• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are you reading? II

I am reading 'The Maze Runner' by James Dashner. It's one of those books where it's really ambiguous at the start and doesn't explain a lot in the beginning. I'm only about 10 pages in, and the thing I notice the most is how instead of cursing, the characters say things like 'klunk' and 'shank'. It's because the people invented a new kind of English or something, but it's really weird hearing someone say 'You'll klunk your pants' (yes, this does happen).
I am reading the sequel, The Scorch Trials.

I tried to read Paolini's Inheritance but considering I've read the likes of Anathem and The Stand since I read Brisingr, my tolerance for literary stupidity has plummeted too far to tolerate it. I gave up on Sophie's World because the translation was really childish and uninteresting.

Considering reading a classic over the mid-term. Catch-22, maybe.

Just finished Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke. Now reading 11/22/1963 by Stephen King.

I'm reading Grotesque by Natsuo Kirino! I wanted to read some Japanese feminist (crime) fiction, so.

I gueeess I'm also reading Cold Magic by Kate Elliot, which to be fair is some kind of Afro-Celtic steampunk icepunk sci-fi thing where all the main characters are of colour, and. That's cool, but. I wish it were better-written. :C But it's interesting, so I'll battle on!

Have started Catch-22, finding it pretty hilarious. My aunt is buying me one hundred euro worth of books from Amazon for my eighteenth birthday, so I'm getting some pretty sweet titles soon enough, including Maus and The God Delusion.

Just finished Gathering Blue and Bones (The little comic book). Now I'm reading Messenger.

I just finished up Brisingr and now I am trying to get me hands on Book Four of the Eragon/Inheritance Series.

Just finished Dark Life. Havent found anything new so far. (Seriously I think I've read every good book at my school library =_=)

Just finished Gone With the Wind (can't remember the author) (Oddly enough, not for school, just for fun)
Now I'm starting The Shining by Stephen King.

Ursula K. Le Guin's The Other Wind, and as soon as it arrives, Murakami's 1Q84! I will probably hate it.

Read Catch-22, The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ, Superman: Red Son, Batman: Year One, Batman: The Long Halloween and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. Just started Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson. I'm hopeful because Anathem by the same author is my favourite book of all time.

Back
Top Bottom