• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BabySkarmoryfixed.png

Fixed baby Skarmory, as in the colors C+C please!

Baby skarmory?

It looks mostly like a normal Skarmory to me. You could try adding something like a stubbier tail and wings, or making it slightly darker in color.

Also, the top of its left (our right) wing looks very thin compared to the one opposite from us. The highlight on its belly looks odd; try making it round rather than spiky.

BabySkarmoryfixed.png

Fixed baby Skarmory, as in the colors C+C please!

not to be mean/imply untrue things, but I just made a baby of skarmory for wsc 12. but either way, it looks like you just took a skarmory sprite and made it smaller in some ways.

not to be mean/imply untrue things, but I just made a baby of skarmory for wsc 12. but either way, it looks like you just took a skarmory sprite and made it smaller in some ways.
Just saying, I made the baby one about a year ago, and I never use any shrinking tools

okay, that's fine, but it still seems like it's just a modification of the original sprite.

OMG how could I be double posting?!

I finished up a pixel over of a drawing of a samurai pokemon I made a while back.
samuraipkmnpxlovr.png

C+CC?

It needs some more shading,sankatu. And just putting the head on it looks odd.
And here's a simple zigzagoon and poochyena sprite.

I used emerald and d/p/pl sprites

Biline.png

This is Beline!
It's half black and white (but you can't see the black that well becaue of the position it's in) and obviously a cat. It's one of my fakemon for whatever stories conjure up in my mind. :)
C&C Please. :)

Biline.png

This is Beline!
It's half black and white (but you can't see the black that well becaue of the position it's in) and obviously a cat. It's one of my fakemon for whatever stories conjure up in my mind. :)
C&C Please. :)

It looks pretty nice. One thing I notice is that the outlines around the part of the legs that overlap the body are maybe a bit to light, but they extend too far. Try shortening them. Another small nitpick is the nose. It looks too bright in contrast with the black, try making it a darker gray.

Okay, second attempt, is this any better?
th_venuchomp.png
It is a garchomp/venusaur sprite.

The major issue is that there's not much splicing here. Regardless, the tips of the claws are green for some reason. Try fixing that. Otherwise, there are no quality issues, it's just too much like Venusaur and not enough like Garchomp.

Okay, here's mine. It's a pre-evolution to Latios that I'm entering into a contest. It's all scratch, by the way. One thing I'm woried about is if it looks too much like a small version of Latios rather than a pre-evolution. If you think it does, I'd like some suggestions on how to fix that.
latiosprevo.png

Well, I'll agree that it looks a lot like Latias; maybe shortening the neck or making the colors lighter would help?

From a technical standpoint, it's great: The pose is cute, and I want to huggle it until it goes kerplotz. The shading's done really well, too.

I did lighten the colors. Well, I lightened the blue, maybe I should do so with the gray.

Maybe I could shorten the neck, but I'm getting wary about making his sprite smaller. It's a little small as it is.

It's so adorable! But maybe you should lighten up the colors, maybe to like a baby blue? And maybe a little stub for the ear-like things Latios and Latias have.

Is this better now?
Biline-1.png

It's a little better, but the leg outlines that go over the main body are still too long. See how they almost go up to its back? They should be a little shorter.
Also, I purposely left out the ear stubs to make it look less developed.

Okay, made it a little brighter and shortened the neck.
latiosprevo-1.png

Better?

If you ask me, I think it needs darker outlines, or at least more shades that contrast more if you're going for D/P style.
The funny leg thing on our left looks a little too small, and his rear end looks too square on the right.

Well, it's nice, but it's... bland. Maybe add some more designs? I don't think anyone's ever won a contest with something so simple. :P
Oh, and put the tail on the other side so it's not obscured by the basket.
dwsyrp.gif

biko3l.gif
6t09xi.gif

Hypno evo and an unfinished fakemon line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom