• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Tale of Avalyn Gladstone (The Sims 3 Let's Play)

Harlequin

YIcjp.jpg

My name is Avalyn Gladstone. Most people just call me Lyn, but if you want to call me something else I won't mind! I'm writing to you now because it's what I used to do when I was a kid. Something new would happen and I'd be itching all day to just get home and write it up in my diary!

I figured that since I've just moved to a whole new town all alone I'd start again. It's almost like having a friend, having a diary. This diary is extra special, though, because Mum got it for me just before I left. It even has these neat spaces where I can put photos!

Anyway, I should get on with my big news! I've just moved house! I was looking for somewhere cheap to live after finishing university that wasn't with my parents (I love them and all, but I don't want to live with them forever! Sorry, Mum!) and I couldn't find anywhere. Like, nowhere! There were no affordable apartments in Bridgeport, Riverview is so not my style and like hell could I afford anything in Sunset Valley! I guess I was just really lucky when my weird uncle Goopy died and left me a house!

So, not knowing much about it, I packed up and moved away to Twinbrook and to my very own house! When I arrived I was just a little bit disappointed, though...

muHnH.jpg

Still, you've got to put up with these things, right? It's really pretty around here for a swamp, anyway!

iKTSV.jpg

jNewM.jpg

The house was empty when I arrived. Apparently my uncle hadn't given me any of his furniture! ... except some strange things out back, which I discovered later, but that's another story!

Luckily I'd brought some of my own stuff with me! The tiny house looked a little nicer when I was done with it. Shame about the walls, though! They're definitely on my list of things to change when I get my hands on some money!

E9pBO.jpg

It's getting late and I've got to go job-hunting tomorrow so I'm going to go to bed ... which, luckily, is in the living room! Yep, it's got a combined living/dining/sleeping room!

xx Avalyn!​

This is sort of an experimental thing from me. I usually get bored of actually playing my sims quite quickly and then I just make them have babies and collect skills and money, but this time I wanted to do something a little different. The basic idea here is that I'm going to follow Avalyn's life as she lives it, and hopefully reporting back to everyone will keep me at least a little bit interested in playing the game!

Damnit I swear I was going to do A Sims 3 LP like two weeks ago...!

Oh well, you'll probably do it better than I'd have done!

Watching this thread I shall be.

Goddamn it, I was going to do this this summer!

Well, I'm a lazy fuck, so who cares. Are you doing a Legacy or just playing?

It's not a Legacy. I don't think I could handle a Legacy, especially not in Twinbrook or with Avalyn and the house/lot she's currently on. I might do a Legacy afterwards, maybe one set in Sunset Valley or Barnacle Bay, but The Tale of Avalyn Gladstone is pretty firmly planned out.

I know what's going to happen and I know when her story ends -- it's just getting there.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I'll be sure to update this soon. I've got the screenshots I need for the next bit of the story anyway, I just need to see how the flow is and I need to plan what Avalyn's going to say about it.

Oh, my God! This week has been really weird! I was going to write sooner but I just got so busy with everything, but then... well then something really weird happened and I just had to get it out! You won't believe this.

Anyway, I'll get to that. I should start from the beginning! Well, last time I mentioned I was going to do some job hunting. When I woke up in the morning I flicked through the paper and there was nothing much in it (although apparently there are discount DIY classes available, maybe I'll check it out! It could save a lot of money!), so I decided to grab a taxi and go into town.

I'd seen bits and pieces of the town before on my way in but I'd never seen it close up before. It seems … it looks nice, it really does. A bit quiet, probably not much of a night life, but it seems like a really friendly place. The people were really helpful, too! I'd been looking all over the place for a job but it seemed like nowhere was hiring!

Doo Peas had no vacancies, the hospital wasn't looking for any staff and I couldn't find anywhere that had anything open! I was about ready to give up when I just decided to ask one of the locals for help.

0104Y.jpg

I mean, okay so he was standing in an alleyway and he looked a bit weird... but it worked! We got to talking and apparently he knew my uncle Goopy (“Gilscarbo? Yeah, I knew Goopy Gilscarbo. Bit weird. No offence.”), but even better than that, he knew that the local book shop was taking on staff!

9EYTU.jpg

So, after I thanked him for his help I rushed over to the book shop (which was right next door to the local shop, how could I have missed that!?) and I got the job straight away! The pay isn't a lot and it's only part-time, but even a little bit of money is still money!

I was supposed to start work the next day so I went home, read some books and you know, just relaxed to get ready for work the next day. It was nice! I made a friend, her name's Eva something, and she seems really nice... she's a bit older than me but that's okay, I mean, older can be good! She has experience with everything. I got to learn lots about the town, too.

Everything was pretty normal after that, you know? I went to work, came home, sorted out all the moving stuff (I never knew there was so much involved in moving house! I'm so lucky I can just phone Mum for help, even if she is a bit far away to visit) and got into a routine.

Then, today, something absolutely insane happened! I was at work doing what I was supposed to do when all of a sudden this thing comes flying through the window, setting everything on fire, and then going out the other side! Everyone was panicking and running about and I didn't know what to do, and then all of a sudden I was on fire!!!

NWlOH.jpg

Apparently there was a meteor shower and one of them hit the town! The book shop's a mess right now! I don't know if I've even got a job! I've only been here a week and already a meteor blew up my job... or is it a meteorite? I know it changes! Later on, after everything had calmed down and I changed, I snuck behind the shop to get a look at the aftermath.

wk4nO.jpg

What surprised me almost as much as the meteorite itself was the fact that no one else seemed to care! Here I was, all shocked and curious and all kinds of stuff, and they were just having an impromptu guitar party! This place is really weird. Like, really weird.

xx Avalyn​

Back
Top Bottom