• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Vermont close to legalising samesex marriage

Somebody needs to make a map of the US that shows which states allow it and the likelihood of the other states eventually allowing it. :/

Dude, Iowa! That was unexpected. :']

It's apparently passed the House in Vermont now; from the looks of it the Governor still plans to veto, but if they can get it through again that won't matter. I wonder how likely that is?

Edit @ Leafpool: I found this.

Last edited:
I like how all the gay-marriage-allowing states are bunched up together in a corner (except Iowa). IT'S SPREADING!!

I like how the one corner that they're bunched up in is pretty much New England, the region colonized by tight arsed no-fun zealots who wouldn't let you drink or gamble. Seriously, is that irony, or is that irony?

Also, I do hope that this passes in Vermont.

Ahahaha YES Vermont you're part of the cool states now.

I like how it's basically: *obama gets elected*
*states legalize gay marriage asap*

In other news, samesex marriage comes into effect July 1st, 2010 in Nepal.

lol Nepal

Sweden are legalising it too I think

also why hasn't Iceland legalised it yet

Sweden are

D:<

The Government of Sweden is allowing gays to marry, I can confirm.

As to why Iceland hasn't legalized gay marriage, I would theorize that given the rights that the civil union of gay couples are subject to in Iceland, the gay rights activists there have no real reason to request it, but also allow that Iceland hasn't been doing as well as it normally does lately, and has other things to deal with right now besides marriage rights. (Feel free to tell me if I'm totally wrong here.)

Gay marriage is perfectly legal in Iceland. The state church does not officially marry gay couples (there are other churches that do, and couples of any sex can be married at a local magistrate's office, or "civilly united" but who cares what it's called), but I think I even remember reading that individual priests can choose to marry gay couples if they feel like it. :/

*high-fives Vermont* Way to go, guys. :)

By the way, you guys should all watch this documentary. I watched it yesterday and I thought it was pretty moving... teared up a little bit, even.

Gay marriage is perfectly legal in Iceland. The state church does not officially marry gay couples (there are other churches that do, and couples of any sex can be married at a local magistrate's office, or "civilly united" but who cares what it's called), but I think I even remember reading that individual priests can choose to marry gay couples if they feel like it. :/

But I can't add it to my map until they officially pass a bill saying "hey, civil unions are exactly the same as marriage, why are we even bothering here's some nice samesex marriage!" D:

Back
Top Bottom