• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you want to see in the 5th gen?

Possible idea: a mix of Underground and R/S/E Secret Bases. Maybe there would be a key item that teleports the player to a new location full of trees, caves, and bushes to create Secret Bases in. It could keep at least some of the feel of the R/S/E bases while lowering the chance of two people having overlapping Secret Bases. However, the thing about CTF versus battling would be a tough one. Perhaps CTF could be played if one's friend is online, and their trainer can be battled after they mix records.

And maybe underground tunnels would just exist for fossil digging. I don't have a problem with that. Perhaps a single area could be reserved for that.

Possible new areas:

-Floating island (Okay, I may be a bit biased for this one, but c'mon! Floating islands rule!)
-A jungle/rainforest area rather than a forest
-An eco-dome (either with one environment, or a number of biomes under one dome)
-Abandoned foundry (like the Fuego Ironworks, except abandoned and maybe with more lava)
-Underwater city
-Futuristic city (a la LaRousse City from the anime, or something totally new)
-A fully-explorable castle of some sort

I should probably start thinking that they won't quickly change the story, though. They seem to be staying Strictly Formula with this.

OMG awesome! I also wanted a non-dull secret base in DPPt. I loved having that secret base in RSE which had the sign that Team Magma/Aqua put there in the middle of a pool of water...

1) More bug and grass type pokemon that are actually half decent.
2) A ??? type pokemon that worked differently with curse.
3) A pure flying type.
4) Moar Eeveelutions plz.
5) Career choices. I wants to be a Breeder now.
5) Fire types. Two evolution lines in the Sinnoh dex. We need more.
6) Trainer Customization, but better than PBR.

I prolly already posted here about story or something, but I have a new idea: something new lol. A great game, but they need something new to base it off. Doing the same thing every game is not cool(yet still fun), just come up with something new to do. Career choices, as said before, would be awesome.

I would LOVE trainer customization, then I could make my character look like me! :3
Is it just me, or are there not that many fire types? More would be nice
Maybe a plot not involving a Team Whatever.
And the career idea definitely.
Also, as an idea for a spin off, what if they had something similar to Mortal Kombat, or Smash bro's or something, you know a fighting game, but with Pokemon. Not all of them, because it would take 100 years just to program in all the moves, but that would be kind of cool as a different battle system.

I would LOVE trainer customization, then I could make my character look like me! :3
Is it just me, or are there not that many fire types? More would be nice
Maybe a plot not involving a Team Whatever.
And the career idea definitely.
Also, as an idea for a spin off, what if they had something similar to Mortal Kombat, or Smash bro's or something, you know a fighting game, but with Pokemon. Not all of them, because it would take 100 years just to program in all the moves, but that would be kind of cool as a different battle system.

Trainer customization would be completely win! Like hairstyle and colour and everything!

I don't know if it's been said already, but I think it would be awesome (but probably unlikely) if you can use the costumes and things from contests on your Pokemon whenever, so it can even be seen in battle and stuff.

Last edited:
I think they should remove the need of having HM's to travel around, it's just a waste of space, place out some guy to block the way like they did when you try to go to Sunnyshore before going to Spear Pillar.

More like make HMs so that they can be overridden like a TM. Another thing I'd like, if you don't have all the badges and not all of the pokemon listen to you, well, what if you raised a traded pokemon above the level of listening from like level 1 and they don't listen? I think they should also add a factor in such as if they have a certain amount of friendliness, they will listen to you. This makes it so recently traded pokemon won't listen, but pokemon that have been with you a long time will.

They should make PP restore items available in stores. They should also get rid of events,The closest toys R us to my house is 30 min away and some people don't have wifi. The HM's are a pain. There should also be a way to get shines easier

^ They made a way to get shinies more easily. Chain 40 Pokémon (check the link if you don't know what that is) and the chance becomes a lot higher. They're rare because they act as trophies. Making them more common would defeat their purpose. As for events, they can be irritating, but you get a complete experience without them and they are a fun little addition.

I agree with the PP thing, though.

I would like a career chooser, too. (Though it seems unlikely that Nintendo would want to do that all of a sudden. It's a crying shame. :sad: )

And you know what would be cool? The setting could be underwater, but with advanced breathing technology for routes and stuff, and only the cities/towns would have these dome thingies with oxygen shipped from the surface. *Pant, pant* (Again, highly unlikely. :dead: )

Also, since you're underwater, it could be more frequent to encounter water Pokémon. And instead of grass, there would be coral like underwater in R/S/E.

^ Underwater probably wouldn't work. It wouldn't make sense for fire-types or flying to appear at all, and most besides water would also be iffy. It might be interesting as a side game, but not as a main-series game.

I think that each Gym Leader and Elite Four member should have personal themes, it gets boring hearing the same theme every time you battle them.

And you know what would be cool? The setting could be underwater, but with advanced breathing technology for routes and stuff, and only the cities/towns would have these dome thingies with oxygen shipped from the surface. *Pant, pant* (Again, highly unlikely. :dead: )

Also, since you're underwater, it could be more frequent to encounter water Pokémon. And instead of grass, there would be coral like underwater in R/S/E.

I agree with Slartibartfast that the underwater thing wouldn't work, but if there was a city that was entirely underwater, that would be neat. Perhaps it could be a plotline where a city sinks underwater due to presence of (insert name here) legendary.

Back
Top Bottom