• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Type Change

Elephants are not associated with Water by any stretch of the imagination. Yes, they come into contact with water; most living things do.

Uh, yeah. If you were to watch a cartoon with an elephant in it, most likely, it will squirt someone.

Mikes right; never mind about Lucario. And I change my Glalie vote to 'ice / rock'; I never read that dex entry since I don't have Ruby.

Uh, yeah. If you were to watch a cartoon with an elephant in it, most likely, it will squirt someone.
Yes it will. And if you watch a documentary on blue jays, eventually one will drink some water. If you watch a movie, a person may bathe. That doesn't mean these are creatures associated with Water. Heck, if you watch a movie, a person may drink orange juice. desn't mean people are Orange Juice elementals, does it?

Oh yeah, and: Gligar; I want it to be poison somehow. D:

Ice / grass is pretty strange. I mean, they made it work with Snover, but still.
Fire/Bug, despite weakness, isn't quite as bad. The other two are just strange, though.
Fire / Bug... Oh Love, let there be a Firefly in the next gen.

Sort of on topic: I kind of thought Ninetales should've been Fire / Ghost or Fire / Dark because the anime, PMD and various Dex entries give it a sinister vibe.

Ice / grass is pretty strange. I mean, they made it work with Snover, but still.

Fire / Bug... Oh Love, let there be a Firefly in the next gen.

Sort of on topic: I kind of thought Ninetales should've been Fire / Ghost or Fire / Dark because the anime, PMD and various Dex entries give it a sinister vibe.

That's what I thought of, actually. A firefly. But make it Bug/Flying and they die. No one will use it.

Torkoal should be Fire/Rock instead of pure Fire. God, it confused me so MUCH in the battle frontier when Fighting-type attacks weren't super effective. I mean, come on, it has a ROCK FOR A SHELL!

Torkoal should be Fire/Rock instead of pure Fire. God, it confused me so MUCH in the battle frontier when Fighting-type attacks weren't super effective. I mean, come on, it has a ROCK FOR A SHELL!

I know! I mean, like, that rock shell, like, makes it the fire type it is! You see, most fire retypes have that black, rock, shell that insulates the flames because of Torkoal!.

I know! I mean, like, that rock shell, like, makes it the fire type it is! You see, most fire retypes have that black, rock, shell that insulates the flames because of Torkoal!.

Fire retypes?

Anyways, more reasons for why Torkoal should be Fire/Rock:

Magcargo is Fire and Rock. They both have rock shells. X.X

OK. Here we go. *takes deep breath*

GLIGAR should be flying/poison.
GLISCOR should be flying/poison or flying/dark. Heck, it could be poison/dark!
SNOVER should be ice/ground.
TORKOAL should be fire/ground.
GLALIE should be ice/rock.
MAWILE I think should actually be steel/normal. I know it's random, but meh.
HEATRAN is fine as it is. I see no problems with that.

Hope that clears things up a little!

Oh, and by the way, I've always hated that no-weaknesses thing with Sableye and Spiritomb.

Also, I think there should be a Light type to counteract the Dark type.

Right, OK, that's it.

Really.

I've always thought of Psychic and, to some extent, Normal as "good" types, and since Dark is dark as in evil, not dark as in no light, I think having them is fine.

I think it makes more sense for Golduck to be Water/Psychic, since I actually just learned it wasn't.

I don't think Gastly's line should be Poison. I've just never understood that at all.

I think Exeggcute should be pure Grass. Exeggcutor I still think should be Psychic, but not really Exeggcute.

Kangaskhan I can see as Fighting or as Normal, really. Fighting makes a bit more sense to me, though.

Pinsir should definitely be Fighting, or at least Bug/Fighting. It learns way more Fighting moves, and couldn't get any Bug moves by level-up until Gen IV. I used to actually think that it was Fighting.

I agree with everyone else who said Gyarados should be Water/Dragon, partly because I used to think it was.

Dratini and Dragonair just seem more like Water/Dragon types to me, I don't know why. They just do.

To me, Feraligatr seems kind of like a Water/Dark type. I'm not sure why, it just does.

Dunsparce has always seemed like a Ground type to me, and I think it would just make a lot more sense that way. I actually thought it was until recently.

Gliscor seems like it should be Dark or Ground/Dark or something to me, I'm not sure why. It just looks like it.

Smoochum I think should just be Ice, since an dual-typed baby Pokemon just seems odd to me, and it doesn't really seem too Psychic to me anyway.

Azurill should be Water for obvious reasons.

Torkoal should totally be Fire/Rock. It confuses the hell out of me and a lot of other people. I mean, it has a fucking shell made of rock. D:

Chimecho should be Ghost since it apparently isn't wtf.

Glalie should be Ice/Dark since it apparently isn't wtf.

Luxray should be Electric/Dark since it apparently isn't wtf.

Budew should be pure Grass since it apparently isn't wtf.

Oh, and just saying this, I don't associate elephants with water at all.

I don't think Gastly's line should be Poison. I've just never understood that at all.

They're made of gas, and Haunter's tongue is poisonous.

Oh, and just saying this, I don't associate elephants with water at all.

Me neither.

Pinsir should definitely be Fighting, or at least Bug/Fighting. It learns way more Fighting moves, and couldn't get any Bug moves by level-up until Gen IV. I used to actually think that it was Fighting.

I agree with everyone else who said Gyarados should be Water/Dragon, partly because I used to think it was.

I agree with these.

I agree with everyone else that torkoal should be fire/rock.
Gyrados should be water/dragon because, well, were the hell is the flying? O.o
Luxray should be electric/dark.
Galie should be ice/rock.
Sudowoodo, WTF IT'S A TREE BUT IS ROCK WTF?!
There was some pokemon (don't remember wich one) that's type completely changes for some reason.
Gligar/Glisor should be flying/poison, because GROUND?! Wtf.
Kangaskahn should be fighting/ground.
Palkai should be completely Dragon, I mean wheres the water? O.o

Back
Top Bottom