• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are your religious beliefs?

What are your religious beliefs?

• Catholicism

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Protestantism

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Orthodoxy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non-Protestant Reformed Christian

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Sunni Islam

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Shi'ite/Shia Islam

• Theravada Buddhism

• Mahayana Buddhism

• Zen/Tendai Buddhism

• Hinduism

• Sikhism

• Wicca

• Other Neopagan

• Judaism

• Atheist

Votes: 37 51.4%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • None/don't know

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

Storm Earth and Fire

Would you like to make a contract?
Just a little poll I thought I'd make to get a better idea of the demographics here. Hopefully we don't degenerate this thread.

Theravada Buddhist here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: What religion do you adhere to?

Christian.

Let's try not to let this thread turn into "OMG UR BUDDHIST I CAN'T BE FRENDZ WITH U NEMORE!"

Last edited:

Yeah, what is up with the None option? That is essentially serving the same purpose as the Aetheist option O.o

Anyways, I am Christian Catholic at the moment, considering a switch to Buddhism once I research it and compare it with Christianity some more to see whether or not it is any better for me than Christianity is

Yeah, what is up with the None option? That is essentially serving the same purpose as the Aetheist option O.o

Not really. I wouldn't consider myself an atheist or an agnostic, since you have to care about a god on some level to be considered one. And yes, I consider 'denial' as a form of caring since you recognize the nonexistence of a higher entity.

I suppose if I had to define my beliefs, it'd be 'neutrality on all accounts.'

EDIT: To be fair, though, I did vote 'other.' Neutrality on all accounts indeed.

Anyways, I am Christian Catholic at the moment, considering a switch to Buddhism once I research it and compare it with Christianity some more to see whether or not it is any better for me than Christianity is

Cheetah answered your question for me. Some people really just don't give a damn to where they say none.

As far as going over to Buddhism. I'm not sure how much I can help you, since I was born Buddhist. I have been to a Christian church for services/Bible studies/whatever else Christians do weekly twice in my life, accompanying friends. Free food. *nods* Yeah, that's the extent of my experience with Christianity.

Atheist. Philosophical category would probably fall under Existentionalism, which is a belief that basically boils down to "God doesn't exist, therefore there is no punishment, therefore do as you wish"

EDIT: I suppose I must add this too - several of my beliefs come from religions such as Satanism. Plenty of their beliefs make complete and utter sense.
And no, Satanism isn't stabbing people and laughing like a madman for Satan. That image was created by the Church to corrupt it's image due to the name and belief in the manifestation of evil.

Last edited:

LaVeyan Satanist, straight-up, and now I'm all offended that I had to vote "Other". xD WE EXIST T-- -shot- ... just kidding.

Um, yeah. As Caller said when they referred to it... it's not about worshiping Satan and sacrificing babies and animals in the name of the personification of evil. (In fact, children and animals are supposed to be treated with the utmost respect... and there are no external gods, good or bad... the purpose of the 'god' is internalized, and so it's a big thing that you effectively worship yourself. "I am my own god". So yeah.)
It's actually named Satanism because "Satan" is derived from the Hebrew, "adversary" or "accuser", and since we exist in part to challenge tradition, norms, and mainstream religions...

Yeah.
... because I now feel obligated to...

HAIL SATAN~
-brick'd-

Last edited:

LaVeyan Satanist, straight-up, and now I'm all offended that I had to vote "Other". xD WE EXIST T-- -shot- ... just kidding.

Um, yeah. As Caller said when they referred to it... it's not about worshiping Satan and sacrificing babies and animals in the name of the personification of evil. (In fact, children and animals are supposed to be treated with the utmost respect... and there are no external gods, good or bad... the purpose of the 'god' is internalized, and so it's a big thing that you effectively worship yourself. "I am my own god". So yeah.)
It's actually named Satanism because "Satan" is derived from the Hebrew, "adversary" or "accuser", and since we exist in part to challenge tradition, norms, and mainstream religions...

Yeah.
... because I now feel obligated to...

HAIL SATAN~
-brick'd-

LaVey also stated in the Satanic Bible that atheists would find solace in it, so you could have just voted Atheist if you didn't wish to be identify under other :P

LaVey also stated in the Satanic Bible that atheists would find solace in it, so you could have just voted Atheist if you didn't wish to be identify under other :P

Well, I was just kidding. xD I have no issue with voting "other", because, while I am atheistic [obviously], I prefer identification as a Satanist, even if that means voting "other". I just like complaining. >w>

Atheist. Get rid of that 'none' option, that's what agnosticism is. Not caring until proven.

By the way, just because I feel like incensing religious people, god-worshiping religion is weak. It was created to explain what the cavemen didn't know. Seeing as we now know that the earth is round, goes about the sun, lightning is electricity, etc., I don't see why people can't man up and admit that not everyone is capable of comprehending the mathematical explanations of science, which hold a lot more ground than 'god did it' which is equally inexplicable to those insecure of mind.

Grr. Religion. Once it goes beyond philosophy, it screws people up. Jesus had it right. If people did what he said instead of making a religion out of it then there would be a lot more brains in the world right now.

[/rant] (sorry eh)
Edit: forgot to mention: satanism sounds hella fun, but I'll be damned before I'm associated with a 'religion'. I already love myself, guess I could worship it too. And all that challenging tradition and preset beliefs is right in my line.

I'm athiest, because I see no proof in God or stuff like that and I find it rather pointless. No offence to those who believe in him.

Vyraura said:
Get rid of that 'none' option, that's what agnosticism is.

Agnosticism is the belief in a god, usually some sort of vague, ethereal higher entity.

Not having/caring about a religion is something else entirely.

Back
Top Bottom