• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Top Ten Badies of All Time

Erif

...is magical
K, so a couple of days back, while I was lurking in the video game sections, and seeing all the "Favorite ____" threads, I thought there should be a "Best ______" thread. SO, I took the liberty of making a Top Villains thread. Obviously, this is a list of the Top Ten Villains of all time, where you can recommend me bad peoplez- who are bad and amazingly tough bosses- and I'll decide if they deserve a spot and where they should be placed. Note, that I said TOP, not FAVORITE. I don't want people giving me any really cliché villains that aren't "Top Ten" material, nor do I want villains just cause you're a fanboy. You need to give me a good reason why they should be put up here, too (not just oMg Sephy FTW!1!!11!). AND BTW, don’t make a top ten heroes list, I’m gonna do that.

Did that make sense?

ALSO, IMPORTANT NOTE. There are going to be SPOILERS, so just a heads up. I want people warn or use spoiler tags before you start spoiling the plot in your post, mmkay?

Things to keep in mind when thinking of a villain for the list:
1. Outright evil. Not necessarily well-justified, but cruelty, devilry, deceit, and all other things that just make us hate them even more.

2. Compelling. A villain driven by some alterior purpose - a character with the strength of will that would match a hero's, thrown into circumstances requiring drastic actions, and thus driven to dark works somehow against his better - or at least, not necessarily evil - nature. We might even sympathize, thus making our last stand against him all the more soul-wrenching.

3. Intimidation. If you've ever looked at a last boss's final form (you know, the 3rd one that usually appears eventually after you fight him normal and then slightly beefier) and thought, "Jesus, what can I do against THAT?" then you know what I mean. If a villain has ever caused your mouth to involuntarily form the words "oh shit", then you know intimidation. If you shiver when you hear the sound at 0:22 in this video, then you know intimidation.
Let's do it!11!111!

#OMGSOEVILHECANTEVENBERATEDWITHNUMBUHSOKRURADY4THIS!?!?!?!?!. Red & Tom Nook Duo - Animal Crossing
redd.jpg
AC_Tom_Nook.jpg

Redd is pure evil, mang. He makes you struggle to join his Red-tent club, just so he can sell you overpriced furniture! Tom is the epitome of all evil, him and his damn mortgage loans! These furry friends can make GNARville turn to GASHville.

#TOOUNSTOPABLEOHNOEZ!
"S" and "Z" shaped tetrominoes - Tetris
305px-Tetris_Z.svg.png

GODDAMMIT, RUINED MY HIGH SCORE.

#GRRRRRRRRRIMAGONNAGETJOOMARIO
Bowser - Super Mario
bowser-1.jpg

"Don't fuck with the REAL cru-"

KK, LET'S DO IT FOR REAL THIS TIME.

#1. Luca Blight - Suikoden II
Luca_Blight.jpg

"Hoohoohahahaha! Listen, Riou! It took hundred to kill me, but I killed humans by the thousands! Look at me! I am sublime! I am the true face of evil!" - Luca Blight

I know a lot of you are going "Luca Blight? Who the fuck is Luca Blight? WHERE'S MY SEPHY AND BOWSORZ!?!?!" right now, and I understand that. Not a very popular game. But let me tell you, this guy is an insanely awesome bad guy. Let me start off with a little back story; when he was a kid, he was traveling with his mother and father after a ceremony, and was attacked by bandits who were hired by an enemy nation. His father escaped (ran away like a little bitch), to get help, leaving his family instead of trying to defend them himself. Young Luca was forced to watch his mother get raped (which put her in a traumatized state), and that forever burned his mind, leaving him raged at Jowston (the people who hired the bandits), at his father, whom he eventually killed, and everything else in general. So after that, when he was TEN (emphasize), he formed a group to go and help him massacre the bandits. Already you can infer that this kid is going to be fuckin' monster. So, later he grows up, he plans to destroy Jowston, so he frames them for the slaughtering their Youth Army, when in reality Luca killed them HIMSELF. Yes, he and his army killed hundreds of children of their own nation to start an all-out war. Luca is just kill kill kill kill kill. He poisons his father, threatens to strangle his sister, sacrifices a whole town to further power a little toy of his... He can never satisfy his bloodlust, and it's all out of his hatred of that one event in his childhood. Then there’s that matter of his strength. This man is very big, and, oh yam very buff. What I loved about him is that he didn't any "final forms ooh", just a really, really powerful human who- unlike most kings or leaders of nations- actually fought front-line in his battles rather than having his army do all the dirty work. And was probably the strongest soldier in his army. Then there was his death, which by far more legendary than Rayquaza. :P

Luca was ambushed by his enemies' strongest soldiers, the heroes of the story, at night, with only a small amount of soldiers with him. All his men died, and he was shot multiple times with arrows, but he still wouldn't go down without a fight. He took out three parties of six, and then went up against the main team, but lost. He ran away, eventually stopping, backed up to a tree, and was shot again by multiple archers, but he still wasn't out. Then you had to go one on one with this motha fucka, and he finally fell down to the ground dead. But not before saying that awesome quote shown above.

That's the power of Luca Blight, bish. This guy was almost unstoppable, because the ambush was an act of betrayal. If Jowy never intervened, Luca would still be in action and killing some peaceful village, winning the war. THE POWERZ OF LUCA!!1!!111!

-and-

#1 Kefka Palazzo - Final Fantasy VI
KefkaCGI.jpg

"Hee hee! Nothing can beat the music of hundreds of voices screaming in unison!" - Kefka

How could you make someone so psychopathic, so purely evil, Square Enix? Here we have Kefka, who is trademarked for his maniacal laugh, who would wipe his ass with Sephiroth. He loses all sanity after a few years of being experimented on, and, as a result of that, joyfully kills and commits countless crimes because of his abuse of his early life, one of his worst poisoning a whole water supply, killing a whole castle's population. His madness drives him constantly for power (btw, he's crazy strong, once took on a whole blast of Espers. And have you seen his final form? It's incredibly intimidating), finally becoming so powerful he earns the title of "God". That just gives me chills. We have here, a merciless lunatic, being so powerful here can earn the title of God. Even though his cause is kinda cliché for villainy (If I can't rule the world, I'll destroy it!), it's different, because Kefka baby can rule the world, he just hates it so much he doesn't want to. That's right, just cause this crazy nigga doesn't want to. As you may already know, in most games the heroes defeat their antagonist before he can take over the world, destroy it, blah blah blah etc. But Kefka actually fulfills his dreams of becoming a dominant ruler of everything, striking down all who oppose him with his might Light of Judgement on the top of a tower named after him. <3 It's great, Square Enix, you've wowed me with you're genius once again. And please, don't tell me you don't see something wrong with him in that picture. If you don't, you need help too.

#2 Ridley - Metroid
ssbbroster_ridley.jpg

"Kill as much as you want! Have fun!" - Ridely

Wow, one of my all time favorite villains, EVAR. I'ma gonna start with his strength; first off, he's always a complete bitch to beat. Srsly, when you fight him in Zero Mission, it's impossible to take him down without being grabbed and tail whipped and fireballed and shit. Fusion was even harder, because he died slower and had stronger and better attacks. The only skill you really needed to fight him with is jump fast and PRESS SH00T BUTTON RITE NAO!1!1! That's what you do; shoot the shit out of him till he dies, and try to hop out of the way during attacks. He's also pretty hard in the Prime series, 'specially Omega Ridely. This is won tough motha lizard (lol, I made a joke). Oh ya, and, plot wise, he cannot die. Literally. His regenerative abilities don't allow it. When you first killed him in Metroid, you thought, well that was easy, but then he comes and stabs Samus in the ass again and again. Cannot. Die. He always has some new crazy form, like Meta and Omega Ridley. That's something I really like about him. And well, why is he such a cool villain? He's a pirate! Sailin' teh ol' seven galaxies to pillage and plunder... OK, that’s a bad reason. He commits crimes for his own selfish need; he’s not trying to rule the world or destroy mankind or anything. He and his pirate buddies bred the deadliest organism in the universe - Metroids, and, even though the Galactic Federation tried to stop him, he was too powerful, and has proven to be too strong for the Galactic Federation. Another thing I think that makes him the top is his that he’s Samus’ perfect nemesis. After he killed her two parents, the Chozo raised her as their own. But the he comes and wipes them out too. Of course, Samus is the only one who can bring the over-sized bird down. But he always comes back to life, and it's a never ending cycle for the heroin. Amazingly, he proves to be the best one on one match up against Sam, other than Dark Samus/SA-X.

An overall bonified badass.

#3 Ganondorf – The Legend of Zelda
ganondorf.jpg

Quote - In pending

In pending - I'm too lazy to do this right now, fuck, leave me alone.

#4 Dhaos - Tales of Phantasia
Dhaos.jpg

"Heh heh... Hahaha! You think I'm just trying to protect the environment? Do I look like a tree-huger to you? I need the power of Mana for my own purposes, and that's all there is to it!"
- Dhaos

Look at his picture and quote. NOW. Freakin' schmexy, amirite? <3 Anyway, one of my all time favorite villains, and I would put him higher up, but... he doesn't really deserve it. I'm gonna start with his difficulty. Next to his epic death (like Luca's), he is really hard. He's not impossible, but still, kinda aggravating. First off, you fight him five times. Now, the first two times you fight him he's not that difficult, and neither is he the third time, as long as you know what you're doing. Then, for the fourth time, he turns into a freaking monster, and if you make a small mistake, you could be in deep shit. His magic casting is incredibly fast, powerful spells and attacks. He also has some attacks that take no casting time and will just screw you up bad if you let him get them in. Plus it seems like forever to beat this thing. Still, recovering from a spell isn't that hard, and he stands in one place, so that makes it easier. But then there's the REAL monster, Plume Dhaos, his final form. Basically, Yggdrasil from Tales of Symphonia ripped him off, cause he looks exactly like him. What makes him hard: He flies all over the place, making it really hard to cast spells and keep him in one place; his casting time is literally 2 seconds or less, and he casts them way more often than the monster tries to; he sexiness blinds you lol; really hardcore regular attacks, LIEK DHAOS LAZOR AND DHAOS RAYZARR!111!1! (really intense, scary attack). This man is menacing. You have to keep him in the corner, which is kinda hard (good recovery time), and making a mistake could cost you dearly. I haven't played it, but on the PS1 version on Mania Mode=complete wipe-out. And the song playing for this battle is fucking ownage, listening to it now. =D

If you haven't finished this game, please don't read on. Seriously, wouldn't want to spoil such an epic ending. OK, so what I really liked about Dhaos was, his reasoning behind villainy. The Mana Seed, which controlled the world's mana flow, of his world was somehow dying, and he came to the human world because he needed a new one. But keep in mind; he wasn't going to take Aselia's Seed away. No, he was trying to produce his own, by storing up a large amount of mana inside the Yggdrasil tree. Then things went wrong. Aselia was going through an umm... technological age, and they were building machinery that had to be powered by mana. This is magitech, and they needed to harness large amounts of mana for it to work. But, little did the people know, that they were killing the tree Yggdrasil, and with it that Mana Seed, and with THAT everything that was produced by mana; magic and much more. That's why there was no magic in the future, and the tree was withered and dead (Quick summary: Dhaos came to Aselia in the past, and four different heroes stepped forward to seal him away. They did - well, they were close enough - and Dhaos was sealed for 100 years until this nig named Mars came and freed them, hoping for "power" [meaning the boy got smoked like bacon by Dhaos]. So Dhaos goes back into the past, and the heroes follow him, mmkay?). That created problems for D-Man, since they were taking away mana faster than he could produce it. So then he went on to become tyrant, controlling a horde of monsters and set out to destroy or kill anything that had to contribute to Magitech. Then, when he escaped into the future after being defeated by the heroes, the world was practically inhabited by Magitech, so he thought the only solution was to kill everyone. Really, this guy was evil. He was intending to kill the whole world's population until stopped, and even then it was all for “selfish” need. But, in retrospect, if you think about, he was actually helping Aselia out. With the Magitech, there would eventually no mana flowing through the world, destroying its wonders like magic and Summoning, and the altogether existence of mana. Destroying Magitech would be the right thing, but humans were too blind to see that. Dhaos, after being defeated by the heroes, told his story to them, and were burdened with a great deal of guilt. Everyone pictured him as a ruthless tyrant, and he did fit that image well, but after hearing his back story the heroes realized that he was trying to save his world, and ignorant humans were there to mess that up. They had doomed his world. But the fact that Dhaos made them regret everything in the end, that alone is a great feat to accomplish as a villain. The feeling that the truly didn't win.

^Wow that's long. ^^ Well, I'm hoping that was a good explanation because it took a damn long time, and I've been listening to the song that plays during the final battle the whole time. D= Also, I couldn't find a pic of Plume Dhaos, so I leave you with this (Isn't it schmexy? <3)
Dhaos.gif

#5 Wesker - Resident Evil
WeskerCard.jpg

"Uroboros will be relased into the atmosphere ensuring complete global... saturation."" - Wesker

I haven't played this game, but I've heard enough to know this man is pretty evil. Wesker is a cold, heartless superhuman genius, who abandoned his teammates when they needed him the MOST shooting infected zombies. But that's not all. Wesker bby was one of the causes of the virus. He actually experimented with the virus, himself as the experimentee, and become even less human (and stronger) than he already was. He did all this, to recreate the world in his own, twisted little image. A manipulative, corporate jackass.

#6 Nergal - Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword
230pxnergalfire7ag.jpg

Couldn't find a good quote so... ya. Fuck it.

Ahh, Nergal, the main antagonist of Fire Emblem. This man was one of those "good guys gone bad", completely consumed by evil and the lust for power. I had trouble deciding if I should put Ashnard from Path of Radiance(I still can), but I thought Nergal made a a better power-crazed villain. In the world of Fire Emblem, dragons and humans used to live in harmony. But that didn't last for long, for the dragons and man had started to have disputes, and that's how the war called "The Scouring" occurred. When all hope was lost, seven heroes stepped forward and forced dragons into another realm. Awhile after that, Athos, one of the seven heroes (who like lives forever for some reason), met Nergal, and they quickly became friends. They then discovered a small village called Arcadia, and in their shock, dragons and mankind were coexisting together. They settled their for hundreds of years (told ya, lives forever), but they started to drift apart. Nergal discovered a magic that could take the "quintessence", or "life", away from something living. He started experimenting and animals, graduating to using humans. When Athos found out, they banished him from the village. He was still out there, though, building up his power to, of course, rule Lycia. Although, his first reason for turning to dark magic was to open the Dragon's Gate (which basically separate's the dragon realm from the human world) and try to rescue his to children, Ninian and Nils, after he sent them there for protection. Afterwards, though, he forgot what his main purpose was, and just tried to use them for his selfish wants for power. Nergal's goal was to call dragons to the human world and then control them with the vast amounts of quintessence he stored. To get enough, he created creatures called "morphs"- human like figures with freaky golden eyes and dark blue/black hair- to kill important, powerful people and gather energy. He took control of a noble assassination organization, who would only target power-hungry fools and unjust lords, by having one of his sexy, big breasted morphs marry the leader of the group(Click for links). He also had a morph trick a powerful king of a powerful nation to conquer neighboring kingdoms, promising him power in return. Nergal almost practically had the continent under his grasp, but he was blinded by power, and that led to his end.

#7 Lavos - Chrono Trigger
lavos1mmvt8.jpg

Lavos! An freaky alien parasite-slash-monster from outer space comes from the past, intending to take over your planet, and what do you do? You gather the group who made and drew Dragonball Z and mix them with a bunch of video game designers and script writers, that's what! Lol, is it just me, or does this game look like "Dragon Ball Z meets medieval RPG"? Amirite or amirite? Well, anyway, Lavos only intention was to drain planets of their energy so he could make himself Mini-Lavos spawns. No reasoning. Prolly just cause the thing's alien, but ya. Kinda scary. Imagine our own world suddenly being attack by thousands of small alien parasites, killing everyone and eventually destroying Earth. Weird, right?

#8 TBA

#9 TBA

#10 Gary/Blue Oak – Pokemon Blue/Red/Green
125px-GymBlue3.png

"Smell ya!"
- Gary

GARY MOTHAFUCKIN' OAK!!!!!!!!!
Well, actually, I was planning on putting this as a joke, but I changed my mind. This is a Pokemon forums, amirite? But yeah. He taunted you. He was always a step ahead of you. He became the best trainer in the region before you did, you matter how fast you were. Face it: Gary is one badass motha fucka. Smell ya later.

Others I don’t know –

Kuja- I dunno, haven’t finished the game yet.
Sephy- Lol, does he deserve a spot here? I’m not sure.
GLaDOS- I’m unfamiliar with this game. Some people at another forums thought he should of been on the list. Y/N?
Tales- I know Blazing Heart’s is gonna come up in here and start complaining that there aren’t any enough bad guys from Tales games here (lol), but I only know three. Any more I should be aware of?
Wolf- Y/N?

ALSO, I might make this list fifteen, I dunno. If you want to add to the list, switch up numbers or switch somebody out, tell me now.

Last edited:
I don't think Sephiroth really deserves a spot... He really only was an antagonist because he just kinda lost his mind after he found out he wasn't an Ancient. I find it kinda funny how it was only a moot point in Crisis Core though.

Kuja was only evil because he was jealous that Zidane was meant to be more powerful than he xD

GLaDOS is just... Evil. You need to listen to what she says to the player in order to truly realize how evil she is. Two of her best lines; "I'd just like to point out that you were given every opportunity to succeed. There was even going to be a party for you. A big party. That all your friends were invited to. I invited your best friend the Companion Cube. Of course, he couldn't come because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come because you don't have any other friends... Because of how unlikeable you are. It says so right here on your personnel file, 'Unlikeable', 'Liked by no one', 'A bitter, unlikeable loner, whose passing shall NOT be mourned'. That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted. So that's funny too."

"...Don't believe me? Here, I'll put you on; *Retarded cow noise* That's you! That's how dumb you sound!"

Wolf isn't really evil... He's just a jackass. A cool jackass. He's like the Neji of Star Fox.

Anyways, I only feel like thinking of four right now, and they're all Tales;

ZilvaMadigan.jpg

Zilva Madigan. She's a crazy psycho bitch who thinks all Huma should just disappear. She's the one pulling everything from the very beginning, from the death of the King Ladras at the start of the game, to Claire and the princess switching bodies, and she even tried to end the world, and start a new one with just Gajuma (You know what they are. Just by looking at her). She's just plain insane, really, even laughing about how even after she died, the end of the world would still come, and that friendship and equality was disgusting, and made her want to vomit.

Saleh and Tohma from Tales of Rebirth were also rather evil. The entire game, despite how well they work together, they absolutely despise each other (Due to the whole racism thing going down. Saleh was a Huma, and Tohma a Gajuma). They don't even change at all after the final battle with them, and the other two of the Four Stars. They just kill each other out of pure hatred and cold blood, and die together. It's a little ironic, really.

Miktran-remake.gif

Miktran, from Tales of Destiny is quite evil as well. For the entire game, he's taken control of Hugo, Lion and Rutee's father, and nobody's all the wiser, until a good 70% through the game. He was from an ancient civilization called the A'thers, who were at war with land dwellers thousands of years ago. Basically, he thinks all of them are inferior, and uses an ancient weapon to cover the world in an eternal darkness, and 'Return the world to zero' as he says in the PSX version. Now, normally, it's rather cookie-cutter, and nothing special, but when playing Lion's Side in the PS2 remake, not only does it make you pity Lion more, it makes you hate Miktran just as much, if not even moreso. He basically blackmails Lion into acting against Stan and the Swordian Team, threatening the life of his love interest. Of course, Lion tried to fight back, but he got his ass handed to him, and instead of killing Lion, he holds Marian hostage.

BarbatosGoetia.jpg

And finally, Barbatos Goetia, from Tales of Destiny 2. Basically, he was in the ancient war described in the first Tales of Destiny. He wanted to become all powerful. Eventually, he became so powerful that he was literally erased from history, so he no longer existed. Until Elraine brought him back into the world to work for her (She did the same for Judas, but he went off on his own). When he came back, he killed Stan (Hero of the first Destiny), which plagued Kyle with a nightmare, and went off, attempting to kill any other great heroes through history, with the exception of Judas, who's actually Lion, because he was labeled as a traitor (For obvious reasons). Obviously, he clashed with Kyle and company several times.

Now, where he's truly evil, is in battle. In Tales of Destiny 2, he has certain restrictions that you always find out the hard way unless you're being lame and using a guide. In the first fight with him, you can't use items, otherwise he'll instantly cast a spell on the user. In the second fight, you still can't use items. In the third, and final fight, you're not allowed to use items, attack spells, OR healing spells, otherwise he'll kill your mages.

He shows up in the remake of Destiny as a cameo. He's final boss of the EX dungeon, but more importantly, he's really only there to prevent you from grinding levels; If you stay in any one area for more than 15 minutes, he'll show up in a random encounter that you can't win. He'll kill you. And if you try to use an item in the fight that you can actually beat him in, he'll leave your party half dead. If you try fighting him on Easy battle rank, he'll actually get harder, and constantly use Cheap Elimination, instead of his trademark Genocide Braver. On the Evil (Rightfully named) and Chaos (Hardest one) Battle Ranks however, if you take too long to beat him, he'll start charging up for his World Destroyer attack. It's impossible to stop. When he uses it, he instantly kills your entire party... Try fighting him yourself, and you'll break a controller, a TV, a Playstation, or whatever is closest to you at that moment.

May as well post some of my opinions, although I'm not listing off ten:

200px-Normal_bleck2.jpg

Count Bleck is a very unique villain in my opinion. His motivations go way beyond the power complex of most video game villains *coughBowsercough*. His whole plan was a grandiose suicide plot. Blumiere was so in love with Lady Timpani that when his father, disapproving of her as an outsider, banished her to another dimension, he stole the Dark Prognosticus, used it to become Count Bleck, and killed his own father before destroying his dimension. Then he formed Castle Bleck and began a plan to destroy all of existence - including himself. But then, when he finds out Timpani is still alive in the form of Tippi, he plans to fight Mario simply so that Mario will kill him, as that's the only way to stop The Void and save Tippi from dying along with all worlds. He's also a lot kinder to his minions than most villains; notice how he never punishes them for failure, it's always Nastasia who does so. He may not be pure evil, but he definitely deserves a mention.

200px-Jester.jpg

SUPER SERIOUS SPOILERS FOLLOW

If Bleck makes the list for motivation, Dimentio makes it for just plain pure evil. He's not just evil, he's an insane psychopath - notice how, when he kills, he feels no remorse, his smile never wavers, and he even cracks jokes before "ending your game". Although he's insane, he's definitely not stupid. His plot's even more intricate than Bleck's - everything he does to begin with, rather than killing Mario and the rest of the group, is to test their abilities to see if they're powerful enough to defeat Count Bleck. It's not an act of defecting to their side; it's because he wants them to do the dirty work for him. Once Count Bleck is defeated, he pops in to finish the job, then takes the Chaos Heart, melds with Luigi, and makes one of the best boss battles in the history of ever with Super Dimentio. He's a cold, calculated villain, who tops Bowser in pretty much every way.

attachment.php

You better have seen this guy coming for intimidation. IT'S FUCKING GIYGAS GO WATCH A YOUTUBE BATTLE OF HIM FOR CHRISSAKES.

Now I'm tired Imma go to bed.

Dist the fscking Reaper

He looks like a joke. He acts like a joke. He even sounds like a joke, outside of his absolutely amazing evil laugh.

He isn't.

See, Dist is That One Boss in a game filled with Those Bosses. On top of his absolutely over-the-top flair for drama, he doesn't even fight you in person. He sics his home-made giant mechas on your party while hovering around the battlefield in his flying chair. He doesn't have any special attacks himself, though he would deny this and opt to blow you away with his "super ultra gorgeous fonic artes" ... which never actually happens.

He also has the worst sense of timing EVER.

No, really. 2/3 encounters with him come out of nowhere. In the second encounter, for example, your party is attempting to evacuate a city that has begun to collapse. There is absolutely no hint of any kind that you should save while you're still trying to help everyone out. If you walk out of the city gates thinking that everything's going to go off without a hitch, think again. I learned this the hard way.

Dist has a fairly sympathetic background, though it does not excuse his habits of backstabbing and playing god. His sole driving force is to revive his beloved dead schoolteacher, which your party's mage accidentally killed when he was twelve years old. For some reason, he also wants said mage to revert back to his old and absolutely monstrous younger personality so that they all can re-live the good ol' days. He's involved in a science called 'fomicry', which can replicate any matter. Apparently, he has absolutely no qualms about putting living creatures including at least two pre-teen boys through the very painful replication process.
In the case of the aforementioned schoolteacher, he needs to acquire special replica data from one of his superiors. He doesn't give a damn about how he acquires it or how many people die beforehand. In order to get this data, he turns his superior into an eldrich abomination. No, I am not making this up.

Oh, and when you do defeat him, don't ever expect it to be the last encounter. Yes, even when he seems to have been killed. In fact, ESPECIALLY when he seems to have been killed. The only sure-fire way to kill Dist would be to spike his drink with cyanide,
ram a stake through his chest, cut off his head, cleanse the body with salt and garlic, dismember it, burn the parts, scatter the ashes at a crossroad, and then pour some more salt around them. And even then, that might only inconvenience him for a few months.

In short? Dist is screwed up, and he isn't even the main villain. Mind, the main villain is ALSO screwed up, albeit differently.

Last edited:
SA-X_Face.png

SA-X
Take Samus at full power, then remove her heart and feelings, there you have SA-X. A X parasite who infected Samus' power suit and copied all her abilites, and you don't have all of them. That pretty much means you're screwed if you run into it. Plus, just like all the other X, it's obsessed with making the X the only species there is. Plus it has three forms, normal SA-X, mutated SA-X and X-Core form.

200px-Jester.jpg
200px-Super_Dimentiol.PNG

Dimentio/super Dimentio
He's insane, yes sir, but not stupid, as J.T said, he's rather damn cunning. making the heroes do everything for him before using Luigi as the container for the Chaos heart and becoming Super Dimentio.

Zero-Two02.JPG

Zero Two
He wants to make everyone sad for all eternity, driven by by his own lack of happiness.

Giegue__revamp_ish__by_mrsaturn123.jpg
BossGiygas.png

Giegue/Giygas
'An evil alien raised by humans who still tries to destroy Earth, and after failing, goes completely insane, turning into a swirling face with the power to destroy the entire everything, which he technically did.

300px-Majorasmask.png

Majora's Mask
It tries to destroy Termina by crashing the FREAKING MOON into it, and it does it only because it's sadistic.

Last edited:
I forgot one from my list... (I'll be adding the rest of my ten later, through different posts)

Janga

This psychopath made his debut in Klonoa: Densetsu no Star Medal for the GBA, and showed up as one of the major villains in the crossover Strategy RPG Namco X Capcom. He's an extremely popular character, despite his foul-mouthed, murderous alcoholism. He refers to himself as Poison Claws Janga, because... Well, his claws are poisonous. He's got absolutely no morals or conscience, and it was even hinted at him being a pedophile in both games he showed up in. He's used his claws to kill Guntz's father, poison Pango's son, and even Klonoa himself. Next to Ghadius, he's considered to be one of the most intimidating villains in the series, not just because of his qualities, but also for harvesting the nightmares of other people for his own purpose.

OMGLUCALUCALUCALUCALUCALUCAAAAAAAAAAA*retching noises*

I thought I was the only one here who played Suikoden II. Damn, I feel old.

Luca Blight would be my choice as well. From all the games I've played he stood out the most in the role of antagonist. Dude's insane!

Last edited:
Lekain - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

344px-Lekain.png

While most of the "baddies" in Fire Emblem are either misguided, driven mad or so minor that they're not worth mentioning, Lekain stands out as a real dipshit.

He's a religious fanatic. He organises the massacre of a race of pacifists. He orchestrates a world war. Not only does he have the Begnion Empire under his foot, but he also controls Kilvas and Daein via blood pacts. He doesn't have a sad backstory; he isn't doing what he does out of a sense of justice; he has no guilt for his actions. He's just an evil, spiteful creature.

Although Lehran is ultimately more to blame for the events of FE9/10, at least he shows regret for his actions at the end of it all and makes amends by joining your party.

might add more later.

Zero-Two02.JPG

Zero Two
He wants to make everyone sad for all eternity, driven by by his own lack of happiness.

I'm not sure if Zero is truely desearving of such a spot. Sure, he is a great villain and all, but I wouldn't exactly call him one of the best. Then again he managed to take control of not just one, but SIX stars AND created his own.

Anyways, does this have to be the SUPER DUPER bad villains or could be villains in general, as long as they were great villains? How about baddies that wind up becoming more of a rival to the main protaganist?

I absolutely hate the following villain, but he's such a villain he needs to be mentioned.

Mother3_Pokey.PNG

I nothing but hate Porky, hate hate hate hate HATE! He have no respect for life, he goes as far as calling Claus a machine, a "it" that doesn't even deserve a name, everything he does to you and your island, your world, he does them because he's bored. He ordered the experimenting of all the animals, turning them to chimera's or cyborgs, because the world is his private playground to him. He tries to end the world forever. And he goes as far locking up himself for all eternity, even after the world has ended, he will continue to exist, forever. He also, before MOTHER 3, controlled the reincarnation of evil itself. porky is selfish, cruel, immature and downright bastardish.

I absolutely hate the following villain, but he's such a villain he needs to be mentioned.

Mother3_Pokey.PNG

I nothing but hate Porky, hate hate hate hate HATE! He have no respect for life, he goes as far as calling Claus a machine, a "it" that doesn't even deserve a name, everything he does to you and your island, your world, he does them because he's bored. He ordered the experimenting of all the animals, turning them to chimera's or cyborgs, because the world is his private playground to him. He tries to end the world forever. And he goes as far locking up himself for all eternity, even after the world has ended, he will continue to exist, forever. He also, before MOTHER 3, controlled the reincarnation of evil itself. porky is selfish, cruel, immature and downright bastardish.

^ And that's what makes him a great villain, in my eyes.

To elaborate, Porky started out in Earthbound as a perfectly normal, if annoying, fat kid NPC. There was nothing that would suggest that he would become the immortal monster he would become in Mother 3. He was a villain that you really got to see develop as he moved up the chain of power in Earthbound, taking advantage of people, including the FREAKING INCARNATION OF EVIL ITSELF and slowly becoming more and more of a threat. He wasn't a psychic like Ness. He wasn't strong-willed or powerful in any way. He was just a kid given an opportunity, and look what he became. If you think about that for a while, it gets pretty dsturbing.

You may love to hate him, and I'm not disagreeing with you (he is a complete and total bastard), but you can't deny that as a villain, he's pretty fucking awesome.

To add my own:

225px-Maria1.PNG

Maria from Silent Hill 2. What does she do, you may ask? Well...nothing, really...except mindfuck the hell out of the protagonist James by looking and acting like a oversexualized version of the wife he killed, cling to him constantly while imitating the mood swings his wife was suffering while she was dying of a terminal illness, and get slaughtered time and time again while he watches and coming back so she can do it all over again, all while trying to trap him in a never-ending hell of his own guilt. And in one ending, she actually succeeds.

Last edited:
Oh god Maria I hate Maria SO MUCH. She managed to mindfuck me, too, with her coming back to life like 3 times and acting as if nothing happened. hsgkjsd.

I HATE MARIA.

She deserves a spot on this thing. You know you have a good mindscrew-based villian when it's also mindscrewing the player.

Mother3_Pokey.PNG

Well, one should generally hate the villains of their games... If you hate the villains, that generally means the developers are doing a good job of characterizing them.

Woah woah woah, slow down gaise. I'm only one guy.

Glados: Lol, that's pretty cold. Sounds like fun. What does she/it do in the game?

Zilva: I dunno, she sound like just another crazy person. If she did anything that was particularly dastardly, maybe she could make top ten. IMO, Kefka's insane, and he'd whoop her.
Miktran: Couldn't read this one. Spoilers. ;D
Barbatos: lolwut, "Literally erased from history?" What do you mean, He just... disappeared? And, your saying you can't use items in the first two battles, nor can you use spells in the third, or he'll come up and skullfuck you? Lol, that's kind of funny. Is it possible to beat him in the EX dungeon, or is just "OMFGWTFISTHIS*HEADDESK*"? I might consider him. What was he trying to accomplish?

Count Bleck: Um... sure? I don't think this guy is "top ten" material, just cause he wants to destroy since his wife who died. And kindness=/great villain.
Dimento: Again, sound like another one of those "crazy villains", 'cept this time he's smart. It's hard for a bad guy from Mario to make this list, because the game lacks some of the seriousness other games present. So noez.

SA-X: Dark Samus tops him in every way, since there practically the same thing except Dark doesn't have a weakness to Metroid's. And Ridley beats them both, so it doesn't matter. But, you reminded me, I was going to put Metroid/X in my list. I'll do it now.
Zero Two: Joking, amirite?
Majora's Mask: ...Joking, amirite?
Giygas: OK? Lavos is up there, they sound like the same exact thing, except Lavos conquers multiple planets for energy to produce thousands of smaller Lavos Spawns.

Janga: Hm.. I don't know, I'll have to think about this one. He kind of sounds more like a rival to me, but he's not. It's hard for me to do thins, because I haven't played some of the games and witnessed the villains in action, but he might make a spot.

LUCA BLIGHT MOTHA&*@%!!!!

Lekain: OOOOH, souund evil. Unfortunately for me, I haven'y played Radiant Dawn yet. D=

@Superyoshi888: If you think a villain deserves a spot to be in the "Top Ten Villains of ALL TIME", then list 'em here. No fags pl0x.

Good point Blazing, if you can't stand the villain, the developers are doing a great job of making him a villain. Porky has to be a whinny jackass, because, from what you've said, he acts like a little child. Definitely putting him into characterization.

Maria: Yeah, but wasn't she actually created by James?

Now, taking that all into consideration...

Zilva: I dunno, she sound like just another crazy person. If she did anything that was particularly dastardly, maybe she could make top ten. IMO, Kefka's insane, and he'd whoop her.

Ahh, but see, Kefka didn't cause any of your party members to go berserk (You're required to fight each of your party members at least once throughout the story because of her), and plus, she's able to use the moon to do whatever the fuck she wants. I don't think Kefka can do that.

Miktran: Couldn't read this one. Spoilers. ;D

Hmm... But most of this stuff is only disclosed in the remake, which is japanese only D= The PSX version was so horribly translated, it just made it seem like he was trying to end the world for shits n' giggles.

Barbatos: lolwut, "Literally erased from history?" What do you mean, He just... disappeared? And, your saying you can't use items in the first two battles, nor can you use spells in the third, or he'll come up and skullfuck you? Lol, that's kind of funny. Is it possible to beat him in the EX dungeon, or is just "OMFGWTFISTHIS*HEADDESK*"? I might consider him. What was he trying to accomplish?

Yeah, he just disappeared, because he got too powerful. And yes, it is possible to beat him in Destiny R's EX dungeon. It generally requires a lot of planning ahead (Just like a normal Tales of Rebirth battle!), and your combos NEED to be spot on. He just basically wanted to become the most powerful being in the world, and his first step to doing that was killing everyone on the planet. Best part is, he can distort the space around him, and pull a Dhaos, to instantly go to a different time. Basically, he's trying to destroy history itself.

SA-X: Dark Samus tops him in every way, since there practically the same thing except Dark doesn't have a weakness to Metroid's. And Ridley beats them both, so it doesn't matter. But, you reminded me, I was going to put Metroid/X in my list. I'll do it now.
SA-X isn't even evil in any way, shape, or sort. It's just mindless. Its only purpose is reproduction. It's just basically a Borg.

Janga: Hm.. I don't know, I'll have to think about this one. He kind of sounds more like a rival to me, but he's not. It's hard for me to do thins, because I haven't played some of the games and witnessed the villains in action, but he might make a spot.

Sooo... You're calling a murderous pedophile a rival?

Maria: Yeah, but wasn't she actually created by James?

She was created from his subconscious, as were everything else in Silent Hill. Maria wasn't evil. She was there to make James realize the horrible things he had done

But for god's sake, Giygas actually destroyed the entire everything, unlike Lavos, Giygas is better then him in every way I can think of.

But I wasn't joking about Zero or Majora, but I have to be honest I didn't think they'd reach your standard.

But seriously, Porky, now.

Ahh, but see, Kefka didn't cause any of your party members to go berserk (You're required to fight each of your party members at least once throughout the story because of her), and plus, she's able to use the moon to do whatever the fuck she wants. I don't think Kefka can do that.

Hmm... But most of this stuff is only disclosed in the remake, which is japanese only D= The PSX version was so horribly translated, it just made it seem like he was trying to end the world for shits n' giggles.

Yeah, he just disappeared, because he got too powerful. And yes, it is possible to beat him in Destiny R's EX dungeon. It generally requires a lot of planning ahead (Just like a normal Tales of Rebirth battle!), and your combos NEED to be spot on. He just basically wanted to become the most powerful being in the world, and his first step to doing that was killing everyone on the planet. Best part is, he can distort the space around him, and pull a Dhaos, to instantly go to a different time. Basically, he's trying to destroy history itself.

SA-X isn't even evil in any way, shape, or sort. It's just mindless. Its only purpose is reproduction. It's just basically a Borg.

Sooo... You're calling a murderous pedophile a rival?

She was created from his subconscious, as were everything else in Silent Hill. Maria wasn't evil. She was there to make James realize the horrible things he had done
You're right there, he doesn't. But, does smash people down with his mighty banzhammorz on top on a tower he named after himself with the title of God? I think not! <3 But still, under consideration.

Still not reading it! D=

That's funny. You know what. Barbatos is a funny guy. Lol, destroy history itself. That's pretty despicable, though. He get's points for his intentions, evilness, and definitely his intimidation.

I don't think "mindless" is the right word to describe it, but still, I see your point. It's a great idea, though; a deadly, nearly un-destructible virus who can only be stopped by two things: Metroids and Samus. No intention whatsoever, just to reproduce and make their species flourish.

Yes, I am. From what you've told me, he sounds like a important antagonist in Klonoa, but just a killer who likes children. Give me a better description of him, and maybe I'll understand you better.

Yeah, I have limited knowledge of Silent Hill, but I've seen my brother play enough to understand that there aren't really any set villains in this game.

But for god's sake, Giygas actually destroyed the entire everything, unlike Lavos, Giygas is better then him in every way I can think of.

But I wasn't joking about Zero or Majora, but I have to be honest I didn't think they'd reach your standard.

But seriously, Porky, now.
In the original timeline, Lavos slept for millions of years, gaining power until 1999 AD, when he emerged and put the world into an apocalyptic state. However, because of the interference of many of the characters, he was summoned at two other points in time—12000 BC and 600 AD. While traveling in 2300 AD, Crono, Marle, and Lucca see a video of the Day of Lavos which occurred in 1999 AD, and decide to prevent it somehow. Magus is also after Lavos for destroying his home era of 12000 BC.
So, Lavos, did in fact, destroy the world, but the heroes prevented it. Just like Ness, no? But Lavos's intentions are just... evil! He wasn't a stupid, extraterrestrial being who ripped up planets for no reason; he had intelligence, and drained the life force of many planets, for reproduction.

Hell no they don't. xD

I'm gonna agree with you on Wesker, and Nergal. Gary...well, he did make that one very mean comment to me in Pokemon Tower, so...sure. Bowser and Ganon are, of course, staples...and, really, the only other villian I can think of that's worth puting up here is Alexei from Tales of Vesperia.

So, Lavos, did in fact, destroy the world, but the heroes prevented it. Just like Ness, no? But Lavos's intentions are just... evil! He wasn't a stupid, extraterrestrial being who ripped up planets for no reason; he had intelligence, and drained the life force of many planets, for reproduction.

tsk tsk.

Giygas had reason, y'know, he had tried to take over the world before, in MOTHER or Earthbound Zero. But he failed the first time, y'see, Giygas was raised by a human couple who was abducted for this, but the aliens had no intention on destroying planets either. The women, Maria, actually loved the little alien like her own child, but the man, George, was only looking for a way to escape, so a scene with this little "family" could look something like this.

Anyway, as said, George wanted to escape, so he secretly studied the PSI the aliens used, and escaped with this knowledge, alone. But as this knowledge belonged to their race, the aliens were forced to invade Earth, and decided to use Giygas, who had an extraordinarily high amount of PSI power. But this forced him to leave from his beloved mother, and train to invade Earth, which, 80 years later, didn't work. As the ones who stopped him, the grandchild of George and Mario and his friends, happened to know Giygas' only weakness, a song Maria used to sing to him, which, as far as I could understand, dragged out his hidden feelings, putting him in a emotionally unbalanced stage, which also weakened his psyche and therefor his PSI. He was forced to retreat.

Afterwards, Giygas used a machine to remove his memories, giving him no reason to feel anything else but hatred and disgust for the humans and pretty much anything, this slowly led to the Giygas as we usually know him.

There, had enough history lesson yet?

Back
Top Bottom