• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Soul Guard- "Genocide"

"This is great!" Monica exclaimed, with great enthusiasm, "Now we have our own little troupe to take down the government~ This almost seems like a plot of a movie..."

Monica was never used to being around so many people, but she loved that she didn't have to be alone anymore. Running around place to place wasn't the best way to have social connections. More unusually, it was obvious this rag-tag of a team consisted of people all over the place. A definite benefit.

Cedrick, who had quickly become disinterested with the conversation, heard the new kid introduce himself as 'Kay,.' Interesting.

"You know, I dated a girl named Kay once. Turned out she was completely psycho. Tried to put nail polish in my eye. Literally in the eye. She duct-taped me to my own couch to do it. So I ripped off the duct tape, lost all my arm hair, she broke my nose, I went to the eye doctor to see what the nail polish would do, because it hurt like hell. Very dramatic." He heard the kid say he might find a sword, and immediately check to see his was still sheathed on his back.

I swear to God, if that kid even touches my sword, I'll put him in a chicken wing and break his arm. Maybe the other one, to. Or maybe I'll just punch his nose several hundred times. Either way, I win.

"Oooh, someone doesn't play well with the other children! Remember, sharing is caring!"

How interesting...they seem to have sensed the man following them

A young man looks down at the group below from the tree branch he sits upon, toying with a tassel from his hat as the soft female whisper speaks into his ear as to what to do next. Seems she watched him to introduce himself to the group below, but frankly he wanted to continue watching them until they notice him. It was fun that way rather than jumping down and likely get a bullet through the skull. He leans back against the tree and watches them all silently, a slight smile on his face as the proceedings moved on. Seems one of them twitched at the mention of a sword and started to finger theirs, while another claimed their objective seemed like it was out of a movie.

Wait...Government? Did they say they were out to get the Government?

"About time you started to clue in, my little hatchling. These are the ones I told you about, the ones that could help move your story along for your revenge against those people that killed your family. Now will you be a good boy and introduce yourself"

Not quite yet Krow...if these people are good enough to spot that one boy, they should notice me soon enough in this tree.

Smith saw yet another person up in a tree, this one he would introduce himself personally to. The man was different from the rest, secluded, he liked that. He walked casually to the side until he was out of the man's vision and then ran behind the tree and quietly and swiftly jumped and climbed up. He reached a branch next to them man.

"Hello, and who might you be?" Smith said, "And shall I call you friend or foe?"

Cedrick thought he heard Smith saying something. From what little he caught, it sounded like more paranoid questions. He turned to tell the man to shut up, but found there was not a single suit and tie among the group. He looked around quickly, caught a flash of black higher up, and found Smith... In a tree. ...Why the hell is he in a tree? And who the hell is that? That is the dumbest hat I have ever seen on a person over the age of eight.

"Oi! Get your ass out of the tree, Smith. You look like a contradiction from a nightmare, 'specially with that suit." He couldn't take his eyes off the hat. It was so... Childish. And fuzzy. And probably itchy. ... Dear God, I am going to rip that thing in two if I have to stare at that for five more minutes.

"So very hostile today."
The Guardian mused.

"You may call me friend, since I don't feel like being a foe to anyone but the people that murder families in their sleeps. Nice trick by the way." He finishes, turning his head and looking at the suited man with slight boredom. For a man wearing a monkey suit like that, he sure knew how to climb like one. With a slight smile, he glances back down to the ticked off man when he called out to his friend 'Smith', noting the look in his eyes. He chuckles, fiddling with the tassels of his hat even more.

"See something you like, or is this how you introduce yourself to new people all the time, Bucko."

'He wishes to cause harm to your hat, Shotoshu.'

I can see that, Krow.

'You should introduce yourself to the nice man in the suit. He's quite fetching in that outfit if I may add'

Rolling his eyes, he pushes back the Krow's flirting emotions and turns back to the man called 'Smith'. "My name is Shotoshu Storm, but you can call me Tosh if its too long to remember."

Maggie saw smith slip away, but payed no mind. "He's probably going to take a piss or something." she thought in slight disgust. She momentarily saw a figure climbing a tree. there goes that taking a piss idea, Jumpy. "And?" Speedy's obvious comment made maggie roll her eyes a bit.

Sotoshu... sounds a bit asian. Is he asian? Aand what's with the hat? And why is he in that tree? Speedy started questioning everything about this kid.

speedy. Shut the hell up.

"Well, I'm Maggie." She said in the direction of the newly discovered person.

(OMG Tosh..Daniel Tosh...Haha i love Tosh.0)

"Nice to meet you," Smith said, "How bout we go join the others."

With that Smith jumped off the tree and did a roll as he neared the ground. His roll landed him neatly on the ground, he exited the roll and stood up. He walked up to the group and dusted off the dirt from his suit.

Shotoshu nods back in Maggie's direction before hopping out of his tree, grabbing onto a low hanging branch and lands with a simple thud of feet on dirt. He fixes his hat and looks at the others silently as he does so. From what he could tell, they were either late teens or early 20's, not a vast number but a good size at the time. Stretching, he slips his hands into his pockets and watched them curiously.

"So, what now"

"I say we do what the guy with the sword suggested," Smith said, "Let's go to Blackwell and kick their @ss."

Smith checked his gun without taking it out, he would need a sword. For close combat he didn't want to waste any ammo then.

Cedrick felt his eyebrow twitch as the hat-man, 'Tosh,' fiddled with his hat after coming down. "Yeah. Blackwell. I'm Cedrick, goody goody, now let's go. We can all make friends on the road." Thus continued the march to Blackwell.

I swear to God, I will have to beat somebody down before this is over.

"I'm sure that the Feds can satisfy those needs for you."

Tough call. I may not even reach Blackwell. Maybe I'll find an adorable little squirel I barbecue.

"That seems unnecessary."
He felt the Guardian give a mental finger-wag.

"Right behind you Cedrick," Smith said walking beside the man, "So how many you reckon are there?"

Smith kept conversation short, he was never too much of a talker. He hopped this group would suffice to the needs of the battle hopefully soon to come. He was itchiny to battle something and it was best to not fight in the group

"In Blackwell alone?" Cedrick thought for a moment. "Hundreds, maybe even a thousand or so. How many we run into depends entirely on how flashy our entrance is. In the whole country, I'd say more than we could count. Should be plenty to go around in the long run."

"Yeah, that's what SHE said. You know, right before she died and stuff-" The Guardian began. Cedrick felt his temper flare.

I know she did!

"Touchy. Still swimming in grief, are we? How cute. And after three whole months to recover. Or was it four?"

Say another word, and-

"You'll do what? Hurt me? Ooh, I'm shakin' in my boots! Haha! You couldn't give me a stubbed toe, much less actually cause me real pain. You may as well just jump on that sword of yours and save time.

"... So yeah. Plenty to fight, plenty to kill, whatever 'floats your boat,' so to speak. Blackwell isn't far now. I can already smell the preserved fish and smoke." He wrinkled his nose at the very notion of downtown Blackwell.

"Whatever corpses you last smelled must have loved fish, then." Cedrick stopped. The city stood distant, and though it was normally regarded as beautiful, to Cedrick it seemed more like a fly on a dung pile right now. "And here we are. I say we bust in, wreak havoc, and raise hell to every soldier in the city. We'll be busting in right there," Cedrick pointed to the tallest building. "We should leave any civilians alone. If a soldier isn't attacking us, we leave him be. The Governor himself may die here, or he might scrape out alive. If he does, it should be in our captivity.

"Now, I'm going. If anyone's going to drop out on this, I suggest you do now before blood is on your hands." The Guardian laughed, and Cedrick felt an incredible burst of power rush to his legs, and shot off.

Can you go any faster?

"For the record, the former olympians of Krazo Spirit City recorded a top human speed of 22 miles per hour. You're going 25, so don't complain. You can go much faster, but until the test is complete, this is all you get as far as speed."

Cedrick smiled to himself as the city rushed to meet him, reaching his hand up to grasp his sword.

(Attacking Blackwell, folks. Hop to it.)

"Alright let's do this," Smith said pulling out his D. Eagle and following Cedrick.

Remember to grab sssome ssort of sssword His gaurdian hissed.

"Fear not snake voice," Smith said to his guardian.

And off they go it seems. Not a bad set of speed there for the guy with the sword, eh Krow?

"I will admit it is impressive, but lets get to the blood part of this battle. Hop to it, Dar~ling~"

Shotoshu rolls his eyes and flexes his fingers, feeling the usual rush of red energy filling his form from his feathered guardian within. His eyes turn from the set blue to a deep read, a sly smile on his face. Rotating his neck, he pulls his hat further on his head and closes his eyes.

Lets fly

With a burst of speed, he dashes off toward the building, opening his eyes as he watches the movement around him stand in slow motion. He loved running, more so when it caused others to look slow. Turning his attention back to the building, he finds himself a ledge over the doorway and using it to swing himself atop if and look back to the below. He could feel time catch up with him as he returned to the normal speed set. With a smirk, he motions to the wall behind him.

"Want me to bust this open or would you prefer the door below."

The towering building was ominous to say the least. Judging by everyone else's reactions, they were going to raise hell, for sure. It was then Monica realized that she had no weapons; only a small butter knife she stole from who knows when.

Improvise, Runner. You wouldn't want to miss out the fun, would you?

Monica frowned mentally at her Guardian. I don't thinking killing will be fun. But I'll help-- will you help me?

Of course. If you finish your test.

At this, Monica sighed. Of course. It was always at the most odd times her Guardian would choose to test her. What is it this time?

Kill a man.

Now that was a strange test. Other times, the tests would be more intellectual and mental and Monica would just had to use her head to get through them. But now, she had to actually do something. She felt a slight chill, but she knew she had to do this test.

... Alright. Just lend me some power.

Monica could feel the adrenaline running through her veins. As you wish, Runner.

She dashed toward the building.

Well, what do you know. This 'Tosh' guy has his own little playmate in his head, to. Cedrick briefly considered the question posed by his new 'little friend.

Meanwhile, two guards stood outside the building. They watched Shotoshu perform his acrobatics, each silently pondering if they had had too much alcohol before their shift, and never discussed it. They saw Cedrick approaching fast.

"Hey, that kid can move." One commented.

"Yeah. Excuse me, sir! You'll have to remove your weapon to-" Cedrcik jumped into the air, kicking forward, and 'landed' on the man's face. The other one, too shocked to respond, simply stood where he was, dumbly fumbling for his taiser. The one Cedrick had kicked would probably wake up in a few hours, but for all his partner knew, he was dead.

"I'll take the door, thank you! Feel free to do as you WISH!" As he uttered the last word, Cedrick pulled on the hilt of his sword, unsheathing it just enough to bash the still fumbling soldier with the pommel before sheathing it once again. "And IN we go!" Cedrcik ran through the door, wich slid open automatically. There were three secretaries and about a dozen visitors on this floor. All of them must have seen what happened, because one of the Secretaries was now repeatedly mashing the button for security and screaming as though she was under attack.

"Look what you've done. You've terrified the woman." The Guardian was being sarcastic, clearly. Cedrick took one small step forward, and every civilian and all three secretaries screamed, and bolted for the emergency exit in the back.

"... Huh. Well that solves that little problem." Cedrick could hear the footsteps of guards responding to the call coming down the stairs on his left. "Ooh, sounds like a lot. No point in wasting my energy trying to reach them." So Cedrick placed his thumbs in his pockets and leaned against the large semicircular desk the secretaries had worked at, waiting for what the Guardian told him sounded like about ten armed men charging down the stairs.

Maggie covered the rear, only few blood stains on her sword. She noticed that Smith guy had only a pistol.

"Hey, Smith - was it? - Need a sword?" With that, she flipped one around and caught its blade, extending the handle in his direction.

Aw... How sweet of you.

"Shut up. We need as many as we can to be alive and protected."

As Speedy thought of a transfer of a blade was an act of romance, Maggie thought of it as some close-ranged protection.

As she heard guards rushing down the steps, she tossed him the sword and got near, but not next to, Cedrick's side, sword in hand, at her side.

A single drop of blood from a semi-fresh stain on the sword dropped to the floor.

Back
Top Bottom