• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
~JV~ said:
2 vs 2 single
style: set
DQ:1 week
damage cap: 30%
banned moves: OHKO's, destiny bond, direct healing.
arena: The small tropical island

The island where the battle will take place is really small, it's composed mainly by sand, with a few rocky areas around. There is also a pond of sea water that covers half of the battle area. There is a group of coconut trees in the middle, players can spent one action telling their pokémon to drink coconut water, the water can recover the pokémon HP and Energy by 1~10% (random).

I'll take this! c: Profile

Anyone have time for a battle?
3 vs. 3 single battle
Set battle
DQ: 6 days
Cap:32%
Banned moves:OHKO moves
Battle Area: River
Not far from a bustling city is a quiet river, a perfect getaway for those who want to get away from the urban lifestyle for a few hours. The average speed of the river is about 7 km/hr. The river is split by an island in the middle. The island takes up about a quarter of the river width at its widest. The island is 50 meters long by 10 meters wide at its widest. Due to the size of the arena, Pokémon over 2 meters in height may not be used.

Last edited:
@Sage Noctowl

It says in the first post that you must include your profile link in your challenge, since some people have signatures turned off.

Anyone have time for a battle?
3 vs. 3 single battle
Set battle
DQ: 6 days
Cap:32%
Banned moves:OHKO moves
Battle Area: River
Not far from a bustling city is a quiet river, a perfect getaway for those who want to get away from the urban lifestyle for a few hours. The average speed of the river is about 7 km/hr. The river is split by an island in the middle. The island takes up about a quarter of the river width at its widest. The island is 50 meters long by 10 meters wide at its widest. Due to the size of the arena, Pokémon over 2 meters in height may not be used.

I'd like to take your challenge.

Thus, I'd like to revoke my challenge with Dr Frank.

E-Profile

@ Riding Thunder- Of course, we sorta have to make it 2vs2. I just realised that one of my Pokemon that I overlooked has levitate ability. Now do have to edit the Arena description in my post?

Last edited:
I don't know why you two keep going on about making that battle 2vs2; it was listed as 2vs2 in the original post.

Was it? Oops, I believe the fault is mine, here. When I put up the arena description and stuff, I thought I'd made it 3vs3. When Riding Thunder (who happens to be a friend of mine) asked if he could challenge me on ASB, I told him about the arena and how it worked. I also told him it was 3vs3, so he probably didn't read it over. My fault.

Last edited:
Format: 2 vs 2 single
Style: Switch
DQ Time: 1 week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO, direct recovery attacks, Weather Affecting Moves.

Arena : Seasonal Plain

Seasonal Plain is a rather large field with a medium sized pond in the middle, perfect for Pokemon Battles. There is a Laboratory in the distance. The influence of the experiments from said lab have caused a rather strange effect on the field. On each quarter of the field is a different Season. Each season has it's own affects on the pokemon in it.
Spring: 50% chance of Rainy weather coming into effect.
Summer: Sunny effect.
Autumn:20% chance of blowing over a battler each action.
winter 50% chance of snow, making ice types speed increase 1.5, 50% chance of hail. The pond is frozen solid.
Notes: It takes one action for Pokemon to run from one season into another. Ranged attacks can be fired from one season into the other.

Another of my unusable challenges!

4v4 triple (I am allowed this, yes?)
DQ: 1209600 C·V/W (comes out to seconds, or 14 days)
Damage Cap: 10%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: A Really Big Historic Battlefield

Generic. Except bigger. It would take about a round just to get from one end of the field to the other for a jolteon sprinting the whole way. There is a 12m-wide river that winds through the place dividing the two battlers' starting positions, which, for inexplicable reasons, is that width across regardless of location. There are, however, some islands in the river, and there was once a pair of bridges, but one is now just broken beyond repair, leaving a 11m gap, and the other will break under 40kg under earth-gravity.

so yeah

Format: 2 vs 2 single
Style: Switch
DQ Time: 1 week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO, direct recovery attacks, Weather Affecting Moves.

Arena : Seasonal Plain

Seasonal Plain is a rather large field with a medium sized pond in the middle, perfect for Pokemon Battles. There is a Laboratory in the distance. The influence of the experiments from said lab have caused a rather strange effect on the field. On each quarter of the field is a different Season. Each season has it's own affects on the pokemon in it.
Spring: 50% chance of Rainy weather coming into effect.
Summer: Sunny effect.
Autumn:20% chance of blowing over a battler each action.
winter 50% chance of snow, making ice types speed increase 1.5, 50% chance of hail. The pond is frozen solid.
Notes: It takes one action for Pokemon to run from one season into another. Ranged attacks can be fired from one season into the other.

I'll be taking this. I just hope Tcod will load on my computer this time. *grumbles*
Profilemibob

Another of my unusable challenges!

4v4 triple (I am allowed this, yes?)
DQ: 1209600 C·V/W (comes out to seconds, or 14 days)
Damage Cap: 10%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: A Really Big Historic Battlefield

Generic. Except bigger. It would take about a round just to get from one end of the field to the other for a jolteon sprinting the whole way. There is a 12m-wide river that winds through the place dividing the two battlers' starting positions, which, for inexplicable reasons, is that width across regardless of location. There are, however, some islands in the river, and there was once a pair of bridges, but one is now just broken beyond repair, leaving a 11m gap, and the other will break under 40kg under earth-gravity.

so yeah

Will take (sounds fun!)

eh, I can't think of any funny things to put here

4vs4 triple
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct healing moves limited to 3/Pokémon, chills to 5/Pokémon.
Arena: The Gridiron.

An open-air American football stadium. After years of disuse and neglect, it has greatly dilapidated. There is a field in the middle with a large seating area ringing around the outside, going upward as it gets farther out, much like this picture. It would take one action for a fast pokémon (base 90 speed and higher) to run the length of the field, or run from one end of the stands to the other, two actions for a faster pokémon. Near the bottom of the stands used to be scattered entrances that led under the stands, into a circular hallway that ran the length of the stands, but those entrances are caved in with concrete. At either end of the field, there are containers of football equipment. A pokémon may use one action to put on a piece of equipment. If it is body padding, it increases defense +1. If it is a helmet, it increases special defense +1. In addition, head-related attacks (Headbutt, Skull bash, etc.) do 5% more damage, unless the defender is wearing a helmet as well. A pokémon may only have one helmet and one set of padding on at a time, and can only use one of each for the whole battle. One piece of equipment lasts until the pokémon takes 30% damage of special damage for helmets and physical damage for padding. Also in the containers are footballs, which can be used as typeless projectile attacks. Its base power and whether it is a special or physical attack is determined by the method of using it. Every round, there is a 5% chance of heavy snow, which decreases speed for non-ice types -2 and decreases visibility to 20 yards, when outside.

Profile.

Note: this challenge is for Lars.

2vs2 Double
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Direct healing moves limited to 1/pokemon.
Arena: The dragon mountain

The dragon mountain is a gigantic mountain(like, duh), located in a mountain chain in which almost every sort of dragon type pokemon- these which are already known of and these which have yet to be identified- lives. The battle takes part near the cave of one of the dragon, on a rather small cliff, around 20x20 meter wide. Its quite stable, and somehow, it won't collapse even when an earthquake will occur, meaning the move of the same name may be used freely. Attacks that gather power from the area, like Earth Power, Natural Gift and Hidden Power, will have their power boosted by 2%.
In addition, dragon like/dragon type pokemon will find themselves restoring 2% health and energy at the end of every round. The cliff is located directly near a Flygon's cave, meaning that every round there is a 30% chance it will come out and use either Dragon Claw or Earth Power on every single pokemon, that is as long as it isnt a dragon like/dragon type pokemon.
Dragon attacks used in this area will have their power boosted by 3% damage.
Because the mountain contains lots of ancient dragon souls, the ground is full of red and blue flowers containing magical seeds. One may eat a seed, and it will take on a radom effect:
30% it will confuse the consumer,
40% it will raise the consumer's health by 10%,
15% it will poison and burn the consumer,
And a 15% chance it will raise all of the consumer's stats by 2 stages.

Notes: Only first stage pokemon(like Pichu, cleffa, happiny, charmander, geodude) can be used.
Also: Dragon like pokemon are pokemon like Charmander, Totodile, Aerodactyl, Gyarados, treecko, etc.

Last edited:
Note: this challenge is for Lars.

2vs2 Double
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Direct healing moves limited to 1/pokemon.
Arena: The dragon mountain

The dragon mountain is a gigantic mountain(like, duh), located in a mountain chain in which almost every sort of dragon type pokemon- these which are already known of and these which have yet to be identified- lives. The battle takes part near the cave of one of the dragon, on a rather small cliff, around 20x20 meter wide. Its quite stable, and somehow, it won't collapse even when an earthquake will occur, meaning the move of the same name may be used freely. Attacks that gather power from the area, like Earth Power, Natural Gift and Hidden Power, will have their power boosted by 2%.
In addition, dragon like/dragon type pokemon will find themselves restoring 2% health and energy at the end of every round. The cliff is located directly near a Flygon's cave, meaning that every round there is a 30% chance it will come out and use either Dragon Claw or Earth Power on every single pokemon, that is as long as it isnt a dragon like/dragon type pokemon.
Dragon attacks used in this area will have their power boosted by 3% damage.
Because the mountain contains lots of ancient dragon souls, the ground is full of red and blue flowers containing magical seeds. One may eat a seed, and it will take on a radom effect:
30% it will confuse the consumer,
40% it will raise the consumer's health by 10%,
15% it will poison and burn the consumer,
And a 15% chance it will raise all of the consumer's stats by 2 stages.

Notes: Only first stage pokemon(like Pichu, cleffa, happiny, charmander, geodude) can be used.
Also: Dragon like pokemon are pokemon like Charmander, Totodile, Aerodactyl, Gyarados, treecko, etc.

Accepted!

by the way:
My ProfileCharmanP's Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom