• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salamandastron, fifth book in the Redwall series. I'm having a race with a kid at school to see who can finish the series fastest, but I'm losing. D:

i finished on the road. it was really good; i recommend it to anyone wanting something kind of journey-ish. it reminded me of the breakfast club in a way; while it probably wouldn't mean much if you took it at face value, like the kids in there did at first, if you gave it a chance, it could have a big impact.

edit: oh, i started perfect from now on today. it was mostly just some guy nerding out about indie rock; it's good.

The His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman is really good. I've read the first two books, The Golden Compass and The Subtle Knife, and have started The Amber Spyglass.

Also The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare is definitely worth checking out. I've read City of Bones and City of Ashes and can't wait to read City of Glass.

Finally getting around to Brave New World.

Then I've to read The Handmaid's Tale for school, which I'm quite looking forward to.

I don't really know what to read right now because I bought a lot of books in a short amount of time. I read about three Jeeves stories per day, but I'm trying to pick a longer novel to read inbetween the Jeeveses.
I've got 1984 (George Orwell), Room With a View (E.M. Forster), Lolita (Vladimir Nabokov), Notre-Dame Des Fleurs (Jean Genet), The Surprising Adventures of Baron Munchausen, Moab is my Washpot and The Liar (both Stephen Fry).

I think I'll start with 1984, then go on to Room With a View, the Stephen Fry novels, Notre-Dame, Lolita and Munchausen. So hard to choose though uggh

Oh I just love reading books. You can just consider me a bookworm. :P

Right now, I'm reading Black Beauty by Anna Sewell for the second time. It's a great book, and really shows how cruelly horses were treated back then.

Hopefully in the future I plan to get the third book in the Twilight series, Eclipse, by Stephanie Meyer.

Let's see...
Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare
Fantastic Voyage II: Destination Brain by Isaac Asimov
Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkein
The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner
Wintersmith by Terry Pratchett
...and that's it for the moment. I have a hard time focusing on just one book at a time, and I read quickly enough that if I want a book to last any time at all, I have to read multiple books at a time.

The Host by Stephenie Meyer at the moment. Yes, I know, it's her and I do feel quite embarrassed reading it in broad public sometimes but hey, it's actually kind of good. Which is probably why it hasn't got a lot of attention. Very original idea, seems like a different writer. Maybe she hired somebody else to write it...

After that I'll be reading Daggerspell by Katharine Kerr~ :3

At the moment, I'm reading Stephen King's Misery during the day, and The Five People You Meet in Heaven (by Mitch Albom) in the evenings.

The reasoning being, of course, if I read SK before bed, I'll get terrible nightmares D:

i am reading lolita now.

this book is so surprising. it has kept me guessing from page one! i really like it.
Oh, I'll be reading that one soon, good to know it's so enticing.

Finished 1984 a couple of days ago (so great) and am now slowly going through Niccolò Machiavelli's The Prince.
My history teacher told me to since I want to study history in university and this is apparently a good work to have read. It's very interesting but I can't seem to be able to stomach more than about ten pages at a time. The book's about 70 pages long and I'm only on 26.
Sucks man.

Ralph Waldo Emerson - Nature

Emerson is a pretty cool guy. Been meaning to read this for a while. :V

I also just finished reading The Kite Runner for school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom