• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Victorious Basketball Coach Sacked

hahaha 'this does not reflect a christlike approach on competition'
either christ or this school is full of shit and it ain't christ.

coincidentally the pe teacher isn't white. and he got fired for a retarded reason. huh.

This is wierd. I don't really understand what the problem was. I read through everything but I can't find the exact reason why the dude was fired. Was he accused of cheating or something? Surely it wasn't just because of the score?

This is why nuns shouldn't be in charge of a school.

Whatever the outcome of the match, they would've still bitched about it. They should congratulate the losing team for sticking it out. Dallas Academy would've felt like shite after that message. It's basically saying "We forfeit because we owned you so much and would want other teams to share in the honor of wiping the floor with you."

And what about the Covenant team? They achieved a 100-0 score and don't get shit for it.

Shows how fucked up religious schools are.

Read the article Valor posted. There's more to the story: the team they beat was a small school for disabled people who had never won a game in their lives, and the team that won only got 100 points so they could brag about it (i.e, they just kept making lay-up after lay-up as fast as they could until they got to 100). Kind of a dick move, but I dunno if you would be justified in firing someone over that.

well it was against a disabled team. (note that this doesn't mean just dyslexia, they could have other issues [including dyspraxia])

So? So what if they were disabled? Does it really matter? The blowout victory should've been a wake up call to the losing team. If they suck so badly, maybe they should train more.

Their idol was nailed to a cross. Maybe, then, it's un-Christian to actually come out of the winning side of something.

Yeah, even if the other team is disabled it's the fault of their school for making them compete against a non-disabled team. The coach shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Disabled people don't like it when you deliberately let them win and stuff anyway because it's condescending as hell.

Back
Top Bottom