• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you think of fellow forumgoers?

Art is created to be criticised! You can't improve if nobody tells you how to make things better.

I whole-heartedly agree with that! Though I'm in the camp that extremely harsh criticism hurts a lot before it helps, and that posting response gifs and one sentence answers isn't really 'constructive' criticism.

But whatever, I can't change you. I'd rather not bother trying. When you do give criticism it's excellent, so I might as well take the mixed bag!

My .gifs make me fly like a G6.

Sometimes though, you just can't get through to people and it's best to just be harsh. People listen when you're rude.

And I've given criticism...? ...
I genuinely can't remember the last time I didn't post a response gif :(

My .gifs make me fly like a G6.

Sometimes though, you just can't get through to people and it's best to just be harsh. People listen when you're rude.

And I've given criticism...? ...
I genuinely can't remember the last time I didn't post a response gif :(

Well, that is true.

And I THOUGHT I saw you giving criticism... might've been James. Ah well, you've definitely gotten stuff through to people, that's for sure. P:

Art is created to be criticised! You can't improve if nobody tells you how to make things better.

I get that you're talking about threads where people publicly post their stuff and ask for commentary on it, but art exists as a form of expression, and you, or anyone else, can't claim what its purpose is.

I often draw when I'm in a bad mood. Sometimes (oftentimes) it's terrible. But if, in the process of drawing, it makes me feel better, then it's done what it was supposed to do. I'll often draw silly little doodles to amuse whoever I'm with. I don't care if the drawing is awful; if it makes my friend smile, then it's served its purpose. If I'm bored in a lecture, I'll draw stuff on and around my notes. If doing so relieves my boredom, it doesn't matter how good or otherwise it is.

*acknowledgement of how off-topic this is*

Well, I can claim what its purpose is! Art is obviously created as an expression of something, but once you show it to someone you can't decide what its purpose is and ignore other interpretations. The person who views it decides themselves what they believe the purpose is, and therefore, art is there to be criticised.

It's like publishing a book, and then deciding that only the author has the right to say what the book means. I went and read the thing, so I have just as much of a right to say 'this is what I think this book means' as anyone else.

Does it make me a bad person that I went into the Writing forum for the first time ever just now trying to find the alleged pot-shots and response gifs?

Alraune said:
Does it make me a bad person that I went into the Writing forum for the first time ever just now trying to find the alleged pot-shots and response gifs?

ha please that is half of my time spent on this forum!

Ruby said:
Talking to me will cure you of that.

so you're like a constant downer huh :(

Medical Meccanica said:
I don't know if I'm being offtopic or anything, but in general I've found some of the mods here to be somewhat... abrasive. :x

ABRASIVE WHAT

YOU'RE
ABRASIVE

am I abrasive? :( idk, I think a lot of the mods really aren't, like: Espeon, Kratos, Negrek, Cirrus and Butterfree, but they also post less comparatively (except for Cirrus, but she's only just been modded! so).

I like to think I'm not hugely abrasive but I have this habit of being mean to people without meaning it so...!

and what of course this isn't offtopic, it's a 'what do you think of people' thread after all. :)

Ha, caught a mod in a accidental double post. I like the mods here for the most part now. Still terrified of poor Butterfree, and there is no logic behind it whatsoever.

But the mods here are the best from what I've seen on other forums.

I was joking, silly. I was making fun of the people in the Old Usernames thread. Nevermind!

Last edited:
Hello all! Holy hell, I have been lurking and all new people come to town.

Tailsy, surskitty, and Xikaze: You three are each amazing, funny, and nucking futs.
Butterfree: Odd, eccentric, and funny.
Dezzuu: Metal as hell!

I have an inexplicable fear of mods x.x Doesn't make much sense, but oh well. Seems like most of the people on here are pretty cool, I don't see as much shiftless typing or 1337-speak. Definitely a good thing. Um...dragonair and Silver are both pretty cool, and I pretty much don't know anyone else.

I'm also completely and totally terrified of Tailsy and I don't even know why Dx

:C I really wish people wouldn't be so afraid of the mods. I guess just the power in itself is intimidating, but really we only bite people for saying horribly offensive things. And if you say something horribly offensive without knowing it we usually don't bite if we know you probably don't know any better. If we have differences in worldview, we make an effort to not judge people for it when it comes to warnings and infractions, so if we're doing our job right you don't have to worry about that either. We're members too, we just happen to be able to ban trolls and infract people for being jackasses. If you're not a troll or jackass then you're fine!

Back
Top Bottom