• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are you listening to?

It's hard for me to find new music since my brain specifically likes music that's already familiar to me (in a broad definition of the term. For some reason it defines "familiar" as meaning somewhere on the range of "songs I've heard like 100 times" to "songs that are made by bands adjacent to other ones I've already listened to")

I can relate to this! I have branched out into some new music genres lately, but I tend to stick to "this one particular artist of this genre" for a long time before I add other artists into the mix ha.

Anyway, I currently can't get enough of Marcus Warner (epic instrumental/orchestral/sometimes lyrics/movie trailer-esque) - particularly Deep Blue and all of 39 Seconds. It's so expansive and immersive and I feel like I'm flying :O

i LOVE old marina and the diamonds (even though she doesn’t even go by that name anymore ...). the family jewels is a blessed album

coming back to say that i’ve been revisiting a lot of early radiohead. also going heavy on phoebe bridgers again, as if boygenius wasn’t enough..... i’m so excited for her next record :’)))

Last edited:
phoebe bridgers' new album (punisher) that literally came out like two days ago, the smashing pumpkins (pretty much siamese dream atm), have a nice life, and finally getting to listen to the strokes beyond their Popular Songs (largely by virtue of kyeugh pushing me to a while back) :>

i'm on a bit of a music discovery journey/am considering getting back into writing by just doing like, journal-style reviews of stuff i listen to. idrk where i'd put that but i love validation so if anyone wants to hype me up/bully me into that please do.

oh yeah, also, i've been using last.fm a lot recently. if anyone else is on there ... let's form a tcod.fm gang tbh please. :D

Last edited:
spotify’s release radar graciously reminded me recently that Black Crown Initiate’s new album comes out in two weeks, and i’ve been blasting all of the singles for it on repeat for way too long now, especially Holy Silence
(all i need now is a 10hr loop of just the middle heavy riff and my life will be complete tbh)

I have been Listening to a ton of NF, and some other Rap aswell like Lecrae and Andy Mineo. But i also have been listening too skillet lol

How To Destroy The World by A Trevena.

It's an audiobook. Apparently gelignite is not involved in the process, although there may be some custard.

Back
Top Bottom