• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Username Changing

This is the time during which you can't change your name to a name that used to exist. If it's the same as the time between name changes, then you will be allowed to get your name back. If I made it longer, you wouldn't, unless you waited a while.

I meant because of the problem with the not being able to change to your old name, since I planned to change to St. Christopher after the time period was up.

No namechange spamming for you!

Although I'm disappointed I can't change my name to Butterfree...
Butterfree, Dragonfree and antialiasis are all defined as forbidden usernames outside of all that, as a measure against impersonation. No matter how long I am Bachuru, nobody can register under any of those names, or change their names to one of them.

I meant because of the problem with the not being able to change to your old name, since I planned to change to St. Christopher after the time period was up.
You will be able to do that, when the time period is up. That's what my last post was about.

So...if you want to change your name back to what it was before, you have to wait a month. However, if you want to change it to something totally new, you don't have to wait? Cuz I changed mine from SkyAngel to Flyte a few days ago, and today I changed it to SkyWingz, and was pleasantly surprised to see it let me. Then I tried to change it back to SkyAngel just out of curiosity to see if I could and it wouldn't let me. Just wondering if this is supposed to happen?

EDIT: Further experimentation revealed that yeah, that's what's happening. I changed from SkyWingz -> SkyWings -> Cloudsong. And I am now done with spamming name changes, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy ^.^

Last edited:
Oh, right, the thing that checks if you can change your name was still trying to find a name change in the hack's history table rather than vBulletin's native one. Changed that to use that table too; should work.

Um...I just receive an error page telling me that the database has encountered a problem whenever I try to go to the name-changing page. :/

...oh, wait, that was silly of me. Sorry. Fixed now, for real.

No namechange spamming for you!

Although I'm disappointed I can't change my name to Butterfree...

I wish you could, I really want to be Karkat, I have the same zodiac sign and everything. Plus, I am a bit of a dumb shit, like Karkat (the character not you) XD
EDIT
My current username is fine though, it's been mine since.... well shit, since your mom thats how long XD.
The previous sentence totally made sense.

Last edited:
Since I changed my name, I have to log in when I go to the forums, even though it's suppose to log me on automatically. Filling in the "remember me?" box doesn't change anything, either.

Anyone knows why?

Since I changed my name, I have to log in when I go to the forums, even though it's suppose to log me on automatically. Filling in the "remember me?" box doesn't change anything, either.

Anyone knows why?

Could you have set your browser to remember your login details for you, but it still uses the old username? Clearing your cookies or whatever is used might help.

I go to the page where I can edit my password, etc., and there's no option to edit my username.

Back
Top Bottom