• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Warriors Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm male! xD *shot*

I wouldn't mind, I get mistaken for a male a lot online. Either that or everyone pronounces my name wrong in real life. My name's got a really controversial pronunciation, but it's so uncommon for it to be pronounced like it is that even when I just say my name to people they can pronounce it wrong. >_<;

SAO

I changed my avatar. 8D It's Leafpool (of course) from Russian Twilight.

Well, yeah, but the member Cinderpelt is male. xD

EDIT: By the way, I'm unsure if I yet showed you the awesome Russian Warriors site...? The paw/link on the far left is the books link, and contains awesome Russian Warriors covers of epic win. 8D

The cover at the top of the Books page is Secrets of the Clans, but that's all I'll say - it's pretty fun to guess at which book as which, especially when you consider how obvious the cats on the covers are in relation to the books. ^^

Wow, do I really get mistaken for a guy that often? xD I mean, I guess 'Salamander' is fairly gender-neutral (unlike my other alias, Keltena), but still... I think the only reason I don't make mistakes like that is because I'm so afraid of getting something dumb like that wrong, I always double-check to see. /offtopic

O.K., so I just got done reading Eclipse andI do not trust Sol!1.I don't think he knew about the prophecy. I think he could sense it's power, but I don't think he knew it and was just guessing what he told the kits. 2.If really did know about the prophecy, why would he stay in ShadowClan's camp and lead Blackstar away from StarClan?

And welcome to the club, XDragonFireX!

.If really did know about the prophecy, why would he stay in ShadowClan's camp and lead Blackstar away from StarClan?

I think it was because, despite the prophecy, he still didn't believe that StarClan were all-powerful over the forest, and he wanted to convince the cats not to put all their faith in StarClan, because the three were going to someday surpass StarClan in their power. Has anyone else noticed how the Clans seem to be leaning more towards trusting in StarClan that everything works out the way it should in PoT? In series 1, the Clans seemed more independent. I think this is purposeful, but that's just me...

[/rant]

Finished Dawn.

NO STORMFUR STAY WITH THE CLANS!TT Oh well. I hope he's happy with Brook Where Small Fish Swim.I wonder what his tribe name will be? Maybie Fur Of Coming Storms?XD But the ending was epic. Epic.

I think it was because, despite the prophecy, he still didn't believe that StarClan were all-powerful over the forest, and he wanted to convince the cats not to put all their faith in StarClan, because the three were going to someday surpass StarClan in their power. Has anyone else noticed how the Clans seem to be leaning more towards trusting in StarClan that everything works out the way it should in PoT? In series 1, the Clans seemed more independent. I think this is purposeful, but that's just me...

[/rant]

I agree with you completely, but you missed my point. I just don't think Sol is this all-knowing prophecy-mentore Jaypaw seems to think he is. That, and Blackstar turning away from StarClan ruined him for me, and he was one of my favorite charectors;_;

I agree with you completely, but you missed my point. I just don't think Sol is this all-knowing prophecy-mentore Jaypaw seems to think he is. That, and Blackstar turning away from StarClan ruined him for me, and he was one of my favorite charectors;_;

I never said I thought Sol was omnipotent - what I believe is that his abilities rival those of the three and StarClan's, but they're simply different. I imagine him as a cat version of Midnight - he knows things, but he's not necessarily told by StarClan. I don't have a clue as to how he would know these things (about the Clans, first off, and then quite obviously StarClan, the prophecy and the eclipse), but somehow he knows. Whether or not he actually knew about the prophecy or was just guessing at it, you have to admit he has some suspicion to him - the most obvious hint, in my mind, is the way he's twice been claimed to have a hypnotic gaze. I might be reading too much into it, but if you'll remember, Thornclaw brought him right into camp despite his being, well, a loner, and then there's of course Blackstar and the whole ShadowClan ordeal.

When I mentioned his being similar to Midnight, don't take it as if he believes in StarClan as fervently as Midnight or any Clan cat (barring Cloudtail, Mothwing and of course the current Blackstar/ShadowClan), but I do think he believes in StarClan, at any rate. Cloudtail and Mothwing never tried to turn their Clan away from StarClan. But Sol's more outspoken in his belief of StarClan and how they actually are, and he's just bent on convincing the Clan cats that there's something more beyond StarClan: a change that they can't control; a destiny predetermined by the actions of three ThunderClan cats and not even slightly influenced by StarClan; the eclipse; and, of course, StarClan's surrender (I interpret Jaypaw's thoughts in that chapter to mean that the eclipse changed StarClan as well as the living Clans, and now the Clan cats might as well be on their own - StarClan are now powerless to influence the Clan cats or shape their destiny...). By the way, I also have a belief that the eclipse is directly linked to the three - and not just because of Sol's analogy that the eclipse represents the change that now allows Jaypaw, Hollyleaf and Lionblaze to directly control the fate of the Clans.

I also had a random theory for how such a thing can happen with the three: power-influenced omnipotence. This doesn't mean they're able to walk up to some cat and go "hey go jump off a cliff" and they do so, it's more along the lines of... well... I think my best example would be Outcast. The three wanted to go the mountains, thus it was so. Jaypaw explains this at the end of the book, but it's not quite too clear. What I'm trying to say is... say that, I dunno, Berrynose, Hazeltail and Mousewhisker wanted to go to the mountains for the reasons Jaypaw, Hollyleaf and Lionblaze wanted to go, and the three didn't want to go. They (Berry/Hazel/Mouse) wouldn't have gotten to go. Now, say Jaypaw, Hollyleaf and Lionblaze didn't want to go to the mountains, but no other cats did (aside from Brambleclaw, Squirrelflight, Stormfur and Brook, obviously), either. The opportunity for Jay/Holly/Lion to go to the mountains may not have come up.

... This is turning into a rant of sorts, isn't it? *closes spoiler tag*

...Flametail is a girl?

Wait, I am? D: I guess we'll have to move to Canada to get married now, Leafy.

... Actually, that would explain a lot. Like the obsession with Firestar and Phoenix.

Mrrph. I'd say more, but my brain is /ded/ after Halloween.

*endpost*

Wait, that wasn't even vaguely on-topic, was it? Guess I'll have to say something somewhat relevant.

Sol makes me want to break things. Lots of things. >| And the rabid fangirling on Warrior's Wish does not win him any points here. *tends to shy away from things that are popular objects of fangirlage* 'Kay, he doesn't believe that StarClan is all-powerful, fine. And he's right. But that doesn't mean he has to go shoving his beliefs down the throats of everyone else. Who gave him the right to whisper things in Blackstar's ear, corrupting him and destroying his faith so that he could drag ShadowClan away from the lake, a decision that could get all four Clans slaughtered? If there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that Sol is bad news. [/rant]

Sol makes me want to break things. Lots of things. >| And the rabid fangirling on Warrior's Wish does not win him any points here. *tends to shy away from things that are popular objects of fangirlage* 'Kay, he doesn't believe that StarClan is all-powerful, fine. And he's right. But that doesn't mean he has to go shoving his beliefs down the throats of everyone else. Who gave him the right to whisper things in Blackstar's ear, corrupting him and destroying his faith so that he could drag ShadowClan away from the lake, a decision that could get all four Clans slaughtered? If there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that Sol is bad news. [/rant]

That's what I'm saying.

Warroircats.com actually updated and has the book descriptoin for Long Shadows. It is freakin' awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom