• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What Games Are You Playing?

Irene isn't exactly a companion is she?
And I was under the impression that most people dislike Navi and Fi for stating the obvious and telling you about the remote's battery life.
I like them though! Though I definitely wouldn't say that they have good characters. I haven't played Infinite yet but if it's anything like the other Bioshock games I can safely assume that its characters will actually have a character.

Also I'ma let you finish but Medli is the greatest Zelda companion of ALL TIME.
(She counts if Irene counts. I do love Irene too though.)

Irene's funny. the thing about Navi and Fi is that while the things they say might be obvious to the PLAYER, it does indeed work out in-universe considering they aren't necessarily obvious to Link

anyway, been on Conception 2 for the Vita, and i finally got around to picking up Persona 4 Golden (figured i may as well, since it went down to $20 and i didn't want to buy it at full price when i played the original on PS2 five years ago, even if there is a ton of new content)

Irene's funny. the thing about Navi and Fi is that while the things they say might be obvious to the PLAYER, it does indeed work out in-universe considering they aren't necessarily obvious to Link

Also, they're only obvious if you've been playing a while! Navi and Fi were both companions in games that were really sold, so a lot of new players were trying them out. Twilight Princess was my first Zelda game, and Midna wasn't exactly helpful, so when I played Ocarina of Time for the first time, it had completely different enemies and tricks that I knew nothing about. So she didn't give off that annoying vibe, for me; same with Fi.

Also, as for the battery thing, most other games incorporate it in some weird, pointless way anyway, so shoving it in your companion who usually tells you "useless" things anyway isn't too much of a problem, I don't think.

I said that them telling you pointless things was why other people generally didn't like them. I don't mind them at all. I actually like Navi's "Hey, Listen!"

My point was that even if they're likable, they aren't good characters. They barely even have characters.

I said that them telling you pointless things was why other people generally didn't like them. I don't mind them at all. I actually like Navi's "Hey, Listen!"

My point was that even if they're likable, they aren't good characters. They barely even have characters.
I agree with you on those grounds regarding Navi, because she doesn't really have much character at all, but Fi actually ties into the story! I think she has a lot of character.

I just got myself into minecraft. I should go die. In other news, I got Pokémon Y for free from that event they were doing, all though I'm only like 6 badges in by now.

I'm apparently in a "quirky JRPG" mood, so i (re)started playing Atelier Iris 2! It's a lot of fun, if a bit easy.

I'm apparently in a "quirky JRPG" mood, so i (re)started playing Atelier Iris 2! It's a lot of fun, if a bit easy.

that's a nice game, i enjoyed it quite a bit, and i like the way the random encounters work

it has a really random difficulty spike after a certain point, but the challenge certainly isn't unwelcome in it

i just got Drakengard 3 in the mail today, and i bought Transistor, so i'm on those now

that's a nice game, i enjoyed it quite a bit, and i like the way the random encounters work

it has a really random difficulty spike after a certain point, but the challenge certainly isn't unwelcome in it

the random encounters are pretty cool. even if the GAUGE DOESN'T WORK RIGHT SOMETIMES (looking at you Riese Palace. or was that programmed because we were attacking a huge ass castle)

oddly enough the only time i game overed was at the final boss. which is weird because i suck at video games. but then again it's a fairly easy game, so.

(I WANNA GET OTHER GAMES IN THE SERIES THOUGH)

the random encounters are pretty cool. even if the GAUGE DOESN'T WORK RIGHT SOMETIMES (looking at you Riese Palace. or was that programmed because we were attacking a huge ass castle)

oddly enough the only time i game overed was at the final boss. which is weird because i suck at video games. but then again it's a fairly easy game, so.

(I WANNA GET OTHER GAMES IN THE SERIES THOUGH)

i'm actually not too sure in the case of the palace, i just remember getting annoyed at the encounters and the limited resources my dumb 14 year old self had lmao

the first Atelier Iris is REALLY good, sadly have yet to play the third one :<

Definitely try and get your hands on Mana-Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis though. that one is great, and i absolutely LOVE its combat system (i'm still mad i never played the second one D:). also, it has one of the catchiest songs ever that even my dad started whistling to, help

the ps3 titles i dunno too much about, though i played through Rorona when it came out a few years back, it was pretty fun, if a bit slow-placed, but it has a really relaxing atmosphere for a large chunk, a pretty nice change from most games.

Definitely try and get your hands on Mana-Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis though. that one is great, and i absolutely LOVE its combat system (i'm still mad i never played the second one D:). also, it has one of the catchiest songs ever that even my dad started whistling to, help

I actually wanted to nab Mana-Khemia before I realized the connection! I dunno if I can find it now though. Maybe during my eventual Old JRPG Massive Search...or through Gamestop.com.

the ps3 titles i dunno too much about, though i played through Rorona when it came out a few years back, it was pretty fun, if a bit slow-placed, but it has a really relaxing atmosphere for a large chunk, a pretty nice change from most games.

there's an archived lp of all three (god bless that poor lper that must've taken ages) of the Arland ones (plus one of Ayesha...by the same LPer omg that poor lper) and from that I've gathered that they're all pretty cool. So naturally I need to get all of them, heh

I actually wanted to nab Mana-Khemia before I realized the connection! I dunno if I can find it now though. Maybe during my eventual Old JRPG Massive Search...or through Gamestop.com.

you just have to look in the right places. thankfully, the first game isn't too hard to find, and it's pretty cheap. Mana-Khemia 2 on the other hand isn't quite so cheap, i'm not too keen on dropping $40 on a used game unless i want it /that/ much D: (bless your poor soul, wallet, and getting me that copy of Skies of Arcadia Legends ;-;)

there's an archived lp of all three (god bless that poor lper that must've taken ages) of the Arland ones (plus one of Ayesha...by the same LPer omg that poor lper) and from that I've gathered that they're all pretty cool. So naturally I need to get all of them, heh

i'll have to check them out then despite not being too fond of LPers in general haha. much as i'd like to address every game in the series, i don't have nearly as much time on my hands as i used to, so getting to so many RPGs can be pretty hard D;

I've got tha' DMC fever....Well, been playing Devil May Cry 3 religiously, anyway. Determined to get that ever elusive Platinum trophy!

I got Civilization V with all its expansions a while back, but only played like 10 hours of it. I'm getting more into it now, though. 20+ hours in the past two days :D So definitely enjoying it like I should.

I grabbed Kirby Triple Deluxe the other day and it's a blast! Hypernova's cool.

I actually wound up beating it in like. two days. So now I'm on
Dededetour
and it is SO GREAT.

I also picked up Link's Awakening DX for the 3ds virtual console for my sis's birthday, but she already had it so I just kept it. I died in the first damn dungeon right in front of the roc's feather. sigh.

Back
Top Bottom