• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Final Fantasy club

Least favorites, huh?

I'm going to go the (likely) less traveled route and pick my least favorite heroes first: Cloud (not so much the character as the fanclub he has--but in my defense, I haven't played VII, nor do I want to.), Selphie (even with GFs on her, she isn't very strong, but her saving grace is her Limit Break and her obsession with trains) and Tidus (I'm not sure why on this choice, but something about him just rubs me the wrong way)

*JOINS*!

I've got/played VII, VIII, X, X-2 and XII. :D My favourite being VII, followed by X. Hardly played XII at all though, finishing VIII first.

Favourite characters, eh? Here are my top ten...

1. Cloud
2. Squall
3. Yuna
4. Tifa
5. Quistis
6. Selphie
7. Aeris
8. Yuffie
9. Laguna
10. Seifer, Zell and Auron (couldn't decide between these three. XD)

Who are everyone's least favourite characters? Mine are probably Rinoa, Vincent and uh... all the bad guys. :D

Rinoa? How DARE you?

And I guess Tellah from FF4 just cause~

*JOINS*!

I've got/played VII, VIII, X, X-2 and XII. :D My favourite being VII, followed by X. Hardly played XII at all though, finishing VIII first.

Favourite characters, eh? Here are my top ten...

1. Cloud
2. Squall
3. Yuna
4. Tifa
5. Quistis
6. Selphie
7. Aeris
8. Yuffie
9. Laguna
10. Seifer, Zell and Auron (couldn't decide between these three. XD)

Who are everyone's least favourite characters? Mine are probably Rinoa, Vincent and uh... all the bad guys. :D

I personally disliked Fran. She was only there for fanservice (along with the Eruyt Village, although I loved the music) and to inform us of the strong prescence of mist. >.> And Vayne and Dr Cid. are actually pretty interesting villains, if you ask me. And Ba'gamnan. And Ultros, if I ever get a chance to play VI :)

Fanservice aside, Fran is actually a good character--although I wished they would've explored her relationship with Balthier more

I don't know enough characters to make a top ten, but Sephiroth is pretty cool. I might make a Kingdom Hearts club, so if you also like Kingdom Hearts watch out for it. I thought this was the best place to say that .

Ah yes, Zeromus, such a BIG PAIN.

Do you have the knife/whatever it was that you can throw with Edge which does about 9000 damage because many people say that it's near impossible to defeat Zeromus without it.

But really I don't have to much advice apart from TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN.

Fuma Shurikens, and Shurikens in general? I've got about 8 of the first, and 60 of the second.

The unfortunate thing is that I don't have a really good place to train. I thought I was over levelled for a while. I was sooooo wrong.

Cirrus said:

You don't like Vincent? D:

I never liked Tidus from FFX that much. I found him to be too whiny through the entire game. There's one scene in Luca when he talks with Auron that was agony to sit through. All he did was bitch about how it was all Auron's fault. Plus he was a flat-out idiot, in my opinion.

Penelo's kind of annoying, and she and Vaan don't really seem to serve much of any purpose in FFXII's plot. She does have some good scenes, but then again most of those are simply Balthier making some one liners at her expense.

But I thought Fran was a pretty decent character, they just didn't really explore her past as much as they should have.

From the FFIV DS Gamefaq...

== Lunar Subterrane - B12 ==
Before you take another step, make sure you are equipped properly and have the
proper Abilities on your team. If you've been following this guide, Kain should
have Jump, Focus, Darkness, Phoenix and Cry in his Auto-Battle slot. Rydia
should have Black Magic, Summon, Fast Talker, Piercing Magic and Bluff in her
Auto-Battle. Cecil should have Attack, White Magic, Brace, HP +50% and any
ability in Auto-Battle. Rosa should have Aim, Dualcast, MP +50%, Omnicasting
and Pray in her Auto-Battle. Edge should have Attack, Throw, Steal, any ability
and Bless in his Auto-Battle.

Watch the scenes that ensue. You'll receive the CRYSTAL from Golbez and the
final battle will begin.

Only Cecil can use the Crystal. Don't bother buffing anyone since Zeromus'
initial attack will remove them. However, you can hit Darkness on Kain and make
sure he has a round or two of Focus. Also, make sure everyone's ATB bar is full
so they can act immediately. Use the Crystal to face:

O--------------------------------------------------O
| #197 - Zeromus |
O---------------------O----------------------------O
| Level ........ 68 | Weakness |
| HP ....... 150000 | None |
| EXP ........... 0 | |
| Gil ........... 0 | Resistance |
| | None |
| | |
| Steal | Absorb |
| Dark Matter | None |
| | |
| Drops | |
| None | |
| | |
O---------------------O----------------------------O

Zeromus has a few attacks, the most brutal being Big Bang and Black Hole. Big
Bang will cause massive damage to everyone and leaves them with Sap. Luckily,
you have a forewarning on this because Zeromus will shake before he uses Big
Bang. You should have everyone Defend or Brace at that point and have Rosa on
standby for quick healing.

Black Hole will remove all your hard-earned buffs and remove any negative
status effects from Zeromus (like Slow). One upside is that it also removes the
Sap status that Big Bang causes.

Zeromus also uses Osmose, Flare and Whirl (a Tornado-type attack that hits the
whole team). He will also use Counter:Flare to any Black Magic attack. He uses
Counter:Osmose to Summons.

Zeromus has three major attack patterns. When his HP is anywhere between 90000
and 150000, his attack pattern will be:

Black Hole -> Big Bang -> Black Hole -> Osmose -> Big Bang (x2) -> Osmose ->
repeat from start

When his HP is between 30000 and 89999, the attack pattern will be:

Osmose -> Big Bang -> Black Hole -> Flare -> Osmose -> Black Hole -> Big Bang
-> repeat from start

When his HP dips anywhere below 30000, the attack pattern will get much worse:

Meteor -> Osmose -> Whirl

Here's a small list of what each character will do throughout this battle.

Kain - Jump. Don't even bother with Focus (but maybe hit Darkness on him). You
may want to keep him on the ground if he needs healing. Also, if he has Sap
on him, you might want to have him get hit with Black Hole to remove it.

Rydia - Summon Bahamut. Yeah, yeah, Osmose is a pain in the ass but that's why
you have Elixirs along. You DID remember to buy a ton of them, right?

Cecil - Attack. Or help build defenses.

Rosa - Curaja and Blink/Protect/Shell/Haste. Hopefully you have Dualcast on
her. If not, then you'll have to do it once every round.

A certain degree of common sense should take place here. If you need to use a
Dry Ether, Elixir or Megalixer, USE IT! Don't worry about whose turn it is,
just use items as you need.

The fight is hard, but Zeromus WILL go down. I beat him with my team at the
following levels:

Kain - 58
Rydia - 61
Cecil - 62
Rosa - 62
Edge - 62

Once it's all said and done, watch the ending scenes. Much more has been added
to this version than before, so enjoy the scenes!

Congratulations! You have officially completed the story of FINAL FANTASY IV.
I think FINAL FANTASY IV has one of the best endings in the Final Fantasy
series, so watch it and enjoy!
And I'm not talking about the Shurikens, I'm talking about the item called 'KNIFE' that you get after you...

See Yang once in the Sylph Cave.
Go back to his castle and talk to his wife who will give you a Frying Pan.
Then go back to the Sylph Cave and talk to Yang. You will hit him on the head with the Frying Pan and he will awake. After a scene Rydia will learn the Sylph summon.
Go back to Fabul and talk to Yang's wife, return the Frying Pan and you will get the Knife.

But if you didn't do the sidequest earlier then you can't get the knife :(

Cause people say it's the only way, throw the Knife at a crucial point(no idea when but maybe when Zeromus is about to use something or something rather)

Penelo's kind of annoying, and she and Vaan don't really seem to serve much of any purpose in FFXII's plot. She does have some good scenes, but then again most of those are simply Balthier making some one liners at her expense.

But I thought Fran was a pretty decent character, they just didn't really explore her past as much as they should have.

lolPenelo.

They tried to look into her past, but it was only for a moment of fan service, and thrown in for almost no reason at all. The story could have worked without it. They looked even less into Penelo; almost like she had none, although hers was like Vaans, and Vaans looked into.

Would you rather play another generic game with some super awesome dude as the hero, or watch a character develop (you know what I mean) from being just a civilian to liberating a nation? Particularly a victim of a serious war that caused all this? I personally thought Penelo was just to help build connections with the other characters, and to show that he still has at least someone to rely on, unlike Ashe.

Fanservice aside, Fran is actually a good character--although I wished they would've explored her relationship with Balthier more

I think they showed Balthier and Fran's relationship pretty well; they're (maybe extremely) good friends and partners. There are plenty of scenes showing this, and that guy who hooks up with a viera says it.

Basch and Gabranth, on the other hand, feels like it was thrown in at the last moment. Either that, or it's hard to notice unless going through another play through. (Whilst I hardly ever noticed it, there was a scene with Gabranth talking about his brother with the Emperor, but it was very weak and more of an "I will obey, no matter what" kind of thing, more than a "I've lost everything, and now I can't do anything else" thing going on, like it should be)

Last edited:
Yes I know I never post here but I just bought the movie final fantasy movie spirits within and it is really good, also Iam in the midst of playing final fantasy XII.

I suppose I'll join~

My favourite characters: Rinoa, Red XIII (yep, he's in my avvie. He doesn't get enough love, I say.), Princess Garnet, Yuna, Zidane, Terra, Celes, Aeris, Tifa, Quistis, and Squall~

Least favourites: Eh... I guess... Cloud. Don't really see what's so special about him... And uhh... that's really it. I like most FF characters.

Haven't really played XII much to know enough about it... I really should finish it though.

Red XIII (yep, he's in my avvie. He doesn't get enough love, I say.)

Red XIII is pure awesomeness. I remember when I was six watching my brother play FFVII, he had a team of Cloud (duh), Barret, and Red XIII. Red XIII was really the only character I distinctly remembered from FFVII.

On an upsetting note, in FFX I was training in Omega Ruins, and got Lulu, Tidus, and Rikku up 40 levels (Without saving).

Then my entire team got petrified and it was game over. D:

I recently played FFVI and am now interested in this club. :v

Awesome characters in no particular order:

Edgar, Setzer, Kuja, Freya, Rufus, Larsa, Balthier, Terra, Zidane, oh hell just put down the whole casts of 6 and 9, and then maybe Llednar for the lulz.

I never really can figure out who my least favorite characters are. There are ones that annoy me, but never any that have me actively wanting to stab the screen when they come on. :|

I'm a big FF fan. :D I've played and own VII, VIII, IX, X and XII. And III if the DS version counts, I guess. And in order of my liking: VII, XII, X, IX, VIII, though to be fair I've only played half of IX so far.

Yep, my favourite is VII. It was my first, and I loved it when I didn't know FF was a series and didn't even use the internet much, so it really annoys me when people group me into that 'only played VII, saw AC first' category. >___>

And I think XII was extremely good as well. All the characters were awesome, yes even Vaan and Penelo, because as has been mentioned, their position was unique. There was finally a protagonist who was absolutely useless and served a very small role. XD I thought that was awesome, sue me if you like. The characters were very strong, as opposed to, say X, where most of the characters were very bland and pointless in an accidental and bad way.

My favourite characters are...

Cloud - VII
Aeris - VII
Yuffie - VII
Selphie - VIII
Yuna - X
Balthier - XII
Ashe - XII

Only character I really dislike is Rinoa. Whiny and completely overrated. I can only like her with a bit of help from headcanon. :/

EDIT: Whoa so apparently I'd already posted here. *is a moron* I deleted the first post 'cause it was smaller and less relevant XD

Last edited:
I happen to be a large fan of Final Fantasy, and I've played all of the games. Yes, even FFXI and FFX-2. Which sucked, so badly.

I don't have favorite characters, persay. I play FF for the summons. Though, if I had to pick a list of favorite characters...

Vivi.
Yuna-Dagger. It's a tie.
Zidane.
Cloud.
Tidus.
Vincent.
Eiko.
Sephiroth. Don't get me wrong, I know he's evil... but still, anyone who thinks he isn't totally awesome should be strung up by their toes.

I played part of 5 since I last posted here. I didn't get very far because it was like exactly the same thing as III:DS gameplay-wise and the plot was lame, but I might pick it up again one day. The small cast bothered me a bit too, although Faris stands out as a pretty interesting character.

I'd like to start the Sephiroth/Kefka[/Kuja] debate just to be an ass.

You fool! You've doomed us all!

I've played a bit of V, but my opinion is pretty similiar to yours. At least it's apparently more expandable with the job system.

And wow, XIII's soundtrack is awesome o_o

V's my favorite game, though I don't know why. Considering how much I didn't like III, it doesn't make much sense, but I enjoy it anyways.

And wow, XIII's soundtrack is awesome o_o
Massive understatement. I love the soundtrack so much, especially the boss themes. The game has about 15 different battle themes.

Back
Top Bottom