• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Warriors Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but in Warriors most characters actually stay true to their original mates (exceptions amount to Graystripe - and Silverstream pretty much said it was okay anyway - and Crowfeather - whose relationship with Feathertail caused much internal conflict when Leafpool came around, and then the relationship with Leafpool caused problems between Leafpool and Nightcloud in Po3). Berrynose just went "NOOOO HONEYFmaybe I can go out with Poppyfrost instead"

Honeyfern was the one Mousefur said "The last thing she ever did was grab me a vole" about after she got bitten by a snake, yes? Also, all manner of stupid toms. Though you do have to account for time passage. There was enough time for Rainwhisker to have a falling branch dropped on him between Sunset and The Sight. Do we know how much time is between Sunset and TFA?

Around the time I finished reading TNP I thought wouldn't it be cool if the cats from the the Dark Forest had a war with StarClan and Firestar or some other chosen one got involved. Now look what's happening.

Honeyfern was the one Mousefur said "The last thing she ever did was grab me a vole" about after she got bitten by a snake, yes? Also, all manner of stupid toms. Though you do have to account for time passage. There was enough time for Rainwhisker to have a falling branch dropped on him between Sunset and The Sight. Do we know how much time is between Sunset and TFA?

Yup, that's Honeyfern. And yes, I realize that there was the possibility of time passage, but I must point out that Berrynose and Poppyfrost were already growing close during Sunrise after Honeyfern's death...

I like Jayfeather's opinion on the matter. "How the hell does he have two she-cats padding after him?!"

I like Jayfeather's opinion on the matter. "How the hell does he have two she-cats padding after him?!"

"How the hell does such an arrogant bastard have two apparently sensible she-cats padding after him?"
=3
Okay, so he didn't exactly use such rude words, but he did say something about them being "apparently sensible" or something similar, iirc =3

Since I knew what was going to happen in the second half of Po3 because of reading the spoilers here, it pretty much just amused me. Wasn't as shocking when I read the books as when I read that stuff here, so I was able to point and laugh >:D

Since I knew what was going to happen in the second half of Po3 because of reading the spoilers here, it pretty much just amused me. Wasn't as shocking when I read the books as when I read that stuff here, so I was able to point and laugh >:D

But you must admit that
Jayfeather's time-travelling sequence in Long Shadows was surprising anyway! IT WAS A PARADOX

Also:
If Breezepelt had (pointlessly - that scene was so weird... why would Jayfeather have any motive to kill Poppyfrost, considering he saved her life in The Sight?) killed Poppyfrost, I bet Berrynose would be going out with Cinderheart now |D *shot* I don't think Cinderheart likes him as much as her sisters.

Random Jayfeather thing: He appears to hate the world and everyone in it but he's really a good guy at heart. You know, in the eight months between The Sight and Dark River it was commonly thought that he would be the evil one because of his words at the end of TS ("One day we shall be so powerful that we will command even StarClan!") but really he's a very good guy. I mean people keep getting all over him for being blind, especially early in the series, and he gets all "STOP TALKING ABOUT ME LIKE I'M USELESS" but then he turns around and saves their lives. :x And not because Leafpool asks him to either - look what he's willing to do to save the cats that patronized him when they've all got greencough in Long Shadows; look at how he specifically tries to make sure Poppyfrost and Cinderheart are all right (even before he knows the truth about Cinderheart) after Poppyfrost gets sick and Cinderheart falls from a tree in the first two books; look at how he goes to such lengths to help ShadowClan in Long Shadows. Really he's a kind soul who would do anything to help his Clanmates, even though they don't treat him with the same courtesy. <33333

Last edited:
But you must admit that
Jayfeather's time-travelling sequence in Long Shadows was surprising anyway! IT WAS A PARADOX

I don't understand why Jay's Wing disappeared buy Jaypaw didn't. Also, it's not a paradox, it's a self-fulfillment. Iff a then b, iff b then a, as opposed to iff a then b, iff not b then a or some sort of that.

immediately afterward: I hope Leafpool doesn't name me Jaywing. I wouldn't be able to live with that. would have been interesting, though.

also, has anyone done the relationships for BP and TFA, not necessarily in a image?

Also:
If Breezepelt had (pointlessly - that scene was so weird... why would Jayfeather have any motive to kill Poppyfrost, considering he saved her life in The Sight?) killed Poppyfrost, I bet Berrynose would be going out with Cinderheart now |D *shot* I don't think Cinderheart likes him as much as her sisters.

Well of course she doesn't, she's in love with Jayfeather who probably returns her feeling but wno't persue anything after seeing what happened to Leafpool/Crowfeather because of it.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Jayfeather in OoTS so far? Mostly due to his self-loathing. I'm hoping that he'll eventually get used to being mdeicine cat and go back to the way he was at the end of Sunrise.

I don't understand why Jay's Wing disappeared buy Jaypaw didn't.

Here's a quote from the author chat transcript (not sure if it helps but eh):

Lakestorm Wright(Q): If Jayfeather went into the tunnels, and came out in Jay's Wing's time, where did Jay's Wing go? I mean, he had to go somewhere when he went into the tunnels, right?

VickyHolmes(A): Oh no, I was hoping no one was going to ask me about this! Cherith asked me exactly the same thing when she was writing Long Shadows, and I gave her a really convincing answer, but the details seem to have got lost in the fog of my mind. I think I meant that Jayfeather actually became Jay’s Wing – not a reincarnation, not a temporary possession of his body – and by making the decision to go back to ThunderClan, Jay’s Wing had to leave his own Ancient Clanmates to follow a path that he had set for them. Does that make sense? Probably not.

It's pretty similar to the idea I had in mind before this question got answered, anyway.

also, has anyone done the relationships for BP and TFA, not necessarily in a image?

I'm currently working on a revision of my giant family tree to include the stuff from those books.

I had printed out the pre-BP version of your family tree some time back - it's on my wall, in my room, and after reading BP and TFA I wrote in the changes and additions =3

It took up six printer pages so I just taped it together x3

I had printed out the pre-BP version of your family tree some time back - it's on my wall, in my room, and after reading BP and TFA I wrote in the changes and additions =3

... that is awesome. I pin stuff to my wall a lot (like that one picture of the Three I linked to a page back - I cut it out and pinned it up because I liked it so much), but not the family tree. I can't believe someone liked it enough to do that. xD

Here's a quote from the author chat transcript (not sure if it helps but eh):

Lakestorm Wright(Q): If Jayfeather went into the tunnels, and came out in Jay's Wing's time, where did Jay's Wing go? I mean, he had to go somewhere when he went into the tunnels, right?

VickyHolmes(A): Oh no, I was hoping no one was going to ask me about this! Cherith asked me exactly the same thing when she was writing Long Shadows, and I gave her a really convincing answer, but the details seem to have got lost in the fog of my mind. I think I meant that Jayfeather actually became Jay’s Wing – not a reincarnation, not a temporary possession of his body – and by making the decision to go back to ThunderClan, Jay’s Wing had to leave his own Ancient Clanmates to follow a path that he had set for them. Does that make sense? Probably not.

It's pretty similar to the idea I had in mind before this question got answered, anyway.

Which, of course, begs the question of where the hell Jay's Wing was before Jaypaw became him.

Do you have any pictures of it? xD

Which, of course, begs the question of where the hell Jay's Wing was before Jaypaw became him.

Do you have any pictures of it? xD

Didn't he go into the tunnels for his initiation to become a sharpclaw? =3
Maybe the real Jay's Wing DIED in the tunnels! >:D

And no, sorry - I don't have anything to use to upload pictures. I don't have a cable for my camera, and the computer just won't accept its memory card anymore =/

Didn't he go into the tunnels for his initiation to become a sharpclaw? =3

...my memory sucks, doesn't it.

And no, sorry - I don't have anything to use to upload pictures. I don't have a cable for my camera, and the computer just won't accept its memory card anymore =/

Then I guess I'll have to print and assemble my own. Hm.

Technically yes, if you use some very convoluted logic. He went into the tunnels and died there because the cat who came out was Jayfeather. xD

I think that what happened was Jay's Wing was living a normal life and then he went into the tunnels but somehow morphed into Jayfeather while he was there and then Jayfeather walked out of the tunnels and later left. xD

I wonder what Half Moon thought when that happened. Or Dove's Wing, or Stone Song, or... anybody :(

Technically yes, if you use some very convoluted logic. He went into the tunnels and died there because the cat who came out was Jayfeather. xD

I think that what happened was Jay's Wing was living a normal life and then he went into the tunnels but somehow morphed into Jayfeather while he was there and then Jayfeather walked out of the tunnels and later left. xD

I wonder what Half Moon thought when that happened. Or Dove's Wing, or Stone Song, or... anybody :(

but dying has a well-defined meaning :(

But for all we know, he might have died and rotted, and Jayfeather came out before he bothered to look around. Not that he could probably see well in the dark. (Is Jay's Wing blind, too? I forget.)

What did the semi-medicine-cat think about the horsetail is what I wonder. Dove's Wind, Stone Song, et alibi might have thought he went insane or something, but you don't learn about useful herbs when you go insane.

also: on this page, the greatest gap between non-spoilered posts is two posts, occuring once. we're also ridiculously active again after about three week of nothing.

but dying has a well-defined meaning :(

Eh, true.

But for all we know, he might have died and rotted, and Jayfeather came out before he bothered to look around. Not that he could probably see well in the dark. (Is Jay's Wing blind, too? I forget.)

Not sure they would have allowed him to be a sharpclaw if he were blind... but no, he can see. There's this whole scene where Jayfeather's so taken by the view of the forest that his other senses appeared to have dulled, so he closes his eyes to feel more at home, and then someone else startles him by saying he looks like he's sleepwalking so he opens his eyes and promptly crashes into a tree.

Apparently he took Jay's Wing's body but kept his own mind.

What did the semi-medicine-cat think about the horsetail is what I wonder. Dove's Wind, Stone Song, et alibi might have thought he went insane or something, but you don't learn about useful herbs when you go insane.

Here, have this ridiculously nonsensical passage:

"Oh, are you using dock?" Jaypaw asked, looking up from his licking. "I always thought horsetail was best to stop bleeding."

Rising Moon's eyes widened in surprise. "Horsetail? I've never heard of that. I don't think it grows around here. Where did you hear about it?"

Every hair on Jaypaw's pelt tingled. He'd done it again! Think next time before you open your jaws, mouse-brain! "Er... I think one of the elders mentioned it," he muttered, hoping that these cats had elders.

Can you spot the nonsensical bit in this passage?

also: on this page, the greatest gap between non-spoilered posts is two posts, occuring once. we're also ridiculously active again after about three week of nothing.

You can thank Melodic Harmony for that. xD

I'll join! I love Warriors. I am on Power of Three book 3 Outcast.

I am at where Brambleclaw, Tawnypelt, Crowfeather, and Lionpaw are out on border patrol setting borders for the Tribe.

promptly crashes into a tree.

Apparently he took Jay's Wing's body but kept his own mind.

I'm quoting this just because.

Here, have this ridiculously nonsensical passage:

"Oh, are you using dock?" Jaypaw asked, looking up from his licking. "I always thought horsetail was best to stop bleeding."

Rising Moon's eyes widened in surprise. "Horsetail? I've never heard of that. I don't think it grows around here. Where did you hear about it?"

Every hair on Jaypaw's pelt tingled. He'd done it again! Think next time before you open your jaws, mouse-brain! "Er... I think one of the elders mentioned it," he muttered, hoping that these cats had elders.

Can you spot the nonsensical bit in this passage?

Er, he's mentioning elders without confirming that they have elders immediately after he tells himself not to be stupid?

This is why I don't like SAT critical reading.

You can thank Melodic Harmony for that. xD

which part of it? both?

Also, before I forget, I never did actually join, did I?

Eight post so far today, including this one.

Er, he's mentioning elders without confirming that they have elders immediately after he tells himself not to be stupid?

This is why I don't like SAT critical reading.

"MAYBE I SHOULDN'T SAY THINGS I DON'T REALLY KNOW IF THEY'LL UNDERSTAND er wait do you guys have elders?"

which part of it? both?

Er, the active-after-three-weeks thing.

Also, before I forget, I never did actually join, did I?

Nope. :V It doesn't much matter but eh.

ACTIVITY! ACTIVITY! THIS CLUB SHALL NOT DIE!
=3

So I give all my Safari Zone Pokémon warrior names. And my Pokémon on GPX+ as well as another adoptable site or two =3
Do you guys give anything warrior names?~

[/lame topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom