of the shelters because of rain, their Pokemon will be able to hear them, and will listen(unless some other condition enables them to, of course).
If there is a forest fire, the damage of all fire type moves are boosted by 10%. Ice and steel type moves' damage is decreased by 5%. There is a 20% chance that a non-fire type Pokemon can get burned, 30% for ice and steel types. Every turn the forest fire is going on, all non-fire types take 2% damage to their HP.

If I didn't do that right, please tell me. It's my first challenge.

Bold is the edited part.

While I'm waiting for my other challenge to get reffed, might as well set up a new one that's a bit less annoying to ref. And we'll have a game-related arena, too. :P Ideally for an opponent and a ref who are both familiar with the series.

1 on 1
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 60%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, only 6 chills per Pokemon, direct healing moves heal only up to 30%
Arena: Saturn Village

Yes! It's the home of the quirky Mr. Saturns from the MOTHER series, which is Twitch's current obsession. The village has been evacuated for the sake of this battle, but that doesn't keep them out entirely, as you will soon see...

Anyway, onto the description. The village is a rather small grassy valley nestled among tall mountains, with a volcano at the top (this is the M3 version of the village, mind you). Inside the village, there are five small, demolishable huts that are shaped like Mr. Saturns. Pokemon can hide in them. In the center of the village is a small pond, about four or five feet deep, that aquatic Pokemon can swim in/conjure Surf from.

Every other round, the village will get a visitor (even though it's supposed to be evacuated, they just don't get it, do they?) This visitor can be either:

-A Mr. Saturn, which can be picked up and thrown if the action specifies it (and if your Pokemon has arms.) Deals 5% typeless damage and confusion.
-A Coffee table, which will randomly charge through and inflict 10% typeless damage to one Pokemon during the first action.
-A Frog, which will heal any Pokemon that catches it for 15% health and 5% energy.

The union considers profiles trivial things. When our domination is assured, we will make it so such nuisances are no longer present.

has yet to be fixed and that the challenge won't get put in the first post until it is.

We have corrected our mistake. Most assuredly it will not happen again-- we strive for perfection.

(Also loool Kutho that place was great |D I should go back there some day. I had a Wingull, Torchic and Nidoran...)

Hn...I'm up for another battle. Let's try this out...

1 & 1 vs. 1 & 1
Tag Team Match; Single Battle
Damage Cap.: NONE
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Fly, Surf
Arena: "Jungle Gym"

No lies here buddy! We are in a parks jungle gym that is big enough to hold our battle. Poles criss cross squares every where and if your Pokemon is over 90 lb.s you best expect the ones it stands on collapse beneath him. All Two legged Pokemon have the advantage of both the poles and the flat wood boards while the four legged are limited to the boards unless they are willing to take a risk with a 75% chance of slipping. Pokemon of flight are limited as well for the many bars keep them from open sky and space. This is by a school folks, no waves here or you'll drown the kids watching!!!

Listed Notes...
-90 lb.s and up will collapse a segment of the jungle gym reducing the size of the arena
-Two legged Pokemon can travel on the poles, boards and if it comes down to it due to an oversize Pokemon, the very ground
-Four legged Pokemon can only use the boards or like the previous note, the ground
-Pokemon that can fly cannot use Fly but can walk on poles, boards and the ground
-If four legged Pokemon takes risk, roll this under "100 sided" and if it gets 75 or below that Pokemon falls to the ground (-5% Health)
-The trainers are standing on boards the Pokemon have no access to and we are at the middle of the gym

A Map I Made *sweat sweat*

1 -|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-----|-|-
2 -|-------|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
3 -|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-----|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
4 -|-|-|-|-------|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
5 ----|-|-|-|-|---|-|-|-|-|---|-|-|-|-|----
6 -|-|-|-|-----|-|-|-|-|-|-----|-|-|-|-|-|-
7 -|-|-|-|-|-|-|-----------|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
8 -|-|-|-|-|-|---|-|-|-|-|--|-|-|--|-|-|-|-
9 -|-|-|------|-|-|-|-|---|-|-|-|-|-|-|--|-

->Lv. 5 is where we are starting. The trainers are on the boards on the far ends and the Pokemon are on the boards towards the center opposite of their opponents.
->This represents the boards
->This represents the grassy ground
->The rest are poles
->To keep track of our whereabouts, the reff wil mark the board or square you reside in with a color that represents you!

*Be sure to...*
-Leave your profile
-Choose a partner
-Leave a color (not already picked)
-Read "everything"

Mine
ASB Profile
"No partner yet" Rossymore
Red

Last edited:

1 & 1 vs. 1 & 1

No lies here buddy! We are in a parks jungle gym that is big enough to hold our battle. Poles criss cross squares every where and if your Pokemon is over 90 lb.s you best expect the ones it stands on collapse beneath him. All Two legged Pokemon have the advantage of both the poles and the flat wood boards while the four legged are limited to the boards unless they are willing to take a risk with a 75% chance of slipping. Pokemon of flight are limited as well for the many bars keep them from open sky and space. This is by a school folks, no waves here or you'll drown the kids watching!!!

Listed Notes...
-90 lb.s and up will collapse a segment of the jungle gym reducing the size of the arena
-Two legged Pokemon can travel on the poles, boards and if it comes down to it due to an oversize Pokemon, the very ground
-Four legged Pokemon can only use the boards or like the previous note, the ground
-Pokemon that can fly cannot use Fly but can walk on poles, boards and the ground
-If four legged Pokemon takes risk, roll this under "100 sided" and if it gets 75 or below that Pokemon falls to the ground (-5% Health)
-The trainers are standing on boards the Pokemon have no access to and we are at the middle of the gym

->Lv. 5 is where we are starting. The trainers are on the boards on the far ends and the Pokemon are on the boards towards the center opposite of their opponents.
->The rest are poles
->To keep track of our whereabouts, the reff wil mark the board or square you reside in with a color that represents you!

*Be sure to...*
-Leave your profile
-Choose a partner
-Read "everything"

Mine
ASB Profile
"No partner yet"
Red

*shrugs*
Sure, why not?

Mine
I'll be your partner if you want KQ!
Green

1 & 1 vs. 1 & 1

Listed Notes...

->The rest are poles

*Be sure to...*
-Leave your profile
-Choose a partner
-Read "everything"

Mine
ASB Profile
Red
*shrugs*
Sure, why not?

Mine
I'll be your partner if you want KQ!
Green

I'll battle as well.

I'll take blue.

Last edited:
Grass King, if you accept a challenge you need to make sure that the profiles of all people involved at that point are included in your post, one way or another.

Taking Walker vs. Shining Eevee and Bobino vs. MurrMurr and will put them up shortly, although there will be no actual reffings done until December 1st at the earliest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom