• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The 'Dex Registry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Sheebit
Type: Ground
Height: 1' 02"
Weight: 17.2 lbs
Habitat: Mountain
Ability: Inner focus

Level-Up Moves

- Tackle
- Sand Attack
11 Focus Energy
17 Sand Tomb
21 Magnitude
25 Endure
31 Sandstorm
48 Earthquake

(okay, so I cut out the special-made moves, which were both damaging ground-type moves with unimportant special effects. Nothing major. Annnd half the movepool in addition to that, to get it down to the eight-move limit.)

Egg Moves

- Slash
- Bone rush
- Curse
- Low kick

Tutor Moves

- Double-edge
- Sleep talk
- Snore
- Substitute
- Body Slam
- Mud-slap
- Swagger
- Swift

TM/HM Moves

TM45 Attract
TM78 Captivate
TM32 Double Team
TM58 Endure
TM21 Frustration
TM10 Hidden Power
TM83 Natural Gift
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM44 Rest
TM27 Return
TM37 Sandstorm
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM11 Sunny Day
TM97 Swagger
TM08 Toxic

TM05 Roar
TM26 Earthquake
TM28 Dig
TM31 Brick Break
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM42 Facade
TM43 Secret Power
TM76 Stealth Rock

Evolution: Sheebit -(level 16)-> Terrabbit -(level 36)-> Laissure
Rarity: R7

Physical Description:
ambergroundstarter11yj9.gif

Sheebit is small and stoutly built, resembling a rabbit. Its body is mainly covered in brown fur, but the tips of its ears, paws, and tails are cream-colored. It has large ears and because of this quite refined hearing. On its head are two large, curled horns like those of a ram. Sheebit tend to keep their horns very sharp and therefore they are very powerful weapons at close range. They also protect from attacks to the side and top of the head. Sheebits have two little tails which at this evolutionary stage serve little purpose.

Pokédex Data:
TCoDASB: SHEEBIT have a very calm temperament and are often given to beginning trainers. Their horns grow in very early, and protect the head from harm after accidental falls from rocky precipices.

Amber: um something xD

Notes: Sheebit is a starter in Pokemon Amber (because ground-types are cool D:) but I don't see why not to use it here because the line is one of my favourites liek evar. So.

Name: Terrabbit
Height: 3' 05"
Weight: 65.5 lbs

Level-Up Moves

- Tackle
- Sand Attack
11 Focus Energy
16 Horn Attack
20 Sand Tomb
25 Magnitude
40 Horn Drill
44 Spikes
47 Skull Bash
52 Earthquake

Egg Moves

- Slash
- Bone rush
- Curse
- Low kick

Tutor Moves

- Double-edge
- Sleep talk
- Snore
- Substitute
- Body Slam
- Mega Kick
- Mud-slap
- Swagger
- Swift

TM/HM Moves

TM45 Attract
TM78 Captivate
TM32 Double Team
TM58 Endure
TM21 Frustration
TM10 Hidden Power
TM83 Natural Gift
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM44 Rest
TM27 Return
TM37 Sandstorm
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM11 Sunny Day
TM97 Swagger
TM08 Toxic

TM05 Roar
TM08 Bulk Up
TM23 Iron Tail
TM26 Earthquake
TM28 Dig
TM31 Brick Break
TM33 Reflect
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM42 Facade
TM43 Secret Power
TM60 Drain Punch
TM76 Stealth Rock

Rarity: R7

Physical Description:
ambergroundstarter2ja8.gif

Terrabbit is much longer-limbed and sleeker than Sheebit. Its fur is still the same shade of brown, but now it has a cream underbelly as well as cream spots all over its body. Terrabbits horns fork at the ends and both end in sharp points. It moves by jumping like a kangaroo and is usually on two legs when doing so, but at times of rest will sometimes revert to four legs. Its tails are very large and flexible, and it uses them to attack with or to support itself.

Pokédex Data:
TCoDASB: TERRABBIT have impeccable balance. They have been known to be able to stand on a point the size of a quarter. There has never been a documented record of one slipping.

Amber: Large packs of SHEEBIT, TERRABBIT, and LAISSURE roam the mountain steppes of Kosek. TERRABBIT occupy the body of these packs, taking care of the baby SHEEBIT as well as fighting predators.

Notes: And Kosek is the region they're from. :3 I like Terrabbit, but the whole point of the line really is...

Name: Laissure
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 322 lbs

Level-Up Moves

- Tackle
- Sand Attack
11 Focus Energy
16 Horn Attack
25 Magnitude
28 Endure
35 Sandstorm
36 Earth Power
42 Horn Drill
49 Spikes
55 Skull Bash
62 Earthquake

Egg Moves

- Slash
- Bone rush
- Curse
- Low kick

Tutor Moves

- Double-edge
- Sleep talk
- Snore
- Substitute
- Body Slam
- Mega Kick
- Mud-slap
- Swagger
- Swift

TM/HM Moves

TM45 Attract
TM78 Captivate
TM32 Double Team
TM58 Endure
TM21 Frustration
TM10 Hidden Power
TM83 Natural Gift
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM44 Rest
TM27 Return
TM37 Sandstorm
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM11 Sunny Day
TM97 Swagger
TM08 Toxic

TM05 Roar
TM08 Bulk Up
TM20 Safeguard
TM23 Iron Tail
TM26 Earthquake
TM28 Dig
TM31 Brick Break
TM33 Reflect
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM42 Facade
TM43 Secret Power
TM60 Drain Punch
TM68 Giga Impact
TM71 Stone Edge
TM75 Swords Dance
TM76 Stealth Rock

Rarity: R8

Physical Description:
ambergroundstarter32gf6.gif

Laissure is on all fours again. Its markings are similar to Terrabbits, with rows of cream spots running down each of its legs. Its horns are very long, and the curve out from the head and then in on themselves, with a second point sticking straight forward. It has bony protrusions shaped like rings all along its spine. Its tails are ridiculously huge.

Pokédex Data:
TCoDASB: LAISSURE's power is said to be second only to legendary Pokemon. It creates earthquakes by pounding the ground with its huge tails.

Amber: It is said that LAISSURE was once a legendary Pokemon, but it was overthrown and stripped of its powers. It still rules the mountains, leading packs of SHEEBIT and TERRABBIT.

Notes: Pity I couldn't put in Laissure's signature move, Subduction. :< Ah well. I'm hoping Laissure is in the range for this ASB? It may be CAPABLE OF GREAT DESTRUCTION, but then again it's fully evolved so yeah. I'll take what you throw at me in terms of critique. :x

Eh, I don't think it's too powerful. I mean, Charizard could probably melt an entire mountain given a little while. The only question I have is about Horn Drill: how are Pokémon with rather stationary-looking ram-like horns able to use it? And, by the way, is Terrabbit's description saying that, in effect, it has a total of four points on its horns? It's just that it isn't automatically evident from the sprite. That's not a huge deal in and of itself, I'm just wondering.

Other than the minor question about Horn Drill, which may or may not be consequential anyway, they look good to go to me. I suppose I'll go ahead and approve it.

Lacking the two battles required - despite being cued for three [/hintforrefstopleaserefabattle] - but I just want to see if there is anything else I need to change. And I think the Pokedex Entries for Tortagator explain its change from Dark to Psychic quite well. Also, sprites (you should probably get a spriter to update those. I have gotten better, but I am not good enough yet to fix older sprites that I made) for this line are in an earlier post

Name:Tormutle
Height: 2'0"
Weight: 19 Lbs
Habitat: Water's Edge
Ability: Torrent

Type 1: Water
Type 2: Dark

Level-Up Moves

N/A: Rapid Spin
N/A: Tail Whip
L.V. 7: Bubble
L.V.10: Scratch
L.V.13: Bite
L.V.16: Screech
L.V.19: Slash
L.V.22: Crunch

Egg Moves

Withdraw
Fire Fang
Ice Fang

Tutor Moves

Swagger
Sleep Talk
Double-Edge
Snore
Swords Dance
Mega Punch
Mega Kick
Mud-Slap
Endure

TM/HM Moves

TM08 Toxic
TM12 Taunt
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM10 Hidden Power
TM21 Frustration
TM23 Iron Tail
TM27 Return
TM32 Double Team
TM40 Aerial Ace
TM41 Torment
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Theif
TM56 Fling
TM58 Endure
TM78 Captivate
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM97 Swagger
HM01 Cut
HM03 Surf
HM04 Strength
HM06 Rock Smash

Evolution:

Level 17: Crocatoise
Crocatoise + Dawn Stone: Tortagator

Rarity: 8

Pokédex Data:

Shell Reptile Pokemon

Entry 1 - This Pokemon emits a high-pitch screech upon hatching, which stuns small prey. It appears to do this so that it can get an easy first meal, since the eggs are abandoned when they are close to hatching.

Entry 2 - Tormutle have a shell that constantly grows throughout its life. This shell, however, is light-weight and weak, causing it to break very easily. As such, this constant growth is very beneficial.

Notes:

Base Stats from highest to lowest:

Attack
Speed
Special Attack
HP
Special Defense
Defense

Name:Crocatoise
Height: 3'7"
Weight: 82 Lbs

Type 2: Dark

Level-Up Moves

N/A: Bubble
N/A: Scratch
L.V.17: Bite
L.V.22: Screech
L.V.27: Slash
L.V.32: Crunch
L.V.37: Ice Punch
L.V.42: Night Slash

Egg Moves

Withdraw
Fire Fang
Ice Fang

Tutor Moves

Swagger
Sleep Talk
Double-Edge
Snore
Swords Dance
Mega Punch
Mega Kick
Mud-Slap
Endure

TM/HM Moves

TM03 Water Pulse
TM08 Toxic
TM12 Taunt
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM10 Hidden Power
TM21 Frustration
TM23 Iron Tail
TM27 Return
TM31 Brick Break
TM32 Double Team
TM40 Aerial Ace
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Theif
TM49 Snatch
TM52 Focus Blast
TM56 Fling
TM58 Endure
TM78 Captivate
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM97 Swagger
HM01 Cut
HM03 Surf
HM04 Strength
HM06 Rock Smash

Evolution:

Dawn Stone: Tortagator

Pokédex Data:

Shell Reptile Pokemon

Entry 1 - After evolution, the shell becomes harder, although it remains lightweight. Specializing in hand-to-hand combat, Crocatoise is considered relatively deadly. It has been reported that it can match a Hitmonchan, blow for blow, although this has yet to be confirmed.

Entry 2 - This Pokemon tends to be more valiant in battle, despite its typing. However, it cannot resist resorting to trickery every now and then. A favourite of this Pokemon is to pose as a Fighting Type, using its developed muscles and ability to use a few Fighting-Type moves, then strike the opponent with Dark Moves the second they try to use Psychic Moves.

Notes:

Attack
Speed
Defense
Special Attack
HP
Special Defense

Name:Tortagator
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 263 Lbs

Type 2: Psychic

Level-Up Moves

N/A: Bubble
N/A: Scratch
L.V.18: Bite
L.V.24: Screech
L.V.30: Slash
L.V.36: Crunch
L.V.42: Ice Punch
L.V.48: Calm Mind
L.V.54: Recover
L.V.60: Psychic

Egg Moves

Withdraw
Fire Fang
Ice Fang

Tutor Moves

Swagger
Sleep Talk
Double-Edge
Snore
Swords Dance
Mega Punch
Mud-Slap
Endure

TM/HM Moves

TM02 Dragon Claw
TM03 Water Pulse
TM08 Toxic
TM12 Taunt
TM13 Ice Beam
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM10 Hidden Power
TM21 Frustration
TM23 Iron Tail
TM27 Return
TM31 Brick Break
TM32 Double Team
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM52 Focus Blast
TM56 Fling
TM58 Endure
TM65 Shadow Claw
TM72 Avalanche
TM77 Psych Up
TM78 Captivate
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM92 Trick Room
TM97 Swagger
HM01 Cut
HM03 Surf
HM04 Strength
HM06 Rock Smash
HM07 Waterfall
HM08 Rock Climb

Pokédex Data:

Shell Gator Pokemon

Entry 1 - The shell in this stage of evolution is quite heavy and thick, allowing Tortagator to take many blows before going down. The hardest part of its shell is the gem in the center, which it uses to enhance its psychic powers. The gem regrows if it breaks, despite being a Dawn Stone. As such, it is speculated that it must have become organic matter in the course of evolution.

Entry 2 - A powerful Pokemon, it is quite clumsy when trying to use its legs to attack or move. As such, it prefers to remain in one spot and let its opponent come to it, at which point it lets loose with a flurry of attacks. Due to its thick shell and habit of letting foes come to it, it has earned the nickname 'The Moving Fortress'.

Entry 3 - Crocatoise evolves into this Pokemon by holding a Dawn Stone. The stone reacts with the Pokemon, causing a bizzare mutation. This mutation serves to change its typing from Dark to Psychic. Scientists are still puzzled by this, unsure as to how this mutation occurs.

Entry 4 - The gem on its chest is actually a Dawn Stone, dyed red due to fusing with this Pokemon. It has lost its usual evolution-inducing abilities, but in their place, it gained properties not unlike those of the pearl a Spoink wears on its head.

Notes:

Attack/Special Attack
Defense/Special Defense
HP
Speed

If the Pokedex entries aren't good enough, then all I can think of besides that to help substantiate the type change further is an alternate evolution for Crocatoise that works via levelling up.

Mh, well I guess the fact that it has horns in the first place would justify the use of horn drill... well um. I guess it could twist its head to gore the opponent instead. Yeah, violent, I know. Or... oh! How 'bout the ends of their horns can twist if needed?

...Oh whoops, I thought Terrabbit had forked horns, but the sprite only has two. ^^; never mind that then.

Now to fight those battles!~

Involuntary Twitch

I had the same thoughts on horn drill that Kratos did upon looking at this line; however, I think they're close enough in horn morphology to tauros for it to be okay. I was wondering about bone rush, though; traditionally, that's an attack that can only be learned by creatures associated with bones (lucario being a canine), and specifically by bipeds, with only terrabbit being one in this line. How would it be performed without the ability to really throw anything?

Icalasari

I'd really prefer that you isolate the sprites from the data fields if you're going to use them as the visual aide. You don't need sprites; drawings work as well, if that would be easier. It is your responsibility, not mine, to find a spriter if yours aren't good enough.

"It just happens and nobody really knows why" isn't much of a reason for the type change, no. A split evolutionary path would be better.

Uh, fire fang? Trick room also doesn't make much sense; it's an attack restricted to mystical kind of pokémon: the natu and baltoy lines, and some ghosts. The TM progression doesn't entirely make sense, either--it can only learn shadow claw upon evolving into a psychic-type, for example.

This pokémon would probably be rarity seven. Also, I'm not terribly enamored of the fact that it's really just a fusion of two extant starter lines.

Yeah, I will have separate sprites when I can officially submit it

The fang attacks made sense in my mind, and honestly, Fire Fang on a Water type makes FAR more sense than Thunder Fang, in my opinion

I... Didn't realize it was restricted to mystical Pokemon. Sorry x.x

The Shadow Claw was a result of me attempting to stuff in all the TMs I could for the Tormutle Line. Since I will have to do a split evo, I can transfer Shadow Claw to the other Evolution, though

Also, the fusion part was back when I thought Mary-Sues/Cliches were cool! :D I will probably try redoing them after all, though, so they are less splicing and more scratch

Yeah, you would have pissed your pants laughing at the original base stats of Tortagator, wondering if I was really serious x.x

You don't need a sprite; a regular drawing will do.

Alternatively, get someone else to sprite it for you.

Unfortunately, I'm even worse at drawing than I am at spriting.
What I was asking is, do you have any recommendations for someone who could sprite for me?

Unfortunately, I'm even worse at drawing than I am at spriting.
What I was asking is, do you have any recommendations for someone who could sprite for me?

If you want a drawing, I will be very willing to do one, provided I get a good description of what I'm drawing~

Should TM42 Facade and TM43 Secret Power be on the free TMs list, since each has 481 pokemon that gets it so they're also universal TMs?

And any particular reason why TM37 Sandstorm is free but not TM07 Hail?

Added 42 and 43, removed 37. I'm not sure where you're getting 481 from, though, since there's no TM that can be learned by that many pokémon.

While we're all here and asking questions, are fakes supposed to be purchased from the Registration Office like everything else, and if so then shouldn't they (Enculli) be added to the list of purchaseable Pokémon? I know that hardly anyone ever bought new species before, but if they don't pay attention to this thread and then on top of that don't see it as an option in the Registration Office...

EDIT: Oh, and can approved species be purchased by other people (or the creator, I guess) even if the creator hasn't reached their battle requirement and claimed one for free?

Last edited:
New species are bought from the Registration Office, yes. I meant to add Enculli earlier, but I guess I didn't.

A pokémon isn't considered officially approved until the two-battle requirement is already met, so no, a species can't be purchased by anyone before that point.

Looking for approval before the battles are done, yes.

Name: Chthosphyxian
Type: Ghost
Height: 2.5 m
Weight: 21 kg
Habitat: Cave
Ability: Levitate

Level-Up Moves
00 Wrap
04 Leer
13 Bite
17 Scary Face
26 Spite
30 Crunch
39 Glare
43 Grudge

Egg Moves
Curse
Foresight
Imprison
Shadow Sneak

Tutor Moves
Endure
Mimic
Sleep Talk
Snore
Substitute
Swagger

Dream Eater
Psych Up
Rock Slide
Swords Dance

TM/HM Moves
TM08 Toxic
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM21 Frustration
TM27 Return
TM32 Double Team
TM42 Façade
TM43 Secret Power
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM58 Endure
TM78 Captivate
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM83 Natural Gift
TM90 Substitute
TM97 Swagger

TM12 Taunt
TM29 Psychic
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM41 Torment
TM49 Snatch
TM61 Will-O-Wisp
TM63 Embargo
TM66 Payback
TM79 Dark Pulse

Evolution: Lv 36 --> Lasprit
Speed: 40

Physical Description:
Image by FMC

Chthosphyxian’s upper body looks vaguely humanoid. Its head has multiple eyes on both sides, which can be red or gold, and the eye-pattern varies amongst individuals. Sharp fangs line its wide, usually grinning mouth. A chain emerges from its stomach, over the slender shoulders and neck, and wraps around its waist. A shackle around each wrist chains each to a heavy iron ball, restricting the use of its three-fingered hands. Below the waist, it has a long, flexible tail tapering off to a point. Two balls of blue flame float somewhere around it, casting light on its smooth black skin and the dull grey metal.

Pokédex Data:
1. Its weights prevent it from lifting its arms as punishment for killing dozens in its past life.
2. It was once a human that died in prison. The chains of its anger bound it to this world.
3. Because of the weights, it can’t pass on. In revenge, it wraps people with its tail and holds them until they die.
4. It is said to be the ghost of a murderous human. It lurks in the darkness to continue its work.
5. It can’t lift its arms. However, it sometimes shoves others to the floor with its tail and drops a weight on their heads.

Notes:
When using ghost-only abilities, the chains and weights and shackles remain solid.

-

Name: Lasprit
Type: Ghost
Height: 60 cm; chain length 2.4 m
Weight: 1.4 kg
Habitat: Caves

Level-Up Moves
00 Wrap
04 Leer
13 Bite
17 Scary Face
26 Spite
30 Crunch
40 Pursuit
45 Slam
55 Flail
60 Wring Out

Egg Moves
Curse
Foresight
Imprison
Shadow Sneak

Tutor Moves
Endure
Mimic
Sleep Talk
Snore
Substitute
Swagger

Dream Eater
Psych Up
Rock Slide
Swords Dance

TM/HM Moves
TM08 Toxic
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM21 Frustration
TM27 Return
TM32 Double Team
TM42 Façade
TM43 Secret Power
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM58 Endure
TM78 Captivate
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM83 Natural Gift
TM90 Substitute
TM97 Swagger

TM12 Taunt
TM29 Psychic
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM34 Shock Wave
TM35 Flamethrower
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM41 Torment
TM49 Snatch
TM54 False Swipe
TM61 Will-O-Wisp
TM63 Embargo
TM66 Payback
TM73 Thunder Wave
TM79 Dark Pulse
HM01 Cut

Evolution: Trade --> Spectrythe, Happiness --> Spectrail
Speed: 100

Physical Description:
Image by FMC

Lasprit’s body is a dark greyish-blue sphere with several red and gold eyes on both the left and right side of its face. An appendage sticks out the top of its head, curving down to below Lasprit’s body. It has a small mouth and two hands floating in the air close to it, usually holding onto the handle and weight of a flail. The handle is made of wood, and the chains and weight are made of dull grey iron. The weight, a small orb, has two shiny steel blades sticking out on opposite sides, and two eyes opposite each other. Underneath one of the blades, there is a mouth lined with fangs. A ball of blue flame floats around it, occasionally circling Lasprit.

Pokédex Data:
1. Lasprit can control the chain’s movement. It can even use its weapon in enclosed spaces.
2. When you travel deep within a cave, make sure you have someone with you. If Lasprit wraps its chain around your companion, you can run away safely.
3. Can fend off multiple opponents with its flail. However, it endangers any ally that comes close as well.
4. Its weapon can think and talk. The weight at the end can even steer while moving.
5. Evolved when it became powerful enough to escape from its bonds. It turned its chains into a weapon.

Notes:
Weapon’s solid here, though Lasprit can easily drop it. That prevents it from using many of its attacks, though.

-

Name: Spectrythe
Type: Ghost / Steel
Height: 40 cm; chain length 2.2 m; shaft 1 m; blade 1 m
Weight: 23 kg

Level-Up Moves
00 Wrap
04 Leer
13 Bite
17 Scary Face
26 Spite
30 Crunch
40 Pursuit
45 Slam
56 Slash
62 Razor Wind
73 Psycho Cut
79 Night Slash

Egg Moves
Curse
Foresight
Imprison
Shadow Sneak

Tutor Moves
Double-Edge
Endure
Mimic
Sleep Talk
Snore
Substitute
Swagger

Dream Eater
Psych Up
Rock Slide
Swords Dance

TM/HM Moves
TM08 Toxic
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM21 Frustration
TM27 Return
TM32 Double Team
TM42 Façade
TM43 Secret Power
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM58 Endure
TM78 Captivate
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM83 Natural Gift
TM90 Substitute
TM97 Swagger

TM12 Taunt
TM26 Earthquake
TM29 Psychic
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM34 Shock Wave
TM35 Flamethrower
TM37 Sandstorm
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM40 Aerial Ace
TM41 Torment
TM49 Snatch
TM54 False Swipe
TM57 Charge Beam
TM61 Will-O-Wisp
TM63 Embargo
TM66 Payback
TM73 Thunder Wave
TM79 Dark Pulse
TM91 Flash Cannon
HM01 Cut

Evolution: No more
Speed: 90

Physical Description:
Image by FMC

The first thing most would notice is Spectrythe’s huge sickle, with a long wooden shaft and enormous blade for Spectrythe’s size. Both wide and long, the only the underside of the blade is sharp enough to cut on contact, but the other edge of the blade is sharp enough to cut with enough force behind it. The sickle has a cluster of eyes on the shaft by the blade, and a few larger eyes on the blade itself. Fangs, the same almost-black as the rest of the blade, line two mouths on the blade: one on each edge. An iron chain links the scythe to a much smaller weight at the end of the chain.

Spectrythe’s floating hands are usually holding the sickle, weight, or both, in front of its body. Spectrythe is a small light silvery-blue ball with a tail around the same length, with small eyes and a mouth. A pale blue fireball accompanies its ghostly body.

Pokédex Data:
1. The blade has a mind of its own. However, it obeys its master’s wishes.
2. It can throw its blade to attack from a distance. However, it usually throws its chain instead.
3. If a Spectrythe wraps its chain around you, abandon all hope. It will cut you with its blade while you can’t escape.
4. Weapon and wielder are telepathically linked. If one gets hurt, the other feels it.
5. Rumours say that the blade is the real pokémon. The wielder just helps it move.

Notes:
The weapon is solid and cannot phase, and it’s also a viable target – the weapon’s sort of part of spectrythe, so damaging it hurts spectrythe as well. It can be dropped to phase, yes, but that just leaves a barely mobile target around.

-

Name: Spectrail
Type: Ghost / Steel
Height: 40 cm; chain length 1.5 m; morning star 60 cm diameter
Weight: 31 kg

Level-Up Moves
00 Wrap
04 Leer
13 Bite
17 Scary Face
26 Spite
30 Crunch
40 Pursuit
45 Slam
56 Flail
62 Thrash
73 Meteor Mash
79 Giga Impact

Egg Moves
Curse
Foresight
Imprison
Shadow Sneak

Tutor Moves
Double-Edge
Endure
Mimic
Sleep Talk
Snore
Substitute
Swagger

Dream Eater
Psych Up
Rock Slide
Swords Dance

TM/HM Moves
TM08 Toxic
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM21 Frustration
TM27 Return
TM32 Double Team
TM42 Façade
TM43 Secret Power
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM58 Endure
TM78 Captivate
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM83 Natural Gift
TM90 Substitute
TM97 Swagger

TM12 Taunt
TM26 Earthquake
TM29 Psychic
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM34 Shock Wave
TM35 Flamethrower
TM37 Sandstorm
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM41 Torment
TM49 Snatch
TM54 False Swipe
TM61 Will-O-Wisp
TM63 Embargo
TM64 Explosion
TM66 Payback
TM73 Thunder Wave
TM79 Dark Pulse
TM91 Flash Cannon
HM01 Cut
HM06 Rock Smash

Evolution: No more
Speed: 70

Physical Description:
Image by FMC

Spectrail is a small, silvery-blue ball with a tail of roughly the same length, accompanied by a floating blue fireball. It generally has an innocent, playful expression, such as sticking out its tongue. The detached hands hold onto a long wooden stick, which has a band of iron with spike near the end. An iron chain links the shaft to a huge morning star, with several sharp spikes protruding from the head. The morning star has a few large eyes and mouths lined with fangs on the surface between the spikes.

Pokédex Data:
1. It likes to use its flail to cause cave-ins and trap people in tunnels. However, it is sometimes trapped as well.
2. If you’re in a tunnel and it suddenly collapses around you, you may hear childish giggling. This means Spectrail is trying to kill you.
3. It can feel its weapon’s pain through a telepathic link. There is only one living being in the world that it cares for as much as its weapon.
4. The easiest way to defeat it is to attack its weapon. Destroying the weapon will kill the pokémon.
5. Great love for someone has transformed it into a happy, childish soul. However, it still has murderous tendencies.

Notes:
Like spectrythe’s: the weapon is solid and cannot phase, and it can be attacked to damage spectrail.

I'm going to say nooooo on the tiny wisp thing with preposterously outsize weaponry, unless you want to have each require a significant energy upkeep per round in order to keep them under control/actually use them.

Base and midform are okay in terms of morphology, although it seems like the midform should weigh a lot more than 1.4 kg, considering that its weapon is made of solid iron. Where is flamethrower coming from?

It would be nice if you could get higher-quality images if you choose to resubmit; these don't look like they've been cleaned up much.

...but they're so cute! D:

Chose Flamethrower because "olook FMC gave it a fireball -> stronger affinity with fire" and there's no weaker fire attack TM, although I could easily find a replacement.

Will attempt to get bigger wisp thing.

7 kg or so sound good on the middle stage?

Also uh, I forget if this is a requirement in ASB, but Chthosphyxian goes over the ten (eleven?) character limit for names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom