• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Username Mafia 3 (Night 3)

Re: Username Mafia 3 (Night 1)

... well, it's somewhat important that you do, because two other people's results are contradicting yours.

Flora targeted Phantom and you.
and I don't really know of any roles like that well yeah
flora what are you?
(murp.)

Re: Username Mafia 3 (Day 1)

I'd rather not roleclaim for fear of mafia death, but I can tell you why I could/did target two people!

There's a motivator! I targeted Chal and was later informed by Mai that I could target another player as well, which wasn't part of my role, but rather, outside influence.

Motivator (I think it's called cheerleader too) targets a player, and that player gets an extra target that night. It's used sometimes in #mafia and Mai's there a lot, so it makes sense that she'd use that role!

Well, I definitely sent the action through, so either Artemis Fowl is lying, or I got roleblocked myself o_o

Not sure.

I'd rather not roleclaim for fear of mafia death, but I can tell you why I could/did target two people!

There's a motivator! I targeted Chal and was later informed by Mai that I could target another player as well, which wasn't part of my role, but rather, outside influence.

Motivator (I think it's called cheerleader too) targets a player, and that player gets an extra target that night. It's used sometimes in #mafia and Mai's there a lot, so it makes sense that she'd use that role!

I'll trust you for now but -goes off to mafiawiki for roles-
blarg.

I understand now, unless there are lies. but it all checks out. there may well not be.

vixie is motivator. vixie targetted flora, who ... does something, I don't know. would be nice to know, but eh, okay. I don't see how claiming fear of mafia death if roleclaim helps not die, but okay.

artemis fowl is ... tracker, is that the one? I'd assume so. mai gms that action-intereference roles do not affect information roles. (I should know -- I've asked.)

therefore, yiran's roleblock had no effect on artemis fowl.

and so. it has come to this.

Re: Username Mafia 3 (Night 1)

Hi, everyone! Since nobody died, I am reasonably certain Flora is not mafia... unless someone happened to block her. (In such a case, ignore me!)

Either a lie or quack Roleblocker.
(oh look internet for once on this trip :D)
Suspicions about Flora.

Flora targeted Phantom and you.
and I don't really know of any roles like that well yeah
flora what are you?
(murp.)

also you're not really making sense

Well I think we should vote people since this means pretty much the 4 of us is innocent, which gives us a much greater chance of hitting mafia. o_o But not sure. reslogic go ahead

But who.
It's pretty darn late right now soo my mind is fuzzy. Cannot make decisions.
>if there is a doctor in this game, I would like it if you healed me. kthanks.
>we have three abstains, correct?

But who.
It's pretty darn late right now soo my mind is fuzzy. Cannot make decisions.
>if there is a doctor in this game, I would like it if you healed me. kthanks.
>we have three abstains, correct?
I am utterly confused. And now I'm worried you're active alien.

EDIT: OH 3 abstains as in total amount allowed in the game; I thought you meant votes, sorry.

Last edited:

O.o (I don't know how Artemis could be an alien.)
Basically, I can't think straight right now. I don't think we should lynch.
But then we could lynch based on username but no, that's just...*looking for word* flawed? inaccurate? something like that.
so I'm abstaining for now.
good night(or morning.)

you do not necessarily all have to be telling the truth.

yiran may well be lying -- in the circumstances, that would be a clean lie. risky, to be sure, but if, say, it is a mafia roleblocker who knows the identities of the mafia, it is ... well, strictly speaking, then it wouldn't have actually lied about anything other than "I am innocent" (which ... is virtually meaningless, by the way -- it's only meaningful when the information supports that assertion). or, hm, rigger, maybe.

artemis fowl's claim ... seems far too risky to be a lie, unless both it and flora are mafia. in that case, it is not necessarily unreasonable, if, say, AF is the don and flora is a goon, to take the information on vixie's apparent motivator role, and, knowing that it targetted flora, claim two tracker with two arbitrary targets for flora. in this case, flora's "I'd rather not roleclaim for fear of mafia death" can reasonably be read as something akin to having been pushed to roleclaim without having had a claim in mind. this ... seems unlikely, since AF was the one who actually pushed flora into claiming, but. alternatively, AF can be the goon and flora the don, but this is both less likely and more doable, as both of flora's kills must then be mitigated (and not by yiran's supposed roleblock).

vixie's claim is unlikely to be a lie, because it is inherently risky due to motivator's notification to any player with a night action -- and vixie claimed before any other posts had been made. however, if flora is conspiring with it, it become reasonably plausible (but still not a great idea). I am thus ... inclined to believe vixie's claim is true; it seems still too risky for not enough rewards. I ... would not characterise vixie so, but.

flora can be alone in lying, being, say, a mafia-aligned role with a non-kill night action which targets one player. this is almost seamless -- flora hasn't claimed what role it has, either, so we have no way to actually test it as yet.

I haven't actually claimed to be cheerleader in this thread... Flora just said it was likely.

I am cheerleader, though. So I'm inclined to believe Flora.

I haven't actually claimed to be cheerleader in this thread... Flora just said it was likely.

I am cheerleader, though. So I'm inclined to believe Flora.

mind, I did mention as much beforehand and you did imply you targetted flora, so it is, while much less plausible, still possible, that flora is lying.

definitely leaning toward believable, though.

I was a tad worried about role-claiming, due to my role being one of ~those roles~ where role-claiming equals almost-certain death, but eh, it might end up saving my butt anyway, and I forgot a bit of PM text that makes my death-by-mafia somewhat less likely? If I'm believed of course.

I'm aromatherapist! Which is doctor but in an ~alternative methods~ kinda way. By which I mean it is doctor.

My PM flavor also added that it doesn't interact well with conventional doctoring methods, which means that there's another healer out there who's just a regular doc.

I'm inclined to believe Artemis, because those were actually the two players I targeted (and I was a doof and forgot to mention that I targeted Phantom in my earlier post, which....doesn't really help my cause, but oh well).

if it makes you feel any better, I still can't read it either -- it doesn't seem so much like alien to me, but. augh?

I'm partial to abstaining after any unexplainable lack of death, just to allow mafia to kill off any alien they may have left around (because, as we all know, even the mafia doesn't want a living alien), though.

... on the other hand, as I've noted, I'm also half-inclined to vote AF because inforoles what don't sensefully themselves are kind of hard to useful.

O.o (I don't know how Artemis could be an alien.)
Basically, I can't think straight right now. I don't think we should lynch.
But then we could lynch based on username but no, that's just...*looking for word* flawed? inaccurate? something like that.
so I'm abstaining for now.
good night(or morning.)

uh well it might be obfuscating insanity. perhaps your repeated inscrutable comments are a ruse to get yourself lynched? it is somewhat working, in any case, but that is pretty much why I won't.

lynching based on username is silly, even in username mafia -- mai is not necessarily going to follow the same logic as you.

otherwise um maybe chalumeau is a cult leader because woodwind things -> pied piper, uh yiran is a ... coroner, let's say, because google gives me this, artemis is a miller because wikipedia claims titular character is anti-hero, flora is, say, mafia traitor because flora -> plant life -> plant -> planted spy, res is ... uh, party animal, because sreservoir is twisty to type -> twist everything around.

... okay, fine, so I just softclaimed "not party animal."

I could also go and make reasonably plausible-sounding excuses to make people seem like mafia. but that would be silly.

I was a tad worried about role-claiming, due to my role being one of ~those roles~ where role-claiming equals almost-certain death, but eh, it might end up saving my butt anyway, and I forgot a bit of PM text that makes my death-by-mafia somewhat less likely? If I'm believed of course.

I'm aromatherapist! Which is doctor but in an ~alternative methods~ kinda way. By which I mean it is doctor.

My PM flavor also added that it doesn't interact well with conventional doctoring methods, which means that there's another healer out there who's just a regular doc.

I'm inclined to believe Artemis, because those were actually the two players I targeted (and I was a doof and forgot to mention that I targeted Phantom in my earlier post, which....doesn't really help my cause, but oh well).

... oh, I understand now. we were puzzling over that piece of seeming flavour text, but we assumed that indicated a mafia doctor somewhere. aromatherapy makes sense, though.

and, considering that this claim is validated a piece of flavour text in another person's role which flora is unlikely to have known about, I'm inclined to say at this point that flora is almost certainly innocent.

... unless I'm conspiring with flora. but that's unlikely, right. (I'm not.)

(flora + anyone is makes conspiracy, this is totally suspicious)

I still don't understand, why do you think I am so mindscrewy, and why that would be a reason for mafia to kill me. I mean, if that were all, mafia would leave me alive to confuse everyone, eh, but no seemingly.

Back
Top Bottom