• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you think of fellow forumgoers? (Again!)

yep!!! we had originally had plans to meet up in meatspace but I am lazy and bad at commuting downtown iirc

I can surmise that she saw butterfree's post on tumblr about the forum revival so she's probably not interested unfortunately?? but perhaps I will poke her and see
omfg you live in the GTA too?!?!?!?!?! don't tell me you also went to our uni omg

yoooo it's ridiculous that there are several tcodf people in this little sphere of civilization!! and that I'm finding this out now, after like. 10+ years. truly, I am very behind the times

nah, the Other big university in toronto

yoooo it's ridiculous that there are several tcodf people in this little sphere of civilization!! and that I'm finding this out now, after like. 10+ years. truly, I am very behind the times

nah, the Other big university in toronto
wow! I can't believe people on the internet actually live in this densely-populated area!!!

(not sarcasm)

mewtini - I remember you as a younger user, and tbh it's like. surreal and cool to see you around older and with your own developed aesthetic and stuff???
this is incredibly nice to hear :') i remember like passively really looking up to you when i was younger tbh and kind of resigned myself to the fact that we'd never talk hahaha, so ... reading this so many years later is like :0 for me

there are never more than 2 canadians on any internet space of course, we have a quota

also omg I existed enough to be looked up to??? I... cannot fathom that, my own memory of earlier tcod time is (as I suspect is usual) very embarrassing, and mostly consists of being enthusiastic and all over the place, and then just. not really existing much outside of rp. so this is a :0 moment for us both!

Butterfree - Awesome, friendly, calm, caring admin. She's been a great friend of mine over the years :)

Melanie - She does't post a lot right now, but she's on of my best friends.

Greninlucarizardlup (i hope i spelled that right...) - Also a very good friend. It means a lot to me this person is there for me, too, because his posts are often very upbeat and its good to have a person to talk to when my life is filled with sadness....

IndigoEmmy - Sweet and so dedicated to all things pokemon :D and really funny with her LOUD posts xD she's awesome

I Liek Squirtles - Really fun to talk about pokemon in general with :)

Herbe - Said some very comforting words. Thank you. I should add you to my friends :)

----

These are the people i could think of, for now.

EDIT: I have a lot of pain and fear tonight :( i hope making this post helps things improve for me....i just need kindness, i'm suffering too much over simba....*sigh* i'm even considering hospitalizing myself for a short while after his death. Thats how much it hurts me to see him go.

I'm sorry for mistakes i've made out of my sadness :'( i just want people to feel safe around me....

Last edited:
I'm so sorry, Jirachu. For what its worth, you're a joy to be on a forum with. I really love your presence here <3
I added you to my shout outs :) I should become friends with you, you're so kind... :D *hug's* thank you

I hope i'll be less scared of forums again tomorrow. Its hard for me to withdraw from them :( often they actually help forcus me and stuff...

Brings me back... might as well pay my respects. Really, this forum was a huge part of me back in the day, for better or worse.

Probably the person I recall respecting the most is Kratos Aurion for an unwavering dedication to her work, as well as being well-spoken and intellectual. I still feel the pangs of being intimidated by her from my youth.

Vipera Magnifica is also pretty cool.

I doubt these people are still active [though I am uncertain due to being gone for many years], but I will give further shout outs to:

Zephyrous Castform and Zora of Termina for being good friends for many years in the turbulent waters of my life. Sadly, life has taken us in different paths nowadays, but I still appreciate it all the same.

Dannichu for overwhelming kindness. I remember her being one of the first who was nice to me when I joined. And she always posted in my art thread, as mediocre as I was, making me feel like someone actually cared about my stupid childish scribblings.

Kinova, Catch-22, and Flazeah for being great to talk to. Kinova also posted in my thread and also gave me the same feelings.

Meowth/Mike the Foxhog and Music Dragon for being entertaining weirdos.

Last edited:
I feel like i really need to elaborate more on a few people.

Mewtini - For being awesome, badass, and helpful.

Butterfree - For making TV tropes mafia, getting me into mafia, and helping me with webmaster stuff. And since i think your website is very cool (both layout and content) and i have never seen you give a love on anything, but i have seen my likes when you put a love on my layout i literally screamed. I probably think you're cooler than you are but, hey, nothing wrong with that :D

Myuma - my half-baked post at first was not enough to do you justice myuma. You're one of my friends on here, was willing to do an Anime-style-battle with me, and you have a website with a lot of potential.

Eifie - for being cool and funny and witty and eifie. And you're reffing IndigoEmmy vs Myuma

Jirachu - For being very positve, funny, and friendly. :D

Myself - I'm really cool.

Kyeugh - I'm still working on farfetch'd (lol crystal sprites are hard) and thank you for sharing the Ed Edited it thingy to me.

SandstoneShadow - Thanks for reffing ASB! I don't know very much about you but i'm sure you are a very cool person.

I liek Squirtlez - For being very friendly and funny and cool.

Herbe - Is awesome! No explanation needed (Actually i can't think of an explanation, but you are awesome)

Greninlucazardlup - Ack i forgot you! I feel so bad because you're totally awesome! And you hang around with Jirachu and i need to battle you on pokémon showdown sometime. ;)

Keldeo - You seem to be very good at playing mafia so i was very confused. Bravo.

Ruby - for having witty responses to things, liking studio ghibli stuff (Which i'm not super into but is still cool) and a bunch of other stuff. It seems like Ruby just appeared out of the blue one day.

My mind blanked but everyone on here is freaking awesome. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Hm might be early for me to do this, but I decided to do one either way... Mind you, I haven't been here very long so I haven't formed an opinion on everyone (I mean if I don't name you it's bc we haven't interacted much and I'm purposefully doing a small list to avoid being generic...)

mewtini: evil genius. Well played tbh (talking about snomafia and the whole - hmm would it be possible someone got a flavor fakeclaim- or w/e). It's funny in hindsight. Other than maf, you just seem like a genuine and kind person, which is partly why I fell so much for your trick ahah :)

Kokoriko cool chicken. I honestly just like you in a general way and you're funny :3

Herbe it's cool that we share the interest on SPG and you seem like a fun person ^^

Trebek: you're actually not bad at mafia if that's what you think! You come across as sweet and playful and that's nice ^^

Blu: Ball of sunshine and very sweet :3

-------------
update July 26
Rari- you're great <3 and smart
Mawile- super chill and fun

Last edited:
it's not a bad thing ^-^ I was just saying-- and thanks!

But yeah, I would love to play another game with you too! even if you do end up brutally betraying me again, I mean, that's just part of the game 😁

e: may keep adding names to the list

Last edited:
storm: storm feels like such a Classic TCoD fren. love yr vibes tbh. my Introvert Adoption instincts go off around you ehe. let's play more games together and stuff!! interaction!!!!
flora: chel!!!!! i was crazy abt you in my Kid years on the forum but now i see you as like, a kindred sort of spirit and a safe person. chel time chel time
kokorico: i adore you mx. chicken. we should have a Friendship. you're a fun and interesting entity!!
MF: my actual factual older sister. bless RNG for putting us in the same scumteam in the Revival, that's what gave me the courage to come talk to you. it's crazy how i idolized so many people that i'm just best pals with now. i couldn't ask for a better mentor and friend. talking to you always puts a smile on my face :') i want to send you some sort of little trinkets or knicknacks!!!!!
Mawile: Mawile!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mawile >:3333 mawile!!!!!! what if we started dming and chatting again haha.... unless...
I think we have a lot more in common than we even know yet and i can't wait to become even better frens w you!!!
mewtini: hi mewtini!!!!!!! :DDD i still consider you an Excellent Friend although we don't have as much to bitch about together anymore haha. yr one of my best friends on here (and one of my Delightfully Close Friends in general!) oh, news, i think the CFC ran it's course so it's all chill again tbh :> mewt time mewt time!!!! when are we gonna hydra tbh
rari_teh: hell yea it's rari. you always bring Excellent Vibes to the table and we should pal around!!! you feel like, Established now n i love it (even though you've just been here for relatively not that long? i say, checking your signup date and seeing it's march, and being like "oh that's barely any time wait what the fuck it's AUGUST?????") i also think of you as a literal espurr at this point which is cool cause espurr is one of my favorite pokemon
bluwiikoon: a ray of sunshine!!! make sure you give as much love to yourself as you freely share with all of us <3
vipera magnifica: yr a cool snakeman tbh. i think it's really cool that you're a teacher. you're a lot of fun tbh and you really add a lot to the general forum environment :> iconic
ysabel: you seem like such a genuinely kind person! you make me smiley :))
myuma: i really like your aesthetic, we haven't talked much but you seem like a kind person and im glad you're here :)

Last edited:
With the usual narcissism of someone on the internet, I keep expecting my own name to pop up. Then I see that the date on the newer posts are from April. Since I found my password around June, it was clearly a fools errand in the first place. I'm also far too lazy to come here more than infrequently to look at things.

I like most of you anyway, even if you don't like me enough to invent a time-machine, go back in time, present Hitler to an orphanage in Antarctica, massage my ego from a few minutes ago, and head back to the present. Without exploding, I should add, since that is a thing you would do if you managed to time-travel into a moving atmosphere...

Back
Top Bottom