• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase! Mk II

Well. There's not much to crit on a recolour. It's very good for a first sprite, and you remembered to recolour the outlines.

tumblr_mfr2q03Agr1ryyycoo1_r1_100.png
first experience with spriting
used this tutorial http://www.dragonflycave.com/recoloring.aspx#where
Critiques and what not are welcome

Scootaloo, did you make that from scratch? If so, great job !(Better than anything I could have done. >.<) Next time, though, you might want to scale it back to Pokémon sprite size.

Also:

I made a friend an extremely small adoptable site as a Christmas/New Year/birthday present. I based the adoptables off some drawings we had made a while ago. C+CC?

108gx8l.png

Scootaloo, did you make that from scratch? If so, great job !(Better than anything I could have done. >.<) Next time, though, you might want to scale it back to Pokémon sprite size.

I tried posting it with the original size, but it wasn't showing up.
And no, I didn't make it from scratch, I just used it to get used to spriting colours and shadows, using the R/B Tauros sprite.

Oh, so it was a revamp. Good job anyway, though. Most people do recolors (basic recolors) first in spriting (like the post at the bottom of page 6). Very, very impressive for a first attempt. Maybe try a splice? Some people find them a bit more difficult.

I tried my first splice. It's not very good. It's a Clefable with Psyduck feet and beak. Any comments?

2qk17d1.png

This place is dead, isn't it? OH WELL.

I tried my first splice. It's not very good. It's a Clefable with Psyduck feet and beak. Any comments?

2qk17d1.png

Well, there's a couple things to critique, but otherwise pretty good. First, when splicing, you should recolor the base (in this case, the Clefable) with the colors of the other Pokémon (Psyduck). In this case, it would mean using the yellow color, not the beak color. Also, you should leave the beak as its original color, a light yellow, as well. Finally, you might want to scratch-sprite a bit to make it flow better - the beak looks a bit cut off. Otherwise, good job, but try using Pokémon that are easier to splice together next time (the Psyduck's drastically different proportions makes the beak look odd on the Clefable). As a final note, the sprite looks a bit blurry. What program are you using? Maybe try switching to another one.

On another note, you know how people always say Bugsy looks like a girl?

sfzbz9.png

yeah i like it the eyes seem a bit off though and the fluff on the top looks like its just sorta sitting there and not really attached but other than that it looks pretty good :)

So I learned how to make chaos. (bases from a random sprite school, free to use; can post here if you want)

30wpklg.png
2ahfw1s.png

Also Becquerel from MSPA.

33k87m8.jpg

And a mangled Arcanine-Espeon-Combusken-Houndour.

zj9eyp.png

EDIT: It looks better without spots.

24c60k9.png

Last edited:
PEQvh5x.png

Here is, my first splice, it is, Zapsey. Zapsey is, electric/normal, and has the greatest, special defense, and, third greatest, hp, in the whole game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom