• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

University Applications

Yeah, that's who it is. They're really not my first choice (sorry Kratos D: D: D:) but the fact that they give out academic scholarships unlike some colleges that happen to be my first choice is very compelling. I've already got a good $20,000 from them, and I could get more money still by submitting a portfolio. :o

I got a conditional offer from Nottingham Trent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need 260 UCAS points, 180 being from at least 2 A levels
I can so do that

My thought process:

1. Hey, I did pretty well!
2. Maybe I'll get an offer! :D
3. NO! Don't think that!
4. That'll just make it WORSE if they reject you!
5. Shit, that's true, I think I did poorly. :(
6. Yeah, there was that one thing I stumbled on... and they did prompt me a few times...
7. Man, I was horrible.
8. Wait! Be optimistic!
9. Yeah!
10. Hey, I did pretty well!
11. ad nauseam

That's pretty much my thought process, too. And I know that's what I'll be like after my interview with Sheffield.

What makes it worse is that it's not until March 04 so I have ages and ages to wait until I hear anything.

WORRY

So all science applicants have to go for an interview right? My friend wants to do medicine and he's been to an interview already I think
Haven't heard of any other subjects getting them yet :B

I WISH YOU LUCK ANYWAY HARLE.

Medicine students will always, always have to have an interview. For anything else it depends on the university.

And Oxbridge will always ask you for an interview if they're considering you.

Cardiff always interviews history applicants and lots and lots of universities interview for Law. Cardiff usually asks for interviews for biology but they're quite inconsistent, honestly.

Only one interview so far and I've had two offers and rejection.

SO. I NEED LUCK, GIVE ME MORE.

What the hell, why are all these unis giving you offers. :( St. Andrews and ICL are all "we cannot make a decision until January". D:

eta: actually I know why; they don't want to be accused of favouring Oxbridge applicants. But still!

opal: also, it might have to do with your EU student status!

also my offers are shit and I've have a rejection already. Two offers, one rejection, one interview and one nothing.

Leeds wants me to achieve higher than predicted. Cardiff is like "eh whatever, get your prediction and you can come." Manchester was all ">:( YOU'RE SHIT" and Warwick is like "..."

But don't worry, you'll get more offers soon!

TAILSY THIS REQUIRES SOMETHING HARDCORE FROM YOU

idk what, but something. get that application sent :( it's nearly january :(

See, guys, this is why you take sociology. Awesome universities (Durham, Nottingham, Sheffield) give you offers with fairly low requirements (3Bs).

Of course, if you're rubbish, you won't get 3Bs and will end up at Kent. Which, as it turns out, is pretty damn awesome anyways.

So the morals of this story are:

1. Pick a subject that nobody else wants to take, making the requirements way lower.
2. Actually work hard during A-levels.
3. No matter where you end up, no matter how badly you did, you'll almost certianly love it and have an epic time anyways.
4. Super-duper good luck, Harle! (and everyone else)

TAILSY THIS REQUIRES SOMETHING HARDCORE FROM YOU

idk what, but something. get that application sent :( it's nearly january :(

"have you done my reference yet"

aaaaaaaaaargh, my school is all SEND IT AWAY FOR THE FIFTEENTH!!! and I can't do anything else until my reference is written

I just want to get my decisions already :(

I'm kind of concerned about whether or not my art teacher will write my rec letter on time. She's a bit forgetful when it comes to those sorts of things. :|

\o/ Completed and sent! My tutor let me click the 'send' button lol. She has a little light-up mouse shaped like a car. It's awesome.

Applied to Dundee, Aberdeen, Edinburgh Napier, Strathclyde (Glasgow) and Edinburgh. C:

HOORAY FOR YOU HAVE JOINED THE RANKS OF TRACK ADDICTS AND UCAS WHORES

now we wait. and wait. and wait.
yes oh my god

speaking of which I GOT AN OFFER FROM PORTSMOUTH TODAY :D

240 UCAS points from 3 A-levels. So 3 Cs basically.

edit: lol Tailsy I actually got my first offer before I got the welcome letter

Back
Top Bottom