• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The LGBT Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw crap I forgot it was COD. Oh well.

Also! I'm apparently in the process of coming out to the world in general. Against my will. Fun. (Note to self: When you don't want people to know something, don't tell the biggest loudmouth in the universe, even if she is your friend. Especially when you two have been fighting.)

I'm still too nervous to tell anyone about my genderspazzy thing

But a lot of my online friends have been referring to me as a guy lately which rocks ;o;

Aw, I forgot about COD too. Probably wouldn't have done anything if I had known, though.

The cool thing about the internet is you can just tick a box and people will assume whatever you say is what you are most of the time. :v Although I tend to get too nervous to post pictures of myself or anything because there's always someone who feels the need to point out 'inconsistencies'.

On a similar note, I really hate how MySpace, Facebook, et al. don't have an option to hide your sex/gender, much less a "prefer not to say" or "other" box. One of the reasons I quit Facebook, actually, was because I got sick of this box popping up asking something to the effect of "LOL ARE YOU A 'HE' OR 'SHE'?".

yeah I only posted a bit ago whatev fff

I've been looking at how to legally change names and sex, y'know in case I do end up doing it
It's a bloody lot of work :( but I /can/ actually change my name now since here you have to be 16. However to legally change gender you have to be 18 (only 5 months away) and have lived as the one you want for two years apparently...

I don't think I'm ever gonna like get the surgery to be a guy, because I think I could live with my bits (except the uterus). Argh this whole thing is rather hard to explain it's bloody annoying :B

Considered the possibility of being genderqueer?

If you look through the ftm livejournal community there are plenty of people who are genderqueer, but take male pronouns and identify more on the masculine spectrum, or the other end. And tons of people are non-op -- it's a stressful (and expensive) process.

Yeah well that doesn't mean a lot does it

I wish money grew on trees, cause honestly ... mastectomy please, shame I'm too big for a keyhole or a peri. also hyster/oophorectomy plzzzzz. and maybe metoidioplasty.

lol as if.

Yeah on surgery, I do not know if I would go through with genitalia surgery (Though a dick would be awesome, I'm not sure I could mentally cope with surgery down there.) but I would definitely like to have my breasts removed and all the annoying inside stuff. Buuut apparently, according to a trans booklet I got sent, here in UK I can get this stuff done on the NHS but obviously it'd be bloody murder waiting for it.

Thank you for those links a couple of pages back btw, Verne.

mk so I love my sister right now

today my sister (she's six) told me that two boys kissing was gross. I asked her why and she didn't know, but she thought it was gross. I told her that some boys like kissing boys and some girls like kissing girls, and that it's okay and completely normal, they just like different things. She said she didn't like kissing girls but she always hugs everybody, and that if one of her friends kissed a girl then she wouldn't think it was gross because they'd be her friend and it was okay.

I don't think she really understood about it much (my parents refuse to mention the word sex when she's around) but it was cute. :D

On transition stuff: I'm more than likely going to look into T and eventually a mastectomy once my probably-going-to-be-insane college debt is paid off. I really want a penis, but none of the options available for FTMs really seem worth it, so I guess I can stick with a strap-on or something. :c

It would probably be very emotionally satisfying for me to be sterilized, but there are incredibly few doctors who will do that if you haven't bred simply because ~everyone~ changes their mind about not wanting kids! Not sure if being non-straight+cisgendered would make them more inclined to do it or not. I think T would eventually do that for me anyway, but yeah.

I've been thinking about my own gender a lot lately.

I've always been cool with my female body (well, at least the genitalia), but I've always thought it would be kinda groovy to have a penis, and boobs are really rather inconvenient, and I hate my uterus. Also, sometimes I'm not sure if I'm really female or not. Sometimes I feel very... male. I don't know why, but something in my head makes me feel male. It's the only way I can even describe it. But I'm fine with identifying as female. I think. I like female clothes, and being called "she" and "her" is fine, but things like "Miss" and "lady" make me cringe, unless I call myself those names (but I also call myself a worthless idiot so.) So yeah, I don't know if I'm just being an idiot or what and ljskli. Help? Sorry for clogging up the thread and thanks for your time.

Considered the possibility of being genderqueer?

If you look through the ftm livejournal community there are plenty of people who are genderqueer, but take male pronouns and identify more on the masculine spectrum, or the other end. And tons of people are non-op -- it's a stressful (and expensive) process.
just been looking through a bunch of places
I think this is probably what I am haha

at the very least I want to change my name to a guy's name...

ALSO I have a question for you all
do you/did you ever fear that your queerness might be a phase? I don't mean to sound like a dick but I'm just thinking "oh god what if I get over this and it's too late"
I realised I was bisexual when I was 12 and everyone ever told me it was a phase but hells no it wasn't

And like, when I was younger, I always thought I should be a guy somehow, and then later on I was like "sod it I'll stay a girl" and only recently (past few months) has the thing about wanting to be male come back properly
I don't want it to be a phase I'll be so goddamn annoyed at myself if it is

I have no idea as to my true gender preferences, so yeah, maybe I think a bit that it's a phase. Not that ... I can really tell in any direction anyway. I kind of figure that some day I'll wake up and it'll make sense.

ALSO I have a question for you all
do you/did you ever fear that your queerness might be a phase? I don't mean to sound like a dick but I'm just thinking "oh god what if I get over this and it's too late"

The possibility of this has occurred to me several times. In my case, it manifested as something that could very well have been a phase - I started asking my friends to call me "Mr. Crafton" in 8th grade and thought I only liked it due to the quirkiness of being called a "Mister".

Theeeeen as I entered high school, I got severely depressed, hated my body, felt as though the world was trying to force me to be something I wasn't, typical trans angst etc etc. I confided all of this in one friend, and she was actually suggesting I may be trans before I really gave it any thought (as back then I was still at the "maybe I can still turn out all right for mommy and daddy" stage.) The depression's become a lot less over the years, but I still feel like I'm not really living the way I need to.

But, yeah, it's been well over four or five years. If this is a phase, it's a damn long one.

Only slightly ontopic: I kind of fluctuate back and forth between "I'M A MANNNNNNN" and "I'm definitely on the male end of the spectrum, okay, but eh fuck it". Damn hormones.

i've also been thinking about my own gender quite a bit lately. i'm not sure. i don't feel completely female, (never exactly did), but... i'm not sure. i couldn't say which end of the spectrum i feel i'm at. confusing. eh. i don't know what to do.

I've been thinking that my bisexuality could be a phase because it's only really relatively recently that I've really thought of myself as such - as in the last few years or so. But I really like women and men so idk. It's weird because I'm attracted to women.. as a man? as well as a woman but then I'm attracted to men as both genders so I don't really know. I think if I'd had any sexual experience with women then I'd probably understand better.

it would be cool to have a penis, I think. But I don't think I'd ever get surgery or identify myself as a man, because I like being a woman a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom